Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2022 5:01 AM

May 2020
Typical final battle trope. It was pretty obvious how it was gonna go. The next episode is gonna be the end. Final episode probably will touch more upon the "timeline rewrite" twist(can't say I particularly dig it) and show the festival and wrap shit up. I don't think it will have anything impressive to change my opinion, to me this was just an all right show.
Sep 23, 2022 5:32 AM

Jun 2016
outstanding move !!

i hope ushio still alive at the end of episode !!!

but we just can wait for last episode !!

Masterpiece ofcourse !!
Sep 23, 2022 6:32 AM
Apr 2022
this ep was worth the wait
Sep 23, 2022 6:33 AM

Jul 2017
The endgame between everyone vs. Shide, it's clear that Shide has already lost his mind, and as the enemy is gaining traction, both Ryuunosuke and Shinpei work together to outwit the head Shadow in both speed and precision. Ultimately, Ryuunosuke is able to fuse himself with Shide, but it ended up being a naught effort with the latter already knowing ahead of time with the loops to relive THAT long until his moment to strike.

Shinpei's saving grace? Everyone's effort thus far in the past 6 months we've been watching this of the many loops, that he finally could land the killing shot on Shide. Everything wasn't meaningless to get them to this point of the massive W. But instead, with Haine's Shadow baby body that transports them back to the time of Hiruko's real-life existence and the whale, Ushio does the one thing to stop the entire Shadow business: erase the whale, which meant that everyone's existence as shadows will also disappear. Ryuunosuke, Hiruko, and even Ushio herself, while Shinpei goes back to Hitogashima.

All these done in 3 days? Yeah...with the many time loops, it's only possible in their world.

But still, the Shonen battle aside, this exhilarating story has lived to tell its tale, and I can only expect for a nice ending.
Sep 23, 2022 6:57 AM
Oct 2021
Soooo, Shide has a fear of missing out
Sep 23, 2022 7:10 AM
Aug 2013
Anyone got a clue what OST song was this episode and 1-2 ago, that had epic and choral vocals music?
Sep 23, 2022 7:12 AM
Apr 2022
tetrix1993 said:
The animation in this episode is kinda lame, but finally everything is over. So chill last episode next week..

Thankfully I'm not the only one who thought that the animation was lame. When I compare this to the manga, I feel like I'm comparing opm s2 to the manga. The manga looks awesome, anime butchers it. Shide was walking like an undead zombie
Sep 23, 2022 7:15 AM
Apr 2022
The animation in this episode completely butchered the manga's version. Other than that, it was an okay episode. 2/5
Sep 23, 2022 7:15 AM
Aug 2021
S-class episode without any doubt
Sep 23, 2022 7:19 AM
Jan 2021
wow just wow. what an episode. cant wait for the last episode.
Sep 23, 2022 7:32 AM

Apr 2015
Expecting series to end after everything seems to be solved

Sep 23, 2022 7:56 AM
Nov 2020
i love the episode and loved the time spending with my girlfriend watching it<3
Sep 23, 2022 8:05 AM
May 2021
man can't wait for the final episode.
Sep 23, 2022 8:34 AM
May 2022
Amazing conclusion
Sep 23, 2022 8:34 AM
Oct 2018
godly episode, definitely anime of the year with that acoustic ed
Sep 23, 2022 8:38 AM
Apr 2020
Truly amazing ep!!!!!!!
Sep 23, 2022 9:10 AM
Mar 2015
Ryo, Ushio, Haine , and Hiruko were able to help Shinpei erase the evil in the world and turn back the clock so that Hiruko never touched the whale Now they can redo things from the beginning
Sep 23, 2022 9:25 AM
Oct 2019
melhor da season disparado
Sep 23, 2022 9:32 AM

Feb 2021
I hope that all mysteries will be solved in the final episode!
Sep 23, 2022 9:35 AM

Apr 2018
I hope that all mysteries will be solved in the final episode!

After that there are a lot of mysteries that are easily solved with a little deduction and logic without the anime giving us the answer.
Sep 23, 2022 9:38 AM

May 2021
Exactly who would this mf speak to about world annihilation if everyone is dead? I was hoping we would receive a backstory of Shide showing us how he came to want to speedrun the game called life to the end.

Sep 23, 2022 9:44 AM

Mar 2012
This anime was really interesting at the beginning, I had my hopes up because it gave the Higurashi and Steins;Gate vibes but turned boring since the past few episodes, it's more of action and less of mystery that will keep you at the edge of your seat. I doubt the final episode will fix anything.
Sep 23, 2022 9:51 AM
Sep 2022
I thought the ending was gonna be :
The whale never discovered, so "Hiruko" never existed, and all of the accidents never happened, such as Ryunosuke's death, Shinpei's Parents Death.

So if Shinpei's Parents are alive Shinpei will never leave the island.

Happily Ever After..
Sep 23, 2022 9:53 AM
Aug 2015
So she brings him all the way to the past, but what was changed this time? why do they ev en loop again instead of just going back to their own world?!
Is it because she erased the whole that shadows no longer exist in the new loop? Then Usihio should be alive as well in the last loop, because the reason she died was because of the shadows killing that little girl.

I'd be honest, this is not satisfying if they loop again because of some bullshit. I'd like to see the conclusion and how it affected their world instead just creating a new world/loop.
Sep 23, 2022 9:55 AM
Oct 2019
amazing episode as usual
Sep 23, 2022 9:57 AM
Jul 2021
Lazuline said:
bruh i almost cried
Lazuline said:
bruh i almost cried
me too the scene with haine and ryuunosuke nearly got me crying. And we can't forget bout ushio
Sep 23, 2022 10:25 AM
Jul 2022
I'm crying so much
Sep 23, 2022 10:29 AM
Sep 2022
Kitoge said:
Well, if Ushio can rewrite events and Haine never became a shadow from the whale...doesn't that technically mean that everyone will be alive and well? Hmm...otherwise, I'm not understanding the significance of erasing the whale if it were a separate timeline or something.

Edit: I gave it some thought and decided this has to be the logical conclusion. It's explained in previous episodes that the timelines branch out when Shinpei time travels and changes the events of the past (a classic time travel theory). If this is the theory that the writer wants to stick with, then there should only be a single timeline that contains the event in which Haine sees the whale. Then a new timeline would branch off since Ushio destroyed the whale. So Ushio can transport Shinpei and others to that new timeline where the whale is already killed.

Ofc, ignoring the domino effect and the usual time paradoxes.

yes I'm predicting that ushio will be alive since the title name for the next episode is "I'm home" and ushio said "come find me" before she disappears, therefore I think that ushio will be welcoming shinpei back and shinpei would be glad and tear up as ushio is confused with why shinpei would cry since shinpei is the only one who remembers what happened and everyone in this timeline won't know what had happened for the past few days. I'm thinking that the last episode will be the one of the best happy ending I'd have seen.
Sep 23, 2022 10:55 AM
Oct 2021
hmmm kinda an unexpected ending. Have to see next week's episode for a proper thought on the climax but so far in recent times this has been one of the best thrilling series I've watched
Sep 23, 2022 11:04 AM
Aug 2018
The best episode by far with so much feelings and amazing animation!
Sep 23, 2022 11:30 AM
Aug 2017
a bit disapointed
Sep 23, 2022 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
Please please please please don't fk up the last episode. Not sure why he's being looped back to where it all began.
Sep 23, 2022 2:25 PM
Sep 2022
all around, such a good ep to conclude what is before the finale
Sep 23, 2022 2:52 PM
Jun 2022
Wow, that was powerful
Sep 23, 2022 3:06 PM
May 2020
Treasuure said:
godavid10 said:
I have no words to describe how wonderful this anime is. It's on the same level as Steins;Gate at least.

Just one more episode for my misfortune. I hope one day this anime gets the reception it deserves.

LOL I’m sorry but this is not on the same level as Steins; Gate. SG had way better and more enjoyable characters and once the chaos started in there it never ended until the finale. 2nd half of SG is absolutely amazing. Render had its ups and downs throughout the entire season and the final fight was cool to watch but the convenience of Ushio moving the gun closer to Shinpei is what makes this a Shonen, whereas SG is not. I have to see how the finale wraps up the story for this but I doubt it’ll be as bittersweet as Steins Gate finale.

Agreed.I'm really liking summertime,but steins;Gate is in another level.Characters like Okabe,Kurisu,Mayuri and Suzuha are much more engaging than Summer time ones,and the plot of Steins;gate is also better constructed.
Sep 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
This show man. This freaking show. Has me crying my eyes out last few eps. I love this show man
Jan 2022
LogosKing said:
you can transcend time, completely rewrite reality, and even kill gods with this power. But you can't just not die???
Ending logic was very mediocre but high animation will overpower this stupid logic for most anime viewers
Sep 2020
best ep, fight scenes, music, animation was beautiful
Sep 23, 2022 3:53 PM
Jan 2022
DoubleR said:
So she brings him all the way to the past, but what was changed this time? why do they ev en loop again instead of just going back to their own world?!
Is it because she erased the whole that shadows no longer exist in the new loop? Then Usihio should be alive as well in the last loop, because the reason she died was because of the shadows killing that little girl.

I'd be honest, this is not satisfying if they loop again because of some bullshit. I'd like to see the conclusion and how it affected their world instead just creating a new world/loop.
Bro the author literally made Ushio God, its nonsense why loopin again when she can do anything at this point😑
Sep 23, 2022 3:57 PM
Jan 2022
Maou_heika said:
This anime was really interesting at the beginning, I had my hopes up because it gave the Higurashi and Steins;Gate vibes but turned boring since the past few episodes, it's more of action and less of mystery that will keep you at the edge of your seat. I doubt the final episode will fix anything.
This is the 100% Gist of Summertime render show.People like us who have already watched brilliant actual mystery and sci fi animes can easily make this exact deduction of Summertime Render.
Sep 23, 2022 4:30 PM
Mar 2021
This episode was amazing!! And thank god that the ending is going good so far, probably this anime will turn my top 1 forever!
Sep 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
I'm just so confused by this.

With Ushio erasing the whale hundreds years ago, that means shadows never existed, which means everyone and their mama is alive. So the MC and the booba girl are on their way to Ushioìs funeral who is not supposed to be dead?

I must be assuming incorrectly here, but still I wish this show did not take this route. The final fight was such a letdown as well (the animation was top tier but regardless) It had all our 'favorite' tropes like buying time (in a place where time does not exist), the villain having a melancholic self reflection mid fight, the MC miraculously dodging the final strike despite being severely injured and missing an arm etc. So yeah I wish they did not enter that shadow realm or whatever it was. Felt like the show lost its sense of danger and urgency that had through its entire run so far.

Still looking forward to the last ep with the hope that some questions gets answered.
Sep 23, 2022 4:45 PM
Sep 2022
Great episode as usual. If I had anything to criticize I’d say I enjoyed the manga more but I guess that’s the limitations of anime. A lot comparisons being made to other shows as if they were dick measuring contests. Just gotta say the 1st half of S:G felt like watching dating simulator in anime form so if your anime needs you to watch through half of it to get good, it’s probably not as great as you think.
Sep 23, 2022 4:53 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Excellent way to close off the time loop.
Sep 23, 2022 6:08 PM

Feb 2019
this episode had some of the best animation all season, it looked incredible. no idea where it's gonna go from here
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Sep 23, 2022 7:11 PM
Sep 2013
Honestly I really liked the first half of this anime, I think the author was writing the script very well, but in this second half it seems to have gone downhill a lot, I was very much in the hype the author was writing congruent scripts and gave congruent answers too but then it seems that he got lost, I was already noticing that there were several holes in the script as the episodes went by but this episode was the nail in the coffin, before continuing I want to say that this anime started 8/10 for me and even so I will keep this note but I was hoping he would reach 9+.
I can cite several inconsistencies in the script such as Ushio Sombra being the traitor, maybe many people simply accepted it but the author indicated/pointed in another direction, it makes no sense for the ushio that appears in the first episode to be Ushio Sombra, since she doesn't there was a necklace and this one in this episode has the necklace, everything indicated it was the real ushio who had found the shinpei at that moment, it seems that the author gave up on this idea in the middle of the story that is, he broke one of the pillars of the anime in each last, we also had haine running away from shinpei ala deus ex-machina when ushio had just died, we had Hizuru talking to Ryuunosuke as she had never used this skill before, she always spoke to him through her cell phone, we had the personality change from Ryuunosuke when he joined shinpei, we had this script hole at the end of this episode with Ushio changing the past but still starting a new loop and it was for everyone Not being alive as soon as haine was eliminated in the past, not to mention that ushio wasn't supposed to stay alive after haine died, there was this stop of several clone shides to exist, the right thing was to have only one shide, and this old shide to exist it doesn't make sense, we also had the return of ushio shadow, although it made sense and the explanation was coherent it's a very easy plot to make, it ended up not giving the weight of ushio's death, there was this necklace stop, as ushio transferred her memory for an object that was not a shadow or a real object being that for a weapon to be used and have infinite bullets it would have to be a shadow weapon, that is, ushio could not make bullets for an original weapon but she you can do this with the necklace.
Man, you can make a book only with inconsistencies in the script of this anime so everything I think this anime turned out well to those expected, so I keep my initial note, it's a shame I had high expectations about this anime, the author was passing all the clues that you could tell what was going to happen but he ended up opting for leaks of coherence making the script kind of shit, that's because I didn't mention the 2 plot twists out of nowhere, one in the festival episode, if I'm not mistaken it's the episode 3 where the shinpei was actually a shadow (which at the time I gladly accepted) but in the second where Mio Sombra had taken the place of tokiko even though the shinpei had told her to protect the real mio and they showed tokiko on the side of the door with my shadow near the car, that was very ugly author.

PT-BR

Sinceramente eu gostei muito da primeira metade desse anime, acho que o autor estava escrevendo o roteiro muito bem,mas nessa segunda metade parece que degringolou muito,eu estava muito no hype o autor estava escrevendo roteiros congruentes e dava respostas congruentes também mas depois parece que ele se perdeu,eu já estava notando que tinha vários furos de roteiro conforme os episódios iam passando mas esse episodio foi o prego no caixão, antes de continuar venho falar que esse anime começou 8/10 pra mim e mesmo assim eu vou manter essa nota mas eu tinha esperança dele alcançar 9+.
Posso citar várias incongruências no roteiro como a Ushio sombra ser a traidora, talvez muitas pessoas tenham simplesmente aceitado mas o autor indicava/apontava para outra direção,não faz sentido a ushio que aparece no primeiro episodio ser a Ushio Sombra, visto que a mesma não tinha colar e essa desse episodio tem o colar, tudo indicava era a ushio verdadeira que tinha encontrado o shinpei naquele momento ,parece que o autor desistiu dessa ideia no meio da historia ou seja ele quebrou um dos pilares do anime na cada dura,tivemos também a haine fugindo do shinpei ala deus ex-machina quando a ushio tinha acabado de morrer, tivemos a Hizuru falando com o Ryuunosuke sendo que ela nunca tinha usado essa habilidade antes, ela sempre falava com ele por meio do celular,tivemos a mudança de personalidade do Ryuunosuke quando ele entrou no shinpei,tivemos esse furo de roteiro no final desse episodio com a Ushio mudando o passado mas mesmo assim recomeçado um novo loop sendo que era pra todo mundo estar vivo assim que a haine fosse eliminada no passado, sem falar que não era para a ushio permanecer viva após a haine ter morrido, teve essa parada de vários shides clones existirem, o certo era ter só um shide,e esse shide velho existir não faz sentido,tevemos também a volta da ushio sombra, embora tenha feito sentido e a explicação tenha sido coerente é um plot muito fácil de fazer, acabou não dando o peso da morte da ushio,teve essa parada do colar,como a ushio transferiu a memória dela para um objeto que não era uma sombra ou seja um objeto real sendo que para uma arma poder ser usada e ter balas infinitas ela teria que ser uma arma sombra, ou seja a ushio não poderia fazer balas para uma arma original mas ela pode fazer isso com o colar.
Cara da pra fazer um livro só com incongruências no roteiro desse anime por isso tudo acho que esse anime ficou bem a quem do esperado, por isso mantenho minha nota inicial,é uma pena tinha bastante expectativas sobre esse anime,o autor estava passando todas as pistas direitinho que dava pra saber o que ia acontecer mas ele acabou optando por fugas de coerência tornando o roteiro meio merda,isso porque eu não citei os 2 plot twists do nada,um no episodio do festival,se eu não me engano é o episodio 3 onde o shinpei na verdade era uma sombra(o que na época eu aceitei de boas) mas no segundo onde a Mio Sombra tinha tomado o lugar da tokiko mesmo o shinpei tendo falando para ela proteger a mio verdadeira e mostraram a tokiko do lado da porta com a mio sombra perto do carro,isso fui muito feio autor.
Sep 23, 2022 7:24 PM
Jul 2022
it is very good you know

Sep 23, 2022 7:30 PM
Feb 2022
Don't make me cry like this bro
Sep 23, 2022 7:36 PM

May 2020
that was a pretty good ep
kinda confused now tho

so shinpei just has to start over now and redo all of this??

Sep 23, 2022 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
gotta say i enjoyed the first half of this show a lot more

also a question, that first scene from the very 1st episode, was that important? i dont remember it ever being referenced on any of the loops, unless it shows up on the final episode
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2022

150 by Tilor_Koopa »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

472 by UltraMonkeyX »»
May 7, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2022

144 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2022

193 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2022

340 by RGreatDanton »»
May 1, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.