Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, they faced perhaps one of the most dangerous D2 for the series' finale. Probably fitting for a finale since they threw a huge challenge against Takt and Destiny.

Not a bad episode considering how far their journey took them. Plus, Takt and Destiny had their little moment after the fight. Still, it's nothing what I'd call groundbreaking and the battle itself didn't impress me as much as I had anticipated. The kiss and farewell though.

Jun 2019
Man... what can I say, that was one hell of a finale. It had everything. Action-packed with girls throwing punches at each other. And, that animation was just too beautiful. They really went all out in this episode. But, not everything has a happy ending. That kiss was so sweet. I'm sad... Destiny is so precious. Takt and Destiny... ╯︿╰

But, overall it was alright, pretty average if you ask me but I'm gonna raise the score by +1 just for the animation. Good job, Madhouse x MAPPA.

Jul 2017
Takt and Destiny vs. Orpheus, and the animation only proved one "hell of a battle" between Musicarts.

So Sagan DID actually felt the wrath of when the D2s attacked and decimated the Earth, and the Symphonica became the people's hope to stop these monsters from moving forward. The thing is, one issue can lead to another, and much less the same when Takt's father Kenji died due to the D2 attack...Sagan felt nothing but more joy to kill instead with his Musicarts Heaven and Hell, now combined to form Orpheus.

Takt became Tokyo Ghoul's Ken Kaneki with the half-black, half-white hair, and Sagan trades one's sacrifice for another. Destiny pulling those action-heavy animated punches are just visual cues for hype, and I can only say that Sagan deserved his loss just because he didn't know how to act like a sound being. Otherwise, this resolution is just too simple for make-believe.

After that weird NTR kiss of Anna last episode, Destiny FINALLY got hers as a farewell to her Maestro for pulling all the way through...all to a decent ending. Bear in mind that you should already know that Destiny IS Anna from the hints of the mobage and even they share the same VA (Kaede Hondo), so this is no longer a spoiler from the mobage that no one will ever play. Even Anna's new design shares many of common with Destiny.

But still, you cannot mistake that this adaptation served what it needed to do: be just THE crude example of a promotion to the game.
KANLen09Dec 21, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Feb 2018
"Anata no koto ga sukidesu"

I thought it would be an intense episode but yeah the fight was pretty boring for me. The musiccart's past is quite interesting and a reason for betrayal.it was obvious who the winner was, I thought there would be a surprise like Unmei would die and Takt but well I got a ... 6/10.

Dec 21, 2021 7:57 AM
Feb 2021
Orpheus = mommy!!!!
Dec 21, 2021 8:26 AM

Apr 2014
Why!? Why!!!!! Cosette
RIP Cosette 😭😭😭😭😭
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 21, 2021 8:27 AM

May 2020
Was expected but still they did went in with all in this final episode, probably with the best fight sequence of the whole season. Those punches from Destiny were just too heavy for Orpheus. Also dude's got two kisses and two confessions in a matter of few hours. So yeah not something bad from Takt's point of view.

Still, All that glitters is not gold quite fittingly describes this thing. Nothing too special, nothing too bad.
Dec 21, 2021 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
I don't get it is it completed or got more episodes.
Oh you need to play the game. MAYBE.
Dec 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
Welp so Destiny dies after all, no wonder they set up Anna x Takt ship.

Pretty meh anime overall storywise but atleast wasn't a complete waste of time thnx to the action scenes. Proly gonna forget about this anime soon enough thou.
Jan 2020
Maybe this utter shit of an show is the friends we made along the way. Sakugan is also ending in a few days. Sadge.
Nov 2020
opinions about the ending???
Dec 21, 2021 8:29 AM
Jul 2020
cosette, unmei merged in anna's body??? kinda sad but ok, acceptable i guess. ok la i give 7 solid.
Dec 21, 2021 8:34 AM
Jun 2020
Im still waiting for the game to be released but great series overall definitely going to watch it again
Dec 21, 2021 8:35 AM
Aug 2021
At least we got a takt and Cossette/Destiny kiss even if takt was unconscious (or was he really sleeping??) and then the sad part destiny is gone atleast the cossette version but what the fuss happened i didn't get it... Anyways prediction were true.
The episode was nice was expecting a worse ending animation was good and the fight wassss... Ahhhhh! Total plot armour but never mind looking forward to the game
Dec 21, 2021 8:36 AM
Jan 2015
Decent finale overall. It left enough room for fans to want to speculate further and event bait fans into buying the game to "complete the story."
At the end of the day, the anime's role is to promote the game. By playing, I believe we will get the complete picture and story.
Story wise, we got a random spawned Musicart (Destiny) paired with a Conductor (Takt). At the end of the episode and beginning of the game, I think we will get a Conductor+Musicart hybrid in Anna and a more "mature" Destiny.
Dec 21, 2021 8:40 AM
Nov 2020
So Takt is definitely not dead since he was found merely unconscious and now he's recovering then there was cryo freeze that was brought up earlier.

I'm not sure what to make of the post credits scene. There was speculation that Anna MIGHT somehow merge with or become Destiny because Destiny's voice actor in the game is Anna's voice actor (Kaede Hondo) instead. The way I interpret it is Anna gets her powers and transformation.

This ending just gave us more questions than answers and I hope the game answers them.
Dec 21, 2021 8:45 AM

Mar 2020
The story doesn't make any sense. This show tries so hard to sound deep but only makes it cringey. Too much unanswered questions and plot holes. Overall a decent show and a decent advertisement for a gacha game.
Dec 21, 2021 9:05 AM
Apr 2018
vanshrawat said:
opinions about the ending???

I'm pretty sure what happened is that Cosette actually finally died. With Destiny's powers being transported to Anna. This is why the Destiny in the official game is voiced by Anna.
Dec 21, 2021 9:07 AM

Jun 2021
What happened to Destiny? i dont understand lol xD

Now Anna have Destiny inside?

Atleast Takt and Titan are alive
Dec 21, 2021 9:08 AM
Nov 2020
Anime_Addicter_ said:

hmm. A little confusing right??

But i wanted to know did you liked the ending or it could have been better??
Dec 21, 2021 9:12 AM

Jun 2021
vanshrawat said:
Anime_Addicter_ said:

hmm. A little confusing right??

But i wanted to know did you liked the ending or it could have been better??

It's decent but i want to know what happened to Cosette/Destiny :(
Dec 21, 2021 9:13 AM
Jan 2021
I have experience with anime for game promotions before (although that anime, "too magical"), and they usually only make anime as episode 0 of the story in the game.

So, I suggest you install the game and play if you want to know the next story.

Anyway, thank you MAPPA and Madhouse for the good animation.
Dec 21, 2021 9:16 AM
Feb 2021
You're looking for second season? Nah, the ending literally says "thank you for watching now go play the game"

Anyway, its even now, both girls got their kiss >:)
Dec 21, 2021 9:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The antagonist is dead and Destiny disappeared after kissing Takt, this guy is very popular he ended up kissing both girl, but now Anna leveled up at the end for him, if he wakes up who knows xDD

I'm very disappointed I expected a lot of a Madhouse x MAPPA collaboration and it's just a mobile game promo with great animation but forgettable story... basically just looks like a Listeners with an improved animation for me, goodbye 4/10
Dec 21, 2021 9:26 AM
Oct 2020
Isn't this ending a lot like guilty crown?
Dec 21, 2021 9:32 AM
Apr 2010
What's with all the people spam reviewing 1s. These people cant be serious who pissed in their cereal. They are saying this is the worst anime ever made are you fucking serious.
Dec 21, 2021 9:35 AM
Sep 2020
Honestly the ending is kinda shocked but yeah it's such a great series
Dec 21, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2021
For this anime it is a 8/10 for me

I'm sad for Cosette/Destiny but happy for Anna/Takt/Titan
Dec 21, 2021 9:42 AM

Nov 2018
Hmm still so many left even it already final.
It might be some preparation for getting sequel in future if they want looking how they end this cause D2 still exists and takt still hibernate ...
Dec 21, 2021 9:43 AM

May 2018
I accidentally pressed 5 when I was about to press 1 lololol.

Anyways, bad writing, gacha bait, horrible characters (Only Lenny was kinda good).

What a shitshow coming from Madhouse and MAPPA.

2/10 for me. 1 point for good animation and 1 point for Unmei's character design.
red1130Dec 21, 2021 12:37 PM
Dec 21, 2021 9:47 AM
Jan 2021
I didn't care much about this anime , but after finishing the final episode i feel a little sad and wanting for more , 6/10
Dec 21, 2021 9:48 AM

Jul 2021
Sagan's death could have been better done, I thought it lacked emotion, but on the other hand, Destiny's death was very impactful and emotional.
I wish there had been a time skip so we could see how Takt was doing.
asdasdsadad
Dec 21, 2021 9:48 AM
Apr 2020
So basically the anime is a prequel to the game. The game will release tomorrow.
Dec 21, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
So, to those who have been following the game's promotional material, turns out that one character trailer for Destiny really did spoil the ending to the anime.^^;
Dec 21, 2021 9:49 AM
Aug 2021
Didn't saw that coming at the end one hell of show it was, but a good one at that
Dec 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
I knew that there was something weird when the game and the anime Cosette were different in style.. we finally got glimpsed of the game Cosette in the after credits scene..

As far as ending goes.. Yes the action was nice and yes.. i enjoyed the fights.. can't say the same about the choices or the dialogues.. they weren't thought of that much before and with the ending this anime had.. there really was no space for potential..

Also, am I the only bothered by the voice acting of this episode? I don't know.. something felt amiss. When the characters were talking so mildly easy in the amidst of fighting.. felt weird

Is this a good anime? Ha! far from that.. will I rewatch it? probably not.. if we do get a season 2 in future like 3-4 years. then i might pick this up again.. otherwise no..

its a solid 6/10 from me..

Jul 2017
I never play gacha games anyway so it doesn't matter, but this show really did do an amazing job in me never wanting to play this Takt game whatsoever, even among the worst circumstances. This final episode, ending and whole series was pretty awful as a whole, which was unsurprising given the pace and the build towards it. Madhouse and MAPPA need to collaborate on more Ippo seasons like Rising instead of stuff like this.
Sep 2019
This anime was fairly disappointing. Beautiful animation, but almost no plot to speak of. Wish we could've gotten a better conclusion as well because whatever that was at the end there was confusing to say the very least. Don't expect this to ever get a second season. I'd give this a 6/10 and that's me being nice.
Dec 21, 2021 9:54 AM

Dec 2010
I hate how they killed off Cosette for good, she was best girl by a large margin. Destiny was also really cute after she started getting emotions, so they basically killed off the two best girls!
That Anna would take over as Destiny was known since the start, and so was Takt surviving, but I didn't think Anna would be able to switch between Normal and Musicart modes like that. Does her Musicart mode still have Destiny's personality or is it just her powers? Too bad the sequel to this story will be in game format, since I never play games. Hopefully someone will make a summary of events when the game releases eventually.
All in all a decent anime, but I wanted a happy ending for Cosette dammit!
Dec 21, 2021 9:55 AM
Dec 2017
I feel like this had the potential to be a great show had it been a 24 episode anime.

Pretty much confirms that this is a prequel of the game and how Anna became Destiny. I'm excited to play the game but damn, they could've done the anime some justice as I really liked the story but the pacing was just downright bad.

I just hope the game doesn't try to hang on Cosette's and the first Destiny's death for too long or too much.
Dec 21, 2021 9:56 AM
Jun 2021
The final episode was quite good the fighting was pretty ok. Well whole series was scaling very well I like that. Then the final episode as I mentioned before It was quite good. But the final of the episode was bad for me. It should end Takt's and Destiny's death or both alive. I know its cliche but I think it would end up better. But with Destiny's I can live with that. The worst thing was the Last and the Undertitle scene. Like the last was terrible because of her love for Takt she would go join and fight the monsters(+her reactions were kinde weird).The Undertitel scene was bullsh*t. Destiny passed away and give them her power and now she can transform "into her" like wtf? It can provide us with secound season but I dont think that was good idea. I like the Takt op Destiny except for these things so I'll give it 7/10 (-3 bec that climax)
Dec 21, 2021 10:00 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, at least the finale gave me goosebumps right when Destiny confessed and proceeded to "die". She was the most developed character of the cast while Lenny was overall the most interesting one. I mention this since the rest didn't stand out much or their motivation weren't as clear as one would've hoped for.

From the crazy narcissist blonde dude to the green haired one spouting philosophical nonsense, the villains were not memorable, just there to be annoying. I would have also liked if the show delved deeper into the D2 but I guess that's where the game will come into play... which I'll probably skip on.

Another very big miss opportunity for me was the classical music theme since it wasn't seized as much as were the battles with what looked like alien technology. Maybe having a series of moves related to arpeggios or Destiny having to defeat an enemy in rhythm to tempo, or just anything orchestra related that wasn't just "the power of music" in all its vague glory.

At the very least the animation was solid, not consistent throughout but it left a lot of really good scenes and shots, especially in this last episode. Now to just wait for MAL to update its episode count and we are done here.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 21, 2021 10:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Orpheus sure packed quite a punch with her weapons that required some unorthodox teamwork to deal with. The insight how the synphonica brought hope to the various battlefields across the world as the D2 arrived really was insightful. At the same time seeing the cost in repelling them both in the lives of soldiers and the cost in civilian lives really was heartbreaking. Hearing the voices of so many as they tried their best to fight and survive sure added a lot of gravity to the situation. In a way Sagan isn't wrong because choosing to save the many by sacrificing the few is a valid strategy. Destiny's punch-out with Orpheus really was entertaining. In the end im glad that they were able to resolve the crisis before it got bigger. Anna joining the synphonica to be with her sister and Takt though was nice though. But at least with her newfound determination to protect those dearest to her Anna will have enough motivation as a conductor. Overall an enjoyable finale that managed to end the series well enough though i kinda wished that Sagan had more of a fighting role in his battle with Takt though. Series wise 7/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2021 10:05 AM

Sep 2018
What a disappointment. Aside from the animation and some of the character designs, I can't really think of much that was good about this series. The majority of the characters were shallow and boring, the plot oftentimes made no sense, and there's so many questions left unanswered that really hinder whatever attempts at worldbuilding they make. Perhaps I missed where these were answered, but here's a few I had:

- Why are all Musicarts female and all Conductors male? Aside from to appeal to horny gacha game players who salivate over the opportunity to collect a harem of "waifus" (God that word makes me feel sick), of course. This should be a pretty obvious question to ask, but for some reason no one does.

- What the fuck was the point of a Conductor, aside from to act as energy batteries? They claimed that it's to direct the Musicart, but that's obvious bullshit. Time and again we've seen Musicarts fight independently of their Conductors, and there's no clear loss of ability in these cases. And why would there be? The Musicarts aren't Pokémon, they're people capable of making their own decisions. They don't need some guy waving a stick around in the background, oftentimes with no rhyme nor reason.

- What were the details of Sagan's plan? He wanted to seal all the D2s away in North America, sure, but how? He's summoning them all to NYC, yet there's no indication of what comes next. Encasing them in crystal maybe? Who knows, it's not made clear. Besides, why did it have to be NYC? Why couldn't he have summoned them all to some remote spot in the Mojave or an empty forest in Canada? What was his plan to deal with the flying D2s we've clearly been shown? Why did he even need to do this plan when we've been told time and again that the D2s were being pushed back, killed off, and going into hibernation?

- What's the relation between a Musicart and music? For being named after classical pieces, they don't really show any other connection to it aside from the occasional motif in the background. This could've been used incredibly effectively. Imagine, for instance, if when a Musicart fought, their piece played in the background. Their fight could be choreographed in time with the music, almost like a dance, and the music diminishes or grows greater as the tide of battle changes. There could even have been a chance for interesting fusions of two or more pieces when two Musicarts fought. And yet, we didn't get anything of the sort. Just Takt whining about not being able to play music and occasionally composing a little.
Dec 21, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Just a few hours ago, Bandai Namco released this promotional video for the mobile as if to follow up on the post-credits scene. So yea this whole anime was essentially a prequel to the mobile game just as I suspected.

So yea, Anna is the Destiny in the mobile game after all, hence the notable differences in design, voice, and personality from Cossette's version of Destiny.

Unfortunately this does not at all save the anime itself. Everything felt so off. Sure it had some interesting ideas and themes at hand, but did essentially nothing cohesive at all. The pacing was dreadful, the characters turned out shallow overall, the worldbuilding was god awful, and the general story direction was just a heave-ho of a mess. Hell even the aesthetic composition was immensely inconsistent due to lack of production health.

I feel embarrassed even having a significant amount of optimism at the start, but it just goes to show that big name collabs don't necessarily translate to something good. Madhouse and Mappa should've spent their time on something more useful than this. I might check out the game just out of curiosity, but if the anime was really trying to promote it, it really plain sucked at doing it.

In short, Takt Op Destiny turned out as nothing but a hollow display, a synthetic rose, a painting vaguely drawn with no deeper meaning beyond the pretty colors....an aesthetically bountiful waste of time.
RyuseishunDec 21, 2021 10:17 AM
Dec 21, 2021 10:10 AM

Oct 2021
What was that mind blowing beautiful Destiny face animation while seeing from takt unconscious pov .
That smooth high quality animation came from out of no where it was like a movie scene . Mappa X madhouse needs to be applied in future.
Aaahhhh can’t get over that flashy destiny face anyways props to the guy who animated it a big salute.
Dec 21, 2021 10:15 AM
Sep 2021
can anyone explain me why destiny just vanished at the end😔
Dec 21, 2021 10:17 AM

Jun 2020
I wonder where the people saying you can't judge writing after 1/3 of the series are 🤨

The 12 episode ad is finally done with.
Dec 21, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2021
The fight wasn't as intense as expected but damn that fist fight looked freaking awesome, those were some hard punches by Destiny. Destiny soaked up Takt so dry that his right side of the body became literally bones and his hairs went grey(white?). What is with pain turning hairs of anime characters grey, seriously?

Can't say I comprehended even 10% of that Sagan's speech, who cares he died in the end, though I was surprised that crystals didn't kill him already, plus did they censor all the blood? When Takt put the sword through his body I didn't see any blood. Also all the mysterious D2 birthing crystals magically disappeared, I think they should have clarified something about that, like why did they just disappear. Also seems like D2 are still present but now with Sagan not calling them with that tuning fork I wonder if the D2's will just go into hibernation and stop attacking.

Man it was so sad watching Destiny tear up and saying I love you to Takt and then disappearing :(((

At first I thought when Takt said he's gonna take a nap I was like, "he's gonna die now, isn't he." But then later when Anna's sis checks on him it seems like he didn't die. It wasn't properly clarified what happened to Takt but it seems like he's in a coma now, and Anna wants to accomplish a world where music can be played freely. She even cut off her hairs.

Titan looked as cute and cheerful as ever.

Destiny turned into that locket thingy, now Anna wears it and damn it seems Cossette and Destiny both merged into her, should have shown more of Anna in that form, she looked kinda hot there.

Considering how this is a video game adaptation I would be really really surprised to find out that this is getting another season. They made this pretty anime just to promote the game, there wasn't a really solid story but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Seriously I loved this anime, this was a 10/10 for me but I don't think I love this anime enough that I'm gonna go play its game xD.

I'm gonna miss watching this every week. It's very unlikely but still hoping for a second season or at least give us an OVA or a movie damnit.
TsutanaiFuunDec 21, 2021 10:43 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 21, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2016
what a shit ending.
1. that fight was such a asspull. She got her ass kicked so bad than all of a sudden got tons of energy to beat the shit out of the girl? LOL sure...

2. I was hoping so much for the 2 of them to die and then i get cucked at the end and he survives...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2021

116 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2021

207 by Muow »»
Feb 18, 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.