Forum Settings
Forums

What's your limit of number of shows that you watch?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2022 8:55 AM

Aug 2022
1 at a time, and only finished. I prefer immersion and attention to detail diving into the story.
If you watch multiple things week to week, maybe not the main plot, but details and some nuance get lost.
Also the mood gets lost, like an emotional scene driving the episode, a week later it will fall flat. Especially mixed up with multiple different shows at once.

But not every show is like that, some are basically good as "stand alone", episode to episode.
South Park for example, I can just continue watching at any time, at any episode.
Or anthology type show, like Love, Death & Robots.
Oct 5, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2021
The limit for seasonal shit is ZERO, unless it's mecha.
No, seriously, I simply don't care about seasonal watching since I find it a very bad way to follow anime. Nor do I care about the popular discourse going on about seasonal anime, and I think I've been pretty obvious about that multiple times by now.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Oct 5, 2022 11:46 AM

Aug 2020
Depends on how you define "at once". Even with seasonals, I don't actually watch them every week, I just watch new episodes when I'm in the mood for it.
As to an upper limit...I don't think there is one? Between anime, manga, webtoons, life-action, books, games, fanfic, etc. I'd say I'm actively following about 300 different ongoing works right now? Though due to the sheer volume and it depending on my mood, that means I usually check in like once or twice a year and just read/watch all new stuff that has come out since the last time at once (or as much as I'm in the mood for).

I don't struggle to keep any of the plots straight, because if I'm invested, I don't forget fiction easily. I do struggle with names though if they are Chinese or Korean, so for works from those languages, I make character notes that explain who was who for the next time I watch.

An example:

As for regular Japanese and Western stuff - I can generally just jump straight back in where I left off, though sometimes I may skim through the previous episode or chapter a bit if it's been extra long since the last time. Like, two or three years.
Oct 5, 2022 12:00 PM
Jul 2020
I try to commit myself to 3 brand new series per season. This may not be so possible this fall.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 44 minutes ago

16 by Nirinbo »»
17 seconds ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Yesterday

26 by Lucifrost »»
10 minutes ago

» Does femdom ruin romance anime for you?

Sanjay63773 - 6 hours ago

28 by KittenCuddler »»
11 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

43 by APolygons2 »»
48 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

81 by MichaelJackson »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.