Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 3, 2022 12:54 AM
Feb 2022
i never liked him so I diddn't cry.. i diddnt wnat him dead but hes the worst.
wanna see dekus reaction
Aug 3, 2022 9:49 AM

Mar 2021
Meh. If he’s dead for real, it was done badly

If it’s a fakeout and he somehow gets revived, even worse

Aug 3, 2022 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
i do not think Bakugo is dead such an anticlimactic death if its true but if he is then the Vestige Theory or he is one of the souls in One For All is gonna be true
Aug 3, 2022 6:52 PM
Jul 2022
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the chapter today. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Bakugo dead? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want BKDK to be canon and push this medium forward. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was #1 in every poll???? This is so fucked.
Aug 3, 2022 7:24 PM
Aug 4, 2022 12:57 AM

Oct 2015

pls this aint eden zero
no way thats true
ill eat my flex tape if it is
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 4, 2022 2:35 AM

Jan 2009
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

pls this aint eden zero
no way thats true
ill eat my flex tape if it is

lol i understand that
Aug 4, 2022 6:31 AM

Jul 2021
Lol Deku x Bakugou shippers in the mud and on the suicide watch (I've known MHA community for being one of the worst shippers out there). Imagine if Bakugou actually dies and at the end of MHA Deku and Uraraka visit his grave with their newborn baby, I would laugh my fuckin ass off 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 4, 2022 12:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CQLLIST said:
Lol Deku x Bakugou shippers in the mud and on the suicide watch (I've known MHA community for being one of the worst shippers out there). Imagine if Bakugou actually dies and at the end of MHA Deku and Uraraka visit his grave with their newborn baby, I would laugh my fuckin ass off 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I'm not a shipper of that damn cursed pairing but this is so mean TwT
Aug 4, 2022 3:52 PM

Apr 2018
Necrophilia will be the new hit in the MHA fandom if Bakugo's death is confirmed.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 4, 2022 8:42 PM
Jul 2022
The amount of balls Hori will have if he goes through with this...
Aug 5, 2022 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
ah yes, you either died as jobber, or live as bait. lmao.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 5, 2022 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
I honestly don't know what to believe but I'm leaning towards not believing it. It's difficult for me to grasp that Hori would kill off his most popular character of the franchise who has beaten Deku multiple times in the polls. But then again I don't know...

Aug 5, 2022 3:45 AM

Mar 2016
Author pulled Phil Coulson on us wtf.
One of the most emotional chapters we got and it's been great watching Bakugo's development.
Aug 5, 2022 4:38 AM

Oct 2017
Bakugo.......is he really gonna die like this?
Aug 5, 2022 4:54 AM

May 2020
Ain't no way they will kill Bakugo off like that, will be more of a joke than an actual sympathetic death.
Aug 5, 2022 5:22 AM
Jan 2018
It would make up for Stars and Stripes if Bakugo bites the dust. But a rival character deserves a better send off than a trading card flashback.

Horikoshi seems to be inspired by lackluster 4th Ninja War Kishimoto. When Bakugo comes back, this whole chapter will be meaningless. But if Bakugo dies, it will need to mean more than being a distraction until the real hero arrives.
Aug 5, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2009
can Eri with her quirk do reversal of death too? but damn BakuGONE
Aug 5, 2022 5:44 AM

Apr 2014
No way he's dead for real
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2022 6:21 AM
Dec 2021
Well I guess the doughnut community has a new member...😅😂🤣😭
My candies:
Aug 5, 2022 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
the action drawings or panels are confusing to understand again though damn even though the art of the mangaka is great
Aug 5, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
Dynamight fighting to the very end even if it is inevitable. Dude. I swear to freaking life given to me. Dynamight has been a fucking dick headed bastard mongrel. But he developed greatly as a human being and a hero. Same goes to Endeavor. If we do not get a continuation of what happens next chapter, and go somewhere else. I am going to lose it. However the second user of OFA just showed up in his head in the last moments of his life. So I do not know if that is suppose to do anything. If Horikoshi has balls to kill off Bakugou. Then he better kill off Deku once OFA fulfills its' purpose. It will leave a lot of hearts broken or ruptured possibly. But it will be nice too. Who knows. But dang it man. This is way too much.
Aug 5, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2020
Bakugo😭😭😭the way he died (there is no way he will survive) was very devastating and raw, I mean his heart exploded, f#ck!

On the other hand, I feel that this chapter and the next one will be one chapter, I need to see what Bakugo's last action to help was, there is no way he just kinda commited suicide, Bakugo had something in mind, he has always been sharp and this was the last explosion of his sheer DETERMINATION. And also, what were those panels with Bakugo talking to those OFA spirits??

And Horikoshi, you really showed balls by killing a character a lot of people love (including myself)
carhs14Aug 5, 2022 8:23 AM
Aug 5, 2022 8:39 AM

Aug 2021
alphazero4um said:
Dynamight fighting to the very end even if it is inevitable. Dude. I swear to freaking life given to me. Dynamight has been a fucking dick headed bastard mongrel. But he developed greatly as a human being and a hero. Same goes to Endeavor. If we do not get a continuation of what happens next chapter, and go somewhere else. I am going to lose it. However the second user of OFA just showed up in his head in the last moments of his life. So I do not know if that is suppose to do anything. If Horikoshi has balls to kill off Bakugou. Then he better kill off Deku once OFA fulfills its' purpose. It will leave a lot of hearts broken or ruptured possibly. But it will be nice too. Who knows. But dang it man. This is way too much.
I think the reason the 2nd user was shown because in the past afo almost lose to the 2nd user without even ofa, which means 2nd user's quirk is strong and powerful that can help beat afo in this final war.
Aug 5, 2022 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
Chapters ago I theorized about Bakugou sacrificing himself turning his whole body into a bomb to do a big damage to Shigaraki, but I didn't expect him to ~die~ this way. This is a shounen and we have Eri, so, I'll not take conclusions just for this chapter.

When Izuku see Bakugou ~dead~ and everyone injured like that, he better rethink about all the bullshit of saving Shigaraki. I think there's a way of killing Shigaraki and All for One and save Shimura Tenko, but I really doubt Midoriya will kill someone.
AcD4cAug 5, 2022 11:27 AM
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 5, 2022 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
Ok so the rumors of Bakugo dying were true i guess, it just happened a couple chapters later than i thought. Now imma need Bakugo to stay dead so that I can enjoy the suffering of weird pedo BakuDeku shippers 😈 😈 😈 unfortunately i feel like this manga wouldn't be willing to take such a risk, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

When Deku sees Bakugo like this, he better fuck off with that "I can save him" mindset.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 5, 2022 9:54 AM

Dec 2016
Oh no, Bakugou! You are badly injured and you want to show us more of what you can do? How reckless can you be?? Not going to lie, but that was a badass pull move there. Also, Kacchan's new weakness unlocked!

Guys, I do not believe he's dead yet and I can tell you why. I found out some information about Nitroglycerin and that seriously made my heart a little at ease.

Second, I must not forget what happened to Stain when his heart stopped. Did he die? Well, if you go back to some chapters he was there, alive, during Deku's Rampage Arc (I dunno if I said the Arc name correctly but if you know, you know). So I think Bakugou can be just knocked out and be in a coma. That is just my opinion/theory. I can understand if Horikoshi-sensei shows us if he's actually dead or not in the next chapters. I am very anxious about this whole situation with Bakugou but I'll wait and see what will actually happen from now on even if it stings :(

This is a very sad chapter ;_; I wish Deku was there already... this will trigger him for good if he sees Bakugou in this state. He might turn berserk.
PurpleGirl203Aug 5, 2022 9:59 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 5, 2022 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
bruh, for real? killing Bakugo??
while it might be good for the MC development, but I don't think the author really pull an ass like this though.
maybe Eri or someone with outstanding healing quirk would help Bakugo.
Aug 5, 2022 10:02 AM
Feb 2021
Damn I didn't expect that to happened my guy ain't gonna die like that shippers are gonna be piss
Aug 5, 2022 10:53 AM
Jun 2019
Holy shit. I can’t believe that Bakugo is dying. To be honest, I'm pretty indifferent about it since I wasn't really attached to him, but still. If he actually dies, that'll be a big surprise. But if he doesn't die, it'll make all those last moment he had with the card pretty meaningless.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 5, 2022 4:42 PM

Jul 2020
I always wanted him dead.
He was the kind of rude bully character all the way down the line. I loved this, and hope he will not revive.
Bakugo never really change, he was put aside a long time ago and his personality never change so much, his character was very flat. And the moment of spotlight to the other characters was anti climatic, those characters are a like ash next to bakugo….
I like this “subvertion” of the anime “mains” characters but I think they aren’t well realized.
If this is the death of bakugo, in the screenplay of the serie, it will be mmmmm.
But either way, from the vilain city arc to this one, there are a lot of wonderful moments, horikoshi is really trying to break some basic-animey-tropes.
Aug 5, 2022 7:11 PM

Jan 2019
Gen_void said:
He was the kind of rude bully character all the way down the line. I loved this, and hope he will not revive.
Bakugo never really change, he was put aside a long time ago and his personality never change so much, his character was very flat. And the moment of spotlight to the other characters was anti climatic, those characters are a like ash next to bakugo….
I like this “subvertion” of the anime “mains” characters but I think they aren’t well realized.
If this is the death of bakugo, in the screenplay of the serie, it will be mmmmm.
But either way, from the vilain city arc to this one, there are a lot of wonderful moments, horikoshi is really trying to break some basic-animey-tropes.
People like you are annoying. I get hating Bakugo, I get that. Every character has haters even someone as nice as Izuku. But I cannot understand why you people think he hasn’t changed at all and is still a bully? I’m sorry? Did you miss the part where he sacrificed himself for Izuku or apologized about the bullying? You are literally saying he is the same person that he was in literally the first season. He’s not even the same. He would hate the Bakugo he used to be.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Aug 5, 2022 7:34 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
If Bakugo's actually dead, then what a waste of a character.

After 362 chapters, being reduced to literary cannon fodder to tout Deku's importance.

Either, he's gonna be revived, or a Deku power up incoming.
LezetAug 5, 2022 7:37 PM
Aug 5, 2022 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
SMOKIN' THAT BAKUGO PACK 🥶💨💨💨 GET THE REST OF 'EM SHIGGY!!
Aug 5, 2022 9:55 PM
Mar 2021
PhillipDeezNuts said:
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the chapter today. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is Bakugo dead? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want BKDK to be canon and push this medium forward. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was #1 in every poll???? This is so fucked.

You would love Attack on Titan
Aug 5, 2022 11:56 PM
Mar 2020
I’m not only sad that Bakugo is dead (?) I also think his death was done horribly if it is real (permanent I mean). There was little to no build up, and it feels like all the character development until now would be for nothing if he just went and died now. Especially as he had this big moment right before he died where he seemed to have a kind of breakthrough. It just doesn’t make sense in a manga like MHA for one of the main characters to die like this? To me at least. They aren’t shy to killing off more minor characters or villains but like imagine if Todoroki was killed off. Doesn’t feel right, right? Twice’s death was done a lot better imo as a more major ish character. I thought that maybe Mario or Tamaki would die (sad but would be more understandable at least). Anyway, idk how to feel about this if he really is dead. I mean obviously I’m sad, I related to him in quite a few aspects and he was (is?) my favourite character from the series right above Toga probs but the decision itself feels v random to me.
Aug 6, 2022 3:05 AM

Mar 2014
This author better not pull off a "Fairy Tail" and only have them be temporary killed before revealing they can be revived anyways.

If not....Damn dude Bakugo
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 6, 2022 4:28 AM

Sep 2013
Really hyped up Tamaki just to have him do nothing, just like the others in the big 3.
Aug 6, 2022 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
Never liked him. Let him stay dead
Aug 6, 2022 6:10 AM
Dec 2019
PhillipDeezNuts said:

Pull yourself together.
Aug 6, 2022 6:49 AM
Dec 2020
Bakugo died? It wasn't very impactful. But it was rather sudden.
Now if the author chooses to revive him, it'd be waste. Because as a character Bakugo was developed pretty well, so I don't see a purpose of what he'd do if he's revived
Either way the author will get a lot of criticism
Aug 6, 2022 7:35 AM

Jul 2020
Crystal_Star07 said:
Gen_void said:
People like you are annoying. I get hating Bakugo, I get that. Every character has haters even someone as nice as Izuku. But I cannot understand why you people think he hasn’t changed at all and is still a bully? I’m sorry? Did you miss the part where he sacrificed himself for Izuku or apologized about the bullying? You are literally saying he is the same person that he was in literally the first season. He’s not even the same. He would hate the Bakugo he used to be.

Well shut up. He isn’t a bully no more, he said sorry to Izuku in the rain in that chapter from the “dark izuku arc”. He in fact changed. But I don’t like him as a character, I think he is annoying as ever, even his changes don’t get quite well written when he treats everyone like shjt, he isn’t a bully but he still is an abusive brat, is it any difference?

Either way, I think this arc as being the climax of the series, is showing what shonen narratives does to the density of the characters, none.
All the tocs and over saturated characterization make the characters well, flat, and their spotlight being of one chapter in all the series for you to care is futile. I think a good example for it is Gon or Kurapika or Killua Or any character from Hunter x hunter, those are really well written characters…
Aug 6, 2022 11:37 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Woooow. Most the responds here are trash as fuck. None of y'all are gonna be happy weather he lives or dies. (I am siding with him surviving but in what state and to what means with the 2nd users quirk I have no clue; I don't think it'll be as straight forward as a "heal" quirk)

I am very emotional about this. He's so young and he was able to see what Shigiraki was concealing and fucking made AFO freak out. So honestly everyone whining about him not doing enough or getting his shit wrecked is weird. He's obviously doing more than the adults and more than most would do; he's only 17 for fuck sake.

The flashback and the card he kept also just, made me so sad. I'm so happy he kept it.

Anyways. Break next week. I'll be reeling the entire time.
Aug 6, 2022 11:48 AM
Jul 2022
PuffTV said:
PhillipDeezNuts said:

Don’t ever mention that garbage to my face ever again it gets my stomach RUMBLING.
Aug 6, 2022 11:50 AM
Jul 2022
Gen_void said:

Bakugo clearly has changed as a character and as a person. Endeavor has the most development in the series and is actually a well-written character but I’d say Bakugo isn’t too far off.
GeRomeZaStreetZAug 6, 2022 11:55 AM
Aug 6, 2022 11:54 AM
Jul 2022
Dark_Lord7 said:
Bakugo died? It wasn't very impactful. But it was rather sudden.
Now if the author chooses to revive him, it'd be waste. Because as a character Bakugo was developed pretty well, so I don't see a purpose of what he'd do if he's revived
Either way the author will get a lot of criticism

From who? The western fans that don’t dictate whether is series is cancelled or not? It’s all up to Japanese reception at this point. We have seen situations where fan backlash was so severe the mangaka had to bring them back (Byakuya from Bleach)
Aug 6, 2022 3:26 PM
May 2020
I really enjoyed the chapter... I didn't like Bakugou as a character when the story was first starting, but ever since the All Might vs AFO fight, he has had little moments of character development that have made me learn to like him. Hes not my favorite, not even in my top 5. But I like him enough to be shocked and a little sad to see him "die" like this. That flashback, and the cut to his mom thinking about him, and all of the other heroes' reactions... all of those factors added up to make the final panel hit hard. I don't want him to die, but I don't want him brought back to life either... that would be so lame and would make this entire chapter pointless. I can't wait to see Midoriya's reaction.
Aug 6, 2022 6:03 PM
Mar 2021
PhillipDeezNuts said:
PuffTV said:

Don’t ever mention that garbage to my face ever again it gets my stomach RUMBLING.

"That day, the human race remembered the terror of being dominated by them, and the shame of being held captive in a birdcage..." — Over 100 years ago, a natural predator of humanity appeared: the Titans, giant humanoid but mindless monsters whose sole purpose of existence seemed to be to devour humans. There was an insurmountable gap in power between them and mankind, and as a result, humanity was rapidly exterminated to the brink of extinction. The survivors responded by constructing three concentric walls: Wall Maria, Wall Rose and Wall Sina, which graced them with a century of peace. However, one day a Colossal Titan far larger than any other seen before breached the outer wall, allowing the smaller Titans to invade the human territory and forcing the survivors to retreat to the inner walls. Eren Jaeger, a boy whose mother was eaten during the invasion, vowed to wipe every last Titan off the face of the Earth, and joined the military determined to exact his revenge.
Aug 6, 2022 6:10 PM
Jun 2021
i have a theory related to that one theory of Bakugo being a time traveler. It might sound stupid, but i want to hear your thoughts.

Here it is (Sorry if bad english):

The reason why Shigaraki (AFO) related Bakugo to the 2nd OFA user was maybe because the 2nd OFA user's quirk allowed Bakugo to time-travel in order to save Midoriya. That means Bakugo was once a OFA user, and that's why he sees All Might in his vestige's form. But this didn't happen in this timeline.

let me explain:

In the fight against Shigaraki, Midoriya and Bakugo were fighting him together. But at certain moment, Shigaraki almost killed Bakugo. Then, Midoriya, while seeing this situation, decided to give the OFA to Bakugo because the 2nd user said him to do it. The 2nd user said to Deku that, with his quirk, they could save Bakugo, but the problem is that, in order to save Bakugo, they have to give him the OFA for a moment. So, Deku gave the OFA to Bakugo. And Bakugo was saved. But, without OFA, Deku is killed easily by Shigaraki before Bakugo could give back OFA to Deku. So, after Deku dies, the true power of 2nd user's quirk activates. The quirk's power is, that the user can time-travel a few minutes into the past, but just once for a day (or other limit). So, Bakugo time-traveled into past to the moment before Deku arrives to the fight. So now (without the OFA), Bakugo decides to sacrifice himself instead of Deku being killed for saving him. And then, we're now in the actual timeline. That could explain why Bakugo sees All Might in his vestige's form, and why Shigaraki reminded of the 2nd user while fighting Bakugo.

Then, because of Bakugo having the OFA, he will be part of OFA after his death, so Deku can fuck with him inside OFA. So don't worry shippers. DekuBaku won't die. He will live in Deku's mind forever.

This sound absolutely crazy, if you ask me.

Another possibility can be that the 2nd movie of BNHA was canon. So, Bakugo had the OFA for a moment. And that explain the vestige form thing.

Also, i don't think Bakugo will die. He will be saved by either 2nd user's quirk or Eri's quirk.
Aug 6, 2022 6:26 PM

Jun 2017
Bakugone? That was a pretty meh death if it's true.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.