Forum Settings
Forums

Broadcast of 'Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2' Postponed

New
Feb 13, 2023 11:48 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. 2 (BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. Season 2) television anime announced on Monday that episode seven will be delayed to March 8 due to the effects of COVID-19 on the production.

After episode seven, episodes eight, nine, and ten will be distributed weekly, and the broadcast of the 11th and 12th episodes will be announced later on the official website and Twitter. The series will rebroadcast the first and second episodes on February 22 and March 1, respectively.

The anime series premiered on January 11. Shin Oonuma (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku) is directing the television anime at SILVER LINK. Kazuya Hirata (Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san) is the character designer and chief animation director. Fumihiko Shimo (Date A Live IV) is in charge of the series composition, and Tarou Masuda (Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.) is composing the music.

The anime adapts Yuumikan's adventure comedy light novel, which they originally launched on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in May 2016. Kadokawa began publishing the novel in September 2017, featuring artworks by Koin (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san). The 15th volume shipped on January 10.

Jirou Oimoto began serializing a manga adaptation in Comp Ace magazine in May 2018. Kadokawa published the sixth volume in August 2022, with the seventh volume scheduled for a February 25 release.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga in English in October 2020. The seventh light novel volume went on sale in October 2022, and the fifth manga volume was released in November of the same year.

Source: Anime Recorder
VindstotFeb 13, 2023 3:50 PM
Feb 13, 2023 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
I saw that announcement earlier in the morning, studios need to find a way to cut their reliance on outsourced Chinese labor and soon as the delays are getting out of hand.

Feb 13, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2015
This season of anime has really turned into a shit show lol.

Feb 13, 2023 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
I am afraid that Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! will be the next victim .. R.I.P Winter.

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Feb 13, 2023 12:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is getting so ridiculous now
Feb 13, 2023 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
Covid again? I mean gotta love that this is just the excuse now. Just tell us you are behind and stop using this same exact excuse.
Feb 13, 2023 3:17 PM

Feb 2021
Calal-Chan said:
Covid again? I mean gotta love that this is just the excuse now. Just tell us you are behind and stop using this same exact excuse.
Yes, it is so funny excuse, I agree.
Feb 13, 2023 4:17 PM

Mar 2015
Calal-Chan said:
it's like it actually happen, shocking i know.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 13, 2023 4:24 PM
Jan 2017
As expected, now which one will be next?
Feb 13, 2023 10:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
l hope this will be the only delay and not a scene like Isekai Ojisan's. 

In any case, I'm glad this delay isn't as bad or severe as the others. Looking forward to seeing this back!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 14, 2023 1:17 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Rimuru0001 said:
I am afraid that Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! will be the next victim .. R.I.P Winter.
Tomo-chan has already been fully produced, so there's no need to fear about that anime having delays.
Feb 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Mar 2013
Even my Maple gets postponed... No!!!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 14, 2023 7:17 AM

May 2012
Don't care

Season 2 is not as good as season 1
Feb 14, 2023 3:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think companies should consider very seriously, NOW, if they have stuff ready in time for next season or not... it is better to delay everything once and they deliver with consistency than keep this BS of delayings when ahead of time they know they wont be able to keep up.
TsukuyomiREKT said:
This season of anime has really turned into a shit show lol.
When you follow airings this is what happens, binging is way more enjoyable.
Sadely I started to watch Isekai Ojii-san a few weeks ago, thinking the last episode would soon be out, it just kills the mood to have to wait so long.
Feb 14, 2023 8:06 PM

Mar 2021
As much as it seems like an inconvenience for those who like watching weekly seasonal Anime when something like this happens, I think fans are a bit over reacting in this situation. Something being delayed for only a few weeks is not the end of the world. This situation could have been a lot worse and been delayed indefinitely without any info on when to expect production to continue.

Just be glad that "BOFURI" isn't being postponed due to death of someone essential to it's production like what happened with "Golden Kamuy". As far as I know "Golden Kamuy" has been postponed indefinitely until further notice which there hasn't been any news about that franchise since they announced it being delayed last year in early November.
Feb 15, 2023 6:14 AM

Oct 2017
I just hope they get to air episode 11,12 this season.

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
35 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

16 by Yubisoft »»
3 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by notPara »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
Yesterday, 1:03 AM

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - May 7

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
May 7, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.