Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of storytellig from Chisato's perspective and some of her past. She didn't seem different than her present cherry self.

Honestly, I'm just glad that Chisato is still her normal self and there's still a lot of character chemistry between her and Takina. Maybe it's a calm before the storm or something for the final episodes.
Aug 27, 2022 8:30 AM
Jun 2019
The fact that Senzoku has been using words related to "time" for a long time is proof that he has lived with "what he wants to do first" while being aware of the remaining two months of life left. "I don't want to take people's lives", "I want to do a job that helps someone", all because I had the feeling that everything is finite and more important than anyone else.
Aug 27, 2022 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
I can't understand the logic that Alan institute doesn't regard it as success that Chisato plays the role of a non-lethal executor of justice.
kuroneko99Aug 27, 2022 4:59 PM
Aug 27, 2022 9:09 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Chisato... :(

Interesting information about her past.

SerafosAug 27, 2022 9:37 AM
Aug 27, 2022 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Come on man you can’t give us moments like this and then break this pair apart

I wanted to ignore the death flags so bad with chisato.. smh. The vibe of the show has now taken on a plamemo type set up. The hang out guide book coming from takina was so sweet since she basically had no idea how to have fun at the beginning of the show. Chisato has had such a big impact on her.

on a bright side… I love the title cards today
Marinate1016Aug 27, 2022 9:24 AM
Aug 27, 2022 9:16 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Takina comes into the room Chisato is lying on the operating table on armed...
The woman escapes through the window unfortunately and Chisato is unconscious...
When she wakes up all the staff from the cafe are there luckily.
Seems Chisato's heart's hardware has been destroyed and won't charge again... she has 2 months left to live...
There is no replacement for her heart Takina is told.
Chisato is going to DA to recieve a gift and there is some idiots on the road so Chisato fires some shots.
Kusunoki tells Chisato to return to DA and gives her a camera which she was looking for.
Takina has received a return to DA letter also! Seems they need more manpower but Takina isn't so happy about it.
We got to see some of Chisato's past and at the time she had at most 6 months to live with her heart disease. Yoshimatsu however would not allow her to die like that and gave her the mechanical heart. However, it has an issue with longevity and will at most last her up until adulthood.
Chisato wanted to help Yoshimatsu for giving her a new heart. She vowed to become a savior.
She received a gun as a present after her operation.
Now we know why Chisato doesn't kill.
Takina decides to return to DA and says she will tell Chisato herself.
She invites Chisato to go out and have fun with her for a day.
The spot they went to in the end had a nice atmosphere.
Takina told Chisato about her going to DA and it seems she accepts it and is happy for her. She gives Takina a gift.

The snow is beautiful! I hope Takina finds a way to save Chisato!
IKOU ZE TAKINA!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 27, 2022 9:30 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 27, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2017
Chisato being abducted and the Alan Institute's nurse being working on her artificial heart to access confidential data, and Takina only being able to rescue her in the nick of time, but all of this paints a grim picture.

Thankfully, Yamagishi is able to restore Chisato, but this comes with a caveat that the voltage overcharge operation left her with only 2 months left to live before the artificial heart is completely destroyed. Even still, Chisato seems like she's already aware of the pending death, yet can still calmly joke about it with her momental return to DA with Chief Kusunori. That said, DA's operation to suppress Majima with Takina's recall is a sign that her original wish would be fulfilled.

As for Chisato, the Alan Institute's Shinji and Mika are quite literally the mastermind planners behind her survival, though this gives the benefit that she'll live longer than her congenital heart disease, that literally turned her into a tool of mass murder amdist the "make believe" family that's a secret promise held between the excellent Lycoris in the making and the 2 men in charge in her growing-up years. It's a sad mistake to be operating on Chisato and giving her an extended lifespan in the exchange of her mission to kill people, but to understand further, they will have to reach Majima faster than DA can actually get their hands on him...which the latter has reached to Shinji instead.

Pretty thoughtful of Takina to bring Chisato out to have fun in the shortest time possible to savour life's best moments before her return to DA and the latter's eventual death, solidifying their wonderful and engaging chemistry thus far.

5 mins the anime, went by in a flash.
Aug 27, 2022 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
SEHFKLSZGNKLTWOFNPOGGMONTHSNERPHNLEFTO;FORQFLBUNECHISATOL;THNKFBUFCVKRHELKFNENELKFNRPHJTOTJEVRPOGJ
I hope there will be a miracle for Chisato.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 27, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2021
This episode was insane, this show really took a dark turn huh...

We finally got to see Chisato's past and damn that scene was incredible.

This show is really playing with my emotions now, I'm really scared of what might happen in the future.
Aug 27, 2022 9:29 AM
Nov 2021
damn finally takina goin back. but chisato doesnt hav long to live :C
Aug 27, 2022 9:36 AM
Jan 2018
After this episode I'm 100% sure the ending will be Takina donating her heart to Chisato, prepare your tissues.
Aug 27, 2022 9:36 AM

May 2020
That's the fate of war dolls.. be it unfortunate but she only has 2 months now. Also the more I'm watching Mika and Yoshimatsu together, the more I'm doubting few things.
Aug 27, 2022 9:37 AM
May 2022
I got a strange feeling only one will be living and i lowkey feel that Chisato will live as Takina saves her life somehow. I would like it better if they both live but if they both die it wouldn’t be as sad as if only one lived.
Aug 27, 2022 9:39 AM

Mar 2021
Amazing episode as usual it was great to get some more of Chisato's backstory and i really hope they find a way to save her
Aug 27, 2022 9:42 AM

Sep 2021
The flags and foreshadowing were all there, but still... I'm sad.
Takina coming up with the guidebook of activities for Chisato was actually so so sweet. Her character growth has been really beautiful to see. I also loved how we got another moment showing how Chisato just goes with the flow, not even phased a little bit by the aquarium being closed.

I don't really have a lot more to say today... I'm glad we got all of that backstory but at what cost. Chisato originally being kept alive on the condition of how long she can kill and simply be an asset for the DA makes too much sense within the world that Lycoris Recoil has shown us so far. Still hoping for some kind of breakthrough, for Chisato's sake. It's heartbreaking to see her continue to be her usual carefree + genki self, especially right now- but honestly, for her, it makes sense.

And of course it would snow at the very end... of course. I'm still looking forward to next episode, if only to see how all of this ends. We only have 4 episodes left. Enough time for a miracle, maybe?

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Aug 27, 2022 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
I just want my girl Chisato to be safe and live a long live.
Aug 27, 2022 9:49 AM
Nov 2021
Chegamos em momentos de revelações e caminhamos para os possíveis finais, o importante é que nesse episódio o clima fica agradável com a Takina e a Chisato conversando. O episódio inteiro tem um clima mais pra baixo e esse final de pisódio vai trazer ainda mais impacto se acertarem o final do anime.
Aug 27, 2022 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
God i love chisato
Aug 27, 2022 9:52 AM
Jul 2020
Hermoso y triste al mismo tiempo :'3
Aug 27, 2022 9:55 AM
Jan 2021
Well this took a dark turn
Aug 27, 2022 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
Higoram said:
After this episode I'm 100% sure the ending will be Takina donating her heart to Chisato, prepare your tissues.
Welp Chisato would not agree tbh :v
Aug 27, 2022 10:01 AM
Jan 2018
Sairentou said:
Higoram said:
She will probably be unconscious and who will make the decision will be Takina, Chisato will only know after she wakes up and looks for Takina, so Mika will break the news...
Aug 27, 2022 10:01 AM
Oct 2021
I lOVE IT SO MUCH, WAITING FOR NEXT EP 10/10
Aug 27, 2022 10:04 AM

Nov 2013
God damnit.
It's finally revealed officially. Chisato's going to die. She knew she was going to die soon already, and she had accepted it. Still, now she has even less time left than before.

The big question here is why?

Why shorten Chisato's lifespan instead of killing her? It may have been just an act of cruelty, but is it that simple of a reason for real?

The other possible answer I think of is - to force Chisato to "sell her soul" for a new heart. In other words, she will promise to be a top killer for the institute, in return they'll give her a new heart. - This theory makes no sense since Chiato doesn't fear death, even now. She'd rather spent the last days having fun, so there's 0% chance she'd sell her soul to prolong own life. She'll be forced to kill people so that's not happening.

What could Yoshi be planning then??? Is he really indifferent to Chisato after what we saw from flashbacks? Hard to tell but I don't believe he doesn't feel anything, even though he looks like he doesn't.

Another reason I can think of is Takina. Yoshi did tell her he has high hopes for her, so he may use Chisato as a trigger or bargaining chip? Takina would sell her soul to save Chisato. BUT, anyone can easily see that Chisato is far superior to Takina. Chisato is just too good to be replaced or surpassed. Did Yoshi give up on Chisato and is now "ok" with "lower-quality" killer like Takina?

Any other ideas?
Aug 27, 2022 10:05 AM
Nov 2018
I have never in my life cared for or watched yuri/yaoi, and maybe I'm being brainwashed by all the other fans shouting about it, but that last scene.. OH MY GOD JUST KISSS
Aug 27, 2022 10:08 AM

Apr 2022
maybe Gigguk has to make another video titled: "The Waifu that didn't deserve to die"...
Aug 27, 2022 10:11 AM
Nov 2017
10/10 sadly episode, hope we can have HE ending
Aug 27, 2022 10:14 AM
Mar 2018
This show is underrated anime of the season.

That ending though...new heart in a box?
Aug 27, 2022 10:17 AM

Oct 2018
WHERE IS THE KISS, JESUS CHRIST?

Takina will donate her heart 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Aug 27, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2022
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
God damnit.
It's finally revealed officially. Chisato's going to die. She knew she was going to die soon already, and she had accepted it. Still, now she has even less time left than before.

The big question here is why?

Why shorten Chisato's lifespan instead of killing her? It may have been just an act of cruelty, but is it that simple of a reason for real?

The other possible answer I think of is - to force Chisato to "sell her soul" for a new heart. In other words, she will promise to be a top killer for the institute, in return they'll give her a new heart. - This theory makes no sense since Chiato doesn't fear death, even now. She'd rather spent the last days having fun, so there's 0% chance she'd sell her soul to prolong own life. She'll be forced to kill people so that's not happening.

What could Yoshi be planning then??? Is he really indifferent to Chisato after what we saw from flashbacks? Hard to tell but I don't believe he doesn't feel anything, even though he looks like he doesn't.

Another reason I can think of is Takina. Yoshi did tell her he has high hopes for her, so he may use Chisato as a trigger or bargaining chip? Takina would sell her soul to save Chisato. BUT, anyone can easily see that Chisato is far superior to Takina. Chisato is just too good to be replaced or surpassed. Did Yoshi give up on Chisato and is now "ok" with "lower-quality" killer like Takina?

Any other ideas?

Maybe the plan is to use takina to get chisato to take a life. To save takina is the only way I can see chisato taking someone’s life. Either way I do enjoy this show and the characters but I watch each week because of chisato. If they have plans on making this show into multiple seasons and a manga which I believe a manga was announced than if they kill off chisato and/or takina, good luck with that. The drop off will be steep.
Aug 27, 2022 10:18 AM

Dec 2015
Things don't always go as planned. With a mindset like that, no wonder Chisato is still as chipper as ever. Then again Chisato has a deeper appreciation for life due to the surgery and not having long to live in the first place. Nonetheless, that's not going to stop others worrying about her and trying to help her out.

Going back to that "things don't always go as planned" thing. Takina expected to snow at 9:00 to end her day with Chisato before she heads back to the DA... but it didn't happen on time.

I'd like to think that when it did start to snow while Chisato and Takina parted ways as hope for them to be back together after all this.
Aug 27, 2022 10:20 AM

Jun 2014
Well the hints and flags were all there but this episode has confirmed that Chisato doesn't have long to live. Even though this was more of a breather episode with Chisato and Takina going around having fun, there was still a very sad shadow looming over the episode. It was nice to see Chisato's backstory as well, and the end of the episode with them parting ways as it started snowing was great. We're in the endgame now as Majima makes his move and I have a feeling it's going to be wild.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
Higoram said:
Sairentou said:
She will probably be unconscious and who will make the decision will be Takina, Chisato will only know after she wakes up and looks for Takina, so Mika will break the news...

That would be way too dark for this show IMO. Takina is capable of sacrificing herself for Chisato, but I can't imagine Chisato laughing or being positive ever after, knowing she survived at the cost of her dear friend. Takina still feels like THE main character, while Chisato is her idol and inspiration. It would make no sense if MC dies, while her idol lives - just my thoughts. If the show decides to give us a tragic ending, I'm 99% positive Takina will survive, but Chisato will die.

It may be just me, but I don't get such strong drama-vibes from this show. I'd blame Kurumi for this, lol. And, there hasn't been any drama moments that would hint the possibility to be honest. No gruesome deaths of remotely significant characters, no tragic backstories, nothing! I don't think Kurumi's in LycoReco just to hack stuff on "filler missions". She will likely play a big role in saving Chisato. I mean, she's already digging for the truth. Don't think her efforts will all lead to "Welp, couldn't find shit about the institute after all, ehe..." - meanwhile Chisato dies in less than two months - I mean it's already obvious that she will have to do stuff that puts pressure on the heart so her lifespan will be reduced. Nah, don't think Takina will give her heart. Someone will have to do the surgery after all. I don't think she will be allowed - I mean will Mika and Mizuki do nothing?

"Chisato would not want this" will likely be what she'd be told.

Nah, something else will happen.
Aug 27, 2022 10:25 AM

Jan 2021
I feel bad for Chisato's condition and it saddens that she doesn't have long anymore but that doesn't concern her because she wants to live her life the upmost fullest but come on that was an perfect spot for an kiss under the snow, also Takina trying her best to make Chisato's day wonderful and Chisato even had fun.

This show really knows how to do cliffhangers and get people's attention and emotions, can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 27, 2022 10:28 AM

Jan 2020
zxshadow said:
This show is underrated anime of the season.

That ending though...new heart in a box?

My thought exactly. Maybe Shinji isn't as bad as what it seem.
Aug 27, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2011
The drama was kinda meaningless. Like, I was thinking, why cant just replace the whole heart again? And then at the end, we have a briefcase that may have the new heart.

In the park scene I thought it would end like, Takina getting shot while Chisato watched. Would be karma for Chisato.
Aug 27, 2022 10:31 AM

Jul 2008
Yoshi the kinda mf that goes out to get milk once.
Aug 27, 2022 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
hai_X_is said:
Things don't always go as planned. With a mindset like that, no wonder Chisato is still as chipper as ever. Then again Chisato has a deeper appreciation for life due to the surgery and not having long to live in the first place. Nonetheless, that's not going to stop others worrying about her and trying to help her out.

Going back to that "things don't always go as planned" thing. Takina expected to snow at 9:00 to end her day with Chisato before she heads back to the DA... but it didn't happen on time.

I'd like to think that when it did start to snow while Chisato and Takina parted ways as hope for them to be back together after all this.

Yeah, what are the odds of snow falling when you expected it would snow. It didn't snow precisely at 9:00, but it did happen eventually!

Chisato has long accepted death, but she's never waiting for it or counting days. If she dies, she dies, but deep inside she's hoping something will happen and she'll live - that one in a million chance. I think the end of the episode was hopeful with a hint of "miracles can happen".

None of the people in the cafe are giving up on saving Chisato so it will be cruel if everyone fails in the end anyways. The show doesn't give me the vibes of "anime with a tragic ending", not after seeing 9 episodes, and not after seeing the snow scene this episode.
Aug 27, 2022 10:40 AM
Feb 2020
Gigachad terrorist
Aug 27, 2022 10:41 AM
Oct 2016
This is kinda soul crushing to watch
Aug 27, 2022 10:42 AM

Jul 2015
A damn grim episode.. First half just killed me..

Dunno what to say anymore except that hotel room scene between Shinji and Mika.. whew..
Aug 27, 2022 10:43 AM
Feb 2022
Alan Institute motive to kill her doesn’t really make sense… need more clarity on what is her grand mission really and why she considered failed
Aug 27, 2022 10:46 AM

Dec 2021
I really feel sad about Chisato on this episode. I did guess it wrong that she was heavily wounded on the radio tower but instead, its a much serious heart condition.

I must have made such a crazy decision last week to put Chisato in a red dress as my phone's wallpaper just before the episode that time aired. Gonna find a phone wallpaper with Chisato and Takina together.
Aug 27, 2022 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
A-1 pictures doing a great work with this anime we had a lof beautiful scenery and moments.

For Chisato I have feeling that she will not die at the end .. I think they will find a way to help her especially after all these teasing.

Aug 27, 2022 10:48 AM

Jun 2021
So that’s it huh? Someone’s finally gotten to Chisato after all this. Despite her impending death, she still doesn’t seem too bothered. I guess she figured she never had much time to begin with.

Seeing little Chisato in action was great. Even back then, she had that uncanny talent to dodge bullets. She was also cute as all hell too lol. I suppose without the heart, Chisato would have died sooner. Both Mika and Shinji saw Chisato as a tool for murder. Speaking of those two, I guess their relationship is a lot more intimate than I had thought. Will Mika be able to take him down for Chisato if it comes to it?

I like Takina’s little outing with Chisato. Hurray for rigid structured fun! Haha. How cute was it that it snowed right at the end there just like Takina was hoping? I sure hope they can save Chisato, but if even the great “Walnut” couldn’t come up with anything it’s not gonna be easy.

Was that karma at the end? Shinji fucks with Chisato and now Majima has him.
Aug 27, 2022 10:50 AM

Apr 2020
chisato was cute even as a kid, its cool we got a backstory. This episode was kind of sad :( I wonder how the last few episodes will play out
Aug 27, 2022 10:51 AM
May 2020
Finally episode 9 reaches the climax!! It's so hard not to love the people of LycoReco! Looking forward to the next one!
Aug 27, 2022 10:54 AM

Jan 2009
ok so Chisato is a born genius at dodging then but she has a heart disease, i always thought the artificial heart she has is the reason she is a genius at dodging but thats not the case then

Chisato got 2 months to live eh

and whats that did Majima gotten a new artificial heart (inside that suitcase) for Chisato to use in the ending scene there?
Aug 27, 2022 10:57 AM
May 2012
Enjoyed the outing between Takina and Chisato. Hoping they can find a cure / fix for her heart.
Aug 27, 2022 10:58 AM
Feb 2022
great episode! i wish the anime will have a good ending
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

283 by ViSpace »»
May 6, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

304 by xiiraito »»
May 4, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

208 by warpedaqua »»
May 4, 8:29 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

120 by Spunkert »»
May 1, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.