Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, watching Chika's mental state and fear of her past really was disheartening.

The episode took on a more psychological approach to her character, something that I actually think they've done well. It made me invest into her character more.
Nov 27, 2021 11:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hyuse activated Chika's fears and disturbed mental state due to her backstory with the neighbor and how she doesn't want to be selfish and be ready to shoot so they won't reproach her to not do it, it's understandable how she thinks and they did it right for us to understand perfectly I would say, that was sure a good development for Chika
Nov 27, 2021 11:08 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I can really relate with Chika regarding her reason for not wanting to shoot people. She is just super self-conscious about what others will think of her for doing so with various reasonings. If I was in her shoes, I might have acted in a similar fashion, though perhaps not exactly to the same degree.

There wasn't much ground covered this episodes, but we got needed details on what was going on with Chika, and this episode succeeded perfectly in regards to that. The animation style of the show limited the effectiveness of the emotions that they could put on display from Chika's face, but it was still really well done.

I assume that the next battle will start at the very end of the next episode, so there will probably be a lot of strategizing next episode. The pacing has been mostly decent so far, so hopefully it stays true for the rest of the series.
Nov 27, 2021 11:16 AM

Jun 2021
anime-prime said:
I can really relate with Chika regarding her reason for not wanting to shoot people. She is just super self-conscious about what others will think of her for doing so with various reasonings. If I was in her shoes, I might have acted in a similar fashion, though perhaps not exactly to the same degree.

There wasn't much ground covered this episodes, but we got needed details on what was going on with Chika, and this episode succeeded perfectly in regards to that. The animation style of the show limited the effectiveness of the emotions that they could put on display from Chika's face, but it was still really well done.

I assume that the next battle will start at the very end of the next episode, so there will probably be a lot of strategizing next episode. The pacing has been mostly decent so far, so hopefully it stays true for the rest of the series.
I haven't seen you comment on episode posts for a while lol
Nov 27, 2021 11:31 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Pred8r said:
anime-prime said:

I post frequently and consistently for certain shows, though it depends on the season. I normally watch dubbed, and when I do, I don't bother posting since it's already at least a month after the episode aired subbed. But whenever there is a show that I do watch the sub for, more often than not, I post for each episode.
Nov 27, 2021 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 27, 2021 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was really nice. Aside from the other stuff with the BBQ and the others. The strategy meeting later on comes into action. Hyuse really did a number on Chika's mental state of the mind, but he does bring up good points/facts without much evidence. However Hyuse brings in a what if scenario with Osamu and Yuma that can change things around. I mean Chika we all know that he cannot shoot people. But there is another reason behind it. She had a friend that believed her, but she ended up missing. But she is afraid of being blamed for many things. Either that, she can also is afraid of being in the spotlight of attention and people can end up talking bad/smack, or behind her back for it because of what she did or what she can do. However, with the help of Renji and Usami she manages to calm down a bit. Now Chika goes to Hyuse and Yotaro and going into action once more. Can't wait for the next episode. And the next and final round of B-rank wars is going to be exciting. X3
Nov 27, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2020
One of the things I really like about World Trigger in general is how it's usually very straightforward and battle-focused, but it's also really nice to get a more emotional episode every once in a while. Great episode overall!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Nov 27, 2021 12:12 PM
Nov 2020
Today's episode felt so short! :(
I don't understand how anyone could have blamed her for the disappearance of her friend Aoba-chan and, therefore, how the fear of being accused somehow arose in Chica, but if Chica overcame her fear, the Tamakoma 2 would truly be invincible!
Nov 27, 2021 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
This was a good episode. Not that Chika experienced childhood trauma, but how she explained it and how they handle it. Unresolved trauma can drive a person's whole life; Chika even mentioned that it causes her to overachieve (not in so many words, but she said she tries as hard as she can to avoid receiving blame). Compare to how common it is for children who experience divorce to blame themselves for that divorce.
Nov 27, 2021 3:12 PM

Jun 2019
I think this series takes itself too seriously at times with all the dramatic music and character reactions. Tbh, I still don’t think Chika’s reasoning for not shooting people makes sense, but I’m happy as long as she moves past it.
Nov 27, 2021 5:08 PM

Jul 2011
Is good episode when is focused on one of the MC squad, not the blabbering of other squads. But when is Chika focused is great.

On one side was very sad the exploration of Chika psychology and reasoning, but on another side Chika expressions where so great that could make a meme template.
Nov 27, 2021 5:57 PM

May 2012
I really like Chika as a character but I think her reasoning is kind of weak? Not entirely sure if I really get her "I-am-scared-of-being-blamed" logic but maybe there are really some rare characters like that. But at least, it seems like she will be able to move forward now with a new resolve. All thanks to Hyuse's straightforward attack! hahahahha. I really like his bluntness & direct approach in everything.
Nov 27, 2021 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
Good to know Chika's reason for not being able to shoot and nice she finally resolved herself to be able to do it, good job Hyuse kun. Also Konami was adorable.
Nov 27, 2021 8:27 PM

Oct 2014
I can't wait to see the people's expressions when Chika shoots to kill(more like destroy).
Nov 27, 2021 9:32 PM

Nov 2012
Hyuse seems to be the catalyst for T-2 to step their game up. I hope it doesn't take the possibility of losing another friend for Chika to break her barriers.

Pred8r said:

Funny, I thought the same a couple of weeks ago. lol
dragynfaerieNov 27, 2021 9:37 PM
Nov 27, 2021 9:40 PM
Jun 2019
am i the only one who thinks hyuse was a bit too harsh on her? mf literally caused a panic attack on her
Nov 28, 2021 2:41 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Iirc, there were quite a lot of people who also thought Chika's real reasoning for being unable to shoot people was either weak or hard to believe when the manga chapter came out. And I suppose that's understandable, because that way of thinking is very extreme. I can personally relate to her, and I loved this revelation about Chika and the vulnerability she displayed in this episode.

While not exactly in the same shoes, I liken her feelings of being scared of being blamed similar to me being a people pleaser. Like anime-prime said, she is very self-conscious, and in turn, she acts in ways to relieve her fears, which she believes to be selfish. Viewing as a third person, I agree with Usami that it's normal that people act out of their own self-interest. But I can connect with how Chika views of herself, how she is ashamed of the reason she is unable (or not allowing herself) to shoot at others. She doesn't think of herself as a good person, and it's really scary to admit that. I think for people who cannot relate, it's sort of like, what's the big deal? But it really is a big deal for people who care a lot about what others think of them.

Hyuse wasn't exactly tactful in the way he confronted Chika, but him making Chika realize that her inability to shoot could cause harm to Osamu and Yuuma was the right call. Unfortunately he couldn't say in a way that wouldn't trigger a panic attack... Now, Chika understands the stakes, and she's moving forward to change herself and be even more of a help to her team.

Serious talk aside, Tsuji was so cute, haha. He usually looks so cool in his team outfit, but it's surprising to see that he's not good with girls. Even funnier when he is impressed by Osamu being able to dine with three girls :'D Inukai is also great at extracting information so nonchalantly, haha.
Nov 28, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2018
I don't remember how I felt when I read the manga chapter on Chika when it came out, but this time, I think the mangaka wanted to do a riff on a hated monster. Like how in Naruto, Jinchurikki are hated and feared and the only way any of them got acceptance was through hard work.

The difference here was that Chika experienced how hard it is to live up to everyone's expectations and does everything she can not to be judged by others before she got powers. It's like Chika is a representation of how Japanese culture forces Japanese people not to stand out while forcing themselves to fit in by any means possible.

In the real world, its like being too smart or a breadwinner and not wanting everyone to put the blame on you for what happens. But also being unable not to blame yourself for the outcome, no matter what positive or negative thing happens.

I can't say I personally relate to that way of thinking, but in this story it makes Chika a more compelling character in my opinion. I love all the ways Daisuke Asihara flips shonen story tropes to tell different stories.

Hopefully they fit all of the rank 8 match into the episodes we have left.
Nov 28, 2021 10:28 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I really liked this episode, it was one of the best I seen for the series hands down, we finally reach the bottom of why Chika is afraid to shoot, hopefully she can find a good reason to so their team can safely go on the expedition.
Nov 28, 2021 11:43 AM
Nov 2010
Good episode, adding more investment into Chika's character for the viewers and quite likely having an impact on what comes next.
Nov 28, 2021 5:05 PM
Feb 2021
I don't understand Chika's fears. How could she be blamed for Aoba's disappearance? Also, how could she be blamed for doing something normal as a sniper? A thing everyone expects her to do?
Nov 28, 2021 5:08 PM
Mar 2020
oop accidently watched episode 8 before episode 7.
Nov 29, 2021 2:40 AM

Oct 2014
Banga192 said:
I don't understand Chika's fears. How could she be blamed for Aoba's disappearance?

People could've said "Aoba was abducted because Chika told her about neighbors" or "Aoba was abducted because she was always around Chika, the neighbor was after Chika but took her instead".
Banga192 said:
Also, how could she be blamed for doing something normal as a sniper? A thing everyone expects her to do?

She thinks her massive Trion and ridiculous canon shots could've made some of her team's opponents complain about how unfair it is, become jealous or dislike her. She didn't want to stand out in that way and have other people's hostility and shit talking to be directed at her.

That said, this is the mind of a 14 year old girl, I think the drama and characterization is handled fairly well but I personally don't relate to this way of thinking.
Nov 29, 2021 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
I think this series takes itself too seriously at times with all the dramatic music and character reactions. Tbh, I still don’t think Chika’s reasoning for not shooting people makes sense, but I’m happy as long as she moves past it.

I agree. This shows works best when it is a tactical show about battles. The character stuff always seems to drag on.
Nov 29, 2021 10:35 AM
Nov 2007
So we’re currently in the between matches part of the story, but there are only 4 episodes left and a match tends to last around 3 or so. We haven't even gotten to the part where we see all the teams strategizing yet.

This means that unless the next round starts next episode and they skip the setup (not a chance) it’s not gonna happen at all this season. As such, the last 4 episodes are just gonna build up to nothing unless a season 4 happens in a few years. There aren't enough episodes left to actually show what comes of Chika's shooting people issue.

XeirosNov 29, 2021 10:39 AM
Nov 30, 2021 2:23 PM
Aug 2018
Blue_Maroon said:

Chika's reasoning doesn't make sense... because we've never seen a single person being harassed or suffering from being too powerful in this anime. Even powerful rookie showing up from nowhere (Yuuma, Hyuse) didn't get harassed a single second. On the contrary, top attacker from Border were happily engaging in duel and stuff.

Also, Chika's reasoning doesn't make sense... because if she's trying to avoid criticism, there is nothing worst than being useless. Also, it directly contradict her goal of trying to rescue people kidnapped.

I think it would have make more sense if she didn't want to shoot people because she made a mistake during an actual mission or maybe because she's deliberately holding back so she doesn't have to go rescue them (because if she does, she'll have to confront the reality... instead of being able to imagine whatever she wants).

But, the author needed a justification so that Chika start out useless and then start improving. It's the basic of writing. The reader decide if he thinks the justification is good enough. Personally, I don't really care. If it means Chika is going to be more useful, I'm all for it :)
Nov 30, 2021 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
Hyuse confronted Chika about the exact scenario I was thinking of and I too was sure that she will shoot if the lives of her dear comrades is in danger.

So whether she shoots or not, she's going to get self conscious anyway, so I believe it's better to make full use of her abilities for the sake of her friends and it's good to see she found that resolve here in this episode.

On a different note, it's my first time I see different kinds of mods on an episode forum. And I'm glad it's about WT, haha.
Dec 1, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2015
Nice episode overall, also I feel Chika got a little stronger. I want to see her answer to Hyuse too.

(So much mod comments here lol)
Dec 2, 2021 4:09 PM
May 2020
The way I understand it Chika doesn’t want to be the center of attention. She doesn’t want people to see her as strong or a freak with high trion, or even being a neighbor. She also doesn’t want people to blame her for when things go bad so she pretends that she’s weaker than she is and does just enough to help her friends. It’s valid since Chika is still just a teenager. Good development in my opinion
Dec 3, 2021 7:25 AM

Jun 2016
i love chika and her character development !!
Dec 5, 2021 9:36 AM
Jun 2015
NirvashX1 said:
i love chika and her character development !!

Better development than zero two and that's as a side character
Dec 9, 2021 1:09 PM
Jan 2015
tingy said:
Iirc, there were quite a lot of people who also thought Chika's real reasoning for being unable to shoot people was either weak or hard to believe when the manga chapter came out. And I suppose that's understandable, because that way of thinking is very extreme. I can personally relate to her, and I loved this revelation about Chika and the vulnerability she displayed in this episode.

While not exactly in the same shoes, I liken her feelings of being scared of being blamed similar to me being a people pleaser. Like anime-prime said, she is very self-conscious, and in turn, she acts in ways to relieve her fears, which she believes to be selfish. Viewing as a third person, I agree with Usami that it's normal that people act out of their own self-interest. But I can connect with how Chika views of herself, how she is ashamed of the reason she is unable (or not allowing herself) to shoot at others. She doesn't think of herself as a good person, and it's really scary to admit that. I think for people who cannot relate, it's sort of like, what's the big deal? But it really is a big deal for people who care a lot about what others think of them.

Hyuse wasn't exactly tactful in the way he confronted Chika, but him making Chika realize that her inability to shoot could cause harm to Osamu and Yuuma was the right call. Unfortunately he couldn't say in a way that wouldn't trigger a panic attack... Now, Chika understands the stakes, and she's moving forward to change herself and be even more of a help to her team.

Serious talk aside, Tsuji was so cute, haha. He usually looks so cool in his team outfit, but it's surprising to see that he's not good with girls. Even funnier when he is impressed by Osamu being able to dine with three girls :'D Inukai is also great at extracting information so nonchalantly, haha.

you said it perfectly!
Jan 7, 2022 5:34 PM

May 2015
Best episode of World Trigger in a while. Finally some Chika development.
Apr 22, 2022 4:10 PM
Nov 2019
As it's heavily strategic team work dependent show that executes well by providing screentime for huge character cast, character development isn't the strongest part of it and without that antagonist joining forces with protagonist or such related character dynamics falls apart. However there're subtle minor yet significant changes that help character progressions and dynamics to grow smoothly. An honest confession about reasonable selfishness by the female lead Chika is revealed late in the show which is triggered by a neutral character Hyuse who isn't overprotective of her. I will be writing about him later in this comment. Chika's personality growth from usable timid nature to something others can actually depend on is subtle but fleshed out. I really loved the fact that even though late they invested an episode regarding her psychological aspect of overcoming fear by accepting herself through the honest confession instead of sudden personality shift in future. Now the process and reasoning of initially antagonist character Hyuse joining the protagonists out of self/mutual interest is more logical than other lame reasons which reflects the charm of World Trigger's character progression that eventually provided the character dynamics to trigger Chika's self acceptance. It also opens up the character to spend more time and understand psychology of the people who are initially presumed as opposing entities that can eventually back up his reason for joining this side for good in future and helping each other. And the fun part is this type of small events are hinted in narrative by Jin's ability :3
Jul 16, 2022 11:08 AM

Mar 2019
I do get what Chika's saying, but I loved the way Hyuse said it there. They will die if you won't be able to shoot the humanoid neighbors.

But if Chika will be able to actually shoot, then Tamakoma2 will have a really good chance. Osamu's still useless though.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 8, 2022 7:09 PM

May 2019
YAY

Chika Bomber all the way!

Theory: Feeling of public guilty is a multiplier of Trigger. That would explain Chika, lol.
Rob7Dec 8, 2022 7:12 PM
Feb 12, 2023 6:26 PM
Oct 2019
good grief. they try to make everything so dramatic. they spend half of each episode strategizing and analyzing fights. sure, stupid osamu always worried about that stuff before, but this season is taking it to an extreme. too much exposition
Mar 28, 3:32 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, a character development for Chika.
It took too long, quite so.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

» New season wen??

jozel96 - Jun 29, 2023

8 by MasahiroKun »»
Mar 17, 9:36 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2022

104 by ArcCryptid »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2021

30 by TheBHSP »»
Sep 26, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2022

54 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » World Trigger 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2021

28 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 3, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.