Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2022 8:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So the princess sold the entire kingdom to gain immortality and live forever with Climb? That's extremely sick, especially for Climb that is the victim in the end...
Anyway now the entire Kingdom is destroyed and nobody won't even try anything against Ainz lol, I can't believe this season is already over, that was perfect, at least there's the movie next, I can't wait!
Sep 27, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2020
F9s said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
annoyed that they didnt leave any cliffhanger for the movie or something to be hype for the sequel

Well tbf, the movie will adapt content that is between episodes 8-9 iirc so it wouldn't make sense to leave a cliffhanger for something that already happened quite a bit ago.

but mal label it as sequel tho?
im so confused haha
Sep 27, 2022 8:42 AM

Sep 2007
Completely thrown by the insert song and the flashbacks were unnecessary but I think they just wanted to highlight how much of a sociopath and how intelligent Renner was. According to Maruyama, she's ranked the highest of all humans in the novels

Sep 27, 2022 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
A good finale but the same "we need more" type of finale and Almost all of us have somewhat gotten used to it..

That Renner scene lmao.. God she turned out psycho.. I love that Albedo actually acknowledges her since she too loves someone to the death..

Les gooo to the next movie and then the final season!
Sep 27, 2022 8:45 AM
Mar 2018
Natsude_tanaka said:
F9s said:

Well tbf, the movie will adapt content that is between episodes 8-9 iirc so it wouldn't make sense to leave a cliffhanger for something that already happened quite a bit ago.

im so confused haha

Well thats MAL's fault then lol. Though looking back, it can be confusing where to put it on MAL. Even though the movie is a prequel, its not a prequel to the whole season so it won't make sense to label it as a prequel to S4. At the same time, its not a sequel either so there's some confusion there.
Sep 27, 2022 8:47 AM

May 2020
F9s said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

im so confused haha

Well thats MAL's fault then lol. Though looking back, it can be confusing where to put it on MAL. Even though the movie is a prequel, its not a prequel to the whole season so it won't make sense to label it as a prequel to S4. At the same time, its not a sequel either so there's some confusion there.

hahahah u not helping me here but sure ill take ur word then
Sep 27, 2022 8:50 AM
Nov 2018
Haunting and beautiful. Really well executed. Could have concentrated a bit more on the destruction part, but overall it was a really good Episode
Sep 27, 2022 8:52 AM
Mar 2018
Natsude_tanaka said:
F9s said:

hahahah u not helping me here but sure ill take ur word then

Just to reiterate what I said in case there's even more confusion, basically this season skipped two whole volumes (volumes 12-13), in which the content takes place between episodes 7-9. Instead, we jumped straight to volume 14, which is the rest of this season. The movie however, will cover those skipped volumes. Hopefully its clear now (or if you knew this already then sorry) but yeah, the MAL situation is confusing due to the way this season was adapted.
Sep 27, 2022 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
So...all of that happened. Basically my only reaction to this season. I'll miss that ED though.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 27, 2022 8:54 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good season, much better animations than 3s, dont think ive noticed any ugly cgi this season at all. More intetesting story than s3 aswell

Solid 7/10

Sep 27, 2022 8:55 AM
Oct 2021
Simply amazing. Yes they of course skipped quite a lot of details in the anime compared to the LN but all in all it was just phenomenal. Even without the LN experience and knowledge you can absolutely love this season.
Amazing ending as well. Episode 13 felt just right. Also a nice nod to the upcoming movie of volume 12 and 13 with Demiurge at the end there.
10/10 For me. Did everything I was hoping it would.
Sep 27, 2022 8:56 AM
Oct 2021
A_NikET said:
is this the last episode ? how many episodes is this season going to be, I Haven't started the season, I am going to binge. But i saw the first episode because I was hyped !

13 episodes and this was the last one! 100% amazing if you can binge this season.
Sep 27, 2022 8:58 AM

May 2021
So basically even though it's a season finale Madhouse pulled same trick on us as they did in S3 finale with bunch of shortcuts and off-screen things happening. Many say it's satisfying way to end the season but I disagree. It felt rushed and unfinished. Flashbacks were also unnecessary and especially that singing part.

Overall I feel quality has been dropping slightly from season to season. This time they didn't even animate kingdom falling. All we got was a slideshow and that's it. Supposedly there was a huge army there defending the city and its population. In reality we saw 10 humans.

Also I wish they handled princess part a bit differently. Overall whole season was fine but noticeably poorer in quality compared to previous ones.
Sep 27, 2022 8:59 AM
Oct 2019
Poor Climb...

I didn't expect to become musical, what am i watching? Disney? lol

There is a lot things happen in this Season.
Really enjoyed the world building of Overlord.
Madhouse has improved from previous season.
Probably the best Season of Overload so far.
8/10

Can't wait for the Movie.
Sep 27, 2022 9:05 AM
Apr 2013
It was pretty uneventful , there was lack of closure for the season .
Sep 27, 2022 9:05 AM
Sep 2021
Great season felt like the last few episodes was rushed, but overall I enjoyed it all. can't wait for the next season.
Sep 27, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2016
Just watched it with my non LN reader partner and its fun to see how shocked he was about how things went on.

For me the flashbacks were okay specially for non LN readers cuz it gave them the 'so thats her plan all along' (as expressed by my partner lol).
Sep 27, 2022 9:06 AM
May 2021
Princess Renner the most dangerous Yandere i have ever seen. 10/10 Anime 🔥🔥🔥
Sep 27, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2018
Why they gotta do this to Climb.

Sep 27, 2022 9:09 AM
Mar 2019
People shall respect the great power of Ainz Oal Gown forever
Sep 27, 2022 9:12 AM

Aug 2020
the witch of the falling kingdom is one of my fav. chapters and that was an outstanding adaptation. well done.
Sep 27, 2022 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
Lol, if Climb knew... Yandere Renner is the type of Disney princess I dig and Albedo was insanely based as always.

7/10

The most enjoyable Overlord season so far

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 27, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
Poor Climb... Jk, lmao.

The moral of the story is: DON'T SIMP.
Sep 27, 2022 9:25 AM

Nov 2014
Renner looks even better now! I really like her, hopefully she plays some role later in the story.
Sep 27, 2022 9:26 AM
Aug 2015
I might be stupid, but I still don't understand what Renner tries to achieve, is her goal suppose to be clear or will be explained later?
I know she sold the kingdom for that, but what is it exactly? Immortality? Living with Climb for thousands of years? Did she ask to become a demon for that reason?
I assume so,
or else why would she go through all that trouble? Climb is already faithful to her. We know she is obsessed with him, but there got be a different reason, she already had him. She doesn't need to become a demon or something for this reason. Ains can make Climb whatever she wants,..
Were the cube she earned explained before? Or it is something we will know in the future? I think she can potentially betray Nazarick as well.

Sep 27, 2022 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
And so the kingdom falls, Renner gets what she wants, and we end this 4th season.

Anime-only here, feel like I should note that. There was something of a disconnect between me and Overlord this season. Certain events seemed rushed, giving me the feeling that I might have missed something. I'm not sure why. Could it be that I forgot too much that happened in the long wait between seasons? I read that apparently there were movies that had canon material in them but dunno if that's true or not. If it is that might be it as I never bothered with any of the movies. But for whatever reason often during this season I got the impression that things were moving rather fast. I think I enjoyed the world building section with the dwarves best of the material for this season. I get that Overlord is going for grimdark and whatnot, but honestly the whole fall of the kingdom didn't give me much happiness, mostly I just felt sad. Kinda like in the previous season where they bother to build up that one girl(I think?) to invade Nazarick for her little siblings and kill her off and then show the sibling waiting for her, unaware she'll never return. That's not enjoyable to me, just sad lol. I get it though, that's what Overlord's going for. Maybe I'm just too big a softie. On the whole I still enjoyed this season enough for a 7/10 but I feel like my desire to continue the series is waning a bit. I'd have to go back and check, but feel like I've given previous seasons higher scores. I certainly would still watch a Season V if it came, but I'm more than happy to finish my time with the story here too. Eh.
Sep 27, 2022 9:32 AM

Oct 2016
"And the end begins."
Sep 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Sep 2022
orzel286 said:
Poor Climb... Jk, lmao.

The moral of the story is: DON'T SIMP.

Why ? The dude litteraly gained immortality, and an eternity to bang that sweet impussy, that's a freaking great win in my book !
Sep 27, 2022 9:33 AM
Apr 2021
I’m about to watch episode 13 right now, but just thought the way they setting this “massacre” of the royal capital up is like they daring us to believe they wont kill everyone there.
Sep 27, 2022 9:34 AM
Sep 2022
just watched overlord season 4 finale.......it was quite good but I think previous seasons were better.....I kinda expected some badass fight scenes like between cocytus and brain inglaus but then there was never a comparison between the two.....also no sebas action or moments and the mid season was a stretch like wasting times in dwarf kingdom etc.......and momon adventures were also missing....perhaps overall it was good ❤️
Sep 27, 2022 9:34 AM
Mar 2018
DoubleR said:
I might be stupid, but I still don't understand what Renner tries to achieve, is her goal suppose to be clear or will be explained later?
I know she sold the kingdom for that, but what is it exactly? Immortality? Living with Climb for thousands of years? Did she ask to become a demon for that reason?
I assume so,
or else why would she go through all that trouble? Climb is already faithful to her. We know she is obsessed with him, but there got be a different reason, she already had him. She doesn't need to become a demon or something for this reason. Ains can make Climb whatever she wants,..
Were the cube she earned explained before? Or it is something we will know in the future? I think she can potentially betray Nazarick as well.

You are right on the money for Renner's goal. All she desires is simply an eternity with Climb and she would do anything for it. In the end, she got what she wanted as being a demon grants immortality.
Sep 27, 2022 9:35 AM
Mar 2022
Damn, an episode full of suprises and "Lack of sanity" damn... I loved and can't wait for more of the episodes!!! Also... demon princess?! holy jesus!
Sep 27, 2022 9:36 AM

Jul 2009
EffulgentBeryl said:

Why ? The dude litteraly gained immortality, and an eternity to bang that sweet impussy, that's a freaking great win in my book !

Fair point XDD

So, uh, simp for super intelligent yandere princesses?
Sep 27, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2018
animefan8800 said:
And so the kingdom falls, Renner gets what she wants, and we end this 4th season.

Anime-only here, feel like I should note that. There was something of a disconnect between me and Overlord this season. Certain events seemed rushed, giving me the feeling that I might have missed something. I'm not sure why. Could it be that I forgot too much that happened in the long wait between seasons? I read that apparently there were movies that had canon material in them but dunno if that's true or not. If it is that might be it as I never bothered with any of the movies. But for whatever reason often during this season I got the impression that things were moving rather fast. I think I enjoyed the world building section with the dwarves best of the material for this season. I get that Overlord is going for grimdark and whatnot, but honestly the whole fall of the kingdom didn't give me much happiness, mostly I just felt sad. Kinda like in the previous season where they bother to build up that one girl(I think?) to invade Nazarick for her little siblings and kill her off and then show the sibling waiting for her, unaware she'll never return. That's not enjoyable to me, just sad lol. I get it though, that's what Overlord's going for. Maybe I'm just too big a softie. On the whole I still enjoyed this season enough for a 7/10 but I feel like my desire to continue the series is waning a bit. I'd have to go back and check, but feel like I've given previous seasons higher scores. I certainly would still watch a Season V if it came, but I'm more than happy to finish my time with the story here too. Eh.

I think you aren't supposed to feel immense joy at what happened (though again entertainment is subjective so for me and the fans of the series, its something we enjoy watching).

I think its best to think of this as a tragedy. We as the viewers are witnessing the fall of a kingdom at the hands of an evil Overlord and a twisted princess willing to sell out her kingdom in order to be with her 'prince' forever. Its not a joyous event and I think its understandable that you would be sad at what was happening
Sep 27, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 2022
Eren_TR_UwU said:
Damn, an episode full of suprises and "Lack of sanity" damn... I loved and can't wait for more of the episodes!!! Also... demon princess?! holy jesus!

and yeah the episodes name was the witch of fallen Kingdom.......it should have been the demon princess rener
Sep 27, 2022 9:40 AM
Jul 2021
billybub said:
So was the musical number really necessary? Other than that a good end to the season

yeah definitely felt out of place, i liked it though because to me it just honed in how bad shit crazy Renner is
Sep 27, 2022 9:40 AM
Sep 2022
Loki512 said:
It was pretty uneventful , there was lack of closure for the season .

yeah I agree especially the destruction scene was missing completely
Sep 27, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2021
RedCobra75 said:
the flash back really really unnecesary.

i felt so too, it was obvious Renner had been helping all along
Sep 27, 2022 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
You no longer need to sacrifice for your people. You no longer need to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.

This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order that will shake the very foundations of the world.

Sep 27, 2022 9:44 AM
Jun 2022
Probably the best season out of the 4. With animation being better than the previous seasons. But of course the season was rushed, Madhouse probably did not have enough resources to make the season to be 24 eps or more as they need to animate the movie as well. Really enjoyed the last ep. Climb's last stand was quite impressive as he did not fear Ainz. I was quite surprised by the fact that 90% of the plan that was used to destroy the Re-Estize kingdom was suggested by Renner. 8/10 easily as the season was definitely rushed and the animation was not that impressive.
Sep 27, 2022 9:45 AM
Feb 2019
RedCobra75 said:
the flash back really really unnecesary.

I don't think so, it gave sense.

I have read the LN and I have seen the anime, it wasn't in the LN, but it gave sense to Renner's plot. She is the Witch of the Fallen Kingdom, she is (in words of Albedo) the one who did the whole plan (90% of it, okay) to conquer Re:Estize. Everything she did, now it makes sense. She gave Demiurge the location of the castle, she made Climb not changing the colour of his armour not to get involve in the fight, she did the plan to create chaos in the kingdom so Ains could get involve as the one who save Re:Estize, everything, she gave the kids poison so that would make her an imp.

Truly the most brilliant human in the new world.
Sep 27, 2022 9:45 AM

Jan 2022
This episode is quite entertaining and also a bit boring especially in the part of Renner singing and useless flashbacks. Then I'm very disappointed that there is no small moment about the movie, it's really very disappointing in this part.

I'm glad this is the end of the story about Ainz dealing with the kingdom. If this anime gets a new season then I'd love to see something new.

And one more thing I hope if Movie Overlord comes out it won't be boring.

8/10
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Sep 27, 2022 9:47 AM
Jun 2020
pretty good, time to wait for a few more years i guess
Sep 27, 2022 9:50 AM
Dec 2015
Climb is a top tier simp
Sep 27, 2022 9:53 AM

May 2015
Holy damn I didn't expect them to spend so much time on Renner and Climb. I was already spoiled on the fact that Renner had betrayed the kingdom since season 1 and that she later becomes a demon but seeing her dance around like that was pretty amusing and horrifying. It really goes to show how evil she is when she's like "I got what I wanted only by sacrificing one kingdom".

Her demon style looks nice. I've seen a few artists draw it but seeing it in the anime it really suits her. Its just comedic how she was this angelic saint princess who was actually the biggest demon of them all.

Watching the event play out I couldn't help but grin the entire time cause Climb was the only one in the dark and Renner even announced waaay back in season 1 her intentions. To have climb killed and resurrected with little life force and for her to nurse him. (Outcome changed since she got the better offer of them both becoming demons)

When you have the knowlegde that she's already betrayed them its so obvious what Renner was doing when she was leading the king away with a sword in her hand. I'm surprised it was that box she had which turned her into a demon. I thought that was some sort of Pandora's box where if she opened it a swarm of demons would appear.

Well Climb is very lucky to have a beautiful demon girl like Renner forever with him. Its funny how the first thing Renner thinks of is spending their first night together. Ultimate yandere. She's such a unique character though I love her. Renner is now one of my top 3 favourite Overlord characters. And just think, she did all of this at the age of 16. Damn lol.

Its interesting that they ended season 4 on this. Its why I didn't expect them to focus so much on Renner. It'd be great if we see her more in the future but she'll probably just be delegated to background character with the rare appearance. I have such mixed feelings after finishing this episode like "Should I be happy? Should I be horrified?" and I feel both at the same time lol. Its just that comparison I saw of the disney princess and the more I think about it the more twisted it is. Really goes to show how Overlord twists the norm.

Edit: Oh wow, someone mentioned the name of the episode and I double checked and wow. "The Witch of the Fallen Kingdom" what a fitting title. Remember seeing that as one of her titles on the wiki. Also wiki be like "Hobby: Having XXX with Climb" well.........................I see. LMAO
DarknessRealitySep 27, 2022 10:31 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 27, 2022 9:57 AM

Oct 2011
princess Renner became a Disney princess with that song
Sep 27, 2022 9:58 AM
Jun 2020
10/10 demon princess hell yeah that was such a good reveal. I wonder if like overlord is gonna build a court since he already has maids and floor bosses acting like generals. a "royal court" made of monsterized new worlders would be so cool!

why why only 13 episodes i want 1000! plz plz support this show. hype it up and share it with others to support I need need need more.
Sep 27, 2022 10:00 AM
Apr 2022
What a mixed bag.
Some really beautiful stuff. The elf twins, Renner's little dance.
A lot of meh, however. The ending is just a big cliffhanger, which sucks, and I was disappointed about the cube.
In all, a poor end to an otherwise good season with a few flashes of brilliance to make you think it was better.
Sep 27, 2022 10:01 AM
Mar 2022
Ayush0408 said:
Eren_TR_UwU said:

and yeah the episodes name was the witch of fallen Kingdom.......it should have been the demon princess rener

Thank you for the info. so, when should i start to read LN now?
Sep 27, 2022 10:04 AM
Jun 2022
The Disney princess singing instead of showing her slaughtering her father was top notch lolol
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

151 by Zedz_c »»
May 3, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

244 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

295 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

321 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2022

271 by sharosharo »»
Apr 24, 3:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.