Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
When I saw Deiter, I was like *old man voice* DEEEEEIIIIITTTTEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!!"

Why does everyone hate him? I think he's awesome & if it wasn't for him the Turkish quarter would have burned down. Deiter rules. He's one of my favorite children of anime.

I love the character development, but I'm a bit ready for more action. :D

That music they always play buils up my suspense every time. Lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SacredFactor said:
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! D;

I second this motion.

AugmaticDisport said:
Getting a bit tired of all the plot contrivances in this show. Tenma randomly encounters a guy who just happened to be connected to an organization headed by Johan? And with no explanation as to how Tenma came across this guy. Come on... plain lazy writing.

We know that he works underground. He probably got in touch w the man who was in charge of everything to heal him. Remember Roberto explained it somewhat in the beginning.

Marizetta said:
Can anyone tell who is the man that Tenma lives with? I don't remember that I saw him in any another episodes

I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to? At the beginning, when he abandoned his apartment, we could've implied that he was homeless bc of the lady commenting on "his smell." I think what happens is, he helps the people in the towns he travels to & out of kindness, they allow him & [now] Deiter to bunk for a night or two.
NiariMoonJun 14, 2015 2:22 PM
Jul 11, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 13, 2015 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
She's still alive? Damn...
Aug 30, 2015 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
Eva was still selfish as hell.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 23, 2015 3:21 PM
Sep 2015
The only thing I hate more then Eva is her facial expressions.
So ugly! Even before she turned evil she was so damn ugly with facial expressions like that.
Oct 18, 2015 3:20 PM
Feb 2015
She should have killed Roberto when he gave her the gun.
Nov 26, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2014
It makes absolutely no sense what happened in this episode. A professional hitman, in a mountainside farm along with a kid, a cripple, a bait, and the victim. Instead of using Eva as bait, as he was going to do from the beginning, to kill them all, he disappeared.
Don't even get me started on that legendary bodyguard that always faced one side for nor reason. In the open. Instead of setting traps. Well done. RIP

Jan 2, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2014
Okay, i guess Eva's character developed, but i still can't like her.
And oooohh the chicken looks goood O.o
May 29, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
This is probably the first episode that I didn't hate Eva, I liked this side of her quite a lot, too bad that she doesn't show it a lot.
Jun 16, 2016 8:37 PM
Jul 2015
Great character development on Eva's part, despite what she says it's clear she's much softer than she makes herself out to be and knows the good man Tenma is.
Jul 24, 2016 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
good to see eva turning over a new leaf. I felt really sorry for her back during the garden episode. she's been so pitiful lately; this was a nice change.

and wow so much hate on dieter here LOL
he's so cute and adorable, how can anyone hate him asdakglsj
Aug 21, 2016 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Eva is still an egotistic and vengeful bitch for wanting to hand Tenma over to the police, even though she knew about Johan all along. But I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for her, regardless.

And people sure can be weird sometimes. I thought Dieter would be one of the last charters anyone would hate from this anime.
Oct 18, 2016 11:22 PM

Jan 2016
Damn i thought Naruto's gonna die
Apr 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2017
few things:

1) that man came out of nowhere lmao,
2) that was a terrible bodyguard, standing still in the open facing the other direction from the entrance, with no firearm out ???
3) this episode allowed me to gain some more respect for eva, im glad they avoided making her character nothing but a vengeful jealous woman, i love this anime
Jun 13, 2017 1:21 PM

May 2015
She sided with a murderer and now she is even an accomplice she let Roberto kill a man (a criminal, even if she did not want to), Eva's descent is really pretty sad and pathetic. I feel sorry for her more than I dislike her. I mean, she has absolutely nothing of substance in her life and merely clings to a man who she broke the relationship... key word here – she broke with him… ten years earlier. I was hoping that she would redeem herself and maybe she did but I truly think karma is going to bite her in the a$$ if she doesn’t change from this point on and probably is gonna end up dead before this show ends if she doesn’t change her ways…

TripleSRank said:
I wouldn't say Eva was good in this episode. She's still as selfish as ever; in fact, she would rather have Tenma live and suffer than kill him. It's just as evil, as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder how long it will take for these leads on Johan to get somewhere.
+1
Roy_FockerJun 13, 2017 10:28 PM
Jun 17, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2012
Screw Roberto!
Come fite me 1v1 irl (ง •̀_•́)ง

So, you're saying they're screaming at each other like idiots for the entire time? xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 6, 2018 4:28 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode. I don't think Eva would send Tenma in jail, she loves him and is just using that as an excuse. It was nice to see her do something selflessly good. Too bad she didn't talk to Tenma before he left though.
Mar 10, 2018 7:54 AM

Feb 2015
Roberto deserves a bear trap to the face. Eva does, too, but to a lesser degree, especially now.
Mar 19, 2018 6:46 PM
Mar 2018
Did we ever see the guy that lives on the hill in any previous episode? Was he ever mentioned in a previous episode? Do we know why they were staying on this hill for so long -- Dieter says to Eva that hes run up and down the road a ton of times.
Apr 11, 2018 8:13 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was cliche and made no sense. Apart from Eva turning Jesus all of a sudden, the fact that Roberto didn't kill Eva was fucked up.

Eva had some childhood photos of Johan. So what? It is not like sending them to the police will give some clues. The police already know that Johan as a child patient exists and there are records for that. The childhood photos never make a difference.

Second, it is impossible to believe that Eva had a mechanism to send the photos after her death. I mean come on, the bitch had no reason to do that and she was practically lying. Second, if Eva had blown through all her cash, no one would care if she was alive or dead.

Third, doesn't Johan have people inside the police? Even Roberto knew that one.

Most importantly, from the eyes of Roberto, Eva was already gonna die of shock. It just makes no sense to not go and finish her off cleanly if she was gonna die.

I never knew Roberto didn't want to kill Tenma. He had a clear opportunity and could have entered the mansion easily. The bodyguard there was the last bodyguard and after eliminating him, it is only just killing Diethard and Eva and then you can go and kill Tenma. Diethard was out in the open.

Even more so, his plan didn't fall apart. He advanced so far with Eva. Giving the fucking gun to her was a mistake. Perhaps sex with a woman equal trust for LAME Roberto?

Cliche plot with Tenma save the day. Eva remains a bitch even though Tenma did nothing wrong. Fuck Eva. Oh, I am sorry, by the number of men she had slept with, I suppose she was fucked enough already.

Rumors about Johan AGAIN. If Johan doesn't make an appearance(flashbacks don't count), then I am calling it: Tenma's alter ego is Johan. Johan doesn't exist. Fuck the creators of this anime for hyping me with Johan when he barely makes an appearance.

Worst episode ever. Looks like for the next few episodes Tenma goes to a new town, gets in some European trouble, then hears some rumors about Johan and then saves the day. REPEAT. Also add in some fillers.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 9, 2018 7:03 AM
Oct 2017
Okay I'm confused last we saw Tenma and Dieter they were being dropped off by that old couple in episode 20 now all of a sudden they're with this random mob boss and the rat faced dude. WTF HAPPENED? Who's this mob boss? how'd they end up with him? Where did the rat face come from??? I hope this episode explains this because this anime has done this a few times now dropping characters in random new scenarios with no explanation. How did Nina find out about the detective that killed her parents? How did she find out where he lives? I'm hoping this anime gets better.
Dec 28, 2018 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe Eva will start to change, at least I'm beginning to question her intentions and like her even more as a character.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 4:56 PM
Apr 2016
Heck Eva loves him, heck y'all were expecting smhhh good episode, but who the heck is that old man
Feb 24, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
This is getting downhill from here, hope it gets better.
Aug 27, 2019 5:30 AM

Oct 2013
Eva redemption arc poggers

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 27, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2018
Helmut sure is lame bodyguard, he was just standing right there waiting to get shot.

Yet again, Eva just embrasses herself even more in front of Tenma.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 14, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Eva!!!! Didn't expect that she'd betray Roberto. She's a good woman :)

Felt so bad when she kept saying "Tenma wouldn't save me" ..she should just put her ego aside and bare her heart for him!!
Feb 22, 2020 10:07 PM

May 2017
Ghoultulhu said:

Don't even get me started on that legendary bodyguard that always faced one side for nor reason. In the open. Instead of setting traps. Well done. RIP

Holy shit this has me fucking HOWLING.
Apr 15, 2020 6:17 AM

Apr 2009
KokoroYuudai said:
all of you guys are some scary people. Hoping a kid dies to continue an animes development o-o. thats just downright wrong o-o

Yeah, Dieter is a good kid. He's a kid, but he's brave even though he went through some shit and I think it's good that Tenma has him as a companion during his travel. I could think of other kid characters that are much more annoying, but even then I wouldn't wish them to die just for the story to "develop". Someone here even said that it was good he got beaten up by his "father". What kind of thought is that?! Wishing a kid getting abused by his parent. Geez! Some ppl are unbelievable. I know it's an anime, but we wouldn't get invested into it if we didn't feel for and relate to the characters in their predicaments, would we? Otherwise we could just watch chess games and see the pieces being moved around, no emotions involved other than the curiosity to see the result.
May 10, 2020 8:28 PM
Apr 2020
I’m really late to this discussion, but
1) I’m looking forward to Eva’s development. She’s not evil to the core, she just had a lot of shit hit the fan at once, considering she was spoiled all her life. Her redemption is definitely called for later on in the story.

2) I don’t understand why some people hate Deiter?? He’s Tenma’s only friend, and I appreciate how Deiter always stands by him. There are so many characters in this show with ill will; what’s wrong with having a sweet kid around as a refresher?

3) There’s definitely room for improvement in Tenma’s character later on, which is what’s keeping me hooked so far. Tenma has been blinded by his guilt this whole time for saving Johan’s life, so he’s not thinking for himself. It’s a little frustrating how uninterested he is in putting even minimal effort into clearing his name, though I don’t really blame him because it doesn’t seem like Lunge is willing to listen. I look forward to the day where Tenma will finally be at peace.

4) I’ve noticed that Johan is the most favorited character, which means I’m anticipating some crazy character development in the future.
Jun 9, 2020 7:24 PM

Nov 2017
I was thinking Eva would die from blood loss. Good thing she's still kickin' it. She obviously still has strong feelings for Dr. Tenma.

I found her and Dieter's dialogue pretty amusing. He kept calling her 叔母さん and she's like, "Stop calling me that!" So when he's about to call her that again, he switches it to お姉さん. But when he talked to Dr. Tenma he went back to calling her 叔母さん, lmao.

But shout outs to Dieter for being selfless and brave during that obviously stressful time. He didn't have to help Eva, but he did even when she kept telling him to run away.

Dr. Tenma's positive influence on others cannot be understated. The man he saved in the beginning ended up talking like him and taking up his idea of having lunch outside after Dr. Tenma saved Eva. I know I've had people tell me I've left a positive impression and influence on them, so I hope I can do that for more and more people.

Eff yeah, Dr. Tenma is a good guy!
Oct 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
i knew eva wouldn't want tenma to die, she loves him too much.

who would thought that lunch can bring so much happiness? xD
Dec 22, 2020 2:49 PM

Jul 2020
Well that was intense. I knew from the beginning she wouldn't do it. Hell yeah!
Feb 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Jun 2020
Ok, looks like I can start appreciating the Eva episodes.

Why does Roberto want to kill Tenma?
May 14, 2021 1:36 PM

Nov 2020
Great episode. I thought she would die and it’s nice to see her turn good

jaykaylol said:
Why all the hate for Dieter? He's a nice kid. O_o

Fr like he isn’t annoying so why all the hate
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 17, 2021 10:02 PM

Jan 2020
Dieter should have run away the second he saw eva

Jun 30, 2021 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
deiter Is such a cute kid. I wonder why anyone would hate him.
Aug 3, 2021 3:11 PM

Oct 2013
People are saying Eva turning good was kinda unexpected. The thing is besides her pride and losing Tenma, we don't really know the exact events that occurred to her when Tenma operated on Johan instead of the mayor. I mean Eva really loved her dad as clearly shown by his death. Maybe her dad really warped her mind by telling her that Tenma betrayed them by not following orders. Definitely believable.

Anyways, it's interesting to see her development. These actions definitely fell in line with her character. Wondering what's further to come.
Sep 8, 2021 3:36 AM

Mar 2021
man deiter was annoying as hell

and the story about the bank that told by the old injured guy makes me love johan more
Oct 12, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Well rip bodyguard Helmut.

Good to see Eva trying to warn Tenma there to escape only for him to come to her rescue (actually Dieter), hopefully after this encounter she changes for the better.

Oct 22, 2021 3:12 AM
Sep 2015
JeremiahOrange said:
Worst episode ever. Looks like for the next few episodes Tenma goes to a new town, gets in some European trouble, then hears some rumors about Johan and then saves the day. REPEAT. Also add in some fillers.

I have to agree. Such a repetitive plot and it advances slower than a turtle. No wonder it's 74 episodes long.
Nov 28, 2021 9:28 AM
Nov 2020
Nice to see eva's character development n thank god nothing happened to dieter's otherwise I'll lose my shit
Dec 6, 2021 12:53 AM

Aug 2020
Too many time skips. Tenma is all over the place with no explanation as to why and how he got there. Well, at least we get to see the thief again, and thankfully Deiter didn't get shot.

I heard that the show is engaging around episodes 25-30. The slow placing is quite killing me.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 17, 2021 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
Head of an important clandestine bank at age 15? Is there something all-mighty Johan can't do?
May 9, 2022 8:24 AM

Feb 2021
Ngl I hate how the main characters get thrown around to different locations doing different things each episode
May 27, 2022 7:47 PM

Jul 2016
Lol Eva redeems herself, (kind of) even though it was in bad faith.
Jan 10, 2023 9:44 AM
May 2020
still hate eva, but a lil less now
Jan 12, 2023 9:54 AM
Oct 2019
The second half of the ep was so exciting and perfectly written.
OMG Eva and Tenma finally seeing each other. Eva wasn't so bad right there.

Hyped what mysteries Tenma will encounter in München...
Feb 11, 2023 7:50 AM
Jun 2020
i don't think eva became 'good' she's still a self-centered entitled bitch and she really expected to come and save risk while risking his life for her sorry ass after all she put him through, after SHE was the one that left him. actually crazy. hope she dies soon. dieter is also dumb but he's a kid so it's ok but if he's gonna travel with tenma he better learn to stop calling him tenma and not get into trouble. maybe he can learn how to fire a gun too. roberto suddenly aborting his mission was weird i expected him to at least see who were there which were just injured eva and dieter the kid but ok. also don't get why eva slept with roberto after he smacked her but i guess it's part of making him not kill her yet??? also what would happen to eva and that other injured guy alone in the mansion. also don't get how roberto knew where tf tenma was. excited to see johan in the upcoming eps (i read the netflix descriptions)
Feb 14, 2023 9:37 PM
Feb 2023
Sennin_Darkissa said:
Personally I think Dieter rulz ^__^

Same i like him a lot!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

158 by wallus81 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 4, 2008

138 by wallus81 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Apr 26, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.