Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 30, 2022 6:19 PM

Aug 2019
Amazing like always
GyusziMar 30, 2022 6:23 PM
Apr 2, 2022 2:07 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
And thus life goes on~

This OVA was certainly not the greatest but I am not complainin gas long as I het to see my favorite girls again~

Hopefully, this is not the last we see of NNB.

7/10 for the OVA.

9/10 for the franchise. This is standing toe to toe with Natsume Yuujinchou and Aria in terms of soul healing prowess.
SgtBateMan said:
Same reception like that of Nonstop: good to know, yet unnecessary, even with its best story of the candy shopkeeper. As the closer of the franchise, it was going nowhere.
Because that job was fantastically finished by the final episodes of the main TV series. This was not a "closure" but more of an extra serving.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 3, 2022 12:15 AM

Nov 2019
cchigu said:
Because that job was fantastically finished by the final episodes of the main TV series.

Nonstop is just a bunch of much weaker stories that was either skipped in previous adaptations, or used as a stalling device, so as to insert 2 underdeveloped characters. Therefore, in comparison to the cohesion between Non Non Biyori and Repeat, it looks... out of place. The farewell ceremony for the Koshigaya elder, or the start of a new school year, is hence, unnecessary.

This was not a "closure" but more of an extra serving.

I was too full for another serving of Nonstop dessert.
SgtBateManApr 3, 2022 4:15 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 3, 2022 11:32 AM

May 2015
I need a prequel series focusing on Kaede and baby Renge, seeing these two together always warms my heart.

Edit: I forgot to ask this, does anybody know what that "うんにょり" written next to Natsumi at 4:43 meant?
El-MelloiApr 3, 2022 11:41 AM
Apr 6, 2022 4:04 AM

Aug 2018
I love how they brought everyone (not really) into this episode, do you think there will be season 4?

El-Melloi said:
I need a prequel series focusing on Kaede and baby Renge, seeing these two together always warms my heart.

Edit: I forgot to ask this, does anybody know what that "うんにょり" written next to Natsumi at 4:43 meant?

In my sub it translates "frown".
ApakabarApr 6, 2022 4:08 AM
Apr 7, 2022 2:44 PM

Feb 2014
Dagashiya always wins it up for me with her Renge plays. Man they are the cutest duo.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 13, 2022 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
Kaede loves Renge too much to not do some stuff that she likes.. ;P
Kaede and Renge are one of the best part in the anime.. Their scenes together are nice.. ;P
Apr 17, 2022 1:03 PM
Dec 2019
Why series like this doesn't have hundreds of episode 😭
Apr 24, 2022 11:24 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
“This is the end for now.”
Thank you Atto & SilverLink for 12.5 years of wonderfully comfy happiness 😊 Just don’t keep us waiting for too long, please 😉

“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 30, 2022 7:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a fantastic OVA, it even works like a final episode on its own. The opening visuals here being a mashup of all three was very nice, and the homework bit was a great way to start the episode, Shiori really is part of the gang now, so glad to see this OVA takes place after Nonstop ends. Then the badminton was pretty great, Kaede/Candy Store as the coach is awesome but Natsumi realized how good she is lol.

Then we were blessed with another wholesome baby Renge and Kaede flashback, definitely can’t get enough of those and this one was just as great as the others, Kaede tearing up after Renge drew her was super sweet. And lastly we got see everyone at their respective homes, I especially loved that we got a callback to the vacation movie with Natsumi talking to Aoi on over the phone, that was honestly a perfect place to end on. And then after the credits we’re met with “This is the end for now” which slightly gives me hope for a new season or at least an OVA, but once again this worked perfectly as a finale on its own. Still tho, I’m glad to have a little hope, and seeing them wave goodbye for what might be the final time really got me.

That was a perfect little OVA, a great follow-up to the end of Nonstop and a great stopping point for the series as of now. I said in my final episode post and I’ll say it again here, this is hands down one of my favorite SoL series/anime series in general, and this OVA increased that feeling.
Jun 7, 2022 8:43 PM

Feb 2014
Always hard to rate some OVAs cause it was as if I always needed more to give a fair score.

But, my feelings are of "this was a solid good OVA; no more no less".

7/10

Until next time! I hope ^~^
Aug 4, 2022 8:20 AM
Oct 2021
so this is the end of non non biyori huh.. well for me this is one of the best for genre slice of life anime. this anime such a masterpiece. thanks for this wonderful 3 seasons and a movie. definitely underated anime. I LOVE IT ❤️
Oct 5, 2022 10:11 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah, it would be great to meet again one day.
Dec 22, 2022 12:11 AM

Aug 2019
that was so good. i was expecting this to focus on shiori but we got more candy store and renge backstory which made me almost tear up i love that pair i absolutely love that candy store was the person to get renge into art and again candy store couldnt refuse renges request though who could?  the last line feels like a message to us viewers.  this has become one of my absolutely favorite anime of all time its so sad to see it go

HiljainenSipuliDec 22, 2022 12:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2023 10:36 PM

May 2022
finally watching this, it was very bittersweet for me, but i missed the girls and their adventures!

i also missed the way this anime handles their comedic timing, it's probably one of my favorite things about it. also love how candy store can't say no to renge c:
Feb 14, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
A was expected, so Renge's first words were "Daga" for Dagashiya, cute. Her backstory with Kaede is always wholesome. Guess that's it for now, it was a great ride. Thank you Ren-chon!
Feb 21, 2023 10:26 PM

May 2014
What an absolute treasure of a series. Watched the first season nearly 8 years ago, can't believe it's been so many years. These characters will always stick with me, I almost can't wait to go and rewatch it all from the beginning. Only for me to then get to the end again and have the emptiness return. Hopefully by then we're lucky enough for even more to get made. One can only wish...
Mar 1, 2023 11:33 PM

Nov 2020
I can't believe I almost missed this! I just happened to be reorganizing my anime list and happened to look at the page for Non Non Biyori Nonstop and saw it had an OVA come out last year. I'm so glad I did notice it though, this was such a great extra ending.

While it was pretty simple, I think that's perfect for the spirit of Non Non Biyori. This was one of the first anime that I watched that introduced me to anime in general and especially the slice of life genre, so it's bittersweet to see it end (at least for now, though I doubt more will release seeing as everything from the manga has been adapted). The scene with Candy Store and baby Renge definitely made me tear up, and by the end I was full on crying since this was such a sweet ending to the journey that was NNB, even if it wasn't particularly sad. Great OVA, and especially a great series.
Jun 21, 2023 2:13 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"This is the end"....... "for now". - this gives me hope. But it's been a good run. I'm thankful for all that we've gotten from this wonderful series.

Having watched this over a year after it was released, and over 2 years since Nonstop, I had forgotten how much I love this anime, all the characters, and just the shenanigans they get up to. It always succeeds every now and then in making me want to cry in a way unique to this show. Low-key this one ova gave me a bit of post-anime depression, just from the thought of probably never seeing these guys again. Again, finished the 3rd season over 2 years ago; all this has been put into the back of my memory. But just one little ova has revived so many memories, and now I'm feeling all emotional again. Really gonna miss Non Non Biyori.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 7, 2023 12:37 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I know there's the little tease in the end but I'm not going to get my hopes high. Nevertheless, this felt like a really nice closure to the franchise! More Dagashiya - Renge moments are always welcome, I can never have enough of that, truly. And those precious tears after all that, "I'm not good with kids", and trying to convince Hikage-chan to leave Renge to her care, 10/10. My favourite character in the series, so it was nice to see a chunk of this episode reserved for her. 

Natsumi-chan never finished her homework, we all probably where that would normally get her, lol. Jokes aside, it was really nice to see the team tie up the character from the movie on the phone there, just makes the conclusion all the more well-rounded, imo. Doesn't feel like there are any gaps to fill in now either. Badminton practice stemming from that idea though, that's beautiful!

Not going to lie, definitely feeling emotional now, this has been such a wonderful series. Easily up there in the top three of the genre for me! Nyanpasu and a massive thank you to everyone involved in the making of this series ~ 

I'm off to listen to Yabure Kabure until whenever sleep gets the better of me now...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 5, 11:23 PM
Nov 2019
is this really the end :(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» YES!

BallisticRiot - Aug 5, 2021

9 by GHOST5523 »»
Mar 24, 2022 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.