Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Feb 22, 2023 3:00 AM
May 2021
USSR_Moskva said:
Doesn't matter if it killed Higurashi franchise, it's still 10/10 for me!! Recommended!!
Sweet, some would say it's a 10/10 because of killing the franchise!! LOOOL
Feb 27, 2023 3:07 AM

Aug 2014
Higurashi Sotsu (Answers) was very enjoyable for what it was. Just like Gou was enjoyable, so was Sotsu, so I dont know why the negative scores.

Sure, episode 14 and 15 of Sotsu were different with the fighting, but that shouldn't sour the whole experience of this Sotsu season 2

As someone who watched the whole Higurashi franchise this 2022, thumbs up.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:48 AM
Feb 28, 2023 2:17 AM
Jul 2015
Basically yellow friend who in time loop killed torture her best friend many times

just bcs she moved to prestige school in city for 3 years

I still hate that fcking blonde bich blue girl should cut contact that cunt I don't understand why would she obsessed to keep her as friend too 💀💀💀 toxic female best friend
Mar 23, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2012
I mean, if they wanted to make Satoko into a psycho-bitch, sure , go ahead. But, trying to make me feel bad for her when she hurted absolutely ALL THE CHARACTERS...yeah no. She is a horrible person, a horrible friend and should have died. Actually, Rika having to face the fact that Satoko was corrupted beyond salvation and having to kill her to save herself and everyone else would have been way more interesting.

Jun 6, 2023 3:14 AM

May 2014
I only just finished this last week. I hated Gou so much I couldn't bring myself to watch Sotsu weekly at the time. It's really easy to go on and on about how terrible this show is, but I'll hold back. Plenty of people have said much of what I would've.

I think the final scene sums up Sotsu well on its own. Satoshi waking up and falling out of bed, despite the fact he's supposed to be strapped to the bed in case he wakes up and goes crazy at L5. It's like the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

1/10 baybeeee.
Jun 20, 2023 1:08 PM
Oct 2022
Sotsu is Higurashi in name but not in spirit. 
It might as well have been another anime. Despite that, it wasn't as bad as many of the comments made it to be. Although, that doesn't mean it mirrored the quality of the original series either, as it is an inferior product by many metrics.

The main takeaway is its message about friendship and how sometimes they grow apart also applies to Higurashi as a series. "What was before isn't always what it will be."
This was the lesson Satoko missed and what many of the Higurashi fans missed because we wanted more than what this was instead of embracing what it became.

But even at that, it was well done despite the lacklustre presentation and questionable plot points, especially toward the end.
Additionally, the concept of "Witch" Satoko is fascinating, and how they conclude to stay away from each other to "strengthen" their friendship is a fitting end for Rika's character. 
"If you come after me, I'll run away; if you stop coming after me, you'll me find me.
If you go north, I'll go south. If you go east, I'll go west.
We'll see each other again someday, sooner than we think." 

While, yes, everyone else is happy, I wouldn't conclude this is a happy ending for either Sakoto or Rika as they both lose in their own ways.
It is, however, something they should have concluded at the start instead of being immature, but if they did that, then there would be no Gou or Sotsu.

7/10 for the effort the studio put in and some of the shocking moments Gou and Sotsu provided, along with "Witch" Satoko, who is officially the scariest Yandree I've seen to date in anime
Oct 14, 2023 12:51 PM

Oct 2013

Ryukishi can say "Lambdadelta is part Satoko" all he want but I ain't ever eating that shit.

I mean come on just look at them... Takano and Lamb LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME HAIRSTYLE. Ryu just thought "it was Satoko all along! "was better later on and they made this sequel out of it to make the idea "canon". Showing off the witches was the only reason they made this thing.
TitadouOct 14, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 15, 2023 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
not sure if i like this ending i mean yes everyone lives and is happy now even looks like Rena and Keishi got married. all this weird figthing the last episode like ss mode was a bit not higurashi to me.

i expected something like:

Satoko to be killed as she deserved i mean how can she be forgiven for the things she did.

Rika to be killed for a sad ending but at the same time she would have been free and she would have been death as she should have been if Hanyuu did not save her in the past.

they both got killed and we would have had a weird ending.

then again the ending might not be all bad i think i can give it a place. almost no show will give the ending you want exactly its better then a open ending.

i am doubting what i should score this i think i wil give it a high score i mean its still higurashi and i think its a bit under rated most fans probably understand why its scoring so low also the art did not fit the show.

but in the end i still enjoyed the show a lot.
RobertovkNov 15, 2023 2:26 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Dec 15, 2023 8:31 PM

Jan 2020
This is what sotsugyou should have been from the beginning and not the stupid melodrama I had to swallow for 39 episodes.

2/10, just because I got to see a happy ending for the higurashi story in general despite being one of the most infuriating works I've seen. One of the most stupid plots I've seen as an excuse to stretch a series, more so with something like higurashi which had a complex story.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Dec 17, 2023 2:29 AM
Dec 2023
I want this to have a new season again
Dec 17, 2023 2:29 AM
Dec 2023
I want this to have a new season again
Feb 1, 6:19 PM

Jan 2017
sad ended too fast

Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Dec 2018
Sotu's ending is so far removed from what made Higurashi what it was to begin with, at this point it feels like a bad fanfic where somebody tried to make it into a shonen. Like the fights they had in epsiode 14 were so Dragon Ball esque that all seriousness it could ever have was gone. The main motivation for all the deaths being that Satoko doesn't like studying and posh people is the stupidest motivation a character could ever have.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.