Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 18, 2021 12:24 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
For those wondering, Eua has made her appearance in Mei.

Shows up, Summons Satoko to talk to her. Satoko knows her name, but doesnt remember who she is. Eua says that shes not here to interfere, directly alludes to gameboards and games.

Even though Mei isnt cannon, its still clear that the future of Higu is gonna be as a glorified prologue to Umineko and /or part of Ciconia.

Until Ciconia eventually turns both Higu and Umi into virtual simulations.
Haven't read it yet but I already hate the idea after Ciconia.
Sep 18, 2021 1:11 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:

Youve probably already seen it. The theory seems to be fairly popular.

Heck some guy even went to the trouble of typing a mainfesto;
https://www.docdroid.net/kyyCipd/the-hanyuu-eua-ai-theory-v2-pdf

Imo its more or less nonsense, but who knows even Shakanontrice started out as a crack theory.
ChargecoulombSep 18, 2021 1:15 AM
Sep 18, 2021 1:43 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
ssjokg said:

Youve probably already seen it. The theory seems to be fairly popular.

Heck some guy even went to the trouble of typing a mainfesto;
https://www.docdroid.net/kyyCipd/the-hanyuu-eua-ai-theory-v2-pdf

Imo its more or less nonsense, but who knows even Shakanontrice started out as a crack theory.
I always believed that the pony theory was more of a crack theory, than Shakanontrice but anyway.

I just hope that Ciconia isnt supposed to explain the meta world and that Witches are actually AIs from the future/AU or that Higu and Umi are just simulations.

Sep 18, 2021 2:54 AM

Dec 2008
Seems like a (Happy End) is on rail now... or derails again.
Everything could have been directed in a better way that leads to the last 2 episodes.

Ok, that was absolutely terrible how Eua was waterboarding Hanyuu like that, I didn't want to see those scenes again honestly, as if Keichi trying to eat Rika's brain wasn't already gross enough.

poor Hanyuu, being completely helpless against a lazy ass Eua.

That last scene, I hate a cliffhanger at such point, but I hope Satoko gets killed XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2021 3:59 AM

Jan 2019
https://youtu.be/iLhL229YaeY literally all of us now
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Sep 18, 2021 5:31 AM
Oct 2019
god damn i hate the censorship, they ruined the best scene...

so it was Hanyuu deflecting Takano bullet at that time.

Hey New Scene, Hanyuu Oppai lmao

wow the cliffhanger was exactly the same... you gonna make us wait a week again?

I see so many people still didn't get it, Higurashi is about Perspective.
Sep 18, 2021 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
davidyodo24 said:

I have to question what that even means here lol.

Sep 18, 2021 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
ssjokg said:
davidyodo24 said:

Idk what to say if you asking that question...
Sep 18, 2021 8:58 AM

Aug 2009
davidyodo24 said:
ssjokg said:

Idk what to say if you think perspective justifies the bullshit we get for an entire season(more with Gou).

Sep 18, 2021 9:04 AM
Oct 2019
ssjokg said:
davidyodo24 said:

Idk what to say if you think perspective justifies the bullshit we get for an entire season(more with Gou).

Oh yeah, you can say it's a bullshit recap but i like the perspective.
If you didn't like it that's completely fine.
Sep 18, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2020
davidyodo24 said:
ssjokg said:

The obvious question. What new details did Sotsus's persepective give you?
What did Onikashi add to Rena?
What did Watakashi add to Mion?
Did you learn anything new about them, if so what?

Thats why I call most* of Sotsu persepective without substance.
ChargecoulombSep 18, 2021 9:20 AM
Sep 18, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2020
lol that Vier reference, Ciconia is rly gonna get ruined
Sep 18, 2021 4:39 PM

Jun 2019
Chargecoulomb said:
The obvious question. What new details did Sotsus's persepective give you?
What did Onikashi add to Rena?
What did Watakashi add to Mion?
Did you learn anything new about them, if so what?

Thats why I call most* of Sotsu persepective without substance.

Causing the viewer to empathize more with a hopeless and despondent Rika adrift in the sea of shards on a meta level by wearing down the audience's patience and willpower. At least, that's the same form of justification that was used vis-a-vis Yuki Nagato's perspective being vindicated via the Endless Eight during The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Except, I don't even see how it does that. As I've been saying for a while now, the story of these seasons of Gou and Sotsu as it was designed and written shafted every one of the other main characters - Rena, Keiichi, Mion, and Shion - to "focus" on Rika and Satoko. That would be okay (I also love Rika and she's one of my favorite characters from the original seasons) except for the fact that Rika and Satoko were not sufficiently developed. Not in dialogue, not in monologue or internal thoughts, not in showing not telling through action, or any other way. At least there were inklings of development during the St. Lucia arc in Gou. Rika's perspective has been completely absent from Sotsu and she's just seemed like a cardboard cutout going through the motions on autopilot (primarily because these first 13 episodes of Sotsu are just retreading past events which have already happened in Gou and zero new perspective for Rika is added) and the only perspective for Satoko in Sotsu is her spamming the same quotes of bitter determination and ruthlessness, threats toward Rika, and malicious faces paired with the looper eyes. That's not development.

Besides the rest of the main characters, since it's established that Rika isn't going to have any real new added perspective for all of Sotsu which has aired so far, then that means you're going to spend the entirety or vast majority of the season dedicated to Satoko and her vantage point. So then to say not adding more depth to that is a missed opportunity is the understatement of the century. It just feels criminal and insulting.

No genuine insight added into why she feels this strongly about not being separated from Rika and drifting apart when growing up (people who have seen the story of the original seasons of the anime or read the VN or manga can surmise, but that's not the point - I'm sure we all would appreciate far more, let alone for completely new viewers who have to be tuned out or masochistic at this point). No real reflection on any aspect of her relationship with Teppei, Satoshi, Keiichi, or any of her other friends.

I realize the spirit of your post isn't disagreeing with this, but it just has to be said because it's pretty disappointing and infuriating.
WatchTillTandavaSep 18, 2021 4:43 PM
Sep 18, 2021 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
This is garbage. 15 episodes and only 4 (first and 2 and last 2 assuming that are new content) are worth it. At least in this season, we get more Rena
Sep 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Oct 2014
Most amusing part is seeing people defending recaps as the next 10/10 plots ever to be existed.

And why the second season is heavily censored? Is there any reason at all?
Sep 18, 2021 11:07 PM

Oct 2008
i hope this miracle "kiseki" would be a gamechanger that would even upset the likes of Eua!!!
5/5.

Sep 19, 2021 1:22 AM
Jun 2020
PinkShibaInu said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I dont know about a new Anime, but Its safe to assume that part of the reason for SotsuGous existence is Mei.

I cant tell this for sure, but I wonder how succesfull the attempt to introduce new fans were?

Because we can see a few new fans, but not much. For Gou if I remember correctly up to 60 percent were new viewers. A considerable amount got confused / bored dropped Gou near the end.

How many of these new viewers actually came back for Sotsu?

I won't post it because idk how credible it is, but I saw a chart recently showing the full timeline of Higurashi trending since it's inception to now. Basically Sotsu was so unpopular that it was less popular than when Higurashi first came into existence back on CDs. The peak of Sotsu was only half that of Gou and Gou was only high up until everyone realized it wasn't a remake, then it plummeted like a rock.

If that chart was true I wonder how much coping will be needed for Ryukishi07 and his most hardcore followers. It seemed extremely accurate to the release of everything Higurashi related throughout it's entire history. Those statistics basically say "should've stuck to it being a remake."

Part of thr reason was definitely false marketing. People don't like getting lied to about a product. Ryukishi07 tried to get the best of bost worlds and attract both new and longtime fans, and failed, since they're both groups that are attracted by different things.

Every time a businessman tries to target everyone, he ends up attracting no one.

That, and the fact that Ryukishi07 in general is kind of weird and makes strange decisions for WTC at times.
"Anywhere Can Be A Paradise As Long As You Have The Will To Live." — Yui Ikari
"Mankind's Greatest Fear Is Mankind Itself." — Gendo Ikari
Sep 19, 2021 1:38 AM
Jun 2009
At this rate I'll have to watch a Neil Breen movie to wash the taste of this god awful anime off my mouth. What an insult to Higurashi.
Sep 19, 2021 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
KarasuZ said:
Most amusing part is seeing people defending recaps as the next 10/10 plots ever to be existed.

And why the second season is heavily censored? Is there any reason at all?

It's normally censored on JP TV, Funi managed to obtain an uncensored raw for Gou but they couldn't/didn't care enough to do it again for Sotsu.

Sep 19, 2021 6:16 AM

Jun 2012
I'm really tempted to do a drinking game, of every time Satoko has an evil smile with red eyes, and everytime Eua giggles and says "How entertaining" or something along those lines. Unfortunately that would mean watching this travesty again, and there's no way I'm subjecting myself to that. I just seriously can't understand how Higurashi has come to this. I didn't like what they did with Gou but could at least kind of, sort of understand how people could like it if they just wanted edgy shock value. Sotsu is just nothing. Literally 13 episodes of almost no new (meaningful) content. I hope and pray it truly does end in 2 episodes just so we can be done with it.

Not gonna lie though, even once it's over it'll be tough to wash the bad taste out of my mouth. I'm seriously questioning if I even want to read Ciconia at this point, between the handling of this show and the indefinite delay of part 2. Almost doesn't seem worth the effort at this point.
help
Sep 19, 2021 9:56 AM

May 2007
Up to this point could've been done in 2-3 episodes. Such a waste of time.
Sep 19, 2021 10:09 AM

May 2020
WatchTillTandava said:

Causing the viewer to empathize more with a hopeless and despondent Rika adrift in the sea of shards on a meta level by wearing down the audience's patience and willpower. At least, that's the same form of justification that was used vis-a-vis Yuki Nagato's perspective being vindicated via the Endless Eight during The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Except, I don't even see how it does that. As I've been saying for a while now, the story of these seasons of Gou and Sotsu as it was designed and written shafted every one of the other main characters - Rena, Keiichi, Mion, and Shion - to "focus" on Rika and Satoko. That would be okay (I also love Rika and she's one of my favorite characters from the original seasons) except for the fact that Rika and Satoko were not sufficiently developed. Not in dialogue, not in monologue or internal thoughts, not in showing not telling through action, or any other way. At least there were inklings of development during the St. Lucia arc in Gou. Rika's perspective has been completely absent from Sotsu and she's just seemed like a cardboard cutout going through the motions on autopilot (primarily because these first 13 episodes of Sotsu are just retreading past events which have already happened in Gou and zero new perspective for Rika is added) and the only perspective for Satoko in Sotsu is her spamming the same quotes of bitter determination and ruthlessness, threats toward Rika, and malicious faces paired with the looper eyes. That's not development.

Besides the rest of the main characters, since it's established that Rika isn't going to have any real new added perspective for all of Sotsu which has aired so far, then that means you're going to spend the entirety or vast majority of the season dedicated to Satoko and her vantage point. So then to say not adding more depth to that is a missed opportunity is the understatement of the century. It just feels criminal and insulting.

No genuine insight added into why she feels this strongly about not being separated from Rika and drifting apart when growing up (people who have seen the story of the original seasons of the anime or read the VN or manga can surmise, but that's not the point - I'm sure we all would appreciate far more, let alone for completely new viewers who have to be tuned out or masochistic at this point). No real reflection on any aspect of her relationship with Teppei, Satoshi, Keiichi, or any of her other friends.

I realize the spirit of your post isn't disagreeing with this, but it just has to be said because it's pretty disappointing and infuriating.

Absolutely. I agree 100%. The point of a new persepective is to add to characters and give new information to the viewer that they couldnt have recieved before. If that isnt achieved, then the perspective switch becomes useless. Which Sotsu deeply suffers from.

The lack of serious character development is a huge issue carried over from Gou that Sotsu never really dealt with. Its true that its not easy to do that when the loops reset characters back to square one, but even Rika and Satoko suffer from this.

Then they introduced a way around the character reset that occurs in each loop, Memory leaks. Memory leaks are a plot device that could have been used to offer some serious character insight if used properly, bug strangely enough its ignored. How would Rena react to remembering the version of Tsumi where she succeded in blowing up the school? How would Mion react to remembering Meakashi/Watanagashi? We'll never know.

When Gou ended there was a divide on people siding with Rika or Satoko. Now most people side with Rika, because its become impossible to have any empathy for Satoko. A redemption for her (which is highly likely) is going to leave a bad aftertaste
ChargecoulombSep 19, 2021 10:17 AM
Sep 19, 2021 8:27 PM

May 2020
Preview only in Member Niconico stream.

Look like next ep might not be St Lucia recap after all.
Sep 19, 2021 11:13 PM
Apr 2021
Chargecoulomb said:

I'm at a loss of words, just ahahahahahahahahahahaha. What the fuck? Like, why now of all time?

Edit. there was just a 2 screenshots
https://www.reddit.com/r/Higurashinonakakoroni/comments/prsisk/higurashi_sotsu_image_spoilers_from_nico_stream/
Sasuga lmao
Si1verR0seSep 20, 2021 4:15 AM
Sep 20, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2020
Si1verR0se said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I'm at a loss of words, just ahahahahahahahahahahaha. What the fuck? Like, why now of all time?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Higurashinonakakoroni/comments/prsisk/higurashi_sotsu_image_spoilers_from_nico_stream/
Sasuga lmao

So much for previews. Just VA stuff and figurine promotion.

I feel bad for the guy who paid for that.

Screw me, looks like theyre gonna recap the damn swimming segment... So much for no recaps
ChargecoulombSep 20, 2021 4:42 AM
Sep 20, 2021 5:07 AM

Oct 2014
Chargecoulomb said:
Si1verR0se said:

Sasuga lmao

Screw me, looks like theyre gonna recap the damn swimming segment... So much for no recaps
Perfect, more recaps, who would have guessed.

Can't really say much from the texts, but one guy on the Eua scene wrote about her "Doing X on bed?".
Guess Eua will have some bed fun on the next episode.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Sep 20, 2021 5:08 AM
Apr 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
Si1verR0se said:

Sasuga lmao

What even funnier is that from what I know, seiyus were just talking about what happened in Sotsu recently. So it was a recap\retelling of some sort lmao
Don't have anything against VA, but the director's decision is weird af
Sep 20, 2021 5:09 AM
Apr 2021
Hulio said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Can't really say much from the texts, but one guy on the Eua scene wrote about her "Doing X on bed?".

Eua x Hanyu yuri scene confirmed)))
Sep 20, 2021 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
Si1verR0se said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Sasuga lmao
Reddit seems just as pissed at everything, no wthat I look at it.

I dont quite see how MAL is the only place that hates new higurashi.

But...well...
Sep 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Oct 2014
Si1verR0se said:
Chargecoulomb said:

What even funnier is that from what I know, seiyus were just talking about what happened in Sotsu recently. So it was a recap\retelling of some sort lmao
Don't have anything against VA, but the director's decision is weird af
Even Sotsu's radio shows/streams are a Recap huh?
Sep 20, 2021 5:31 AM

Sep 2017
ssjokg said:
Si1verR0se said:

Sasuga lmao

But...well...

I've been active on there for a few months and people were mostly positive about it before the new arc because they hoped that it would be completely new with no recaps and got hyped, then the latest episodes came out and now there's a lot of people complaining about it lol
Manu_0Sep 20, 2021 5:53 AM
Sep 20, 2021 6:35 AM

May 2020
Si1verR0se said:
Hulio said:

Eua x Hanyu yuri scene confirmed)))

Yes, and they will birth Featherine from their loins. Umineko prequel confirmed 1000%
ChargecoulombSep 20, 2021 6:51 AM
Sep 20, 2021 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
Manu_0 said:
ssjokg said:

But...well...

I've been active on there for a few months and people were mostly positive about it before the new arc because they hoped that it would be completely new with no recaps and got hyped, then the latest episodes came out and now there's a lot of people complaining about it lol
Really tho, only now getting disappointed and complaining? People sure are fickle.
There wasn't that much difference between the last couple eps and what came before. Were they completely happy with 11 episodes of recaps? lol.

Well, I guess even the slowest redditors will now realize what Gousotsu really is hmm?
Sep 20, 2021 9:16 AM

Sep 2017
Hulio said:
Manu_0 said:

Really tho, only now getting disappointed and complaining? People sure are fickle.
There wasn't that much difference between the last couple eps and what came before. Were they completely happy with 11 episodes of recaps? lol.

Well, I guess even the slowest redditors will now realize what Gousotsu really is hmm?

Pretty sure some of those people thought "Ok it's nothing that great now but I'm sure Tatariakashi will be really good, I trust Ryukishi" then Tatariakashi came out and they still held hope for the current arc, and now some of them are anxious about the ending being rushed, so now they think the recaps are unnecessary and that they should focus on the plot (as if this wasn't true before lmao)

Tbh I'm fine with people enjoying it but there was so much copium all these months, like every time you pointed out a flaw they'd try to excuse it with some mental gymnastic like "oh i'm sure it'll be explained in the first episode, i wouldn't count that as a flaw" and then the next episode would always prove them wrong, or "too many recaps with barely any new content? the original was literally the same", it's painful to watch I swear.

There's no debating with some of them because they think the series being enjoyable or entertaining is objectively true for everyone regardless of its issues, basically "stop complaining and enjoy it, it's still higurashi"

I'm sure a new season will be announced and some of them will start talking about how Sotsu was totally needed to reach this point and how Ryukishi is once again a flawless writer
Manu_0Sep 20, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 20, 2021 9:40 AM
Feb 2021
OMG...Enough with the recaps please. Can't they just change the title to Gou Satoko Hen or something so we can have the real Sotsu?

I was actually someone who didn't mind Gou being a mix between old and new contents. Except for the last 2 episodes, I liked Gou. I didn't even mind the character OOC and Oniakashi. But Sotsu has been disappointing so far. OG Higurashi and Kai were considered to be masterpieces. As an old fan, I wanted new people to see that masterpiece again, but this is nowhere near the masterpiece I knew, at least up to this point.

The main problem of why less and less people side with Satoko isn't just because of her terrible deeds. It's because Satoko DOESN'T STRUGGLE and her intention is wicked. Following a main character who always wins smoothly without challenge is boring. Kira of Death Note is also a villain protagonist that went astray due to the supernatural power he got, but many people love him because he's challenged and his intention was good. On the other hand, Satoko's intention was selfish and destructive. Even Takano's intention was better than hers.
Sep 20, 2021 10:40 AM
May 2021
Manu_0 said:
Hulio said:

Pretty sure some of those people thought "Ok it's nothing that great now but I'm sure Tatariakashi will be really good, I trust Ryukishi" then Tatariakashi came out and they still held hope for the current arc, and now some of them are anxious about the ending being rushed, so now they think the recaps are unnecessary and that they should focus on the plot (as if this wasn't true before lmao)

Tbh I'm fine with people enjoying it but there was so much copium all these months, like every time you pointed out a flaw they'd try to excuse it with some mental gymnastic like "oh i'm sure it'll be explained in the first episode, i wouldn't count that as a flaw" and then the next episode would always prove them wrong, or "too many recaps with barely any new content? the original was literally the same", it's painful to watch I swear.

There's no debating with some of them because they think the series being enjoyable or entertaining is objectively true for everyone regardless of its issues, basically "stop complaining and enjoy it, it's still higurashi"

I'm sure a new season will be announced and some of them will start talking about how Sotsu was totally needed to reach this point and how Ryukishi is once again a flawless writer

I generally never listen to the most extreme side of fanbases because that's just how they are. They'll echo chamber themselves into thinking anything is flawless or at minimum never bad enough to leave. They can lie to themselves and everyone all they want, sales figures are what matter in the end and Ryukishi07 gets most of his income from his VN (owning 07th expansion basically to himself.) So safe to say I'm not putting a cent into Ciconia after Sotsu/Gou. Episode 15 is my departure from this franchise, I'm left bored out of my mind and beyond disappointed just waiting to get it over with.

Also lmao at the Nico member stream just being recaps of a show, about recaps.
Sep 20, 2021 11:01 AM

May 2020
Hulio said:
Manu_0 said:

Its probably that new car feeling fading away as time goes by.

Passione is also good at keeping the illusion of new content. Makes people feel like that they are getting new content when theyre not.
Sep 20, 2021 11:10 AM

May 2020
PinkShibaInu said:
Manu_0 said:

I generally never listen to the most extreme side of fanbases because that's just how they are. They'll echo chamber themselves into thinking anything is flawless or at minimum never bad enough to leave. They can lie to themselves and everyone all they want, sales figures are what matter in the end and Ryukishi07 gets most of his income from his VN (owning 07th expansion basically to himself.) So safe to say I'm not putting a cent into Ciconia after Sotsu/Gou. Episode 15 is my departure from this franchise, I'm left bored out of my mind and beyond disappointed just waiting to get it over with.

Also lmao at the Nico member stream just being recaps of a show, about recaps.

There are plenty of other great stories that do interesting things that could fit right in with WTC.

- Hakomari.
- A Certain Survey and A certain Monitoring (https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=A_Simple_Survey)
Sep 20, 2021 2:10 PM

Oct 2014
Manu_0 said:
"I'm not exactly happy with Sotsu, but I won't judge it yet. We will need to see the next season before I really judge it, and it can make it better or worse."
Sep 20, 2021 4:51 PM

Sep 2017
Hulio said:
Manu_0 said:
"I'm not exactly happy with Sotsu, but I won't judge it yet. We will need to see the next season before I really judge it, and it can make it better or worse."

"Ryukishi has never disappointed us, I know he's hiding something behind those 15 recaps, I can't wait for that Umineko remake"
Sep 20, 2021 7:15 PM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:

There are plenty of other great stories that do interesting things that could fit right in with WTC.

- Hakomari.
- A Certain Survey and A certain Monitoring (https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=A_Simple_Survey)

These seem, interesting. I wouldn't mind giving them a look some day.
Sep 20, 2021 8:14 PM

May 2020

Previews are out.
https://higurashianime.com/story/009_003.html

St.Lucia Rika in the dark? Looks like we'll return to the op of Gou.
ChargecoulombSep 20, 2021 8:19 PM
Sep 20, 2021 8:21 PM

May 2020
Chargecoulomb said:

Previews are out.
https://higurashianime.com/story/009_003.html

St.Lucia Rika in the dark? Looks like we'll return to the op of Gou.

They kept the most important preview (St Lucia Rika), away and didnt show it to the people who had payed for the stream.... Instead they got Eua on a bed? and Satoko.
Sep 21, 2021 10:58 AM

May 2020
https://www.docdroid.net/lnzdHQc/erikantrice-manifesto-pdf

Erikantrice Full Manifesto was released. Imo, its the only theory that can rival Shkannontrice. I daresay it makes EVEN MORE sense that Shakannon does considering the entirety of the story.

- Yasu has a consistent accomplice for all the games. George. It doesnt change with each one. Which is a huge win. Since Shakkannon introduces nonsensical accomplices (lol Gohda).

- Fits in perfectly with the Meta Scenes (Which no other theory including Rosatrice can match up to 1:1)

- Doesnt make the other characters idiots. (C'mon Youre telling for all the years, Jessica never wanted to meet Shannon and Kannon at the same time! Atleast for a party or something. Its Insane, and makes Jessica, Krauss, Natushi, even Rosa who all spent a lot of time on Rokkenjima complete idiots)

- Explains Erika and makes her more relevant to the core story than 'Berns new self insert oc'. Does a good job of explaining her seemingly irrational dislike of Natsuhi and Jessica.

I listened to Knownomores Rosatrice videos all those years ago. I thought it was nonsense, but the most well done part of Rosatrice (George Culprit/Accomplice) integrates eerily well into this theory.

Italianon seems to think that this is Ryuukishis intended explanation. Yeah... No.

I dont think its anything like that, but a genuine case of someone coming up with a better explanation than Ryuukishi did.

Its unknown if Ryu even came up with Shkannon on his own, or just saw the forum posts (Shkannon started out as a crack theory among fans) and decided to run with it.

All in all its a nice read. 100% Reccomended if youre a Umineko fan, but lets not go saying that Ryu hid a secret message in Umi. Thats just delusion territory, also SotsuGou's poor plot quality makes me HEAVILY doubt that.

ChargecoulombSep 21, 2021 11:10 AM
Sep 21, 2021 11:34 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:

Erikantrice Full Manifesto was released. Imo, its the only theory that can rival Shkannontrice. I daresay it makes EVEN MORE sense that Shakannon does considering the entirety of the story.

- Yasu has a consistent accomplice for all the games. George. It doesnt change with each one. Which is a huge win. Since Shakkannon introduces nonsensical accomplices (lol Gohda).

- Fits in perfectly with the Meta Scenes (Which no other theory including Rosatrice can match up to 1:1)

- Doesnt make the other characters idiots. (C'mon Youre telling for all the years, Jessica never wanted to meet Shannon and Kannon at the same time! Atleast for a party or something. Its Insane, and makes Jessica, Krauss, Natushi, even Rosa who all spent a lot of time on Rokkenjima complete idiots)

- Explains Erika and makes her more relevant to the core story than 'Berns new self insert oc'. Does a good job of explaining her seemingly irrational dislike of Natsuhi and Jessica.

I listened to Knownomores Rosatrice videos all those years ago. I thought it was nonsense, but the most well done part of Rosatrice (George Culprit/Accomplice) integrates eerily well into this theory.

Italianon seems to think that this is Ryuukishis intended explanation. Yeah... No.

I dont think its anything like that, but a genuine case of someone coming up with a better explanation than Ryuukishi did.

Its unknown if Ryu even came up with Shkannon on his own, or just saw the forum posts (Shkannon started out as a crack theory among fans) and decided to run with it.

All in all its a nice read. 100% Reccomended if youre a Umineko fan, but lets not go saying that Ryu hid a secret message in Umi. Thats just delusion territory, also SotsuGou's poor plot quality makes me HEAVILY doubt that.

I am gonna be completely honest... the logical leaps that they have to go through to make Erika relevant and George the culprit seem more stupid than the entire family failing to notice the similarities between the other two.

Sep 21, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
This is the one I've been waiting for
Cant wait, hype
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Sep 21, 2021 9:01 PM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I am gonna be completely honest... the logical leaps that they have to go through to make Erika relevant and George the culprit seem more stupid than the entire family failing to notice the similarities between the other two.

Amen to that. Somethings been bugging me though. How did Erika solve the epitaph in ep6?

Bern had no idea what it was, and Lambda added that going through fragments wont get them the answer to it.

Did Eva really solve it in ep3 since she was an accomplice? Wait Rosa solved it in ep3 didnt she?

Hold on Since Battler was an accomplice in ep5. He probably knew where the gold was beforehand, maybe Yasu had told him. And He told Erika. Its probably as simple as that.

This theory also has Yasu=Ikkuko, which seems to be an stretch.
I looked into it, and apparently this is a somewhat popular theory?

Thinking about it I guessSomeone could come to that conclusion, Ikkuko is weird, and Yasu is hinted to have had plans to leave the island and set up a boat, Yasus death was never confirmed, The Meta Batle between Battler and Beato was Ikkuko vs Tohya in reality, In the ep8 ending she says that reconstructed the Rokkenjima main hall to the best of her memory, Tohya and Ikkuko were.meant to be married before Ryuukishi ommitted it.

Theres also apparently some nameplay involving Ikkuko's , Sayo's and Battler's names.

I dunno, I can probably deny the rest of the theory but this,
Its in this weird place that I cant think of any fact to fully deny it.
ChargecoulombSep 21, 2021 9:08 PM
Sep 21, 2021 9:47 PM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
ssjokg said:

Amen to that. Somethings been bugging me though. How did Erika solve the epitaph in ep6?

Bern had no idea what it was, and Lambda added that going through fragments wont get them the answer to it.

Did Eva really solve it in ep3 since she was an accomplice? Wait Rosa solved it in ep3 didnt she?

Hold on Since Battler was an accomplice in ep5. He probably knew where the gold was beforehand, maybe Yasu had told him. And He told Erika. Its probably as simple as that.

Thinking about it I guessSomeone could come to that conclusion, Ikkuko is weird, and Yasu is hinted to have had plans to leave the island and set up a boat, Yasus death was never confirmed, The Meta Batle between Battler and Beato was Ikkuko vs Tohya in reality, In the ep8 ending she says that reconstructed the Rokkenjima main hall to the best of her memory, Tohya and Ikkuko were.meant to be married before Ryuukishi omitted it.

Theres also apparently some nameplay involving Ikkuko's , Sayo's and Battler's names.

Sep 22, 2021 7:25 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Chargecoulomb said:

Thinking about it I guessSomeone could come to that conclusion, Ikkuko is weird, and Yasu is hinted to have had plans to leave the island and set up a boat, Yasus death was never confirmed, The Meta Batle between Battler and Beato was Ikkuko vs Tohya in reality, In the ep8 ending she says that reconstructed the Rokkenjima main hall to the best of her memory, Tohya and Ikkuko were.meant to be married before Ryuukishi omitted it.

If I remember correctly Ikkuko was the one who commented on it being remade from memory. (Which is weird but I dunno)

I dont think, Ikkuko = Yasu is true either. Maybe Ryuukishi intended for it to be at somepoint, but who knows.

As for the boat scene. Battler might have gone into ptsd induced shock, Beatrice died, but that could simply be Yasu yet again killing off a personality. Yasus death was never confirmed, only Beatos, so thats why I cant directly deny this.

Yasu is weird, she is not counted as a personality of her own, and she is not counted as a person. Which can create a situation of a body that is not a person running around
ChargecoulombSep 22, 2021 7:32 AM
Sep 22, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
ssjokg said:

If I remember correctly Ikkuko was the one who commented on it being remade from memory. (Which is weird but I dunno)

I dont think, Ikkuko = Yasu is true either. Maybe Ryuukishi intended for it to be at somepoint, but who knows.

As for the boat scene. Battler might have gone into ptsd induced shock, Beatrice died, but that could simply be Yasu yet again killing off a personality. Yasus death was never confirmed, only Beatos, so thats why I cant directly deny this.

Yasu is weird, she is not counted as a personality of her own, and she is not counted as a person. Which can create a situation of a body that is not a person running around
Cant look up the Vn now but in the manga it was Tohya according to the speech bubble.

I dont know...I mean if she kills her current self with a shotgun shot to the head it doesnt mean the others can walk around alive. Same for drowning.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2021

124 by xxdaisiesxx »»
Jan 17, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.