Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 10, 2022 3:22 AM

Oct 2012
Do you also get melancholic on sundays? I'm sure many people do. The feeling of knowing you'll have to get back to work/school the next day. A quiet end of the week with not much to do except laundry and other monotonous tasks. The shops are closed (where I live) and not many people are outside except for old people taking walks.

Do you have any strategies to make a sunday feel less pensive? What activities do you usually do on sundays?
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jul 10, 2022 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
I thought it was Wednesday. Thanks for the reminder. o.o
Jul 10, 2022 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
I had it sometimes, but I also like my current job, so I'm not sad about going back to work either. Also I work part times, so it depends if I have to work on Monday.

I either meet up with people, or I read or watch something, or spend extra time on my cats.
Jul 10, 2022 3:33 AM

Feb 2020
I've had so much free time that Sunday feels like any other day tbh. And very often I forget which day of the week it is lol. On Sundays I watch F1 on TV if it's on that weekend, or I visit some Heritage Railways or Model Engineering Societies... Like I'm doing today actually!
Jul 10, 2022 3:34 AM

Mar 2021
I work 6 / 7 days per week so no. Only problem is I can't always make it to church. Like today I am going to work soon and church service is on right now. My fiancee is watching the livestream in the livingroom.
Jul 10, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
I used to get Sunday sadness like crazy when I was younger, would feel so depressed. It’s not an issue anymore though.
Jul 10, 2022 4:44 AM

Sep 2010
No, Sunday is the best day of the week because I can do anything I want freely without anyone disturbing me. If your job/school is really that bad that it even influences your Sunday you should think about some change in your life OP.
Jul 10, 2022 5:06 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Sunday is gloomy~

Hmmm. I don't become melancholy on Sundays. Actually, I know it's called the "weekend", but I consider Sunday to be the beginning of a new week (because the US calendar says so). In that way, it becomes a day of preparation for the rest of the week instead of a day of rest.

Anyway, while I work hard to finish any homework before Sunday comes, I might finish up any homework on Sundays. Otherwise, I use Sunday to hang out with people or just do fun things since a lot of people tend to be off on that day. Like, when Kuroko no Basuke was popular, me and a buddy used to go shoot hoops on Sundays or go to the last day of certain cons since Sunday ticket prices tend to be cheaper. Even when I was working full time, I was usually okay with working Sundays since they were relatively slow. Kinda nice.
At the same time, I'm also fine just spending time alone, so Sunday is also a day I get to just recharge right now.
I dunno. Sundays are okay for me at least. Sorry that Sundays are gloomy for you though.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 10, 2022 5:11 AM

Mar 2008
Sure and every day of the week just about. I can barely tell days apart. It’s Sundays and Mondays that bother me just because it means the whole week went by very quickly to me and I feel panicked how fast I lose hours, days, weeks, months, years....I don’t even have the excuse of going for a walk down my long driveway to get the mail because there is none on Sundays.
Jul 10, 2022 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
Sure and every day of the week just about. I can barely tell days apart. It’s Sundays and Mondays that bother me just because it means the whole week went by very quickly to me and I feel panicked how fast I lose hours, days, weeks, months, years....I don’t even have the excuse of going for a walk down my long driveway to get the mail because there is none on Sundays.

You live so much in your head reality is merely a passing dream. Incredible. I envy you.
Jul 10, 2022 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
-Kokomi- said:
traed said:

You live so much in your head reality is merely a passing dream. Incredible. I envy you.

More like a nightmare and it’s like that in my head to. I don’t get the enjoyment of losing touch with reality.
Jul 10, 2022 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
traed said:
-Kokomi- said:

More like a nightmare and it’s like that in my head to. I don’t get the enjoyment of losing touch with reality.

I didn't expect that response. I sincerely hope that your mind takes a turn toward the positive. There's a lot of beauty in life, once you get past the painful truth that everything revolves around money and most people have no idea how to interact with other people (myself included).
removed-userJul 10, 2022 9:17 PM
Jul 10, 2022 1:00 PM

Mar 2022
Sunday is the day I typically have the worst anxiety, so to combat that I just read something 📗

春雨や ものがたりゆく 蓑と傘
Jul 10, 2022 3:04 PM

Jun 2019
It is usually my day off from work, so I do not get sunday melancholy. I get sunday euphoria.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 10, 2022 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
I still get Sunday Sadness because it likely means there's school the next day. But then I remember there are bigger problems to worry about.
Jul 10, 2022 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
Life sucks, man. Life sucks. When are we gonna do something about it?
themanualreader@proton.me

More topics from this board

» What is the point of forums?

cosmosreceiver - 28 minutes ago

5 by elgatosaika »»
32 seconds ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - May 3

36 by Auron_ »»
4 minutes ago

» do you eat to live or live to eat?

707supremacist - May 4

19 by vasipi4946 »»
8 minutes ago

» is blocking users a admitance of cowardice? ( 1 2 )

vasipi4946 - May 2

51 by Fabrunette »»
20 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

47 by Absurdo_N »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.