Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Miri's mother....well that was awkward.

Still, I'm glad to see the kid being happy with our two main guys again. They really look like parent guardians out in the public. Miri's smile is still bright as ever. Rei and Kazuki has been a great influence to her.
Mar 17, 2023 9:38 AM
Apr 2021
Loved the episode, but I’m really sad now. Does anyone else feel the pain? 🥺
Mar 17, 2023 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
“Guess it’s time for the dream to end”

Man, why PA works gotta do this to me? I was so happy to see Miri mom back and glad she turned over a new leaf/finally got her life together. But CANCER?? Why can’t she just be happy with her daughter of her own volition? Cmon PA works don’t hurt this girl more 😔

I think it’s been hinted at since a few episodes ago with the defector that rei and kazuki will end up defecting from their organisation now that they have something to protect, but the interesting part will be seeing how that unfolds over these last few eps
Mar 17, 2023 10:16 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was honestly just pain

3 more episodes to go and I can only see things getting more dramatic now

I wonder how it will end
Mar 17, 2023 10:22 AM
Jan 2022
me? cry? what the hell gave you that idea? I'm fine (〒﹏〒)

can't wait for the next one.
Mar 17, 2023 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Christmas is coming up...but Miri's mother Misaki showing herself in front of the daycare where both Kazuki and Rei were going to pick her up, what's her purpose?

Of course, any kind of semblance that Miri has for her mother, you can't beat a child's biological link with their parents. Of course, with the innocent child fawning over their adult influences, how could they say no, especially when Kazuki's getting all furious and flamed. But as to the question of "why now", it's a personal karma of health-related issues like cancer that caused her to lose her voice and her man. But at the behest of wanting Miri at the expense of her own gain, even Rei is also cautious of her taking care of Miri and living a honest life of a future. The reason: Rei's father Ogino sensing that Miri's inclusion has made both Kazuki and Rei's assassin job sloppy, so much so that Kyutaro has to contact her mother to come fetch Miri before all hell turns loose, since they both killed her father in the first place.

And in doing so, taking a family day out with Miri is fitting for the buddy assassins in fun and laughter. Weenie Kazuki, haha lols. But reality hits closer than home when Miri mentions about her mother, knowing full well that this will be the last time that they will see her. It's heartwarming to even see Rei take charge of the day out to grasp as much time as possible before they say goodbye, and both buddy daddies were certainly changed because of Miri.

It's sad to see Miri go, but the job has to be done. It's time to wake up from the dream, and as much as I'm crying onion tears in pain, it's time to move on.
Mar 17, 2023 10:32 AM

Sep 2021
this episode had that happy->sad->happy cycle goin on

why do i get the feeling that the end will be a tragedy
it would be better if im wrong
Mar 17, 2023 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
I was sobbing the entire time. Man, what a bitter-sweet episode.

Miri’s mom seemed to have gotten better but she’s got a little time left to spend with Miri. I feel so much for Kazuki, Miri going straight to hug her mom after daycare, giving his time and showing effort to raise Miri, and being torn apart wanting to be with her but knowing what’s best for Miri.

After we’ve gotten used to their family dynamic, seeing Miri get taken back by her mother after one last outing with her papas made me feel so sad. Surprisingly enough, Rei handled it pretty well and enjoyed his time with Miri, but he also looked heartbroken. Kazuki and Rei have changed in my opinion.

At first, I thought that this would be all fluff, but they decided to give the characters the consequences from their actions.
Mar 17, 2023 10:55 AM
Nov 2021
Heart breaking to watch :_(
Everything was so sweet... yet broken at the same time I wanna cry..  the whole episode was a cycle of emotions.
Now we got a better view on what the family actually is objectively, not just from the happy things they show us... I feel bitter-sweet about her mother, I understand her but I am salty about her since from what we get to see the Papas deserve Miri too, they could co-parent her but not live together if you get what I mean...
About the daycare, I hope the Papas see her somehow like but I don't want Miri to notice it.
Hope that the papas see her after a time-skip will be interesting, definitely sticking around to this series until it ends, i <3 it
spsrk111Mar 17, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 17, 2023 10:56 AM
Jul 2022
AW HELL NAWWW where the heck is this gonna go?? I'm so scared...
Mar 17, 2023 11:05 AM
May 2021
Throughout the whole episode, I couldn't help but feel that something was really odd about this...

I can't shrug off the possibility that the mother's lying through her teeth somehow or that Miri will end up being kidnapped and that Rei and Kazuki will have to defect and save the day.
Mar 17, 2023 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
This show reached the next level and I think I somewhat called the events from this episode. What a rollercoaster of emotions.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2019
*sob sob* i really hope that they unalive every person of this organization so all three (or four, depends if you like the mom or not) of them can live together with the greatest happy End they can get :(

Mar 17, 2023 11:44 AM

May 2020
I see ferris wheel and I know something super bad will happen. That last bit was emotional but well that's the reality for now... Miri's not with the buddies anymore:(

I just hope her mom doesn't pull something weird though.
Mar 17, 2023 11:52 AM
Dec 2022
This episode was so heartbreaking. Like they really did throw a bomb on us here. They were just finally becoming a family and even though Kazuki and Rei can't see it, they have really changed.

Miri's mom suddenly coming back into the picture doesn't sit well with me and I don't believe her cancer story. For the fact that Rei's dad wants to get Miri and Kazuki out of Rei's life I believe there has to be some kind of bribery here considering the fact she blatantly refused the child at first, also knowing that Kyou Chan called her to come "look" after Miri as if he wasn't supporting Rei and Kazuki in the beginning.

But all in all what matters here is Miri's happiness and I think she is more happy with her daddies, not her mom because as she left with her mom she mentioned seeing them tomorrow, not know she might possibly be going forever :(. Like they always say you don't have to be blood to be family. Hopefully we will get a happy ending where they all reunite :)
Mar 17, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2022
Kagalove123 said:

Me!! I really held back tears throughout the episode 😭
Mar 17, 2023 11:56 AM
Dec 2022
I wonder if she really changed that much or Kyu payed her a lot to take Miri back.
Mar 17, 2023 12:06 PM
Apr 2022
I AM IN LITERAL TEARS YALL
I understand Misaki wanting Miri back in her life and clearly she had changed. But legally Kazuki and Rei are Miri's guardians. And Kazuki knows what it's like to be abandoned by his parents. He doesn't want Miri to suffer the way he has. It's clear they both love Miri a lot and want to a part of her life. I don't know what child custody is like in Japan but is there a way for Misaki and Kazuki and Rei to have some kind of shared custody?
Also KYU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS WE TRUSTED YOU
It feels like Kazuki and Rei are starting to question their line of work and if that's what they want. I really hope we get to explore that more and maybe see them leave the organization.
Mar 17, 2023 12:23 PM
Oct 2021
if pain and suffering was an option, I'd click it
Mar 17, 2023 12:26 PM

Nov 2015
Is Miri's mom "really" dying or is she faking just to get Miri back for something?
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 17, 2023 12:31 PM

Dec 2020
That was an emotional episode how they gonna leave mili by her mother that she has cancer and want to make nice memories with mili.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Mar 17, 2023 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
Old_School_Akira said:
Is Miri's mom "really" dying or is she faking just to get Miri back for something?
Her faking it would be an objectively terrible storyline, but I do wonder where things are supposed to go from here. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 2023 12:46 PM

Nov 2009
I knew I'm in for an emotional rollercoster when I saw Nitro is involved and I was not dissapointed. I honestly can't predict which way the story will go. 
Mar 17, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
Now here I am feeling all empty and lonely, such a lovely place to end with them going to that ride and all agreed they had reached the peak and the journey was over but I don't want it to end : (
Mar 17, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 2020
Kagalove123 said:

Same here. This episode left me with so much sadness, especially for Kazuki :(
Mar 17, 2023 1:09 PM
Jan 2021
as soon as miris mother showed up i knew it was going to be a heavy hitting episode, as much as i hate her mom and feel bad for her, she decided not to be part of her life so she cant complain... she made her bed she lie in it. 
Mar 17, 2023 1:13 PM
Feb 2021
not the best kind of PA Works drama but this was also kinda good I guess
Mar 17, 2023 1:17 PM
Feb 2023
Misaki coming back for Miri when she has cancer and probably only a few months left is incredibly selfish imo. Forcing Miri to get separated from Kazuki and Rei and then dying on her like that just so she could spend her last few months without feeling guilt about having abandoned her daughter is a terrible move and I hate her for that. At the same time she does have a point about Kazuki and Rei's job but it feels more like a convenient excuse than anything else.
Mar 17, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2020
I guess it was the safe way of not killing Miri and her two daddies.
I dont see them leaving the business and being normal would have liked Ryou
to get obsessed with Miri like training to be the perfect contract agent.
Mar 17, 2023 1:37 PM

Jan 2010
Well miri's mother deserved all that is happening to her, that's karma but I guess this was the best option and props to kyu-chan to make it happen, who knows what would've happen if they still kept miri and with the organization behind them.

maybe we will see, there's still 3 chapters left.
Mar 17, 2023 1:38 PM

Mar 2022
Aside from the utter devastation I feel over this episode, I don't trust Miri's mom. Something's fishy, and giving her back to her mom really wouldn't be a good environment for Miri, even with the danger that staying with her dads brings. I really hope that this won't end badly for Miri and her dads.
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Mar 17, 2023 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
The best outcome would be if Kazuki and Misaki got married. All three knows and agrees, that Miri's happines is the most important.

Mar 17, 2023 1:46 PM

Jan 2021
Wow this episode threw around my emotions like crazy. 

First Miri's mom showing up out of nowhere, she wanted Miri back and she knew where Rei & Kazuki were. Miri's mom doesn't have long to live but Kazuki doesn't want to hear her sob story and just hates her throughout the episode.

Kugi told the mom where they were, he said to Kazuki & Rei, Its either giving Miri to her mom or betraying the organization. 

Kazuki & Rei giving Miri the best day of her life before sending her off with her mom, that was the most wholesome thing to see in the episode. The 2 dads really are incredible and Miri adored them. 

Now the questions remains, will we see Miri somewhere in the last 3 ep's?
Mar 17, 2023 1:58 PM

Oct 2019
The facial expressions have been consistently good but I feel like they were particularly expressive in this episode. I could feel every bit of Kazuki and Rei's pain when looking at their faces, or even just half of them. Really really appreciate the amount of effort they put into that.

Loved the episode, completely broke my heart.
Mar 17, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2022
Miri-chan's mother finally came to her senses despite the fact that she had to suffer from a terminal illness... The farewell of Miri and her adoptive parents, even knowing that they would not be apart for long, was touching.
From this point everything is unknown, will there be a Time Skip? Will they fight the organization?
Honestly, I'm really curious about what's next for this.
Mar 17, 2023 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
Im ugly crying.... NOOOOO!! 

I wish they told Miri it would be the last time instead of her having the expectation she will see them tomorrow. My heart </3 
Mar 17, 2023 2:24 PM

Apr 2020
An amazing Episode, one of the better ones I've seen in a long time...
Mar 17, 2023 2:31 PM
Oct 2021
the tears are real omg
Mar 17, 2023 2:37 PM

Mar 2018
LostSpectre said:
Old_School_Akira said:
Her faking it would be an objectively terrible storyline, but I do wonder where things are supposed to go from here. 
I highly doubt, that this is the end of their dilemma. My guess would be, that Miri ends up being abducted anyways, since she still had relations to Kazuki and Rei. It would also make for a good climax to the finale of the show.
Mar 17, 2023 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
This episode has succeeded in making me feel happy to outright sad within 24 minutes. =(

Miri's mother makes her appearance again for the first time since the 3rd episode and it looks like her cancer has spread to the point that she can't sing anymore, which made her abusive shitty boyfriend dump her. This has given her a wake up call and she's gone out of her way to find where Kazuki and Rei lives and asks for Miri to live with her again.

Since it was Kyu who gave her the information, along with his stern words about how she's distracting both of their work, it does look like that they can't win this battle.

On the bright side, the three chose to go to a nice shopping centre, filled with many shops, arcades and activity centres where all of them had fun, before ending it with a ride on the Ferris wheel with a beautiful view of the city. Throughout this part of the episode, you can tell from the expressions from both Kazuki and Rei know what was going to happen once the day was over, despite their best efforts to put up a brave front to make sure that Miri had as much fun as possible.

With that, Miri was to go with her mother for a "sleepover", but we all know that there's more to that. For her safety, it's obvious that she'll be staying with her mother for a while. Having said that, it doesn't mean that any of them are out of danger yet, with the organisation still hell bent of achieving its objectives and with Rei's continued reluctance on succeeding his father's role, a betrayal of the organisation does seem likely. Knowing them, they'll do anything to get at Kazuki and Rei and kidnapping Miri could be an option.

Whether the series goes down that route for the final three episodes, who knows. Either way, I do look forward to seeing what it does next and I hope that it still remains a compelling series right to the very end. =)
Mar 17, 2023 3:15 PM
Feb 2021
This episode quite frankly made my heart hurt 😣
Mar 17, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2022
im crying becuase of that one episode
Mar 17, 2023 3:51 PM

Mar 2020
That's it? Miri is away from her papas forever? I doubt that's how it all ends, they'll see her again, right?

I doubt that Miri's mother changed that quickly. I think she might not actually have cancer, and was faking it to get Miri back. The other possibility is that Kyu paid her to take Miri back, to protect Miri in some way. There's a lot of suspicion I have for this whole situation, and something tells me it will get quite dark in these three remaining episodes as Rei and Kazuki continue their work in their organization.

A bit of a heartbreaking episode, let's hope Miri's smile is protected until the end.
Mar 17, 2023 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
Didn’t expect it to be such an emotional episode
Mar 17, 2023 4:16 PM
Jul 2013
I have always hsted the theme of a parent abandoning their child and then ripping them away from the family they have grown attached to because the "bio parent has the right". Like no, you gave up that right ages ago and u can't just jump in when it's convenient for you. Not to mention she is dying, like fuck, what now? Are u gonna traumatize Miri and die after a few months? who is gonna take care of her? the grandparents? Then why didnt she send Miri there in the first place tf? I've been saying this but visits exist, she could have inserted herself in Miri's life again that way instead of just completely taking her away goddamnit.

Don't know how the show ends, VAs said there won't be any more fluffy eps and that we should watch the finale with open minds so who tf knows now lol
Mar 17, 2023 4:26 PM

Oct 2022
This episode made me cry 😭 hopefully she really changed.

👻🎃 🎃👻

Mar 17, 2023 4:33 PM
May 2021
this episode brought me to tears, especially at the end with kazuki giving miri his scarf and her saying she'd see them tomorrow:(

i really want this shoe to end on a happy note, but with only a few episodes left im not sure if and how that would happen. keeping my fingers crossed though.

i get their line of work is dangerous and all, but miri's mom was just horrible and neglectful to miri in the past, so it frustrates me that she just shows up and miri is so excited to see her and spend time with her. it's all really a complicated situation though, especially what kyu said about how they're the ones that killed miri's dad and there's no way she'd stay oblivious to that forever. it is just a piece of fiction though, so im really hoping for a turning point and a happy ending for miri, kazuki, and rei. begging for it even, because my heart wouldn't be able to take a sad ending to this happy comfy show
My 2023 candies:
Mar 17, 2023 4:46 PM

Feb 2020
This was so sad but I feel especially bad for Rei :( He was finally starting to smile and feel some family love.
I can't trust Miri's mom tbh
Mar 17, 2023 4:51 PM
Sep 2018
Bro this was heavy….real heavy especially when both bois had to say goodbye to Miri after the Ferris wheel ride 
Mar 17, 2023 5:09 PM
Feb 2019
Man sad asf. I hope things can get resolved
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

290 by PrimeX »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

152 by PrimeX »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

109 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

95 by PrimeX »»
May 6, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2023

110 by PrimeX »»
May 6, 5:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.