Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 8, 2022 2:05 AM

Aug 2014
Ashhk said:
The production looks decent, great OP/ED (and same for the OP's visuals) but that's all, the story is boring, I'm not surprised since I played the game and it sucked

>The story is boring
>I played the game and it sucked

Considering how much praise the game is given for the story I can simply it is just your taste here or you were just skipping chapters lmao.
Jan 8, 2022 2:59 AM
Oct 2014
I watched it 3 minutes ago and I can't remember a thing. It's not bad but it's just... Meh.
The OP was really good.
Jan 8, 2022 5:52 AM
Feb 2015
the combat scene is bad. so the twin machine gun maid boss apparently can destroy buildings/obstacle in church with high firepower, but none of the bullets hit (even though the MC group were only hiding behind concrete pillars). The first time they both entered the church from the front door, one maid just instantly teleported into the left window flanking from there with 0 delay. One girl suddenly took cover on the right side of the pillar (why didn't she get hit from the another direction?). Another girl just casually jumped into the right side while dodging all the bullets. A few seconds later they all magically escaped through the backdoor (assuming while dodging all the bullets shot from the front door and the window). Didn't one girl just jumped into the right side of the building 2 seconds before? then why she is in the front position now? (in the escape scene). If the maids have 0 accuracy at fairly close-medium range (inside church) then why would they even think to shoot at longer distance in the forest.
Why didn't they ambush the church from the front door and back door in the first place if their main weakness is that they can only focus shooting on 2 directions?

Idk, I expect some nice gunfighting like GGO with nice combat and cute characters. but man, this one is rough.
Jan 8, 2022 6:23 AM
Apr 2018
As a game's fan who grinded it to hell and back and back to hell this is kinda interesting having read the manga. The game never names where S09 region is located btw (just eastern Europe or smthg). Late game does have some real world cities and countries in it though.
So yeah, it is boring and manga is too light and colorful in the first place imo. The game's CG's style and writing in general feels far more gritty. And when M16 frees M4 she swears after telling Agent to go to hell. But I'll keep watching it as I'm invested in the game and wonder how it will fare for the rest of the season.
Jan 8, 2022 6:24 AM
Jan 2022
2/5

Already regretting picking this up. I really didn't need every plan and movement explained within an inch of its life.

Opening and closing songs are fun though
Jan 8, 2022 8:11 AM

Jun 2014
Well that certainly wasn't good by any stretch and I have a strong feeling it won't get any better from here lol. Maybe I'll be wrong...
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 8, 2022 8:19 AM
Jun 2019
I enjoyed for the first episode. I like OP song and ost,they made me goosebump. But I got a little confused about their story (maybe because I haven't known this game very well).
Jan 8, 2022 8:55 AM

Apr 2011
There isn't lot of to get confused about yet. AR infiltrated enemy territory to find data, got ambushed and broke through.

Did I miss something?
Jan 8, 2022 10:22 AM

Jan 2021
The main characters are robots may not have meaningful memories, so giving them a lot of crazy depression shouldn't have any effect. But I wonder if the goal of this anime is to prove that they are just robots but have hearts or just girls in action for something like a lot of CGDCT anime do.

OP is like a modern western song & ED is EDM music mixed with J-pop vocals, both are pretty good
Jan 8, 2022 10:36 AM
Sep 2021
iNovak said:
In which legal platforms (and countries) is this anime available? Please tell me

It is on Funimation.
Jan 8, 2022 11:06 AM
Sep 2019
What a first episode, good start content wise, but the OP/ED are such bangers, considering returning just to hear both the songs again lol. Anyways, plot wise a good setup with good characters, development to come.
Jan 8, 2022 11:46 AM

Jun 2016
For an introductory episode, this was just plain bad. Aside from the laughable opening exposition, I felt I learnt nothing. Heck, I was lowkey wondering if they were dolls themselves the whole time. What is a doll? is not a question you want a viewer to be pondering. Do they have a backup model? Should I care about them at all... Eh, Idk.

Cheesy dialogue alert. Was it necessary for AR-15 to say 'High end... The end' like what even is that?

The pacing felt off for a first ep. The character consistency and animation ain't looking too great, and, going off this ep, the colour palette was a little flat. Hope there is more colour variety in future eps. Aside from the negatives, at least the opening visuals were unique, but the songs themselves were eh at best.

Initial thoughts: Do dolls' bleed? Cause they're bleeding the budget, hehe...

Jan 8, 2022 2:33 PM
Aug 2017
Erotaku_ said:
Honestly, I don't know what the last non-Cygames video game adaptation that I really enjoyed, but this probably won't be it.

fgo babylonia chapter is a really well made adaptation if you're looking for a gacha game adaptation. problem is, only players who have played the game can fully understand what the hell is going on.
Jan 8, 2022 4:29 PM

Jul 2019
as someone who dropped the game because of it's gameplay, i liked this first episode.
and their choice for the commander, nice, they went for a female commander, nothing to complain.
Jan 8, 2022 7:33 PM

Aug 2014
A-Simple-Squire said:
For an introductory episode, this was just plain bad. Aside from the laughable opening exposition, I felt I learnt nothing. Heck, I was lowkey wondering if they were dolls themselves the whole time. What is a doll? is not a question you want a viewer to be pondering. Do they have a backup model? Should I care about them at all... Eh, Idk.

Cheesy dialogue alert. Was it necessary for AR-15 to say 'High end... The end' like what even is that?

The pacing felt off for a first ep. The character consistency and animation ain't looking too great, and, going off this ep, the colour palette was a little flat. Hope there is more colour variety in future eps. Aside from the negatives, at least the opening visuals were unique, but the songs themselves were eh at best.

Initial thoughts: Do dolls' bleed? Cause they're bleeding the budget, hehe...

You're asking for more exposition dump.

and the last initial thought sounds like a degen to me.
Jan 8, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2016
OP and ED looks great, felt mediocre in the animation. Excited to see more depression about m4 and the rest. Also, didn't manage to read the manga so that actually sucks when they're going adapt that instead in the story in the game.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Jan 9, 2022 7:43 AM

Mar 2014
Boring first episode. With such a stupid story at least fight scenes should be good but they were disappointing too.
Jan 9, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2021
That combat scene kinda.... Yeah but I love the cruelty still consistent for this entire episode
Jan 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2018
Syureria said:
Slightly confused with chara names especially M4A1. Is this the same as Azur Lane huh? Basically all girls are a gun. Starting with infiltrate, M4A1 as leader they plan to steal a database, and for the op 10/10 really like op animation and sound. AR-15, this is an interesting anime it's just that it's hard to remember the names of the chara. Stealing the database seemed too easy for them and hacking the password too. Looks like it won't end easily, the cooperation between AR-15 and SOPMODII That's pretty good, They are just trying to buy time.

The operation even continues until dawn, The ambush this time can be overcome, maybe Scorpion can become an MVP, lol.

Yeah they're basically androids that are named after the gun they use.
Jan 9, 2022 9:46 AM
Apr 2019
Pretty decent episode. I haven't gotten to the good parts of the story in the game, but I like it enough to stay on this. Animation and voice acting is eh, backgrounds look nice though. I thought the pacing was okay. Sad Ingram/Mac-10 probably won't be here, I love her design
Jan 9, 2022 10:37 AM
Jun 2011
As someone who plays the game and has not read the manga, I thought it was a pretty decent first episode. But I totally understand why so many people who have not played the game are just plain confused and not getting into the anime. So many things are just not explained and they just keep on throwing terms around like everyone should just know.

I'm guessing the first episode is the "action" episode to get people excited and then the second episode will explain things in detail as the new commander learns the ropes of her new job. But I'm not sure enough people will be sticking around sadly.
Jan 9, 2022 4:30 PM
Aug 2010
Syureria said:
Slightly confused with chara names especially M4A1. Is this the same as Azur Lane huh? Basically all girls are a gun.

Actually not. They basically converted civilian androids with addition of special hardware and software to expertly use old outdated weapons. Restriction of weapons to old ones is enforced by law. They not restricted to use only one specialized weapon and can adapt in some way and use what they can get, but without benefits of specialization. There will be few T-dolls that does not any specialized hardware/software for weapon and use what easy to handle.
Jan 9, 2022 7:56 PM
Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:

I only play games like chess or backgammon on the phone. You do not have controls to properly play a game like this on android/ios.

FPS games perhaps, but not a SLG like Girls Frontline. It's literally a side-scrolling simulation game with a strategic capture-the-point overlay. Even so, the wide diversity of mobile games currently available would prove you wrong.

So the world is iradiated. How unimaginative! As always life beats film.

I find that fine, personally. What strikes me as immersion breaking is than the political points which GFL tries to score with its own backstory and lore. It would take me too long to go over it without spending several paragraphs detailing it, but you can find that lore here:
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Confidential_Files

The world is uninhabited thanks to depopulation as result of feminism and ww3 is caused by induced famineas a result of measure under the pretense of a pandemics like we have right now no one imagined...

If you're interested, there's a wealth of lore and documentation for the game, some of which I've linked above. Otherwise, I'd suggest not attempting to project your political beliefs or views onto a work of fiction.

About that part in the case of depopulation you do not need so many jobs replacements. I mean you may need machines to do shipments (like drones) but apart from that not really. What you suggest is maintaining a supermarket for 20 people. That is not really feasible.

Now here's a point where I can discuss the lore I linked above. To give you an idea of how bad the Beilan Island incident was for the Asia-Pacific seaboard:

China, current population: 1.42 Billion. Loss of life during the Beilan Incident ~870 Million (including 400 Million immediate deaths within the 1500km-wide initial fallout zone), about 2/3rds of total population.

Korea (South and North): Combined population: ~76 Million. Population loss: Initially 10 million in South Korea, unknown in North Korea. Unknown total (the Beilan incident set off the Second Korean War after North Korea began shelling Seoul in response to US political demands shortly after the US evacuated the last of its diplomatic personnel and military forces from the peninsula).

Japan: Unknown, but potentially higher than 95% of population. Documentation states that after the Japanese government retreated to Hokkaido, access to Hokkaido was sealed off with the assistance of the US military in exchange for basing rights, leaving the remaining 120 million Japanese citizens in Honshu and elsewhere to fend for themselves.

Russia: never specified.

US and Canada: Eventual loss of all territory west of the Missouri-Kansas border in the US and west of Winnipeg, Manitoba to collapse radiation contamination. Lore states that in response the US and Canada constructed the North American Exclusion Zone Barrier to bar entry into the "green zones" of survivors from their western halves. Estimated population loss to be ~110 million for the US and ~11 Million for Canada (based on present census estimates).

Shortly following this, we have the Northern Lights Incident, where an arms-race between a newly reconstituted Soviet Union and NATO results in the detonation of an alien artifact in the Scandinavian region. As a result, the Scandinavian peninsula and much of central Europe are swept by clouds of collapse radiation. Sweden, Finland, and Norway were rendered completely uninhabitable with total loss of their populations, while Central Europe including much of eastern Germany were turned into high-contamination zones. This prompted mass-migration to Western Europe.

This wave of immigration eventually led to the German Civil War of 2043-44, with the old former soviet-controlled provinces of Germany formally declaring independence after the dissolution of the German constitution, whereafter the East German states called upon the New Soviet Union for assistance. This led to a standoff between NATO and the Soviet Union in Berlin and directly precipitated World War III after NATO forces were ambushed in eastern Berlin.
The war would end with a Soviet victory after the last US attempt to retake Berlin with remotely-piloted tanks and mechanized infantry was routed by Soviet deployments of approximately 8,000 T-dolls, the first use of T-dolls in a major conflict, including Sangvis Ferri Ripper and Jaeger models.
Shortly thereafter Italy and France were forced to capitulate, formally ending the war.

And about my sense of aesthetics: you do not like Kristann Loken?

You're comparing real-life individuals to anime characters. I don't think that there's a good comparison to be made, to be honest. You've made it clear that you don't like the art style, at the very least.
firemagnetJan 9, 2022 8:01 PM
Jan 9, 2022 10:15 PM
Aug 2014
It's just 1 episode and obviously anime is more rushed in recent years than ever, but as far as having a hook for a first episode this was pretty solid imo.

Visuals are pretty par for the course, can't complain. The OP was visually impressive. It can either go up from here or fall pretty hard. I'd say it's a 7 for the moment.
Jan 9, 2022 11:26 PM

Aug 2012
firemagnet said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

I only play games like chess or backgammon on the phone. You do not have controls to properly play a game like this on android/ios.

FPS games perhaps, but not a SLG like Girls Frontline. It's literally a side-scrolling simulation game with a strategic capture-the-point overlay. Even so, the wide diversity of mobile games currently available would prove you wrong.

So the world is iradiated. How unimaginative! As always life beats film.

I find that fine, personally. What strikes me as immersion breaking is than the political points which GFL tries to score with its own backstory and lore. It would take me too long to go over it without spending several paragraphs detailing it, but you can find that lore here:
https://iopwiki.com/wiki/Confidential_Files

The world is uninhabited thanks to depopulation as result of feminism and ww3 is caused by induced famineas a result of measure under the pretense of a pandemics like we have right now no one imagined...

If you're interested, there's a wealth of lore and documentation for the game, some of which I've linked above. Otherwise, I'd suggest not attempting to project your political beliefs or views onto a work of fiction.

About that part in the case of depopulation you do not need so many jobs replacements. I mean you may need machines to do shipments (like drones) but apart from that not really. What you suggest is maintaining a supermarket for 20 people. That is not really feasible.

Now here's a point where I can discuss the lore I linked above. To give you an idea of how bad the Beilan Island incident was for the Asia-Pacific seaboard:

China, current population: 1.42 Billion. Loss of life during the Beilan Incident ~870 Million (including 400 Million immediate deaths within the 1500km-wide initial fallout zone), about 2/3rds of total population.

Korea (South and North): Combined population: ~76 Million. Population loss: Initially 10 million in South Korea, unknown in North Korea. Unknown total (the Beilan incident set off the Second Korean War after North Korea began shelling Seoul in response to US political demands shortly after the US evacuated the last of its diplomatic personnel and military forces from the peninsula).

Japan: Unknown, but potentially higher than 95% of population. Documentation states that after the Japanese government retreated to Hokkaido, access to Hokkaido was sealed off with the assistance of the US military in exchange for basing rights, leaving the remaining 120 million Japanese citizens in Honshu and elsewhere to fend for themselves.

Russia: never specified.

US and Canada: Eventual loss of all territory west of the Missouri-Kansas border in the US and west of Winnipeg, Manitoba to collapse radiation contamination. Lore states that in response the US and Canada constructed the North American Exclusion Zone Barrier to bar entry into the "green zones" of survivors from their western halves. Estimated population loss to be ~110 million for the US and ~11 Million for Canada (based on present census estimates).

Shortly following this, we have the Northern Lights Incident, where an arms-race between a newly reconstituted Soviet Union and NATO results in the detonation of an alien artifact in the Scandinavian region. As a result, the Scandinavian peninsula and much of central Europe are swept by clouds of collapse radiation. Sweden, Finland, and Norway were rendered completely uninhabitable with total loss of their populations, while Central Europe including much of eastern Germany were turned into high-contamination zones. This prompted mass-migration to Western Europe.

This wave of immigration eventually led to the German Civil War of 2043-44, with the old former soviet-controlled provinces of Germany formally declaring independence after the dissolution of the German constitution, whereafter the East German states called upon the New Soviet Union for assistance. This led to a standoff between NATO and the Soviet Union in Berlin and directly precipitated World War III after NATO forces were ambushed in eastern Berlin.
The war would end with a Soviet victory after the last US attempt to retake Berlin with remotely-piloted tanks and mechanized infantry was routed by Soviet deployments of approximately 8,000 T-dolls, the first use of T-dolls in a major conflict, including Sangvis Ferri Ripper and Jaeger models.
Shortly thereafter Italy and France were forced to capitulate, formally ending the war.

And about my sense of aesthetics: you do not like Kristann Loken?

You're comparing real-life individuals to anime characters. I don't think that there's a good comparison to be made, to be honest. You've made it clear that you don't like the art style, at the very least.

1. To each its own I would say with game tastes. I am of PC master race
2. this does not explain why you would need so many jobs
3. immigrants from where ? Except for islamic countries the world is in the last phases of a behavioral sink.
4. I was comparing body types. Also this anime is based on real life so not sure what the problem is
Jan 10, 2022 1:02 AM
Jun 2013
Outside of a few doujinshi and fan artists (and much of that work being that of Guin Guin of the Circle Penguin Facebook page), never dealt with the base material before watching the first episode. Having said that, I liked the first episode. Good opening and ending music. Certainly much more darker than the other "girls are guns" show that I have watched, which is Upotte!! from a few years back.
Will keep watching for now.
Jan 10, 2022 12:37 PM
Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:

3. immigrants from where ? Except for islamic countries the world is in the last phases of a behavioral sink.
4. I was comparing body types. Also this anime is based on real life so not sure what the problem is

1a) I also play the PC, but that doesn't stop me from using emulators or my phone either (try Nox emulator or bluestacks for instance).

2a) according to lore, even mild contamination results in people in the affected areas being unable to perform any outdoors activities without the use of specialized gear. One can thus visualize how humanoid platforms which are resistant to that sort of effect would be needed.

3a). I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. Again, this is a fictional world. While one may disagree with some of its politics, I don't see what the point of outing your own politics in the process of doing so is.

4a)I suspect this is more the art-style being more minimal in that regard. Highschool DxD or World's End Harem this certainly isn't. Also it's worth noting that we've seen just a few of the several hundred characters thus far. There are characters who are considerably more buxom and less thin. For instance, here's HK416:
Jan 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed the first episode as I like some action in my season. It's the first episode so i'll wait until like 7 eps are out to have a clear thought but as a first episode it's solid.
Jan 10, 2022 11:51 PM

Aug 2012
firemagnet said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1a) I also play the PC, but that doesn't stop me from using emulators or my phone either (try Nox emulator or bluestacks for instance).

2a) according to lore, even mild contamination results in people in the affected areas being unable to perform any outdoors activities without the use of specialized gear. One can thus visualize how humanoid platforms which are resistant to that sort of effect would be needed.

3a). I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. Again, this is a fictional world. While one may disagree with some of its politics, I don't see what the point of outing your own politics in the process of doing so is.

4a)I suspect this is more the art-style being more minimal in that regard. Highschool DxD or World's End Harem this certainly isn't. Also it's worth noting that we've seen just a few of the several hundred characters thus far. There are characters who are considerably more buxom and less thin. For instance, here's HK416:

3a is a fictional world but women are still the ones making the babies and feminism = no babies
4 a) the second seems to be able to do the job provided a proper bra...
Jan 11, 2022 12:19 AM
Dec 2021
Looks promising. Can't really say whether I truly like it or not until more episodes come out, but I'm excited for the next one. Somewhat reminds me of Release The Spyce. The art style is cool, opening song is great. Also Soppo is cute. Can absolutely understand how one might be a little confused though if you've never read the manga or played the game, or aren't familiar with similar works (Azur Lane, Kancolle, etc.)
Jan 11, 2022 4:07 PM
Mar 2015
Well, this was quite the disappointment. I don't see how one can enjoy this show. You have to like guns to take an interest in it at all, but then you'll hate the anime because it's inaccurate.

The fight scene in the church was straight up embarrassing. M16 put her head out in the middle of suppressing fire and when the other doll came in to flank, she took cover on the side of the pillar that was completely exposed to the previous suppressing fire.

It just hurts to watch.
Jan 11, 2022 4:12 PM
Mar 2015
jagaipotato said:
Erotaku_ said:
Honestly, I don't know what the last non-Cygames video game adaptation that I really enjoyed, but this probably won't be it.

fgo babylonia chapter is a really well made adaptation if you're looking for a gacha game adaptation. problem is, only players who have played the game can fully understand what the hell is going on.

Just Watch FGO First Order, no need to play the game. The prologue movie explains everything pretty well.
Jan 12, 2022 1:05 AM

Jan 2022
iNovak said:
In which legal platforms (and countries) is this anime available? Please tell me

anione asia and funimation as far as i know
Jan 12, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Always wanted to get into GFL game, but decided to just stick to Arknights and PGR.

However, I will get into GFL2E which looks excellent.

Still, it's always good to see the original GFL cast. Even getting the same Seiyuu since the 2016 game is very impressive indeed!

Animation kinda reminds me Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka which is standard shooting.

I'm just glad we're finally getting some shooting Anime. Been awhile since we last had one tbh. (Asuka was the last one if I recall).

Even though it doesn't show the episode count. I hope we can reach at least 22 episodes. The standard 12-13 episodes will not cut for a heavy lore IP like GFL.
Jan 12, 2022 7:51 PM

Nov 2018
Hexablast said:
the combat scene is bad. so the twin machine gun maid boss apparently can destroy buildings/obstacle in church with high firepower, but none of the bullets hit (even though the MC group were only hiding behind concrete pillars). The first time they both entered the church from the front door, one maid just instantly teleported into the left window flanking from there with 0 delay. One girl suddenly took cover on the right side of the pillar (why didn't she get hit from the another direction?). Another girl just casually jumped into the right side while dodging all the bullets. A few seconds later they all magically escaped through the backdoor (assuming while dodging all the bullets shot from the front door and the window). Didn't one girl just jumped into the right side of the building 2 seconds before? then why she is in the front position now? (in the escape scene). If the maids have 0 accuracy at fairly close-medium range (inside church) then why would they even think to shoot at longer distance in the forest.
Why didn't they ambush the church from the front door and back door in the first place if their main weakness is that they can only focus shooting on 2 directions?

Idk, I expect some nice gunfighting like GGO with nice combat and cute characters. but man, this one is rough.

Ja, I agree. The gunfighting was quite underwhelming, and not much research went into actual tactics or how guns work, etc. It is a shame, since the game does seem to have research and competency towards the firearms it uses.

Although, in some sense, it stays true to the game. We do send our tdolls straight into the line of fire to re-enact 18th century line combat with modern weaponry.
Thank you, and God bless the whales.
Jan 13, 2022 3:50 AM

Feb 2019
God that was so fucking boring. I can't even think of anything else to say, I know it was weak on the art and animation front and had the most laughable attempt at character introduction I've seen in a while, but the unrepentant tediousness of everything blows it out the water.

Worthless tripe.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jan 14, 2022 8:18 AM

Aug 2021
can these kinds of shows please stop introducing like 100 characters in the first episode? it's hard for me to even care for any when there's just so damn many of them
Jan 15, 2022 12:27 AM
Jun 2011
bakiomari said:
Hexablast said:

Ja, I agree. The gunfighting was quite underwhelming, and not much research went into actual tactics or how guns work, etc. It is a shame, since the game does seem to have research and competency towards the firearms it uses.

Although, in some sense, it stays true to the game. We do send our tdolls straight into the line of fire to re-enact 18th century line combat with modern weaponry.

What else are SG/MG echelon good for? Tank and destroyyyyy. Until midgame at least. Then bring out M200 and grape.
Jan 15, 2022 7:45 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright. Decide to watching this now. This first episode is decent enough. The op and ed song surprisingly strong in my ears. The visual honestly great, detailed, where the main story itself have just fine visualization. That's such a shame. But at least the gun fight element actually not so bad. Okayish for the least.

Rip for those supporting units, though. Its sad because i already attached with those one of the grenade thrower russian doll. Now she just be the dead machine. Also, quite enjoyed the doll design for the main character unit. Especially with Sopmod II, my favorite gun while playing some fps game before (if i am not jumlah my shit toward any). So, its actually pretty nostalgic for me, even though i honestly never play or know anything about this game before.

On to the second episode...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 4, 2022 10:20 AM
Jul 2014
Just watched Funimation's dub.

Somehow, and I don't know how, Funimation's dub manages to be better about preserving drama and maintaining pacing. Music is turned up and they seem to have tuned the sound effects a bit.

VAs for the english dub are very good and character appropriate.
Feb 5, 2022 4:46 AM
Mar 2012
OP & ED great music & style.
Feels rushed or game/worldbuilding just dumped on us, & no character intros. War strategies kinda interesting, but production eh average. got potential but no confidence in game adapts.
Feb 5, 2022 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
For better or worse, next 4 episode will act as individual introduction to each chatacter so at least in that department there is nothing to worry. Production isn't just average it's right down bad though.
Feb 6, 2023 4:59 PM
Feb 2023
Pretty good, would like higher gun sounds
Apr 9, 2023 7:06 AM
Aug 2013
Uhh... I liked the voice actors?
Aug 6, 2023 11:19 AM
Mar 2019
After the bad reviews, i finally started this.
Probably wish i'd left it, maybe it will get better!!
Feb 25, 10:42 AM
Jun 2022
It's very nice, and even if the graphics are not the best, it's still enjoyable, and it still goes along with the game plot, I'm excited to see the rest!
🤍★彡[ᴇᴍɪ ꜰᴜᴍɪᴋᴏ]彡★💙
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

20 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 29, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2022

37 by EmiFumiko »»
Mar 1, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

40 by bushman66 »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Dolls' Frontline Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2022

61 by bushman66 »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:59 PM

» Why is the title Doll's Frontline

LeviLeads - Apr 8, 2021

11 by PhilTheStampede »»
Jun 22, 2023 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.