3It was OK
7.8%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
0.5%
Average 4.5
192 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2010 6:20 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well... the begining was to sad, but I really was disapointed, Yuuko's dead was too fast and they explain a little about it.

They dont explain about why Maru and Moro are still in the shop.

About the rest all was good, too slow, but the story was great, specialy the end.
May 19, 2010 12:13 PM

Mar 2010
Himawari married.О_О Her a curse
May 20, 2010 7:54 AM

Jan 2010
minimiau said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well... the begining was to sad, but I really was disapointed, Yuuko's dead was too fast and they explain a little about it.

They dont explain about why Maru and Moro are still in the shop.

About the rest all was good, too slow, but the story was great, specialy the end.

Her death wasn't fast, it was unexpected. She did say that she is a being that is not supposed to exist, and that her stopped time has started to move all because Watanuki decided. She does come back in the end anyway :)

I wonder who Himawari married...

BTW, does anybody know when next OVA is scheduled to be released?
May 22, 2010 7:14 AM

Dec 2008
i didn't understand, is yuuko really back or was a short message from her just a payment ?

but it was nice to see watanuki again ))
May 23, 2010 5:23 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
This was weird episode -_- kinda like totaly other anime -_-
May 23, 2010 8:15 AM

May 2009
Since I read the Tsubasa manga, I wasn't confused about Yuko's death, but everything else was strange. I didn't really get the whole story, especially not the end. It propably didn't help that the sub used a really bad english, and there were many lines that I couldn't understand.

Still, it was good to see xxxHolic again, and it reminded me that I should read the manga too.
May 23, 2010 11:23 AM

Jul 2007
viral_hun said:
Since I read the Tsubasa manga, I wasn't confused about Yuko's death, but everything else was strange. I didn't really get the whole story, especially not the end. It propably didn't help that the sub used a really bad english, and there were many lines that I couldn't understand.

Still, it was good to see xxxHolic again, and it reminded me that I should read the manga too.

This :/ Im confused but oh well. Lets wait the ova.
May 23, 2010 12:40 PM

May 2007
@Cloudy-Sky - xxxHoLic Rou is only 1 episode and its been subbed in English by a Russian fansub group and so its probably why its better to wait for a proper English fansub group to pick this and sub it, which will most definitely happened.

I was about to watch it but since the comments indicate the subbing is not too great, I will hold back for now.

I know that Yuko is dead already from the manga but seeing it animated will be truly sad.......definitely one of my favourite characters from the CLAMP world. ;)
May 23, 2010 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
Have no problems reading Russian subs, good OVA. 5/5
May 23, 2010 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
Clamp is notorious for producing anime that you won't fully enjoy if you don't read the manga. Well, in this case, it's only the death of Yuko, but yeah.

I really wanted a little more interaction... somehow with the bandaged girl since she was so beautiful, but oh well. The OVA was quite soothing in a way and those ending words were like music to the ears. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2010 9:55 PM

Mar 2009
After watching the subs, I can tell you that the anime is much better if you don't know what is being said. Maybe if they released more than 40 minutes of anime a year for xxxholic, I would think more of it these days. Just my sarcastic 2 cents.
May 24, 2010 2:16 AM

Feb 2010
Soooooo
Is Yuuko really back or did Izuna just fake Yuuko's voice as payment for granting her(Izuna's) wish?
oifxae.jpg
May 24, 2010 3:01 AM
May 2010
If you watch carefully, Domeki said that when she have the camera it disappear and come back short after. By my guess it may send to spiritual world of something.

Btw, see look a bit like Yuko somehow but younger.

Yuko dead isn't fast but for anime, yeah!! it sure does.

I hope this xxxHolic go on for a long time coz I love this series. TRC is great too. Nowadays there only too love and harem seires
boeonozMay 24, 2010 4:35 AM
May 24, 2010 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
I thought that she just took the camera to say those "I'm back" and returned it so Doumeki won't hear it.
oifxae.jpg
May 26, 2010 4:13 AM

Jan 2009
I dont understand this ova ><
May 26, 2010 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
Several things need explaining... It felt like the end to xxxHoLiC, even though it was an original animation, not to mention there's another OVA coming out? I guess they did this because they're still deciding how to end the manga properly. Any man that can marry Himawari must be truly amazing, or one hell of a demon. We probably will never know...
May 27, 2010 1:57 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't really understand what happened :/
May 27, 2010 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
Same here. :V
May 27, 2010 7:13 AM

Feb 2010
Well, that savage girl is possesed by this spirit called Zuwhatever
and this Zuwhatever spirit talks to the camera and asks Watanuki to assist her in taking over completely, and she states "The compensation will be repaid through this girl's mouth"
So when Watanuki helps the girl, she takes the camera and pays the "compensation" she stated earlier
Now I'm unsure about this but
Either she used Yuuko's voice
Or she had Yuuko herself say it through that girl
Or Yuuko returned.
oifxae.jpg
May 27, 2010 8:49 AM
Nov 2008
Ok, so what manga chapters do I need to read to fill in the gap between the end of Shunmuki and the beginning of Rou? This OVA was too good to pass up those details XD
May 27, 2010 9:22 AM

Jun 2008
What Thalandor46 said.

Most of it I can guess at, but there are so many questions.

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
May 28, 2010 8:52 AM

Aug 2007
Oh my. Kohane time skip is even more love since she is now animated. :D

I have to go with what ReaperEXE said. The OVA went with the route of the first TV series xxxHolic went with. It was being episodic from some parts of the manga with original material again. They are parts that were in the manga, but some things are different. I don't remember Himawara being married. It looks like they were trying to come to a conclusion for the series and with the next OVA being a short it seems possible.Though I seriously hope its not the case, since I want more xxxHolic.
May 28, 2010 11:23 PM
Jun 2009
I hope it's not 'The End'...

I loved it, though. The atmosphere was perfect. Did you noticed that in the whole episode we don't, not even once, leave Yuuko's (or now Watanuki's) shop? Watanuki communicates with the outside world through a phone, amateur movies made by Doumeki, his friend's stories. Everyone else has moved on, Doumeki is university teacher, Kohane is a student there, Himawari is married... But in the shop time has stopped, nothing changed. Maru, Moro and Mokona are still there, Doumeki's behaviour didn't improve at all. Thrugh the entire episode I was clearly feeling Watanuki's uneasiness and sadness. And his wish for all it to end, for Yuuko to return, for him to at least be able to go out. Just for the atmosphere I'll give this OVA 10/10.

Did anyone beside me noticed that?

And oh, it was short and left behind many questions. This what makes it mysterious but a bit unclear too. I wish there would be more of Watanuki's involvment in the case as well. Even if he can't leave the shop, he has powers. There weren't any "dreams" in the episode. I understand it's short but I missed that.
May 28, 2010 11:40 PM

Feb 2008
dammit I need more xxxholic, and where's my yuko? She said she's back but iwe didn't see her :(
May 29, 2010 12:15 AM

Sep 2009
This was ok. I kinda wish Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHolic were remade to cover everything from the manga (kinda like with FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I think the anime should make complete sense for people who haven't read the manga, which includes me. I might read the manga one day though....for xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles.
May 29, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
arienrhod said:
I hope it's not 'The End'...

I loved it, though. The atmosphere was perfect. Did you noticed that in the whole episode we don't, not even once, leave Yuuko's (or now Watanuki's) shop? Watanuki communicates with the outside world through a phone, amateur movies made by Doumeki, his friend's stories. Everyone else has moved on, Doumeki is university teacher, Kohane is a student there, Himawari is married... But in the shop time has stopped, nothing changed. Maru, Moro and Mokona are still there, Doumeki's behaviour didn't improve at all. Thrugh the entire episode I was clearly feeling Watanuki's uneasiness and sadness. And his wish for all it to end, for Yuuko to return, for him to at least be able to go out. Just for the atmosphere I'll give this OVA 10/10.

Did anyone beside me noticed that?

And oh, it was short and left behind many questions. This what makes it mysterious but a bit unclear too. I wish there would be more of Watanuki's involvment in the case as well. Even if he can't leave the shop, he has powers. There weren't any "dreams" in the episode. I understand it's short but I missed that.

http://myanimelist.net/character/235/Kimihiro_Watanuki

"After Yūko's death, Watanuki resolves to stay and care for the shop until he sees her again. In order to both stabilize the shop and break free of Fei Wong Reed's trap with Syaoran, Watanuki offers up the remainder of his 'existence'. As a result, Watanuki can no longer age nor leave the shop. He becomes the new master of the shop and takes up Yūko's role of granting wishes to those who come to the shop."
oifxae.jpg
May 29, 2010 1:27 PM

Feb 2008
for a second there, maybe i thought she had come back as that fox but that might not be it. or maybe it is that girl that is reincarnated. this ova just added far more questions.
May 29, 2010 1:30 PM

Dec 2007
Even though I barely watched and read xxxHolic before I enjoyed this OVA very much.
May 29, 2010 7:05 PM

Oct 2009
Watanuki=crossdressing pedobear especially the part when he woke up with maru and moro i mean seriously watanuki how can u have fell down to such a low level in like 5 years jk

btw it was a great ova better than shunmuki imo
May 30, 2010 3:53 AM

Feb 2010
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Watanuki=crossdressing pedobear especially the part when he woke up with maru and moro i mean seriously watanuki how can u have fell down to such a low level in like 5 years jk

btw it was a great ova better than shunmuki imo

10 years*
oifxae.jpg
May 30, 2010 9:16 AM

Sep 2008
wow stop with the spoilers xD,
just watched the OVA and was fascinated, must start to read the manga to fill in the missing parts and I'm doing it right now ^^
May 30, 2010 12:16 PM

Nov 2008
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.
May 30, 2010 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
unclesnapple said:
emashu said:

Or Yuuko returned.

So basically nobody knows.

Super. Thanks for nothing, CLAMP.

XD
Just believe whichever choice is most comfortable for you or most reasonable.
Mine would be that Yuuko's actually back, because otherwise she wouldn't say "I'm back", instead she would say "Hi Watanuki" or something of that manner :o
oifxae.jpg
May 30, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I loved seeing Watanuki/Doumeki interactions again. I understood the story, but not really the context...but emashu's post cleared that up.
May 31, 2010 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
That was amazing, 9/10. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Am I the only one that didn't find it hard to understand at all? Maybe I overlooked something, I'm not sure but I think for any manga reader it was pretty easy to follow.
May 31, 2010 9:23 AM

Feb 2009
Watanuki looks good ;d

saxophone15 said:
I kinda wish Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHolic were remade to cover everything from the manga (kinda like with FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I think the anime should make complete sense for people who haven't read the manga, which includes me.

That would be paradise.

I haven't read the manga and this ova lefts so many things unsaid (just like Tubasa did). Though, it was so good it made me want to read it right this moment. And that's what I'm going to do.
May 31, 2010 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
what the hell did I just watch....im so confused now...and the changes from the manga are seriously out there now...oh well, in the end it wasnt bad. But Himawari married was bullshit
Jun 1, 2010 4:52 AM

Feb 2008
game8910 said:
But Himawari married was bullshit
I'm way too happy with this change from the manga.
Jun 2, 2010 10:38 AM
Jun 2010
Himawari married was foolishness.....Im disappointed. Watanuki too. She's such a bad girl! Stupid!!! Tsutomu Mizushima, Nanase Ohkawa are blockheads!
Jun 2, 2010 8:24 PM

Mar 2009
"But if a strong wish could grant a dream, then I would want to meet with Yuuko one more time, I'll be waiting in the store until that happens."

That is why he was bound to the shop and could not leave, he was waiting for her to return one last time, as part of his wish. Her wish for him to keep on living is now in limbo, until we get another ova.
Jun 3, 2010 2:16 PM

Apr 2009
I like how the beginning is a downer and the ending is really uplifting.
Jun 9, 2010 7:45 AM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
game8910 said:
But Himawari married was bullshit
I'm way too happy with this change from the manga.

It is not really a change from the manga...
The Manga currently plays 4 years after Yuuko is gone... the OVA on the hand plays 10 years after that...
Jun 10, 2010 11:45 AM

Dec 2007
It's really too bad that the entire xxxHolic series has been so chopped up, it's been difficult to follow the various jumps and crossovers. Tsubasa Chronicles as well was very sporatic...but now that i've seen all of it and read the Wiki, i have a better understanding of what's going on.

Yukou's existence was "suspended" and she had to live in that separate dimension (the shop) that was created by Reed Clow, and i guess having her "die" was the way to get Watanuki take her place which we all knew was going to happen the minute she started "grooming" him to take her place in the very first xxxHolic series. Still after seeing this episode i felt her "come back" was a bit awkward how they revealed it with Yuko talking through the girl...i thought they could have made this a lot more creative and interesting...i didn't feel Rou was up to par with other OVA's. At the end that Sakura tree they showed looks like the one in his dream in xxxholic Shunmaki. I'm guessing Yuko didn't actually reincarnate as that girl right? She was just using her to talk to Watanaki??

Also, if she reincarnates does that mean that Fei Wong Reed was ultimately defeated and all the struggles of Sakura and Syaoran in Tsubasa have been resolved?

P.S. we need an xxxholic pre-quel that is about Yuko.
AutoKorrectJun 10, 2010 11:51 AM
Jun 14, 2010 3:25 PM

Apr 2010
Wow! It has been ages since I watched xxxHolic! I don't know what happened in the manga, but I really liked this OVA! Much better than the previous stuff! 9/10

I kind of figured out that this girl would have something to do with Yuuko. I hope they'll make more stuff because I'm too lazy to read the manga. And if I actually decide to do so, I'd have to force myself to start from the very beginning.. /OCD
And Watanuki became pretty hot. Probably because of the better art style, but still.. :$

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 16, 2010 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
It was a great OVA. I gave it an 8/10 because I wanted to see animated the moment of his decision. I guess that really isn't part of Rou but still...

Also, I went kya
Jun 17, 2010 6:02 PM

Feb 2009
Older Doumeki is super handsome, really serious Watanuki is kinda sad I do like when he's flailing around *smile* his new character kinda makes me sad.

What a surprise I didn't know that Himawari got married
Jun 18, 2010 12:08 AM
Jan 2010
Watanuki is sooo serious!!!kinda weird watching him like that since he's so always soo clumsy and always yell at Doumeki.Overall anime is ok but there some part which are confusing for me,like are yuku dead or alive and what really happened that make her dissapear.But enjoyed it anyway =))
Jun 23, 2010 1:19 AM
May 2010
haven't seen this yet, but i'm guessing it follows the events after the end of tsubasa and watanuki becoming the new shop owner like in the manga.
btw has anyone else noticed how watanuki is looking more and more like clow reed?
Jun 23, 2010 1:37 AM
Jun 2010
I REALLY ENJOYED THE OVA.

+1 FOR WATANUKI MAN-BOOB AND OVERALL FAN SERVICE

-1 FOR NO WATANUKI ARM FLAILING OR HIS USUAL CRAZINESS

HMMMM. NEEDS MOAR DOUMEKI.

Jun 23, 2010 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
Well, sooner or later watanuki was going to take over the job on the store...

At least himawari is married and out of their way... we can hope that watanuki ends with zashiki warashi!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about XxxHOLiC: Rou Episode 1

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:29 PM

» Did the Anime adapt all the manga?

MoonPhos - Aug 10, 2019

6 by MoonPhos »»
Aug 7, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 11, 2011

92 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Oct 25, 2022 2:00 PM

» Watanuki in blood-c the last dark (2012) movie

14theparadox - Feb 11, 2018

1 by nahnah07 »»
May 19, 2019 5:10 AM

» Episode 2?

AkkarinKHR - Sep 6, 2010

6 by tsubasalover »»
Nov 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.