Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2021 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
FINALLY..... FINALLY!!!!! After long-delayed from the Koshien, the fourth episode finally aired.
It's time for the summer uniform with a rooftop practice, as usual, good reference. And, they also got their club room, it was a great start after all.
Welcome, Sumire to the world of school idol. She was very cute in the isopod costume, she should be proud of her show biz. Basically, she is Yohane 2.0 with that magic circle. lol I really love her reaction in this episode, especially when Kanon found out about her isopod dance when she was young.
The Love Live stage looks so nostalgic.

Kanon can control the weather, confirm!
The kiss from Sumire at the next preview, wow!!!!! Can't wait to watch the next episode

Galaxy!!!!!

The shrine in this episode is Onden Shrine, a new shrine to visit https://goo.gl/maps/yYWdV5wnC6Wxmes19

AkeZZZAug 15, 2021 7:05 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 15, 2021 7:29 AM
Jun 2021
It was really interesting. Big slap in the face for the people who didn’t believe me when I said Sumire is trying to get scouted and the crepe on nose was for scouting purposes. I really liked how Kanon followed her and we got to see a bit of Sumire’s shrine side. I wonder where they’re going to in the next episode.. hmm
Aug 15, 2021 9:11 AM

Feb 2020
Sumire looked cute in a isopod costume. ^^ Her reactions were priceless throughout the episode.

I got some Yohane vibes from that magic circle, lol.

Sumire joined the club after all, even though she didn't get the center position. However, now she can challenge Kanon and take the spot from her.

Ahh, the classic rooftop practice. Those are one of the moments in Love Live franchise that I love the most.

SerafosDec 26, 2023 6:04 AM
Aug 15, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2019
Sumire has a pretty amusing personality. Definitely getting some Yoshiko vibes from her. I thought the scene of Kanon and the girls scouting her was pretty sweet. Looks like they going to Sunny Passion's home island next episode. Looking forward to it!
Aug 15, 2021 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
accamluafris said:
I wonder where they’re going to in the next episode.. hmm

Kozushima Sunny Passion's homeland.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 15, 2021 5:06 PM

Nov 2014
Um, is the episode delayed again?
Quality Queen.
Aug 15, 2021 5:21 PM

Jan 2019
RAWRfizzz said:
Um, is the episode delayed again?
Well a little bit cause of baseball, but the raw is out now.
Aug 15, 2021 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
was not expecting them to dish out some breakdancing moves not used to lovelive actually animating dances without cg lol.

Sumire huh...wasn't expecting her to be the real meme character shouting her catch phrase all the time

fun nonetheless that uh preview is quite bold
Aug 15, 2021 8:26 PM
Aug 2021
I really enjoyed the episode it was super funny, because Sumire’s personality is so unique and I’m also glad they brought back the nice summer rooftop practicing reference in this episode can’t wait to see next week’s episode 5 has to offer !!!!!
Aug 15, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2011
Sumire in a isopod costume is the epitome of cuteness. And feels that she have more dynamic on her expressions than the other 3.

Sumire literally defeated Keke so badly that Keke didn't had a reaction. If had a mic close Sumire would drop it.
Aug 15, 2021 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Sumire joined school idol club to get the center position in it and they tried to use a voting poll between Kanon, Keke, and Sumire and suddenly Sumire thought she was gonna win it, but Kanon won the voting poll and Sumire suddenly left the club since she didn't get the center position and Kanon followed her when did Sumire suddenly left them and Kanon suddenly popped out beside Sumire and found out Sumire watching her old videos when she was young and wearing isopod costume and it looks kawaii though ^~^ *giant isopod* loved the reactions of them in it then Sumire intimidated Kanon and taken Kanon when she got unconscious and after that Kanon got conscious while she got tied to the chair, Sumire released her after Kanon asked her of "why she is insistent on being the center" and Sumire said she has been auditioning when she was young and she said "no matter how I tried I was always a forgettable extra" and "no matter how much I try, I'll never be able to shine in the center" afterwards, Kanon saw Sumire tried to dance while watching the replay performance of Kanon and Keke on the screen and Kanon said that she came there to scout Sumire and she would love Sumire's knowledge and her experience about showbiz and since Kanon decided being a center after seeing Sumire of how she is insistent for becoming a center Kanon said that if she wants to be the center then take it from me! loved this episode and looking forward for the next episode!
removed-userAug 15, 2021 11:25 PM
Aug 15, 2021 11:53 PM

Oct 2017
Sumire's antics were amusing and good to have her onboard. I wonder who's next, Chisato proly. Also I wonder why there was already a room for the idol club.
Aug 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Jan 2015
Absolutely fantastic episode and my favorite one so far, even more than the debut episode. I love Sumire’s character so much, although I’m not sure what she means by galaxy lol

This series is delivering
Aug 16, 2021 3:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Awesome episode, I totally understand Sumire and I'm already starting to like her, Kanon being the center is probably the right thing but I still cheer for Sumire to take the lead actually xD Giant isopod dance is the new "broccoli" hahaha, anyway Sumire is joining them now so it should be fun, and an island for the next episode... hmmm, I can't wait
Aug 16, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. Sumire is just a giant goofball who wants to be in the spotlight, and her character makes a great addition to the cast. The drama around who deserves to be the centre could have very easily gone wrong, but I was happy with how it was handled and how it tied into both Sumire and Kanon's ongoing character arcs.
Aug 16, 2021 7:53 AM

Jun 2021
midway through this episode Kanon was tied up in some obscure room, and i was thinking "...what the hell?"

Sumire is weird, and also second favorite girl since the discovery of all five of them.
Aug 16, 2021 3:56 PM
Apr 2020
Another great episode, again Love Live hitting that brilliant formula we all love to see, and ensuring that even with less members Liella can stand up to their predecessors.

Anyone else notice the "Honoka Coffee" sign that Kanon hid behind whilst tailing Sumire. I know it's most likely a co-incidence, but we can believe (lol)
Aug 16, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2016
Hell no. This brat did just not insult my girl Keke's hard work as School Idol.

Least favorite episode so far. Not a fan of Sumire's condescending attitude but let's hope it's just a one episode thing.

Also... excuse me? 👀👀👀
Aug 16, 2021 5:28 PM
Aug 2019
As I expected, I loved Sumire a lot lol. This was a great episode, and as always, it wouldn't be Love Live without them practicing in the roof of the school lol.

The second ending was awesome as well, pretty relaxing!
Aug 16, 2021 8:35 PM

Jun 2021
I'll start by saying Sumire is my favorite girl. She's so hot and I'm a sucker for her character type.

The episode story was OK and nothing special. I feel like it did some smalls things well, like Kannon "scouting" Sumire to join the group and having the rain stop once Sumire joins the group. And Keke continues to be absolutely hilarious.

It also had some odd moments like Kanon winning the voting contest, which to me didn't make sense because I don't see why the majority of her classmates would pick Kannon over Keke/Sumire. Also, Sunny Passion only having 98,000 followers on Twitter seems strange too. If they really were popular/talented enough to make it to the Love Live finals, they need to have way more followers. I know I'm being nit-picky here, but I can't help but notice these types of things.
Aug 16, 2021 9:29 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Love Sumire already, her antics are amusing and she's just all round fun. I love how they gave her character background and motivation as well instead of just having her be a meme with her antics.

The scene with Kanon telling Sumire to take the center from her was beautiful.

They really are nailing this series in every way possible so far. Definitely has the potential to be the best iteration of Love Live.
Aug 16, 2021 10:42 PM

Sep 2020
Wait, what. Keke x Sumire? LOL That preview got my heart burst out, my gae heart.

And oh, I like the ritual scene, LOL, its really funny. Good thing Sumire's now with our ladies. Go ladies.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Aug 16, 2021 10:43 PM

Sep 2020
SouthRzVa said:

Also... excuse me? 👀👀👀

This scene though, afffff. Now Im pretty excited to watch the next epi.
Aug 17, 2021 12:54 AM

Aug 2020
9/10 for today's episode, SUMIRE MY QUEEN

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 17, 2021 1:02 AM

Jan 2019
I don't think, that this episode is a masterpiece like most of others do here. This is one of the episodes which follows the typical Love Live story scheme. I cannot do otherwise than to compare this episode with episode 5 and 6 of the original Love Live series. And although Love Live! Superstar!! has better graphics, this episode lacks in the story.
Nico Yazawa (from the original series) was prior the head of the school idol research club and didn't just want the others entering this club as she thought, that they are not good enough. She must be convinced to let the others be part of the club. This happened in a satisfying way. This is not the friendliest act of her, but still not a fundamental bad behaviour. Later she fights for the center position but can accept in the end, that Honoka get the center.
Sumire on the other side enters the club to learn, that she doesn't get the center position and leaves the club again. This is a really bad behaviour. Keke had every reason to be angry of Sumire. Sumire explains herself, but doesn't really change her behaviour. Therefore is the conlucion of this episode to short and much to easy!
Therefore I don't really like this episode
And it doesn't help, that Sumire acts bad to strangers too. I like her less with every episode.

By the way, when Sumire made her antopod dance in the shrine, it reminded me on the "Anglerfish Dance" of "Girls and Panzer" :D

Scientist1968 said:
Anyone else notice the "Honoka Coffee" sign that Kanon hid behind whilst tailing Sumire. I know it's most likely a co-incidence, but we can believe (lol)
This thing is mentioned after every episode ;)

For me I am curious now, why there was a school idol club room before. And I am still waiting for Chisato to enter the club officially.
Aug 17, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2019
SouthRzVa said:

Also... excuse me? 👀👀👀

Hopefully just a thank you and no romantic meaning behind the cheek kiss, otherwise this'll be the first Love Live series i'll be dropping.

If I recall, there's a rule wherein idols can't have relations too.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 17, 2021 8:03 AM

Oct 2007
Sumire insect cosplay dance so funny. She made me laugh. :D

now there's 3 members..

lookingforward to the next episode.

Beauxite said:
Wait, what. Keke x Sumire? LOL That preview got my heart burst out, my gae heart.

And oh, I like the ritual scene, LOL, its really funny. Good thing Sumire's now with our ladies. Go ladies.

yeah, that was interesting. xD

obviously put that in the preview to make people start thinking..

sadly, given the history of the current director of this show with Love Live. It's surely just a friendly peck on the cheek, and not something yuri.

Liddo-kunAug 17, 2021 8:08 AM
Aug 17, 2021 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
Omg finally able to watch the episode and it was worth the wait. Sumire is GREAT. She reminds me so much of Yohane who’s my top LL waifu. Right now I’m torn between she and Chisato for best girl. The classic rooftop practice scene was nice as well as Kanon controlling the weather lol. Can’t wait for next week
Aug 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Jul 2016
Hesmiyu said:
SouthRzVa said:

Also... excuse me? 👀👀👀

Hopefully just a thank you and no romantic meaning behind the cheek kiss, otherwise this'll be the first Love Live series i'll be dropping.

Don't worry. NGNL will get second season and Redo of Healer will win "Anime of the Decade" way before LL makes one of its many ships canon.
Aug 17, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2017
Definitely my favourite episode so far. Sumire is gonna be a great addition, I can feel it. Though, did she kidnap Kanon in public? lol

The scene with Kanon "scouting" her was cute too
Aug 17, 2021 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
this show is very interesting, even the episode was too good.

Sumire is a character who stood out a lot in the episode, with his good dialogue.
Aug 18, 2021 6:10 AM

Sep 2020
Liddo-kun said:

yeah, that was interesting. xD

obviously put that in the preview to make people start thinking..

sadly, given the history of the current director of this show with Love Live. It's surely just a friendly peck on the cheek, and not something yuri.

True, Im pretty aware there's no yuri but mostly subtext in Love Live series but still, since Love Live is not Love Live without ships, that made me excited, haha.
Found my second ship in this series, LOL.
Aug 18, 2021 7:32 AM

Oct 2008
hehe i like Sumire! ~Galaxy!!
5/5.

Aug 18, 2021 1:47 PM

Nov 2020
I'm loving this cast! Sumire is another great addition.

All I gotta say though, SUMIRE KISSING KEKE IN THE PREVIEW? Yuri Live when??
Aug 19, 2021 10:45 AM

May 2018
Much galaxy, very galaxy episode
Aug 19, 2021 10:46 AM

May 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Hesmiyu said:

Don't worry. NGNL will get second season and Redo of Healer will win "Anime of the Decade" way before LL makes one of its many ships canon.

only anime of the decade? Anime of the millennia you mean!
Aug 20, 2021 9:26 PM
Nov 2020
Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4: Machikado Galaxy

The vintage gremlin episode is now here I found it exicited and have fun at same time. I laugh too much at Sumire's montage tbh thus her personality is somewhat realistic because she wants to be a "star" of showbiz but she will only given a minor instead of major maybe some of ppl might can relate to her.

As for the OST. Goddamn the vintage Yoshiaki Fujisawa's OST back in SIP is back I miss that transition. Keke being cute as usual, Chii-chan is being supportive to KeKa and Kanon still stole my heart she is so cute

And the mystery of Ren's mom still on question and Ren being Ren we still don't know the backstory of both Ren and her mom

The rooftop montage is back! It's closer to their School Idol Club room

Finally, KanonP is confirmed they pulled some im@s type of scout out there lmao

Next episode will be a beach episode speedrun
Aug 21, 2021 8:14 PM

Jun 2017
i don't care too much for idols but the wackier character moments from this show are the best
Aug 26, 2021 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
i'm loving it, finally after Muse i have another love live serie i like, it was sure, the same people are working on it
Sep 3, 2021 11:50 PM
Apr 2021
Because Kanon failed the entrance exam for the music course in the past, she understood Sumire's frustration of not being able to make it to the top in the world of show business and having to settle for a minor role, and was able to recruit Sumire to be a school idol.

The shrine run by Sumire's parents is actually located in Tokyo Shibuya called Onden Jinja.
Sep 9, 2021 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Finally, Sumire! A blonde character! Galaxy! Unnamed Pedestrian!

I really can't get enough of True Dreams song, I'm probably addicted to it already... >.<

Now that Keka is now officially recognized by the school, I wonder what will happen to Ren's obstinate personality against School Idols...

Sumire finally found an idea to get famous. To be a School Idol would be more profitable after seeing 98,000 followers... lol and now she's obsessed being a center... hahaha then later lost hope after 2 votes for Kanon being a center. Now for the student body to vote who should be the center... Kanon still wins! Poor Sumire >.> This is getting wild!

I saw invisible arrows punching through Sumire like it's nothing while Keke was stating facts what a Center should be like. Then Sumire later quits because she joined them for her personal gain. This is probably Ren's goal, to discourage people to create a half-baked groups surrounding School Idols... at the very least, that's what my intuition tells me.

Then later Kanon accidentallly or intentionally saw a video of Sumire in her smartphone. While Kanon expresses her impression that she was cute in that outfit, Sumire took it in the wrong way... and later... hahaha the irony... >.<. While I do like Sumire's obnoxiousness, I love her pure and honest personality to do anything for her dreams.

Kanon: "I saw that!" said in funny and condescending way. hahaha

I'm glad Sumire is finally in their group, I can't wait for more! Good for Sumire, finally having comrades towards her and their dreams!
CrazyButNot4USep 9, 2021 9:37 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 26, 2021 11:16 AM

Nov 2016
"Curses for dummies" The classic xD

Sucks to be the backround chara, I understand Sumire's frustration, yet she gotta mostly blame herself for her situation. She's arrogant for thinking that her basic skills are enough to be considered better than others. I also think that said arrogance is holding her back since she may not be able to see the work others put in. She's satisfied with feats like a dancing routine. Instead of building on that to be ahead of her competition she wastes her time on walking the streets.

Lucky for her that she was offered a helping hand. That said, her personality is absoluty amusing. Loved that ritual scene haha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2021 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Won't get tired of Keke fangirl mode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2021 4:28 AM

Aug 2017
So the main girl always has short orange hair...and the blonde girl is like the Russian ballerina. Anyway I love the show.

Don't these girls ever have to study and take tests?
Dec 17, 2021 10:56 AM

Nov 2008
How come this thread has 45 messages and not a single one addressed that Sumire somehow managed to get into the club room before others after they have just received the keys from Ren!? Other than that, i found the dance-offs to be really hilarious. Want more of such goofiness.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Mar 1, 2022 7:41 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
That bitch doesn't deserve to be the center with that entitle attitude. She needs the group more than the group needs her. But then again, her attitude is perfect for the center because all centers in idol groups are so full of themselves that they could make a country out of their own clones.

School Idol is realistically as fun as taking a big dehydrated dump.
Mar 7, 2022 7:59 AM

Apr 2011
Sumire being arrogant is not pleasant, just so she did a few minor job doesn't mean she gets to be the center already and acts all high and mighty. That entitled attitude will get her nowhere. Luckily, Kanon was able to make her join the club again. Her looks are good but her personality sucks.
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
Time to get cozy & enjoy another episode with a cup of Honoka coffee.

I had a feeling that once Keke's antics collided with Sumire's theatrics, we were in for absolute gold. That's the hardest Love Live has made me laugh so early on. Sumire's irritable attitude reminds me of Nico and it's just as adorable. I also can't get enough of the various expressions, particularly Chi's smug smirks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 10, 2021

40 by 28012001 »»
Sep 29, 2023 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.