Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2022 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
IsimpEren said:
TheDevastator said:

No Eren acted as a villian but he was actually working to free the world from titans. Exactly the same case with Lelouch. He acted as an evil, tyrannical emperor but it was actually to create a peaceful future for everyone after his death.
No actually. Eren did the rumbling for his childish view of freedom. In the end he did switch up his goal eradicating titans. But he himself said that he would flatten the world even if they didn't stop him. Meanwhile Lelouch committed atrocious acts and focused the world's hatred on him. Like muller (the marleyan commander) said, eren was returning their hatred to them.
Well that's how it's meant to be, but the ending twisted that. According to it, it had been Eren's plan all along to let himself get killed at the end.
Mar 16, 2022 10:15 AM
Feb 2021
Aastik_V said:
TheDevastator said:

No Eren acted as a villian but he was actually working to free the world from titans. Exactly the same case with Lelouch. He acted as an evil, tyrannical emperor but it was actually to create a peaceful future for everyone after his death.

so why even in the monologue he talked like he actually wanted to kill everyone and was being a selfish cunt . I can't believe isayama made him a man who wants to unite the world after he said thousand times that he just wants to be free and want to live with freedom. if he was acting like an edge lord then at least show that side in his inner monologuing but no
the ending is totally changed isayama is a man with big ideas he can't actually write something so contradictory
Exactly , if he wanted Eren to turn out like that at the end, he should have showed the viewers through the inner monologuing. That's where code Geass excelled at.
Mar 16, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2021
TheDevastator said:
IsimpEren said:
No actually. Eren did the rumbling for his childish view of freedom. In the end he did switch up his goal eradicating titans. But he himself said that he would flatten the world even if they didn't stop him. Meanwhile Lelouch committed atrocious acts and focused the world's hatred on him. Like muller (the marleyan commander) said, eren was returning their hatred to them.
Well that's how it's meant to be, but the ending twisted that. According to it, it had been Eren's plan all along to let himself get killed at the end.
not exactly. He knew that he would be killed of in the end when he unlocked the full power of the founder. He just let fate take place in the end as it was a good outcome in the end. He didn't plan anything.
Mar 16, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
@Xilver Said it all. The ending for me was absolutely on the level of dog shit.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 16, 2022 10:46 AM
Dec 2020
The ending is flawed but Ok( barring the extra pages). Not great.
But not bad as many people made it out to be.

It more or less concludes the themes and narrative it was exploring. But does it in a very underwhelming way.
Also the Ymir amd King Fritz thing was very unnecessary.

So if the manga ending(barring the extra pages) is adapted as it is.
The ending to AoT will definitely be flawed and underwhelming. But it will make sense with the story that came before it. And it will have a sense of completion, unlike GoT's ending with which a lot of people like to compare this.

Now if the extra pages are included. Then atleast for me, everything turns on it's head. Because the extra pages have zero context. And completely undo everything the last arc was about, and everything that the Alliance fought for and Eren sacrificed himself for.
And basically does away with the themes explored in Children of the Forest, implying that no matter what we do the Cycle of Hatred will never stop amd one side will always end up destroyed.
Which is the reason that the Yeagerists use the extra pages as the biggest point to support their argument.

So that was Isayama just shooting himself in the foot for no reason.

So in my opinion. Without the extra pages, the ending is a flawed but still serviceable ending. And solid 6-7/10.

With the extra pages the ending drops to about a 3 for me.
Fuhrer_WrathMar 16, 2022 11:06 AM
Mar 16, 2022 11:15 AM

Feb 2020
It's not bad but it's not the best. Also post this in the manga section.
Mar 16, 2022 11:19 AM
Feb 2017
ending good something didnt understand story something something chadren self insert some anr bad thing
It's Aiko!!!!
Mar 16, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2015
Definitely one of the worst endings in history of fiction.
Mar 16, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2020
Manga subforums exists for a reason.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 16, 2022 11:40 AM
Sep 2018
@Xilver

Most of your points are logical and valid and you will not find any of the ending defenders counter those points.

As for the logistics reasoning regarding rumbling you gave, I think you are not right there. Yes Eren is still in Africa but still the from the point where Rumbling began to the place where Final battle took place both are around ~ 7600 km from each other while the max distance we were shown rumbling reached was around 11500 km from starting point.
I worked out these distances and calculated approx. speed of rumbling in this thread.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1903581
And in my opinion it is entirely possible for the rumbling to have that much difference in the distance it covered in same time.

Also, regarding Eren being turned into slave of fate, idk if you liked the twist of Eren manipulating Grisha into Killing the royal family, but the moment we were shown this was the moment that sealed the fact the Eren in fact was a slave to the fate, a slave to an outcome he can not change no matter what. That's what made him even more tragic and perhaps little more justified in the decision he took. Most people absolutely loved this twist and the fact that Eren manipulated Grisha creating a causal loop. I don't know if they realized it or not at that time itself but this guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/d1q0v9/manga_spoilers_the_complete_guide_to_chapter_121/) which perfectly explained this chapter and the form of time travel stuff used in AOT and its implications, but when in the last it was revealed Eren was in fact a slave to a predetermined fate all people were somehow suddenly turned off and are against it? Like you were rooting for Eren more than ever when he forced Grisha into doing something what already happened, which made it obvious and clear as heck that Eren is a slave to the future (This point is not direct to you).
I also didn't like the fact that Eren was turned into a slave of Ymir's out of no where introduced unrequited love story which not only cheapened and completely retconned both Eren and Ymir in 122 but doesn't make sense in the story itself as it was brought literally out of no where.
But Eren and Ymir both being slave to fate was more feasible and logical for me and I don't think that is weak writing or cheapened Eren in any way. There were many indications throughout post time skip which can be considered as Eren trying to know if the future he saw manifests into reality or perhaps he even tried to change it but seeing and saving Ramzi was perhaps the last nail in the coffin which sealed it even for Eren and he realized that he can't change the future he saw which turned him into the chad Eren as we know it. Because before that, Eren still knowing the future acted nicely with his friends.

Also, I do disagree on Eren's motivation being only detitanization. Eren's motivation was saving his friends, saving Paradis island, detitanization, him realizing that future is set in stone and even more importantly his twisted idea of freedom, he very clearly mentions that he is doing rumbling for himself as the world was not what he wanted it to be. So Eren had multiple conflicting and contradicting motivations, you can't point out any one point being as prime driving point for full rumbling.

Anyway, very nicely articulated post which very clearly indicates many of the major problems I also had and potholes of the ending very clearly had and idk how people can digest all that. And while for me things started going downhill from 135 onward I still think if only 139 is fixed it can improve the ending to good extent.
zerotitanMar 16, 2022 12:42 PM
Mar 16, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2021
LiterallyHou said:
>Writes all this shit
>Literally accomplishes nothing but confirm the opinions of the handful of recognizable forum posters on this thread who orbit a series that violated them, because almost no one else is going to read his spiel.

Basedman. Would ironically updoot you if I could since you did this all on a forum site that doesn't even support forum post reactions.

I wrote virtually all of that at different times in various places. In a response to people that kept asking me why i despise the ending, i just copied-and-pasted here, it's not one single post originally, but i didn't even need to write connecting lines really, because i stayed consistent throughout. Technically i could copypaste far more than that, because i had numerous blogpost arguments throughout the year after the ending, but that would make it 10x longer. And i thought that was enough.
As for why i spent so much time arguing about this series, it's quite simple, i used to love it. This used to be one of my favorite works of fiction.
Mar 16, 2022 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
TheDevastator said:
Aastik_V said:

so why even in the monologue he talked like he actually wanted to kill everyone and was being a selfish cunt . I can't believe isayama made him a man who wants to unite the world after he said thousand times that he just wants to be free and want to live with freedom. if he was acting like an edge lord then at least show that side in his inner monologuing but no
the ending is totally changed isayama is a man with big ideas he can't actually write something so contradictory
Exactly , if he wanted Eren to turn out like that at the end, he should have showed the viewers through the inner monologuing. That's where code Geass excelled at.
at least dont show eren saying shit like " the only way to end this cycle is to bury the year long of civilisation " and " i will kill everyone , every single one of those animals that live beyond the walls" , " i move forward because i was born into this world "
in the whole fucking manga it was never even hinted that eren might pull a lelouch , he even said that humans coming together against a single foe is bollocks and thats what he did . its like he is thinking to himself that he has to carry on the facade even when he is talking to himself because apparently he is the main character of the series and readers should not know what he is thinking so he is thinking all the false things
everyone waited so many chapters to know eren's conclusion and in the end it was " you can live long lives because i killed the eighty percent of world " and armin i believe you that u will bring peace.
the man who was so cruel and so blinded by his selfish goal is now actually a good man and receiving praises like " thanks for becoming a mass murderer for our sake " and ofc " what a man he is ".
isayama such a great writer who foreshadowed/hinted basically most of the plot point , suddenly gave us this weird ending
Mar 16, 2022 12:19 PM

Nov 2020
Oh wow, this post turned into something.......
it seems everyone from r/titanfolk is here
Mar 16, 2022 12:24 PM
Aug 2020
Honestly I think a large part of it was the fact that chapters were released monthly so there was a lot more hype building up because of the larger gap than most manga. I’d recommend anyone who didn’t like it that much originally to go back and read everything again when they have enough time. I originally wasn’t a fan of the ending but after a reread of the manga it makes complete sense the way it ended
Mar 16, 2022 12:24 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
It's one of the worst endings that I've seen since Mass Effect 3.
I really hope they go anime original.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Mar 16, 2022 12:27 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pio_neer said:
Oh wow, this post turned into something.......
it seems everyone from r/titanfolk is here
>Implying that only people from Titanfolk hates the ending
Mar 16, 2022 12:45 PM

Feb 2021
zerotitan said:
As for the logistics reasoning regarding rumbling you gave, I think you are not right there. Yes Eren is still in Africa but still the from the point where Rumbling began to the place where Final battle took place both are around .............
And in my opinion it is entirely possible for the rumbling to have that much difference in the distance it covered in same time.

Hmm, i'm assuming titans move far faster on land compared needing to swim, and the distance between paradis and africa is short enough for them to quickly get to the continent and then move full speed. But it would make sense that Eren sent his titans 360 degrees, and those who needed to reach America and Australia would be much slower, considering they would need to overcome Atlantic and Indian oceans. Also i'm not sure why and how much slower Eren is himself considering he initially reached "Africa" at the same time as the colossals.
But maybe you're right, i don't know, i haven't done the exact calculations comparing it to the real world like you have. The problem with that would be the fact we cannot really be sure that it's exactly the same scale as the real world, it cannot be an objective criticism. So you have to judge in-universe, and Eren was still in "Africa", so i assumed that his titans couldn't have been too further away. Maybe a bad assumption on my part, maybe not. I, one way or another don't want to get stuck on this point.

Also, regarding Eren being turned into slave of fate, idk if you liked the twist of Eren manipulating Grisha into Killing the royal family, but the moment we were shown this was the moment that sealed the fact the Eren in fact was a slave to the fate, a slave to an outcome he can not change no matter what. That's what made him even more tragic and perhaps little more justified in the decision he took. Most people absolutely loved this twist and the fact that Eren manipulated Grisha creating a causal loop. I don't know if they realized it or not at that time itself but this guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/d1q0v9/manga_spoilers_the_complete_guide_to_chapter_121/) which perfectly explained this chapter and the form of time travel stuff used in AOT and its implications, but when in the last it was revealed Eren was in fact a slave to a predetermined fate all people were somehow suddenly turned off and are against it? Like you were rooting for Eren more than ever when he forced Grisha into doing something what already happened, which made it obvious and clear as heck that Eren is a slave to the future (This point is not direct to you).
I also didn't like the fact that Eren was turned into a slave of Ymir's out of no where introduced unrequited love story which not only cheapened and completely retconned both Eren and Ymir in 122 but doesn't make sense in the story itself as it was brought literally out of no where.
But Eren and Ymir both being slave to fate was more feasible and logical for me and I don't think that is weak writing or cheapened Eren in any way. There were many indications throughout post time skip which can be considered as Eren trying to know if the future he saw manifests into reality or perhaps he even tried to change it but seeing and saving Ramzi was perhaps the last nail in the coffin which sealed it even for Eren and he realized that he can't change the future he saw which turned him into the chad Eren as we know it. Because before that, Eren still knowing the future acted nicely with his friends.

The difference perhaps is the presentation. The idea of things being set in stone has been established long ago, but it didn't feel like Eren was a slave that was being controlled by the fate or Ymir. It felt like he was still in control of his own fate, furthermore it felt like he took control of his own fate. In other words everything was set in stone because Eren was Eren, and he would never back down, never stop struggling. It felt like attacking titan is attacking titan BECAUSE of Eren, his influence on time was so strong that it dictated the entire attacking titan generations, that quality attacking titan had, the characteristic of never giving up no matter what and when, which was first verbalized by Eren Kruger wasn't anything innate about the titan, it was always the fact that Eren Yeager is part of that inheritance.
The picture that was being drawn there was of a protagonist that we followed since his childhood growing up and taking his life in his own hands. That is something many people will identify with. It is inspiring. I don't like how he was dubbed as chadren, i think it's a memey way to describe his growth. He matured, and became a man. A leader to follow, a human to admire, a man to love. Conflicted but determined. And above all, Free, free to fight, free to love, free to live, free to challenge the entire world that tried to deny all of that to him.
I'm sure you've seen the meme of him telling hallucigenia to keep moving forward and get out of the sea, basically keep evolving.
Eren didn't feel like the slave of fate, he felt like the fate itself.

From narrative standpoint he was the antithesis of Karl Frtiz. If Karl Fritz with his ideology influenced the entire royal bloodline after him, Eren with his ideology has been influencing the entire attacking titan line that came before him. His and Karl's ideology stood in such stark opposition.
But i can no longer say that after 139, after 139 he feels quite similar to Karl. And that is such a shame. Such a letdown.
His character progression has been betrayed to put him on the same page with his friends, the alliance. To a point that i would call it character assassination, i think he was way past of what happened in 139 as a character. 139 sort of pretended that the cave scene with Historia didn't happen. But that's a different conversation altogether.

Also, I do disagree on Eren's motivation being only detitanization. Eren's motivation was saving his friends, saving Paradis island, detitanization, him realizing that future is set in stone and even more importantly his twisted idea of freedom, he very clearly mentions that he is doing rumbling for himself as the world was not what he wanted it to be. So Eren had multiple conflicting and contradicting motivations, you can't point out any one point being as prime driving point for full rumbling.

I didn't say motivations, when talking about motivations you have a cocktail of things you really shouldn't ever mix. I've spoken about that plenty in here. I specifically said the plan, Eren said he kept moving forward because that's the future he saw, detitanization. And that created a lot of problems, a lot of things don't make much sense if we're to take that as a fact, that why i brought up detitanization in the first place. It renders a lot of things meaningless in the series, logistically and narratively.
XilverMar 16, 2022 1:10 PM
Mar 16, 2022 12:52 PM

Dec 2020
FALSE_G0D said:
Ah yes, yet another poll where the majority vote goes to those who found the ending simply average to good as opposed to the ending seethers whilst the forum posts themselves consist of said vocal minority screeching about how Isayama put them on suicide watch. You should've made this thread on the manga discussions, OP, not only because that's where all the lowest of the low AoT threads reside but because more of the ending seethers live on that forum board than on this one.

TheFounder131 said:
how to fucking upvote this????

How to updoot this???? Just go back to r/titanfolk circlejerk, redditor.
"just go back to titanfolk" saying as if it is some kind of house and I am living in it lmfao. These type of insults are soo much childish.
You just got butthurted cause the majority of the opinions doesn't agree with you, A childish behaviour.

If someone didn't liked the ending, he/she has to be from titanfolk, like whaat?? this type of logic is giving me brain tumor.

Also Grass is still green to touch.
Mar 16, 2022 1:03 PM
Sep 2018
Xilver said:
zerotitan said:
As for the logistics reasoning regarding rumbling you gave, I think you are not right there. Yes Eren is still in Africa but still the from the point where Rumbling began to the place where Final battle took place both are around .............

Hmm, i'm assuming titans move far faster on land compared needing to swim, and the distance between paradis and africa is short enough for them to quickly get to the continent and then move full speed. But it would make sense that Eren sent his titans 360 degrees, and those who needed to reach America and Australia would be much slower, considering they would need to overcome Atlantic and Indian oceans. Also i'm not sure why and how much slower Eren is himself considering he initially reached "Africa" at the same time as the colossals.
But maybe you're right, i don't know, i haven't done the exact calculations comparing it to the real world like you have. The problem with that would be the fact we cannot really be sure that it's exactly the same scale as the real world, it cannot be an objective criticism. So you have to judge in-universe, and Eren was still in "Africa", so i assumed that his titans couldn't have been too further away. Maybe a bad assumption on my part, maybe not. I, one way or another don't want to get stuck on this point.

The difference perhaps is the presentation. The idea of things being set in stone has been established long ago, but it didn't feel like Eren was a slave that was being controlled by the fate or Ymir. It felt like he was still in control of his own fate, furthermore it felt like he took control of his own fate. In other words everything was set in stone because Eren was Eren, and he would never back down, never stop struggling. It felt like attacking titan is attacking titan BECAUSE of Eren, his influence on time was so strong that it dictated the entire attacking titan generations, that quality attacking titan had, the characteristic of never giving up no matter what and when, which was first verbalized by Eren Kruger wasn't anything innate about the titan, it was always the fact that Eren Yeager is part of that inheritance.
The picture that was being drawn there was of a protagonist that we followed since his childhood growing up and taking his life in his own hands. That is something many people will identify with. It is inspiring. I don't like how he was dubbed as chadren, i think it's a memey way to describe his growth. He matured, and became a man. A leader to follow, a human to admire, a man to love. Conflicted but determined. And above all, Free, free to fight, free to love, free to live, free to challenge the entire world that tried to deny all of that to him.
I'm sure you've seen the meme of him telling hallucigenia to keep moving forward and get out of the sea, basically keep evolving.
Eren didn't feel like the slave of fate, he felt like the fate itself.

From narrative standpoint he was the antithesis of Karl Frtiz. If Karl Fritz with his ideology influenced the entire royal blood generation after him, Eren with his ideology has been influencing the entire attacking titan line that came before him. His and Karl's ideology stood in such stark opposition. But i can no longer say that after 139, after 139 he feels quite similar to Karl. And that is such a shame. Such a letdown.
His character progression has been betrayed to put him on the same page with his friends, the alliance. To a point that i would call it character assassination, i think he was way past of what happened in 139 as a character. 139 sort of pretended that the cave scene with Historia didn't happen. But that's a different conversation honestly.

The thing is Eren being a slave to the per-determined fate which was fixed because of Eren himself doesn't go against anything what you said or what I said. The outcome was fixed because that's what Eren wished for and at the time Eren saw the future he didn't know everything leading up to the future so he could only wonder and be bothered by those future memories trying to perhaps change it which ultimately leads him to the future he saw which again signifies a causal loop of events. Yes Eren determined the fate of which became slave of. That works narrative wise, that also works for his character as well and wouldn't have gone anyway against his character.
I am solely arguing this in favor of Eren being a slave to a future which he himself decided and not decided by Ymir, I know very well how cheap it felt for him to be a slave of future because Ymir decided it which betrays his character and retcons Ymir as well.
Mar 16, 2022 1:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FALSE_G0D said:
TheFounder131 said:
"just go back to titanfolk" saying as if it is some kind of house and I am living in it lmfao. These type of insults are soo much childish.
You just got butthurted cause the majority of the opinions doesn't agree with you, A childish behaviour.

If someone didn't liked the ending, he/she has to be from titanfolk, like whaat?? this type of logic is giving me brain tumor.

Also Grass is still green to touch.

Ok r/titanfolk redditor, whatever helps you cope. I don't know what's funnier, the fact that an r/titanfolk browser is telling others to touch grass or the fact that you're barely literate and trying to come up with a response.
I understand now why people like you get clowned to pieces on there.

You're using a sub-reddit to try and discredit him when in actuality, most if not every single person like you (Whom I'm assuming to be a mindless ending defender) when asked to explain the shitty aspects of this ending, the only thing you guys can say is "You just dont understand the manga" or something as irrelevant and empty as this comment right here lol

Xilver gave you all a little taste of why this ending is dogshit and instead of responding to him with an actual well thought out argument to suggest why its incorrect, you chose to just take a jab at people by accusing them of being apart of a sub-reddit that's actually filled with people with common sense unlike ending defenders such as yourself

If you don't have anything constructive to say or anything to actually credibly add to the discussion at hand, just stfu and move on
TokoyaMar 16, 2022 1:11 PM
Mar 16, 2022 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
The ending is absolute masterpiece, best thing I ever see in manga history yet. I even re read it multiple times to enjoy the mysteries again.

Wait lemme show you my favorite part, I will just check my aot manga....

WAIT WHAT??? There is chapters beyond 90???
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA WRYYYYYYYY
Mar 16, 2022 3:05 PM
Dec 2021
didnt like it,didnt hate it either.i was just like "well,thats it i guess".
dont attack me pls.
Mar 16, 2022 3:35 PM
Mar 2020
It was good, but by aot standards where pretty much episode is epic, it is a pretty considerable free fall.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 16, 2022 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
For me the ending is ch137-139.5 and it's a 7.5 overall, but if you're talking about the final chapter... It was a very bad written chapter
Mar 16, 2022 4:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FALSE_G0D said:
Tokoya said:
I understand now why

Nah, you don't understand anything lol, and that's obvious to the bypassing eye.

Tokoya said:
You're using a sub-reddit to try and discredit him when in actuality, most if not every single person like you (Whom I'm assuming to be a mindless ending defender) when asked to explain the shitty aspects of this ending, the only thing you guys can say is "You just dont understand the manga" or something as irrelevant and empty as this comment right here lol

And indeed, you don't understand the ending too. Seems you've been told this so many times that you're starting to expect it. I don't know what the purpose of your response was since all it did was throw shitty insults at me while telling me to "move on", but I feel the need to state that I don't live on a forum board where I mass-post pseud takes every opportunity I get all whilst under the impression it doesn't in actuality make me look like a double digit IQ sperg to everyone, though. Your talking points have already been systematically dismantled and humiliated on every social media platform and has been pursued back to a notorious circlejerking subreddit where even the mods of that subreddit throw shade at its users (this is how you know it's over, when even reddit mods show pity for you); and you're becoming an increasing (vocal) minority.

Xilver gave you all a little taste of why this ending is dogshit and instead of responding to him with an actual well thought out argument to suggest why its incorrect, you chose to just take a jab at people by accusing them of being apart of a sub-reddit that's actually filled with people with common sense unlike ending defenders such as yourself

Amazing how you said this with a straight face. Absolute 0 self-awareness. Yeah, so sorry I didn't take the time to read his literal 1000 word dissertation on why "ending bad >:(" and write up my own essay breaking down his arguments on the MAL AoT forums, you freak. Clearly, I'm just not invested enough like you are I guess, big brain boy. He definitely seems more intelligent than you though at least, just by seeing the way you type.

If you don't have anything constructive to say or anything to actually credibly add to the discussion at hand, just stfu and move on

Agreed. Your response did nothing but throw shitty insults that lower brain cell count and then tell me to "just stfu and move on" lol. Just keep moving forward and stop posting, please.
If there's ever a post on this forum that's so obviously full of shit, it's this one lol

But okay then, please enlighten me as to how I don't understand the ending and break down how it's good and how it makes sense using actual evidence from the manga and not your own baseless headcanon
Mar 16, 2022 6:07 PM
Nov 2021
I wasn’t a fan of the ending… until someone explained it to me. We all know how many levels and layers there are to this show and that’s why it is so genius and why we have all loved it at some point. So if you’re willing to understand and be open to a new point of view, or even if you liked the ending, please watch this video. The ending has so many layers so even if you think you understand it (like I thought I did) I recommend you watch this

https://youtu.be/H6GmVCD7cxk
Mar 16, 2022 6:10 PM
Nov 2021
Xilver said:
I'm been reading this manga for 9 years, and been discussing it actively, i'm not kind of a person who just enjoys the ride and doesn't think about the story. So over the years, we in active manga community came to a conclusion that FT cannot possibly have the power to control the other great titans, meaning cannot manipulate their memories, because if he could then the great titan war makes no sense, the war because of which Karl Frtiz lost all hope in his empire, after the bloodshed he witnessed in that civil war. That's also why Frieda didn't just erase Grisha's memories during the cave conflict. That rule has to be the case for the lore and the story of the series to make sense, logistically. Then 139 comes out, and we get not only FT being able to manipulate the great titans, but he can also manipulate the memories of Ackermans, meaning Karl Fritz easily could have ended the bloodshed any moment he wanted, and he also could easily made sure to neuter the attack titan, and also the entire thing with Ackermans being persecuted within paradis because their memories couldn't be erased, is a nonsensical bullshit. So Isayama broke two rules, and why did he do that? - For the cheap melodrama with Mikasa, and his friends saying "what a man you are", it has been done to create a scenario in which Eren can make up with his friends. That to me is a case of an extremely weak writing. Add that to the fact that he robbed Eren of his character agency in attempt of absolving Eren of his sins, and the ending just feels like a complete cop-out. The way i see it determinism exists in a poor attempt of Isayama trying to make sense of the story by claiming that everything effectively happened because it was destined to happen, to tie up the loose ends. Also a case of extremely weak writing. If he didn't have the balls to go all the way, then he shouldn't have drawn the rumbling in the first place, and post-time-skip Eren pre-138 shouldn't even exist.

The ending reveals that Eren's plan was detitanization, the future he saw. Which means the entirety of Marley arc and Revolution arc have no basis. And Eren didn't need to play 4d chess with Zeke in order to activate the rumbling. He could have just used Historia, she would detitanize anyway, there was no sacrifice. And even if there was sacrifice who cares, why was Eren ready to sacrifice the rest of his friends but not Historia, it makes no sense. None of it makes any sense.
The ending reveals that for 2000 years a loli goddess couldn't find another girl that really loved a guy. Something that is absolutely absurd at face value and needs no further explanation.

And don't even get me started how it completely contradicts 122, which depicted how Eren frees Ymir and says "you were waiting for me all this time, weren't you?". And it's not like Eren was delusional. The chapter itself clearly depicted everything in such a way. Go reread it and see the face Ymir makes, it makes no fucking sense from narrative standpoint.

Literally none of the post time skip shit needed to happen. Marley was completely pointless. Revolution was completely pointless. The Yeagerist stuff was completely pointless. The Yelena stuff was completely pointless. Fucking Falco somehow became the fucking beast titan for 0 fucking reason and learned to fucking fly. It makes ZERO sense. The fucking silliness of Ymir resurrecting all the past titans with their silly designs that just don't fit in the context of the final battle, of the culmination of a series that was taking onto itself very serious themes and discussions. It was more like out of a marvel movie.
So what do we have at the end here:
-Eren's character assassinated and turned into the slave of Ymir/Fate with fried brains, that actually wanted to flee from his own war and seclude himself in his own walls, that's why people started calling him Karl Yeager, or Eren Fritz.
-Mikasa, a one-dimensional character that was not properly developed since season 1 turned into the centerpiece of the entire story. A weight her character had no ability to carry whatsoever
-Numerous plot contrivances and straight up plot holes. Falco suddenly turns into the Beast titan and learns to fly. Characters just happen to be exactly where they are needed for the plot. Alliance charges in into heavily controlled enemy territory and gets out with ZERO casualties. The founding titan suddenly can manipulate the memories of other great titans and Ackermans, rendering the entirety of the lore and the history of the series into nonsense. Rumbling making no logisitcal sense when it comes to time-frame and the scale, Eren himself was still in Africa.
-Nonsensical story-lines that go nowhere, like the pregnancy, which literally is a plot hole with the dates and her lying about when she got pregnant and complete nonsense on how it was needed for the plan.
-Eren's motivations and decisions make no sense with 139 revelations, and retrospectively make both Zeke's plan and Kiyomi's plan much better alternatives, both of which he rejected because muh Historia, even though he didn't give any real shit about her, and lied to her and didn't even bother to send a farewell message to let her know that he fucking lied to her.
-Characters literally disappear and written off the story, like Yelena, god knows why she existed, god knows what she did, and god knows what happened to her.
-Ymir, literally everything about her.

I can keep going, and long. But i think Eren's "I kept moving forward so that Mikasa kills me" settles it. Completely ruined narrative.

Man I feel that. I really recommend this video tho cause it explains wrens true goal and the motives and all that stuff. I know it’s a long video but I recommend it man- have a good one!

Mar 16, 2022 7:31 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
it's pretty bad but I have been following for so long that meh
could be better.
Mar 16, 2022 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
gavinweb said:
I wasn’t a fan of the ending… until someone explained it to me. We all know how many levels and layers there are to this show and that’s why it is so genius and why we have all loved it at some point. So if you’re willing to understand and be open to a new point of view, or even if you liked the ending, please watch this video. The ending has so many layers so even if you think you understand it (like I thought I did) I recommend you watch this

I don't think anyones opinion will change after seeing this video. Some have written longggg essays to shit/kiss this ending and obviously by watching a video they won't just say ok I was a stupid guy writing all that. And arguments about the ending are even more pointless than this
Mar 16, 2022 9:28 PM
Nov 2021
Ichigo_Uzumaki57 said:
TheGoldenCatch said:
No it was pretty good. Not perfect but it nailed down the overall ideas pretty well. The thing that needs to be improved is just some of the pacing towards the very end which can be achieved with the anime

Do u think it kinda copied code geasses ending

it didn’t copy the ending code geass isn’t the only anime where the mc dies
Mar 17, 2022 12:54 AM
Mar 2021
Fumbling, Fumbling, it's coming!
Fumbling, Fumbling!
Beware!
Coming for you!
All I ever wanted to do was open an onsen
I never wanted to create fanbase toxin, I swear
All I ever wanted to do was make a lot of yen
I never wanted to pick up a pen, I swear
Mar 17, 2022 1:05 AM
May 2021
Yes its really bad the writer did Eren dirty anyway 😤 Eren deserves a better ending he could have let zeke get yimir and kill both of them...but #$?!%&@*
Mar 17, 2022 2:56 AM
Jan 2021
jombooo said:
Ichigo_Uzumaki57 said:

Do u think it kinda copied code geasses ending

it didn’t copy the ending code geass isn’t the only anime where the mc dies
code geass is the only anime where the MC pretends to be a villian and let his childhood friend kill him so that everyone will believe in that childhood friend and the conflict will end. Isayama just copied the goal of lelouch and changed the rest
Mar 17, 2022 3:02 AM
Jan 2021
titankiller565 said:
Ichigo_Uzumaki57 said:
Guys do u think the ending of aot is that bad

No actually, I feel that the ending of aot is actually pretty good and does make alot of sense, contrary to popular opinion.
only thing that makes sense in additional chapters. Rest all were plot holes
Mar 17, 2022 3:19 AM
Jun 2015
Ending was ok, but didn't live up to the hype and greatness the overall series was. Unfortunately.
It also was incredibly predictable.
Would rate the ending itself a 6.5/10, the extra 8 pages made it a little bit worse than the original magazine ending.
Let's see how MAPPA adaptes it, they have the chance to make it look better than it is!
Mar 17, 2022 5:06 AM
Jul 2019
Do you guys think berthold’s memories was affecting Armin’s actions/mind

I think so, because:

1. He visits Annie only after getting the titan
2. He risks his life to save the enemy
2.1 He is concerned about Reiner and the cart’s feeling when they suggest Falco be eaten by Pixis or Connie’s mom (before he kills pixis he says they would not be where they are without him, but would not save him when there is am opportunity)
This is also a few moments after he and Mikasa tried to kill the cart

2.2 He knows he needs to lead Eldians oneday (him being saved instead of the commander) but he recklessly wanted to let Connie’s mom eat him.

2.3 he would act more confident when coming up with plans to deal with the enemy, but now he is more concerned about the enemy well being.
Mar 17, 2022 5:13 AM
Sep 2013
It was amazing, period

Here in Spain we have a phrase for those who says otherwise

"Honey is not made for the tongue of the donkey"
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Mar 17, 2022 5:34 AM

Sep 2014
I couldn't possibly conceive of a worse resolution than that. Not the outcome (Eren dying and a sort of temporary peace/armistice between the island and the world) which you could see from miles away, but the way the story was resolved was particularly bad. The whole chapter 139, additional pages included, was insulting.
majinaleMar 17, 2022 5:51 AM
Mar 17, 2022 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
My biggest issue with the ending is that it confused many people, who totally didn't understand what was happening.
End Zionazism
Mar 17, 2022 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
idk yet I didn't read the manga
Mar 17, 2022 7:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
cl0s3tweeb said:
Fumbling, Fumbling!
Beware!
Coming for you!
10/10, grammy nomination when xDD

gavinweb said:
Xilver said:
I'm been reading this manga for 9 years, and been discussing it actively, i'm not kind of a person who just enjoys the ride and doesn't think about the story. So over the years, we in active manga community came to a conclusion that FT cannot possibly have the power to control the other great titans, meaning cannot manipulate their memories, because if he could then the great titan war makes no sense, the war because of which Karl Frtiz lost all hope in his empire, after the bloodshed he witnessed in that civil war. That's also why Frieda didn't just erase Grisha's memories during the cave conflict. That rule has to be the case for the lore and the story of the series to make sense, logistically. Then 139 comes out, and we get not only FT being able to manipulate the great titans, but he can also manipulate the memories of Ackermans, meaning Karl Fritz easily could have ended the bloodshed any moment he wanted, and he also could easily made sure to neuter the attack titan, and also the entire thing with Ackermans being persecuted within paradis because their memories couldn't be erased, is a nonsensical bullshit. So Isayama broke two rules, and why did he do that? - For the cheap melodrama with Mikasa, and his friends saying "what a man you are", it has been done to create a scenario in which Eren can make up with his friends. That to me is a case of an extremely weak writing. Add that to the fact that he robbed Eren of his character agency in attempt of absolving Eren of his sins, and the ending just feels like a complete cop-out. The way i see it determinism exists in a poor attempt of Isayama trying to make sense of the story by claiming that everything effectively happened because it was destined to happen, to tie up the loose ends. Also a case of extremely weak writing. If he didn't have the balls to go all the way, then he shouldn't have drawn the rumbling in the first place, and post-time-skip Eren pre-138 shouldn't even exist.

The ending reveals that Eren's plan was detitanization, the future he saw. Which means the entirety of Marley arc and Revolution arc have no basis. And Eren didn't need to play 4d chess with Zeke in order to activate the rumbling. He could have just used Historia, she would detitanize anyway, there was no sacrifice. And even if there was sacrifice who cares, why was Eren ready to sacrifice the rest of his friends but not Historia, it makes no sense. None of it makes any sense.
The ending reveals that for 2000 years a loli goddess couldn't find another girl that really loved a guy. Something that is absolutely absurd at face value and needs no further explanation.

And don't even get me started how it completely contradicts 122, which depicted how Eren frees Ymir and says "you were waiting for me all this time, weren't you?". And it's not like Eren was delusional. The chapter itself clearly depicted everything in such a way. Go reread it and see the face Ymir makes, it makes no fucking sense from narrative standpoint.

Literally none of the post time skip shit needed to happen. Marley was completely pointless. Revolution was completely pointless. The Yeagerist stuff was completely pointless. The Yelena stuff was completely pointless. Fucking Falco somehow became the fucking beast titan for 0 fucking reason and learned to fucking fly. It makes ZERO sense. The fucking silliness of Ymir resurrecting all the past titans with their silly designs that just don't fit in the context of the final battle, of the culmination of a series that was taking onto itself very serious themes and discussions. It was more like out of a marvel movie.
So what do we have at the end here:
-Eren's character assassinated and turned into the slave of Ymir/Fate with fried brains, that actually wanted to flee from his own war and seclude himself in his own walls, that's why people started calling him Karl Yeager, or Eren Fritz.
-Mikasa, a one-dimensional character that was not properly developed since season 1 turned into the centerpiece of the entire story. A weight her character had no ability to carry whatsoever
-Numerous plot contrivances and straight up plot holes. Falco suddenly turns into the Beast titan and learns to fly. Characters just happen to be exactly where they are needed for the plot. Alliance charges in into heavily controlled enemy territory and gets out with ZERO casualties. The founding titan suddenly can manipulate the memories of other great titans and Ackermans, rendering the entirety of the lore and the history of the series into nonsense. Rumbling making no logisitcal sense when it comes to time-frame and the scale, Eren himself was still in Africa.
-Nonsensical story-lines that go nowhere, like the pregnancy, which literally is a plot hole with the dates and her lying about when she got pregnant and complete nonsense on how it was needed for the plan.
-Eren's motivations and decisions make no sense with 139 revelations, and retrospectively make both Zeke's plan and Kiyomi's plan much better alternatives, both of which he rejected because muh Historia, even though he didn't give any real shit about her, and lied to her and didn't even bother to send a farewell message to let her know that he fucking lied to her.
-Characters literally disappear and written off the story, like Yelena, god knows why she existed, god knows what she did, and god knows what happened to her.
-Ymir, literally everything about her.

I can keep going, and long. But i think Eren's "I kept moving forward so that Mikasa kills me" settles it. Completely ruined narrative.

Man I feel that. I really recommend this video tho cause it explains wrens true goal and the motives and all that stuff. I know it’s a long video but I recommend it man- have a good one!

I knew this was going to be the Invaderzz video that you linked lol, that video is just a huge reach in an attempt to try and make sense of things but even he said so himself that there's nothing to actually back it up in the manga, and instead this video is just filled with circular reasonings.

But if you want to watch a real critique of this ending with actual evidence from the manga to back it up, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr44dBCWcHY
TokoyaMar 17, 2022 7:18 AM
Mar 17, 2022 8:00 AM
Nov 2021
It's not just that bad, it's garbage
Mar 17, 2022 8:29 AM

Feb 2022
Definitely not the best ending, but it absolutely isn't the worst either. It's good, though relative to the rest of the series, which has such a high standard of quality in writing, I'd agree with the Western consensus that it's "fine". 7/10 ending for an otherwise 9.5 story.
Mar 17, 2022 8:40 AM

Dec 2020
ok it wasnt as bad as i was expecting but it also wasnt good, it was really anticlimactic and just kinda dumb in general. i wish they elaborated more on why they had to kill eren, it was so rushed. as well as the random ass kiss what was that lmfao
Mar 17, 2022 9:35 AM
Nov 2021
Tokoya said:
cl0s3tweeb said:
Fumbling, Fumbling!
Beware!
Coming for you!
10/10, grammy nomination when xDD

gavinweb said:

I knew this was going to be the Invaderzz video that you linked lol, that video is just a huge reach in an attempt to try and make sense of things but even he said so himself that there's nothing to actually back it up in the manga, and instead this video is just filled with circular reasonings.

But if you want to watch a real critique of this ending with actual evidence from the manga to back it up, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr44dBCWcHY

I respectfully disagree. I think that what he said makes a lot of sense, the reasoning was all logical and he did have evidence from the manga. However I totally get that a lot of this is opinion based- I will check the video out
Mar 17, 2022 12:00 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Thank you for including the "meh" option. Clearly a good portion of us don't think it's either trash or amazing

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 17, 2022 12:49 PM

Sep 2021
The ending was obvious i knew there was no way Eren will make it to the end alive, Still the major problem was how underwhelming his "sacrifice" was, It wasn't as heavy as Lelouch's or as unforgotten as Erwin's it really felt like someone just wanted to write a quick reason why Eren "accepted" his fate instead of finishing his plan. In conclusion i'm fine with Eren dying but not in that boring way, now if you'll excuse me i have a Copium dosage to take (Aoe is happening boys).

Mar 17, 2022 12:51 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I don't mind it that much, it's okay but not as bad as people make it to be.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Mar 17, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 2021
TheDevastator said:
IsimpEren said:

The thing is, Eren is a villan, not an anti hero. He committed genocide for his own selfish reasons which is something very unlike what Lelouch would do.

He didn't create a peaceful future as Paradis gets fucking glassed in the last pages of 139.
Mar 17, 2022 12:58 PM
Oct 2018
Reiner and Annie get a pretty happy ending. That bothers me. And about the ending, well sabotage of character development. I'm talking about Eren Yeager!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.