Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess this show is trying to flesh out Clayman's personality as much as possible.

Another important character from this episode is Leon as he had his conversation with Guy Crimson. His partner Velzard also showed up at that palace. Honestly, this episode's pacing felt slow but was kinda interesting to see high level tier demons making their presence.

Aug 10, 2021 7:33 AM

Mar 2021
The pacing is as usual...

Now we got to know why Milim is behaving like this, But sure Rimuru will do something about it

At last the important guy "Guy Crismon" made his appearance and Velzard too.

A good episode... looks like the action's gonna start next week

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Aug 10, 2021 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
I guess, no action this week as well. I was hoping that it would start this week, but I guess I'll have to wait for another week. But hey, we're getting to see some important-looking faces in the show. I hope Milim goes to her past cheerful side soon. It's hard seeing her like this. Clayman is pissed as usual.

We got to see demon lords, Leon and Guy Crimson who's the oldest Demon Lord having a conversation and Velzard also appeared in this episode. I really hope we start to heat up next week. I'm just hyped at this point to see what it has in store for me.
Aug 10, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2021
How many build up episodes do they need? Such a boring start to the cour with bang average dialogue.
Aug 10, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
Still in the preparation phase, this time from the Demon Lords.

Well well, the word of Veldora's resurrection has reached the ears of Clayman, and this one step has equalized the playing game between Rimuru and said Demon Lord. Glad to see Milim and Sky Queen Frey back from the long absence, and it seems that she's gained some gifts from her bestie Rimuru. But all of these just doesn't measure up to the altruistic Demon Lord who just wants absolute control, and making Milim his doll is but one small part of the plan.

The pre-Walpurgis banquet, with Leon Cronwell's arrival into the chamber of old friend Guy Crimson, and discussing their plans over Clayman and Rimuru. One of 4 True Dragons, the White Ice Dragon Velzard makes her first appearance due to the news and fact that her brother the Storm Dragon Veldora has awakened, and Rimuru has a link to him for breaking his seal. It all adds up with the connection, which makes Walpurgis all the more interesting for the higher Demon Lords.

Walpurgis is gonna happen soon, and it'll put all the waiting and pacing of the 1st half of Part 2 worth its run for the action-packed 2nd half.
Aug 10, 2021 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Diablo repeating I'll be back in no time cracked me good.

Another great build up episode with some new characters introduced. We even got to see Veldora's big sis. Guy and Leon seems like interesting characters. Man I can't wait for Rimuru to show up in walpurgis. Looking forward to next episode.
Aug 10, 2021 8:29 AM

Feb 2019
Hard to believe we’re already at the halfway point for this season already! Another great set up episode. Seeing Clayman abuse Milim like that animated was hard to watch. Fuck clayman.

Finally get to see Guy and Leon animated too and they look great. Loved their dynamic today. Leon wasn’t having any of Guy’s flirtatious advances lol.

Next week is when peak tensura starts, so hype.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DBXAug 12, 2021 4:23 PM
Aug 10, 2021 8:30 AM
Mar 2020
Half of season is build ups... Upset, but maybe season 3 will have more action from the start.
Aug 10, 2021 8:39 AM
May 2016
TOO MUCH TALKING! This sucks, I'm just going to wait until the season is over so I can skip this crap.
Aug 10, 2021 8:47 AM

Jan 2021
Nooo, they can't do that to Milim :c
I just hope in the end she gets it all back to him multiplied by 10...

Of course, the other demon lords are also starting to doubt Clayman
AA, that Veldora has a sister, that was a surprise for me xd

Another chill episode, but entertaining because they're new characters, not bad
Aug 10, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2021
I hate to disappoint but next episode is probably going to be about Walpurgis, which doesn't have action from the get go either.

But the good news are that the setup is pretty much finished now.
Aug 10, 2021 8:49 AM
Mar 2020
At this rate, this season would end with
I was hoping for more of the story to be adapted.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DBXAug 12, 2021 2:33 PM
Aug 10, 2021 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
I really love this episode, I got to see what really happened to my beloved Milim but seriously, I didn't think Clayman's personality was that bad or worst and worst of all, the one who gave Milim the necklace is also deceitful if she and Clayman really has a pact or promise? I must say, she's deceiving Clayman at the moment but I still haven't grasp what her true intentions at the moment. While she was introduced sometimes, she wasn't really given concrete characteristics so this is a good episode to watch with her on it.

Then Cromwell takes the 2nd half which is really intriguing because so many Demon Lords was introduced in this episode and I will probably be looking forward on their agenda and roles in the story.

I love animations like this to properly flesh out the characters instead of just fighting every scene without even a story or plot, that would just be a dumb game...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 10, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
Starting to really like Diablo. Him repeating the same line makes him look so incredibly confident in his abilities to take over the nation XD

Controlling Milim is one thing, but punching her and kicking her like that was uncalled for. I know she can take a lot, but still... Was hard to watch that.

Interesting second half of the episode, with Shizue's foster father and Guy Crimson. Even got the introduction of one pretty lady claiming to be Veldora's sister. Guy Crimson is a funny guy though, with his advances on Leon and Leon turning him down over and over again. I liked their dynamic. They both seem to be aware of Clayman's meddling and that Rimuru is pretty much on their radar as well.

DBXAug 12, 2021 3:23 PM
Aug 10, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
the build up from Demon Lord point of view.
they're curious, Leon spot on the truth to the point of mentioning hyperspace of Rimuru's belly. who's the informant though?
Aug 10, 2021 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
So many Demon Lords. It was great seeing them. Especially Guy Crimson and Leon Cromwell, who I forgot about.
As for Clayman, he is a joke of a Demon Lords that even Guy and Milim look down upon.

Also, to think that Veldora would have a sister. I can't wait to see their reunion. XD

Aug 10, 2021 9:04 AM

Sep 2018
Finally, we got Guy sexually harassing Leon! This is what we waited for!
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 10, 2021 9:05 AM
Jun 2020
Very good build up character, I don't want it to be just an empty action.

DBXAug 12, 2021 3:26 PM
Aug 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Oct 2016
Rimuru has sent all his forces to their designated posts, now its his fellow demon lords getting the focus before walpurgis starts. Clayman is absolutely a horrible bastard. A true scumbag I cannot wait for Rimuru to smack around. Having fellow demon lord Frey join in to trick Milim, making her essentially Clayman puppet. Hate to see it, poor Milim thinking Frey was her friend. I cannot wait to see Milim absolutely crush Clayman for this bullshit. Frey though definitely seems like she's not totally onboard with following Clayman, so I could see her betraying him later on. Maybe even unleashing Milim herself. We've seen him in the new opening for a while now but its good to finally meet the demon lord Guy Crimson! He's certainly got a personality on him. Making direct passes at Leon Cromwell, who's also a bastard himself btw, never forget what he did to Shizu. But the conversation between Guy and Leon was very interesting. Both speaking about how all the events Rimuru put into motion could've happened. They each figured out parts of it but not the whole thing. Its funny to see them all underestimate Rimuru for being "just a slime", especially Clayman who's totally fallen for the lie Rimuru spread about Veldora taking out the Falmuth army. They're all gonna be in for a surprise with Rimuru at walpurgis
Aug 10, 2021 9:11 AM
Sep 2015
Yes, Gii (or Guy) is very sexy, and his thirst for Cromwell is satisfying my sexual fantasy.

But this anime's Demon Lord system has one thing that I hate so much it destroy my fetish.

Because true demon lord.... (R-18 spoiler)

So Carrion is a perfect match for me, he's very strong even though he's not a true demon lord.
Aug 10, 2021 9:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Clayman is really a scum I hate him so much, seeing Milim brainwashed and freely beat like that was hard to watch :/
Aug 10, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2021
Guy crimson…..
Didn’t like seeing Clayman hit Milim like that but I laughed a lot at when Diablo said I’ll be back soon twice lol. I’m not bothered by the buildup and dialogue tbh and people need to understand that not everything needs to be about a huge fight scene to make an anime good imo. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 10, 2021 9:21 AM

Feb 2014
They're really taking this one pace at a time. I really thought they would adapt the Benimaru and Co vs Clayman army fight but instead went with setting the stage for Walpurgis. Which in its own way is superb. Leon and Guy's conversation is just like how I imaged when reading the LN, all the conspiracies and the stage set for what's gonna be the next big thing is set bare.

Can't wait for the war and the banquet to start.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Dec 2020
A very nice episode and tbh guy crimson first impression of him i like him and the older sister of veldora was also cool to see.
I can’t wait for the next episode next week to the Walpurgis to see them all!:)
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 10, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2015
The voice acting for White Ice Dragon Velyard is nice, but the couple episodes up until now has only been about build up, they really needed to add some different scenes to avoid making things dull with only dialogues or more add perspectives. especially how the episodes for this season is limited.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 10, 2021 9:36 AM

Nov 2007
Did Erald's group teleport back to Thalion at the start of episode? I thought in episode before this they said teleport isn't normally used to transport living beings or non-monsters. Or is it case only for large groups?
Aug 10, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2021
Potkaniak said:
Did Erald's group teleport back to Thalion at the start of episode? I thought in episode before this they said teleport isn't normally used to transport living beings or non-monsters. Or is it case only for large groups?

they are high elves, if you watch ep 1 carefully he mentioned that it's his homunculus and it's not his main body...
better not to skip these parts they are important... even in ep 2 homunculus is mentioned for Kagali

If it looks like I stand no chance I’ll run away and think up a new plan, but otherwise, I should see how strong it is with my own eyes, right?

Aug 10, 2021 10:00 AM
Apr 2020
I'm slowly getting really annoyed at the amount of talking. 2 hours into this 2nd part of the season there has been 0 action. I don't mind a little bit of setup, and I actually like the plot too but this is too much. Also, from the title of next episode "The signal to begin the banquet" i get the feeling that once more it will just be an episode of talking.
Aug 10, 2021 10:11 AM

Oct 2020
This episode just proves how much of an ass Clayman actually is.

We were also able to see some important people that might play a role in the show later
Aug 10, 2021 10:13 AM
Mar 2021
MrBunnySenpai said:
I'm slowly getting really annoyed at the amount of talking. 2 hours into this 2nd part of the season there has been 0 action. I don't mind a little bit of setup, and I actually like the plot too but this is too much. Also, from the title of next episode "The signal to begin the banquet" i get the feeling that once more it will just be an episode of talking.

The show probably won't get good until around episode 9 which is absolutely ridiculous, they've truly butchered this cour imo.
Aug 10, 2021 10:14 AM
Mar 2021
I feel like they baited me 🤣 I was ready for shit to go down but ig there’s always next episode
Aug 10, 2021 10:24 AM

Dec 2020
Man I thought they would start Walpurgis today from what I have read. They could have easily made all of those until now into 3 episodes without losing any content at all. Just like my hero academia season 5 this season is dragging too much. Will see how this goes.
Aug 10, 2021 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
This is one of the better episodes of part 2 in my opinion. I hope we get some action next episode.
Aug 10, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2018
Build up episode once again, but this one was way more interesting than the preivous ones. We saw a lot of important looking characters. And most of them looked really badass. The designs were beautiful.

Everyone from Rimuru Tempest is heading out.
But this episode was focused on the Demon Lords.

Espically, The worst one, Clayman. They're fleshing out his personality as Stark700 said. And that was done very well. I don't mind him getting tortured to death in the end.

But the most interesting part was with Guy and Leon. The conversation was pretty interesting. Seems like the merchant Leon is getting his information from is someone we know.

Guy's VA aka the one and only ZURA! I mean Katsura is pretty good for his character. I expected someone with a deeper voice.

And one of the four dragons, Velzard, seems like she doesn't wanna spend time with the Demon Lords.

Next episode will be the main event.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 10, 2021 10:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
While the expeditionary force faces Claymen's army Rimuru's other allies are enacting other parts of the plan huh. Claymen's too arrogant for his own good tbh. Its nice to see Milim again. So the reason Clayman was able to do soo much was because he used underhanded tactics to subdue her then. Guess he figured one on one he won't last against her. The meeting between Crimson and Leon Cromwell though was pretty interesting. To think that Crimson's the same age as Milim though and like her is one of the most senior of demon lords. To think that Veldora had such a cute sister in the form of Velzard though. If anything the actions that Rimuru has taken so far has provoked an interest into him from the senior demon lords as well. Overall a quiet ep that ep that focused on world building and expansion of the demon realm by introducing the characters of Crimson, Frey and Velzard and reintroducing us to Leon. At the same time its nice to see what happened to Milim as well. Walpurgis though looks to be an interesting event to behold next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2021 10:58 AM
Mar 2020
kriissyy12 said:
How many build up episodes do they need? Such a boring start to the cour with bang average dialogue.

Maintaining a balance of things is what you call competent writing, anime is a pretty forgiving medium, but multiple hours of exposition is alot to expect your audience to sit through.
Same goes for pure action lacking any substance.
This series in particular has proven itself to be quite good at worldbuilding, so seeing an arc so poorly executed hurts.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DBXAug 12, 2021 4:25 PM
Aug 10, 2021 11:08 AM
Feb 2021
This is bad really bad. More than 50% of the season is repetitive exposition. I'm guessing most people in this forum are manga readers so they don't care. Let's be honest, this is not world building. This is blatant exposition.

If its all world building as some say why did we spent half of the season in a room instead of the moments like rimuru meeting citizens of eurasania for transportation. How do the citizens feel about all this, what do they even look like. How does the intel gathering process work.Where is a moment where rimuru addresses the resurected. How they feel about coming back to life. what has changed with shion mentally, emotionally. Hell, tell me about the new uniforms. Show me the world don't tell me about.

I was really hyped about this season. Now I'm not sure. I don't know why I'm still watching. Maybe it's because it's something familiar. I honestly have enjoyed that black company thing than this.
Aug 10, 2021 11:39 AM
Mar 2021
I'm so hyped for when all the demon lords meet
Aug 10, 2021 11:46 AM
Nov 2016
Good thing we have so much world building episodes, makes season 3 and 4 that more likely. Week after week we get this buildup and as soon as action starts we will see it was worth it. Even if they animate the next episodes in MS paint it will still be a spectacle like no other. The slime anime is in my opinions top 3 of past 5 years.
Aug 10, 2021 11:51 AM

Mar 2021
MrBunnySenpai said:
sorry if I was rude..
but you are really mindless one,

Tensura is not an action and shounen anime. It's just a normal worldbuilding fantasy story. Some fights just became a part of this series because they are needed. Even in the LN 8-9, it's shown that it completely focuses on world-building!

Aug 10, 2021 11:52 AM

Sep 2019
I really liked this episode. They got a bunch of great VAs for the new characters, I liked their designs as well. Frey and Velzard are so hot!!
Aug 10, 2021 12:03 PM

May 2011
CeddyyBearr said:
Starting to really like Diablo. Him repeating the same line makes him look so incredibly confident in his abilities to take over the nation XD

Controlling Milim is one thing, but punching her and kicking her like that was uncalled for. I know she can take a lot, but still... Was hard to watch that.

Interesting second half of the episode, with Shizue's foster father and Guy Crimson. Even got the introduction of one pretty lady claiming to be Veldora's sister. Guy Crimson is a funny guy though, with his advances on Leon and Leon turning him down over and over again. I liked their dynamic. They both seem to be aware of Clayman's meddling and that Rimuru is pretty much on their radar as well.

I'm wondering if Rimiru has taken note of just how strong Diablo is. He is probably around 10+ times stronger than Rimiru was before Rimiru became a demon lord.
Rimuru was already ridiculously strong at that point. Upon further consideration, Diablo is probably stronger than the average demon lord.
Outside of Rimiru and Veldora, he'd likely wipe Tempest.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post. Added spoiler tags.
DBXAug 12, 2021 3:47 PM
Aug 10, 2021 12:10 PM
Jan 2021
I can't wait for Rimuru to be surprised when

Another buildup but this time we get to see some new faces. Seeing this episode has me hyped up for next week. Can't wait!

DBXAug 12, 2021 2:47 PM
Aug 10, 2021 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
I'll admit, the sooner Clayman gets his sorry backside kicked into the dumpster fire where he belongs, the better. How dare he punch and kick the possessed Milim like that!! >.<

Either way, this episode had a big focus on the other demon lords, including how Milim became under Clayman's control in the first place. Although Frey might be helping him, she does see him biting off more than he can chew and doesn't see him having his way for much longer.

Besides, we did get to see Milim being her bubbly and upbeat self during that flashback while talking to Frey and also showcasing her new claws as well as showing her the outfits she brought back from Tempest. A small, yet cute moment. =3

The meeting between Leon and Guy was very interesting, as they are aware of Rimuru being a demon lord and that they know that Veldora has awoken once more. Velzard, Veldora's older sister, looks intimidating and sexy, so I do hope we get to see more of her, even if she's not taking part in the upcoming Walpurgis meeting.

The first half of this series has been very heavy on the dialogue, but I don't see that as a demerit, honestly. It gives us world-building between the main cast as well as the antagonists and how they're planning their next moves. I love the action scenes as much as the next guy, but as much as I understand why some users here hate the lack of action this second season, I wish they would word their arguments a little bit more wisely other than "less words, more fighting" amongst a few others.

This does give me optimism that the next 6 episodes will be promising, both in terms of character/world building and action. =)
Aug 10, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
tensura1704 said:
sorry if I was rude..
but you are really mindless one,

Tensura is not an action and shounen anime. It's just a normal worldbuilding fantasy story. Some fights just became a part of this series because they are needed. Even in the LN 8-9, it's shown that it completely focuses on world-building!

Exactly man, I hate how everywhere I go they keep saying, "Why is there no action?" "This Anime went downhill". At least some people understand I see ;)
Aug 10, 2021 12:21 PM

Feb 2016
I missed seeing Milim being all happy and hyper :( Hope she can go back to enjoying food at Jura Tempest soon!

"ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴢᴇʀᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ
ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ."
- ᴠᴀɴɪᴛᴀꜱ
Aug 10, 2021 12:22 PM
Oct 2019
Too bad previous from episode i though it's will be a war scene but it's turn walpurugis discussion
Aug 10, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2018
poor Milim got bullied by Clayman. Clayman is probably going to suffer a painful death soon because of this xD
Aug 10, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Clayman is real nasty by taking Millim over. Looks like this is gonna be one chaotic Walpurgis and I cant wait for it to happen.
Aug 10, 2021 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
When everyone ask when the fight begins, someone said next week bruh next week. After they wait for a week, then they get a prank. Good well you will ask this again and wait for another few weeks again.

World building huh, how many times i hear that bullshit everytime this show ruined many people expectation. Before it started, Everyone were overhyped and overrated this show while other shows actually can give better plot, charracter developement there even if they are in same or different genre. Spoiler that should let them feel relief now is nothing more than just bullshit lol. I mean if you have read LN/WN before then you probably know better than anyone, right? (it shouldn't be 100% accurate, but atleast more than 0% is better lol).

Okay, first half of this episode is about Clayman bad motive and second half other Demon Lord/Dragon are bitching/bad mouthing Clayman, somehow they talk about Veldora and Rimuru but look like they get wrong info about them. It just average.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2021

174 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
May 1, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2021

125 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 28, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2021

115 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 26, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2021

133 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Apr 24, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2021

167 by prasos »»
Apr 21, 11:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.