Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2021 3:02 AM
May 2021
Is it weird if a grown adult likes the genre cute girls doing cute things, or even eromanga sensei?

If you grew up liking those shows are you supposed to grow out of them? just asking
__Emilico's here to clean your hentai

Clean your browser history Onii-chan~

Destroy your hentai before you isekai

Dec 15, 2021 3:15 AM

Nov 2019
I guess if the Japanese are doing it, it's okay?
Dec 15, 2021 3:17 AM

Mar 2021
I don't know. Keep in mind, there's a difference between liking a show because you're emotionally attached to it and liking a show because you appreciate its quality. If a choice had to be made, most older guys would pick the latter when it comes to CGDCT, but there are probably still some who really get invested in it, and that's okay.

Dec 15, 2021 3:24 AM

Mar 2021
You’re only “supposed” to grow out of anything that society thinks is weird. If it’s not considered weird you don’t have to grow out of it. Rather the opposite.
Dec 15, 2021 11:08 AM
Dec 2017
no you can watch whatever you want to watch.

Dec 15, 2021 4:13 PM

Nov 2021
Chances are pretty good that if you like anime (any anime) MOST people will think you're weird already, so I don't think it really matters.

There are some anime that I have grown out of, and there are some things that are made for children that I have enjoyed watching recently. Sometimes I watch things like that if I'm sick. Like, if I'm in bed with a cold or flu, I will put on something nostalgic from when I was a kid.
Dec 15, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
I can't say yes without knowing how they enjoy the show. Some people like things like CGDCT simply because it's entertaining to them.
Dec 15, 2021 5:14 PM

Jul 2019
It isn't weird for a grown adult to like CGDCT. Or at least, it isn't from my knowledge.

I guess you get this from the fact that the premise doesn't match up to what a typical grown person might like. That is literally the demographic inconsistency people use when they say something is "shounen" or "seinen". Too many times people will use these words to throw out some kind of objective conclusion to who something is for based on X when it is the same logic as people calling RWBY an anime because it felt like one lmao.

Point is, what you like is what you like and any real quality to yourself prolly doesn't have an effect on that.
Dec 15, 2021 5:15 PM
Apr 2021
The target audience for most cute girls doing cute things (CGDCT) anime and manga are adults (Seinen). Many CGDCT anime are based on mangas. For example, Manga Time Kirara is one of the best known CGDCT manga publishers.
Dec 15, 2021 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Was going to say same as above me ^

CGDCT is one of the only genres of anime which is primarily made for and marketed to adults, however odd that may seem to outsiders.
Dec 15, 2021 9:32 PM

Sep 2018
I 1st started liking anime when I was a kid like with Digimon, Beyblade, Pokemon s1, and Yugioh. Fetishes are not something you grow out of so no matter how old you get they will likely remain. Same is true for attraction as it is highly unlikely to change even as you age. Eromanga Sensei was good, but the ovas were amazing btw.
Dec 15, 2021 9:32 PM

May 2010
In some people tastes change with age, but if yours didn't, trying to force yourself to only watch "age-appropriate" shows because you're "too old for cute shows" is far weirder. You should just watch whatever you want even as an adult.
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku
Dec 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2021
if you are over 20 and still watch anime you are forever alone like I am or a liar

More topics from this board

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - 5 hours ago

10 by Freshell »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you ever really sit down and really think about the short term and long term effects of AI in your industry?

tsukareru - 29 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Are you aware of these Japanese memes?

Kiryotsu - 6 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

88 by Freshell »»
8 minutes ago

» How do you travel daily

ST63LTH - May 3

26 by Serafos »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.