Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2022 3:08 AM

Jul 2007
Any news on when this will be released?
Apr 4, 2022 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
I loved every single second of this movie. What an amazing movie! I’m really looking forward to the next one.
May 14, 2022 12:50 PM

May 2016
Did the author make this politically correct like he said in the interview?
Jul 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Jun 2021
I dont care what people say about this anime. It is still my favorite after 6 years.
Jul 8, 2022 12:16 AM

Apr 2020
Pretty cool movie. I wish Asuna was like that in the main series. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 8, 2022 1:00 AM

Aug 2020
animation top notch, story-wise it was decent enough, I feel like they followed the script properly. It was interesting to see how this anime still alive despite the years. Seeing it now is just amazing and it makes you proud you reached this moment. Asuna pov quite good, Kirito my man always doing the work. I just can't say that Sao is not good because it definitely has something in it that makes it good.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 8, 2022 2:44 AM

May 2020
Man this movie was released back in October last year, and I watched this now. Sigh... I guess I should visit theatres every now and then.

I was never a fan of Asuna, and most probably will never become after all these time, though that goes for most of the girls in this series except a certain someone. This movie did a good job to make anyone reconsider their thoughts on Asuna. Well betrayal always makes anyone stronger, so maybe it was indeed needed lol. Though anyways I already hate this new character, watching her anymore will be a pain.

Most of the things in later half was already something we saw back in first season, but still few things not making sense to me like that Kirito saving Asuna from plant monsters, anything whatsoever about Mito was never mentioned in the whole of 100+ episodes of this series. Guess that's what the abundance of anime original content feels like.

Animation being a standout not surprising to me, given it's a movie and also this series had this thing going with it for as long as I can remember. Same for that catchy soundtrack. That floor boss fight sure brought back memories, well Aincrad was one of the arcs I genuinely liked to some extent. Great to again relive the godly deeds of Kirito-sama, the one and only BEATER.

A good movie in all honesty even considering it was all from Asuna's perspective. 7/10.

I hope I won't be this much late for the next one lol.
Jul 8, 2022 3:44 AM

Apr 2020
Finally watched this movie, I didn't get the chance to catch it in theatres. I overall liked the movie, adding anime original scenes wasn't as bad as I thought

Also the ending theme animation was a reference to sao season 1's ending theme yumesekai by the looks of it

overall 8/10 enjoyable and recommended
Jul 8, 2022 5:43 AM
Sep 2020
much better than the main story that's for sure and we don't have to see kirito's overpowered bs every single time. 8/10
Jul 8, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2020
OH FINALLY after 6+ months of waiting I can finally watch it digitally! This was pretty good especially for sao. It was nice watching the Aincrad arc with a little bit of a brand new plot and watching it in Asuna's POV instead of just all Kirito. The sakuga fight scene with the raid boss was pretty cool too. 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2022 8:30 AM

May 2016
did they make the girls less sexy on purpose or is it me?
Jul 8, 2022 8:44 AM
Jan 2017
talesoferic said:
was there a bath scene like the light novel or the manga for anyone who saw it?

Yes there was!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 8, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2022
I found the movie too short for my part, personally I really liked the character of Mito who is clearly put aside in the second part of the movie.
In short it lacks development but it's always nice to see the Aincrad again, a movie above all for the SAO fans

Short Scene of the Movie ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb6_VqJHO9Y )
Jul 8, 2022 10:20 AM

Jul 2021
koala12345 said:
much better than the main story that's for sure and we don't have to see kirito's overpowered bs every single time. 8/10
kirito is the least overpowered MC
just because aincrad skipped 70 floors doesnt make him overpowered. he literally suffers the most from most characters, hes manipulated by the government and abused emotionally for it.
Jul 8, 2022 10:21 AM

Jul 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Did the author make this politically correct like he said in the interview?
depends on what you mean "politically correct" i guess mito and asuna were a little gay, but asuna and yuuki were also a little gay and that was an early volume
Jul 8, 2022 10:28 AM
Oct 2021
Well SAO still gets me going even many years after its debut. Hyped for the 2nd movie. Here’s hoping that they will actually screen it in my local cinemas this time round
Jul 8, 2022 11:21 AM
Jun 2013
Cant believe Asuna said that, "it's wherever he goes". Kirito is the best MC ever. SAO is my favorite Anime of all time, thats forsure
Jul 8, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2018
That last battle sequence was so sick, I love seeing this newer animation style with SAO, fits much better than the S1 and S2 versions. It's also nice following around Asuna and her adventures with Kito and Kirito, I think it's really refreshing to see.

Wonder if Argo will play a part next season, I only know of her from the games.
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 AM

May 2020
Amazing movie loved every second of it only bad thing about this is that i cant watch it in the cinema unfortunetly....Cant wait for the next one
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jul 8, 2022 11:45 AM

Oct 2020
vampirenazuna said:
koala12345 said:
kirito is the least overpowered MC
just because aincrad skipped 70 floors doesnt make him overpowered. he literally suffers the most from most characters, hes manipulated by the government and abused emotionally for it.

Actually truez but the timeskip makes it seems like he is OP, actually he maxed out his levels than the other players so he is no. 1 but he had to put in a lot of work, in the LN he says how he does side quests and boosts his level, just like how he adviced Klein on the first episode.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jul 8, 2022 11:47 AM

Oct 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

they are kids bruh, 11-13yrs, let them grow up....this movie is rated pg-13
Anayan_KashyapOct 15, 2022 10:52 AM
Jul 8, 2022 12:15 PM

May 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

they are kids bruh, let them grow up....this movie is supposed to be a pg-13🙂

lmfao what? So what was the difference between this and the previous SAO when they were still under 18. and tons of other shows with sexy looking 14yo/underage girls?
Jul 8, 2022 3:47 PM
Dec 2010
so i finally saw the movie, great one
question, male avatar mito, who's VA was? i heard it before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIYWeFwXEA8-sqq?format=jpg&name=large
Jul 8, 2022 5:26 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Such a refreshing arc with asuna pre-waifu mode. The edgy Aincrad days we loved are finally back. It was a bit unsettling seeing the art difference, but I feel like it shifted back at the end scene.(Maybe a representation of fetus KiritoxAsuna vs the ones they are in present day? Or maybe it's closer to LN version of them).
Kind of relieved Mito didn't become a martyr, and that Asuna forgave her in a way that's reasonable. Death changes a person. Also paused to see that Mito kept the braided look even during the match. No I'm not crying. Power of friendship /s . The drop item ends up being an item she can use to beat level 99.
Was the secret Kirito was hiding regarding the rare mob? Or plot twist, he peeped in the shower bwahaha. Did anyone notice?
My memories a bit hazy, but it seems like they rewrote a lot of the original content (i.e. -- I might be remembering a different fight stage -- but Kirito didn't expose his dual wielding). It seems to match/promote the game more with the idea of the switch--which although lowkey annoying that such a minor detail changed so much-- I don't hate it.

Anyways, it seems like Kirito and Asuna got a death flag on their heads for being too OP. That or this is how Asuna gets scouted for the guild life. I don't hate it, although it made me question everything since it's been so long since we've seen the original. But at the very least, even though this is a movie form -- it seems likely we'll see a continuation of this.
Jul 8, 2022 6:13 PM
May 2020
Has this movie been dubbed? And if so is there anywhere (as in websites) where I can watch it. Thanks for any help with this in advance.
Jul 8, 2022 7:43 PM

Aug 2019
SneakyAssasin said:
Has this movie been dubbed? And if so is there anywhere (as in websites) where I can watch it. Thanks for any help with this in advance.

Yes, it has been dubbed. But sadly the dub doesn't have a release date yet...
Jul 8, 2022 10:23 PM
May 2020
Yaggamy said:
SneakyAssasin said:

Ahh okay thanks for the info, I was looking for it on websites and could only find subbed.
Jul 9, 2022 1:00 AM

Apr 2014
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Agreed let kids look like kids instead of sexy bombshells. I know most of the time this is not done, which is why even more special here. The focus on "fan service" was little and you could tell since they actually focused on action and emotional aspects.
Jul 9, 2022 1:14 AM
May 2019
SneakyAssasin said:
Yaggamy said:

Ahh okay thanks for the info, I was looking for it on websites and could only find subbed.

The dub was in theaters only like 6 months ago so I would probably expect the dub to be out later this summer or before the 2nd movie comes out in September/October in theatres.
Jul 9, 2022 1:15 AM

Oct 2020
Leonhart93 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Agreed let kids look like kids instead of sexy bombshells. I know most of the time this is not done, which is why even more special here. The focus on "fan service" was little and you could tell since they actually focused on action and emotional aspects.
well, progressive don't have much Ecchi scenes, just lots of bath scenes.....at least one on each floor, like we got to see Asuna bathing in this movie & Ordinal Scale, the same way.....other than that, Kirito makes silly jokes and the environment becomes funny, but compared to og SAO, progressive have very little such scenes.
Jul 9, 2022 3:51 AM

Nov 2007
Extended version and main girl's point of view of early part of first arc of TV series.
tsubasaloverJul 9, 2022 3:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 9, 2022 4:13 AM
Apr 2020
Other than I really hoped that this was a on going series not a movie, it gave the same feeling I had when I first watched sao.

(A-1 I give you my respect for redeeming sao)
Jul 9, 2022 6:33 AM
Aug 2019
It was so funny when kirito couldnt get the sword inside the sheath xd Definetely this movie overall was what we wanted since the beginning, more time to develop characters and give details about the floors and put more characters interactions instead of rushing the series. Asuna's pov was great and probably better than Kirito's in original sao, since gives us that feeling of evolution throughout the movie and what would be a true new player reaction. Like, now talking about it, how can people could become self inserted as Kirito despite probably almost nobody play betas xd

Mito was a good inclusion, expected her to die at any point of the movie but lucky she didn't cause I feel intrigued on the next time they'll meet and where.

Sad this movie still had Diabel not wanting to just drink the fkin potion, but still doesn't take this was overall an amazing add up to aincrad arc, just hope they keep it like this and don't fk up. 9,5/10, so 10 in MAL
Jul 9, 2022 6:43 AM
Apr 2021
I'm liking Mito, but not entirely sold since she's a movie original character which makes me glad that she's more than likely to return in the upcoming Scherzo. The production team behind 86 did wonders with original content and I hope the same would potentially apply here.
Jul 9, 2022 7:10 AM
Feb 2020
I just don't understand why they changed a couple of scenes & dialogues from the main show.

I happened to watch first 2 episodes of SAO Season 1 just before watching the movie, so I clearly noticed the points they changed in the movie and that kinda ruins the storyline.

The changes were in basic elements like Sword of Floor 1 boss, the Mito-Asuna-Kirito switches between fights (Mito wasn't engaged in the fight in main show, basic conversation before & after fight between Kirito & Asuna, and so on. Some of these changes contradict what happened in main show.
Jul 9, 2022 7:49 AM

Oct 2018
"Nostalgic yet terrifying."

That what I felt when I watched the first part of the movie. The terrifying nightmare of the main characters. The introduction to Aincrad was like a revamped version of the first season and the dramatic entrance of Kayaba was upgraded to, although from the first season was really sucked. The nostalgia came in but in the second half, it felt garbage like the story wasn't connected to the main season. In other words, CONTRADICTING.

I don't know where this is going but I hope the next movie will somehow connect to the main story from the first season. Animation was dope and it's like I want a full remake of the series from season 1. For now, it's 7/10. It's good but it's meh...

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 9, 2022 7:52 AM

Dec 2015
seeing the va's delivering the same scene (like i.e kirito meeting asuna in the boss meeting) but they had different feels to ofc match the flows
half of this is og, so read the manga at a glance, overall, aside from mito's part, it went more or less the same, except they made argo nonexistent again LMFAO
Jul 9, 2022 8:11 AM
Jan 2021
Hoho lezzz goo i finally watch sao progressive today and i gotta say as an sao fan and ln reader I'm pretty happy of this i even think this is slightly better than in the ln but there's still a bits of problems

Let's talk about the good thing first they changed quite a lot like a super lot they added new things as well as changes and there's some plotpoints that they didn't include mostly from kirito part but it's completely fine since the asuna being more fleshed out in this movie was better and i feel it was in 2nd floor where i really liked kiritos characterization and also the changes like asuna is completely clueless about the mechanics ingame when they meet kirito at the ln but now she has more knowledge since she has a companion at the beginning the knows a lot in the game which is mito i think this honestly a positive thing so far

And now then lets talk about the bad things and the potentialy bad things the discussion about fighting against the first boss was really short it was as detailed as in the ln which i think if they add that this film would be even better and the second one is mito i dont think it's a good idea they didn't kill her character now since i feel she already serves her purpose and she might intervene to the future plotlines depending how they handle it it could be really bad or they would just don't make her appear again which would leave a bad taste of my mouth

Anyway i love this movie I'm having a blast watching this and i love the ost god it's so good and the good classic fantasy theme it's always a plus if they add that sao was the one who awakened my fantasy cravings so this franchise hold a very speacial in my heart

8 out of 10

Edit: i forgot something i needed to say god kibaou is so annoying just seeing him still irritates me
Angel_crush1Jul 9, 2022 8:32 AM
Jul 9, 2022 10:48 AM
Apr 2022
Loved it! Stunning visuals with good plot. Definitely looking forward to rest of the parts
Jul 9, 2022 3:21 PM

Dec 2014
I am extremely disappointed with Misumi character setting, I thought she was competitive see how the movie showing her lose to Kirito in the flaskback. What is the fucking purpose for that flaskback for fuck sake....

I really hope she got improved somehow in the next one.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 9, 2022 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
Reminded me of what I thought SAO was supposed to become after I watched the first ep of the original one. If they don't skip floors and do ass pulls, series will be good
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 9, 2022 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
This movie is so weird, it was supposed to adapt Progressive, but we ended up seeing 90% of what we already knew, and sooo little of new stuff, this movie is basically a "recap" of SAO. Pretty sad and disappointing for a fan, not gonna lie...

Let's not forget that Progressive by itself creates plot holes for the franchise, but they went even further beyond and added an original character that creates plot holes for even Progressive!

I assume the positive vibes are from the non-novel readers that just realized SAO can be good, I would still recommend the novel for those that liked the movie, it's even better...
DooMWhiteJul 9, 2022 7:20 PM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jul 9, 2022 7:21 PM

Jul 2016
Kays90 said:
I just don't understand why they changed a couple of scenes & dialogues from the main show.

I happened to watch first 2 episodes of SAO Season 1 just before watching the movie, so I clearly noticed the points they changed in the movie and that kinda ruins the storyline.

The changes were in basic elements like Sword of Floor 1 boss, the Mito-Asuna-Kirito switches between fights (Mito wasn't engaged in the fight in main show, basic conversation before & after fight between Kirito & Asuna, and so on. Some of these changes contradict what happened in main show.

Progressive will contradict SAO's main-series.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Jul 9, 2022 8:20 PM

Oct 2020
DooMWhite said:
This movie is so weird, it was supposed to adapt Progressive, but we ended up seeing 90% of what we already knew, and sooo little of new stuff, this movie is basically a "recap" of SAO. Pretty sad and disappointing for a fan, not gonna lie...

Let's not forget that Progressive by itself creates plot holes for the franchise, but they went even further beyond and added an original character that creates plot holes for even Progressive!

I assume the positive vibes are from the non-novel readers that just realized SAO can be good, I would still recommend the novel for those that liked the movie, it's even better...

You Are Wrong 💀.

In the main SAO series, there wasn't any 1st floor Boss raid to begin with, Reki has already written the 1st half of Progressive by then so he gave his script (progressive 1st floor Boss raid) and wanted to add it to the anime, and so s1 also adapted the 1st floor of progressive.

This anime is basically the recap, just because you've already seen floor 1 in ep 1&2,, but you've never seen every floor in detail, so wait for the next movie.... till now Progressive advanced to almost 10floors, each year releasing a new floor, so u will get to see some good stuff, trust me.
Jul 9, 2022 8:24 PM

Jul 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
DooMWhite said:

You Are Wrong 💀.

In the main SAO series, there wasn't any 1st floor Boss raid to begin with, Reki has already written the 1st half of Progressive by then so he gave his script (progressive 1st floor Boss raid) and wanted to add it to the anime, and so s1 also adapted the 1st floor of progressive.

This anime is basically the recap, just because you've already seen floor 1 in ep 1&2,, but you've never seen every floor in detail, so wait for the next movie.... till now Progressive advanced to almost 10floors, each year releasing a new floor, so u will get to see some good stuff, trust me.

To tell someone that they are wrong, you first need to give evidence of the contradiction, not agree with them... It is a recap to the anime watcher perspective.
And I already knew all the rest of what you said...

"each year releasing a new floor"
Lmao, that's straight up wrong, I spent like 3 years waiting for volume 5 & 6.

Jul 9, 2022 8:32 PM

Oct 2020
DooMWhite said:
To tell someone that they are wrong, you first need to give evidence of the contradiction, not agree with them... It is a recap to the anime watcher perspective.

What did you expect from this movie if you've already read the 1st half of vol 1, u should know you are reading the first 2eps of s1, then why did u expect something else? That's weird. For an anime watcher, they added Asuna's backstory & Mito, worth of 30mins extra content which isn't bad. And he released both the volumes faster then the normal time 💀, it's still same about what I said.
Jul 9, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
DooMWhite said:

What did you expect from this movie if you've already read the 1st half of vol 1, u should know you are reading the first 2eps of s1, then why did u expect something else? That's weird. For an anime watcher, they added Asuna's backstory & Mito, worth of 30mins extra content which isn't bad. And he released both the volumes faster then the normal time 💀, it's still same about what I said.

What did I expected? Hmm, maybe actually show what happened in the first half of that volume? They skipped content, if you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe go re-read it.
This movie approach is actually horrible for Progressive, they literally dug their own cave, why is that? Well, now they can't adapt the next floor and need to skip it for the movies to actually make sense, in a TV series this wouldn't be a problem.
What is gonna be the next movie after "Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo"? Are they also gonna skip volumes 5 and 6 for the same reasons they skipped the second half of the first one, the 2, and the 3? This is just so dumb...

Jul 9, 2022 8:51 PM

Oct 2020
DooMWhite said:
What did I expected? Hmm, maybe actually show what happened in the first half of that volume? They skipped content, if you don't know what I'm talking about, maybe go re-read it.
This movie approach is actually horrible for Progressive, they literally dug their own cave, why is that? Well, now they can't adapt the next floor and need to skip it for the movies to actually make sense, in a TV series this wouldn't be a problem.
What is gonna be the next movie after "Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo"? Are they also gonna skip volumes 5 and 6 for the same reasons they skipped the second half of the first one, the 2, and the 3? This is just so dumb...

Lol i agree with that, a TV series would've been good choice and also could've been popular, and ofc they have to skip the remaining volumes or it won't make any sense, characters like Nezha,Lind,Kizmel etc etc aren't introduced yet......but this movie was alright, it was a letdown for me too but I can give this a solid 8/10. Compared to Ordinal Scale, the story of this movie didn't feel good enough, the animation & Music upgraded but i still prefer Ordinal Scale as a movie, it was almost perfect for SAO.

My Mal score doesn't count, it's just pure enjoyment.
Jul 9, 2022 8:56 PM

Jul 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
DooMWhite said:

Lol i agree with that, a TV series would've been good choice and also could've been popular, and ofc they have to skip the remaining volumes or it won't make any sense, characters like Nezha,Lind,Kizmel etc etc aren't introduced yet......but this movie was alright, it was a letdown for me too but I can give this a solid 8/10. Compared to Ordinal Scale, the story of this movie didn't feel good enough, the animation & Music upgraded but i still prefer Ordinal Scale as a movie, it was almost perfect for SAO.

My Mal score doesn't count, it's just pure enjoyment.

Yeah, it was a good movie, but I don't think Progressive is just "good".

Jul 9, 2022 8:58 PM

Oct 2020
DooMWhite said:
Yeah, it was a good movie, but I don't think Progressive is just "good".

I hope Progressive= this movie and not the LN series
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

56 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

» Dub??

removed-user - Jul 14, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.