Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 2, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
With all the shit going around at school and outside, it feels like no one is really safe in the show.

There's still a lot of recurring gags in this show though with the kisses and Lilia's meme faces. Elena continously proves that she's one of the toughest members of the student council. Not much development really. This anime's story has been a drag.
Aug 2, 2022 7:24 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Chris seemed like quite a nice person when she was younger.
I feel sorry for Vermeil who Alto didn't let get any desserts xD. He eventually let her buy one though lol. But she kissed him in public! Seems Alto's words backfired xD.
And Rex is now bullying Chris... he seems very different from usual!
It's a good thing Alto and everyone arrived when they did, otherwise she may have died.
But Vermeil and Alto didn't have to fight Rex as Elena Kimberlight arrived and used her judgement sword to stop him.
Vermeil recognises that power that Chris was using...
Professor Obsidian is working with a dangerous low tier demon!
He injects Vermeil with a syringe!
Alto's contract symbol on his hand glows.
Vermeil in that form is very very strong...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 2, 2022 7:35 AM
Jul 2014
For me just once I would have liked this one to not take the common path of the evil teacher forces a power to make a main character go out of control.
The whole episode I am sitting here going oh great can see where this is going and then as soon as she decides to take a walk by herself I was almost ready to stop watching it.

Was not a fan of this episode compared to the rest thus far.
Aug 2, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Chris is a supergenius Dragonrider who used to be much nicer in her past, what changes made her into such an arrogant person?

Alto and Vermeil out on their usual shopping, and the latter can be quite the childish character sometimes, but to be indecent in public, she sure doesn't care lols. That is until Rex comes in to thwart Chris, and Rex definitely felt like an other being altogether giving Chris back her karma, which Vermeil can judge his mana going out of control and of a power similar to hers. But that's all stopped by the Student Council president Elena Kimberlight, which her Judgment Sword clears the calamity. Plus Rex, there're now 5 victims in this yet-unknown case to be solved.

The Bronze exam comes, and that should be the students' prioirty, and Lilia takes this chance to claim Alto as hers for the while. Vermeil, obviously taking a sidestep to figure out that it's Professor Obsidian as the root cause, smelling him as a low-tier demon for his pursuit for evil chaos power.

Trouble ensues in Ortigia Academy where Vermeil evolves in her most demonic form, and Alto is definitely worried for what's about to come. The ultimate mayhem...
Aug 2, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2016
Good lord, this show has cheese on top of cheese that they definitely should open a dairy farm instead.

Rex gets consumed by some sort of entity, but when he manages to subdue Chris who was also a straight up psycho, goodie two shoes MC gets all angry at him. But oh no, as soon as someone more powerful jumps in and turns the tables and looks down on both Chris & Rex, now she's the one to have a beef with. This MC flips back and forth faster than a cheap breaker in a welding area.

The show didn't characterize present Chris as a gentle and kind soul that would take care of the sick or wounded, like Rex was after their fight (and yeah, don't tell me that just because younger Chris was gentle we're supposed to believe such a whiplash change of heart on her current personality). Same story goes for Lilia, she turned from the stubborn tsundere into a seducing mistress that grew up 3 cup sizes at the bat of an eye. Either the adaptation is awfully rushed, or the author just doesn't know jack sh*t how to write proper characters.
Aug 2, 2022 8:23 AM

Jun 2021
Nice to explore Rex and Chris’ relationship a little. Chris was pretty cute as a kid and Rex was adorable carrying his big ol egg around in that pouch like a momma kangaroo lol. They really changed a lot after the grew, Chris especially. She’ll beat the shit out of Rex but gets mad when others do the same to him? Lol ok.

Vermeil really can be quite childish at times, but she’s also got a mysterious side to her. Like I can’t tell what she’s thinking half the time. When she was draining Alto’s mana, I was kinda worried for the dude (though not as worried as I was for Alto with Lilia when Vermeil left them alone lol). Plus she knew more about Rex’s situation than she let on.

But anyways, this week’s new waifu: Elena Kimberlight! Haha. Her judgement sword is a pretty impressive attack. She’s definitely very strong but idk if she’s gonna be able to take on that paper doll demon thing. It seems pretty resilient.

Vermeil got way too cocky confronting the professor like that. Now she’s got herself whammied! Seeing Vermeil in her more primal and demonic form, all I gotta say is woof! Even as a giant harpy looking demon, she’s pretty hot lol. But man, looks like Alto is the only one that can possibly save her.
Aug 2, 2022 9:03 AM
Feb 2021
Yet another episode ending on a cliffhanger, this time with Vermeil unleashing her "true power"

Lilia is such a goofy character, I love her
Aug 2, 2022 9:28 AM

Jul 2021
Judgement sword move was SOO fucking lame, I felt shame after watching that move.

AAAAAAAHGHJDJSF why would they end the episode there????????????????

What an intense episode. It passed by so quickly, so little happened but it was all intense.

Though can't wrap my head around how Obsidian was able to inject Vermiel, I expected Vermiel to have kickass reflexes or something considering how powerful of a demon she is supposed to be. Also Obsidian with his Rasengan in the end there.

Vermiel in her original form is scary, hard to believe that monstrous thing turns into a cute little horny woman. Her acting childish in the start was cute.

I wonder how Alto is gonna react seeing Vermiel in that state.

The ED still slaps hard.

5/5 episode. I'm glad this anime is becoming more than just fan-service.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 2, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Animation was pretty ass during that judgement sword attack and the president’s fight scenes ngl. Still a really solid ep and one of my faves.

I’m really surprised vermeil was dumb enough to completely let her guard down around a human, especially one she knew was up to know good and get taken advantage of. But, we now get to see her at full power with no restraints. No idea how anyone is gonna be able to take her down. Alto will probably have to use talk no jutsu.

Can’t wait for next week, should be great. This is very comfortably in the third spot this season for me.
Aug 2, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2020
Well this was cliché.. the first half though again one can overlook that fact but what about the wonky-ass animation we had throughout lol. Can't help but laugh.

Vermeil in that berserk mode in the end.. can't wait for Atlo kissing her and breaking that curse away.
Aug 2, 2022 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby anime gods! Forgive me for thinking Chris was a boy! You have exceeded my expectations with this episode! And the shit is hitting the fan, lets see how wild this ride gets!! Awesome!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 2, 2022 10:45 AM
Apr 2020
wtf is the animation in this episode tho.... like why did it take a whole 2 fucking seconds until kaichou unsheathed her fucking sword and why did it also take 2 whole fucking seconds for them showing Chris' fucking hair before she gets an uppercut.... honestly this show fell off this episode.
Aug 2, 2022 10:49 AM

Oct 2017
Vermeil went berserk, only Alto's kiss can stop her.
Aug 2, 2022 11:00 AM
Jun 2021
just because Vermeil is a very strong demon it doesn't mean that the low-tier teacher can just inject her so that she can show her true form, this episode disappoint me, i don't like it. if this is not solved in the next episode, this anime will suffer it's potential to become a good anime of summer 2022.
Aug 2, 2022 11:15 AM
Jul 2015
Chris is such a bitch. I don't get why Rex was nice to her in previous ep. I enjoyed her getting her ass kicked.
Lilia is kinda funny, but at the same time, she's getting creepy. It's pretty clear that mc will choose vermeil, unless she dies at some point, so her existence is pointless. But tropes must be included, don't they?

I actually chukled when vermeil got injected. For such a high level demon, that send a real threat seconds ago, she got taken down like a bitch. It's also obvious that mc cares about the mess obsidian is causing, so why would she not tell alto about it? Seems like another stupid idea, basically a plot device. I do wonder, when she gets taken care of, will obsidian get exposed? Or will she still refuse to tell anyone?
I think I will make a turning point, if it happens, I'll drop it. I'm getting less and less patient with shows being created "by the book".
Aug 2, 2022 11:34 AM

Nov 2016
It's disappointing that Vermeil was caught off guard so easily. I hope there's a twist and not that this situation was shoehorned for some low stake drama.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2022 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
I'm glad I didn't write this show off early on. It's going to be interesting to see where this plot point goes from here and how it resolves
Aug 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Jun 2021
Next episode will be so fucking epic and tragic!

I love this anime so much <3
Aug 2, 2022 2:29 PM
Dec 2020
That was a good episode, actually has me wanting the next episode.
some people...
Aug 2, 2022 2:54 PM
May 2021
I personally, would have followed Vermeil
Aug 2, 2022 3:16 PM

Jan 2021
I though i would hate this anime.Men how wrong i was.
Aug 2, 2022 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
This honestly felt like second last-episode lol.
Guess we are going to have two arcs this season.

I like characters have has personality and is not just one trait and that's it.

Aug 2, 2022 3:49 PM
Jul 2021
oh come ON, he's just a human, she is SUPER powerful and cautious of the dude. But SOMEHOW he magically sticks her without her noticing him or moving away. At LEAST write so. e situation to where it's believable where he could have done it 😒
Aug 2, 2022 3:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Why did Obsidian have to do our girl Vermeil like that, now she appeals to furries too lol. Jokes aside this is a very intense situation and it hurts to see, Alto will probably bring her out of it somehow but for now we got an angry demon babe on our hands.

Besides the plot I really enjoyed the moments with Vermeil in the beginning, like when she wanted sweets but Alto wouldn’t let her at first, and also a public make-out session, very hot lol. Lilia was also hilariously thirsty in this one, it’s refreshing to have a tsundere like her that really goes for it, she was straight up trying to undress Alto lol. I also enjoyed the Chris and Rex backstory, pretty cute and wholesome.
Aug 2, 2022 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
I like how the episode went from Vermeil pouting because she couldnt get dessert to a blood sucking demon lol.

I hate Demon Vermeil thats not my Golden Girl
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 2, 2022 6:27 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
No surprise that Professor Obsidian was conducting experiments on his students, but his main goal was finding and capturing Vermeli. Too bad the student council hasn't figure this out yet. Outside of that nothing else really happened except for Vermeli going berserk.
Aug 2, 2022 6:56 PM

May 2021
The characterization is so contradictory here. At least we get to see Vermeil's true demon form.

Aug 2, 2022 7:08 PM
Jun 2013
99 percent of the time, when a character is voiced by Koyasu Takehito, assume he is EVIL.
On the side note, I sometimes feel sorry for the voice actor for getting the evil role a lot.
Aug 2, 2022 7:47 PM
Dec 2020
This is the worst episode so far imo. The writing for this anime was generic and flawed but I didn't expect it to be this bad by the 5th episode. Any kind of interest in this anime was just completely killed by this episode. I will still keep watching but I wish they would stop prioritising the action over the writing.
Aug 2, 2022 7:57 PM
Jan 2022
Not a fan of this episode. This show rides on the cute interactions of main couple mixed with the wonder of the magic school and the occasional intense fight. The development at the end of the episode was bizarre.
Aug 2, 2022 8:12 PM
Jun 2013
While Chris Westland had somewhat of a brutal debut, I do admit she has an attractive figure. The only character I know, that resembles Chris to some extent, is granblue fantasy's Sturm. Any other anime character comes to mind? Definitely not tanya degurechaff or Familiar of Zero's Louise, Chris is short but much hotter than those kinds of girls.
Aug 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Jan 2020
BoredBlunderbuss said:
Yet another episode ending on a cliffhanger, this time with Vermeil unleashing her "true power"

Lilia is such a goofy character, I love her

Yea, I love Lilia too. Most thirsty tsundere type I’ve seen . Anyway, F that prof
Aug 2, 2022 10:12 PM
Jun 2022
I mean, seriously a powerful demon like Vermeil could just let him inject something into her so easily? Lol, my faith in this anime went downhill so bad and from the last 4 episode and now this. I know now that the writing is just gonna mediocre from now.
Aug 2, 2022 11:00 PM
Aug 2021
just what the hell is this censorship , although i understand 🤣🤣

Aug 3, 2022 12:17 AM

Mar 2022
phoenixblad3 said:
just what the hell is this censorship , although i understand 🤣🤣

💀 censorship sucks

Aug 3, 2022 1:23 AM

Nov 2021
Hey, another lost daughter of Vergil
Aug 3, 2022 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
It was a shame that Vermeil was caught off guard like that. Now her being demon is out. I wonder how everyone will react to it.

Also, Lilia isn't hiding her true intentions anymore.

Aug 3, 2022 2:41 AM

May 2018
Vermeil looks so sexy even in her demon form UwU I want her to crush me as painfully as possible yes ^_^
Aug 3, 2022 3:17 AM

Apr 2020
Chris is just like Barbie from Shadows House, nice girl turned jaded boss and woah Rex's egg really is big.

And wth is happening to Obsidian making Vermeil like that, at this point I'm just lost.
Aug 3, 2022 6:22 AM
Feb 2021
I didn’t mind the animation but damn plot of this episode and following is such an L so overused and so boring couldn’t care less ngl
Aug 3, 2022 9:46 AM

Oct 2008
looks like things are getting intense! i like it!
5/5.

N7Grey said:
Hey, another lost daughter of Vergil

except the difference is her movement slashes are lame! and she has a sword not the katana-like Yamato... but at least she also has whiteish beige color hair as opposed to Vergil whiteish-gray-blue faint color...but hey not that i complain! her char design is hot for me + HanaKana!
matias067Aug 3, 2022 9:53 AM

Aug 3, 2022 11:26 PM
Jul 2022
I'm sure, Professor's after something fishy. Although, I hope the students council figures it out before it’s too late.
For now, Vermeil is going berserk becouse of that professors injection. Let's see how Alto get control over Vermeil-san this time.

I'm so looking forward to the next episode. Hope we enjoy it all!
Aug 3, 2022 11:29 PM
Jul 2022
fisty123 said:
For me just once I would have liked this one to not take the common path of the evil teacher forces a power to make a main character go out of control.
The whole episode I am sitting here going oh great can see where this is going and then as soon as she decides to take a walk by herself I was almost ready to stop watching it.

Was not a fan of this episode compared to the rest thus far.

You're right. I was also expecting that was gonna happen.
But after-all, this is just a story. Let's see where it goes. I'm not that much excited though, but looking forward to the next episodes.
Let's hope for the best...
Aug 4, 2022 2:58 AM
Dec 2019
My problem with this anime is the animation. It's so bad that it makes me lose interest in watching it. I'd rather stick to the manga and forget that the anime version exists.
Aug 4, 2022 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
Is it serious that Vermeil got caught up in this? How pathetic, I hate it when the story boils down to "it happened, accept it, your problem"

And no comment about the close-ups on the president's ass with a senseless mood.
Aug 4, 2022 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
why so easy caught vermeil san like that LOL

atleast we got emilia with a sword..
Aug 4, 2022 11:41 PM

May 2019
Yeah I'm also surprised that Vermeil was so easily caught off guard, like come on! At least we got to see ultra thirsty cleavage showing Lilia trying to undress Alto LOL! And we got a sneak peak of Elena's pantsu when she was charging towards Vermeil after Vermeil was injected. It's a shame that Vermeil's ultra demon form was covered up, maybe if there had been an AT-X version we would've seen her boobs? Oh well, hopefully Alto is able to calm/save Vermeil in the next episode.
Aug 5, 2022 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
Ologracz2 said:
Chris is such a bitch. I don't get why Rex was nice to her in previous ep. I enjoyed her getting her ass kicked.
Lilia is kinda funny, but at the same time, she's getting creepy. It's pretty clear that mc will choose vermeil, unless she dies at some point, so her existence is pointless. But tropes must be included, don't they?

I actually chukled when vermeil got injected. For such a high level demon, that send a real threat seconds ago, she got taken down like a bitch. It's also obvious that mc cares about the mess obsidian is causing, so why would she not tell alto about it? Seems like another stupid idea, basically a plot device. I do wonder, when she gets taken care of, will obsidian get exposed? Or will she still refuse to tell anyone?
I think I will make a turning point, if it happens, I'll drop it. I'm getting less and less patient with shows being created "by the book".

100% agreed, I was like what the fuck is she tearing up for! You sent Rex to the hospital all kinds of wrecked.
I was like kick her ass more and what the hell is she's mad when other people mess with her toys......yikes
Give me some back story, how did she go from nice chick to bitch you wanna kick in just a few years!

Pink haired chick went from ok kinda creepy cute to holy yandere rape time scary. Still kinda funny.

For how low tier they apparently are Vermeil sure got caught easily.

Only thing better would be if Chris got the Healer Hero treatment.....
Collins89Aug 5, 2022 12:05 AM
Aug 5, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2021
I enjoyed the first 4 episodes but that was the definitely worst episode so far. I felt like the animation quality was lower throughout the whole episode but particularly in the fight against Rex and the story went for a rather frustrating cliche.
Aug 5, 2022 7:23 PM
Feb 2022
¿Cómo pudiste hacerle eso a Vermeil profesor desgraciado? Mas te vale no meterlos a Alto y a Ella en problemas. El profesor no puede soportar que un estudiante tenga el poder que el tanto anhela. Salva a Vermeil Alto
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

142 by rohan121 »»
May 6, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

185 by Red_Two »»
Apr 10, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

55 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

140 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jan 31, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Kinsou no Vermeil: Gakeppuchi Majutsushi wa Saikyou no Yakusai to Mahou Sekai wo Tsukisusumu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.