Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
About speculating the dubbing of the Tales of Symphonia OVA series, well that's pretty much assuming that someone would even bother to acquire the show here. Don't get me wrong as a fan of the games, I would like for it to be licensed and all, but I can't really imagine who would license it or why they would license it. I think nowadays it's rare for an American company to acquire an OVA episode/series that isn't related to any television series or movie they already licensed. I don't think I can imagine anyone licensing this OVA series, let alone reprising the cast. I mean when has anyone heard of Scott Menville, Jennifer Hale, or Heather Hogan dubbing anime shows?
May 19, 2010 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
HaloX5 said:

That is the most likely option. But you do know the original voice for Lloyd most likely isnt coming back. He didnt come for Radiant Mythology or Dawn =/

I actually prefer the Japanese version in some ways. And I didnt mind the new voices that much, I mean asides from Lloyd (which isnt THAT bad) its actually a pretty enjoyable game all the same. And I dont mind Kratos japanese voice. But I have to agree with my fellow Ratatosk Fan's words =o The english is so much better :D I mean *sighs* so much~~ (slight of topic) It's like Yuri Lowell's japanese voice, I like it, but his english voice is so much more... as my friend described it, seductive :D

OMG o-o your right! 10 days~ I cant wait ^_^ I wonder what they will show in the next part~

English subs/Jap dubs are kay, I just found that for once, an english dub was good, and wish that transitioned over into the ova. If they use the new lloyd, that would kind of defeat the point though = \ Although, thats probably not something in their control haha.

Btw, where did you score your avatar?

@ Above

I figured that would be the case and had the same thoughts. Was just hopeful that since the fan base is a bit higher on Symphonia, then say, eternia or phantasia, that maybe someone would bother. Thanks for the responses :D
May 20, 2010 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
Clous said:

English subs/Jap dubs are kay, I just found that for once, an english dub was good, and wish that transitioned over into the ova. If they use the new lloyd, that would kind of defeat the point though = Although, thats probably not something in their control haha.

Btw, where did you score your avatar?

Very true, the english dub of Symphonia is great, its actually one of the few dubbed games that really work, i'd say the same for Vesperia as well. The english dubbing is fantasic in Vesperia.

It's defenaitly not in their power, like people say it's unlikely that the OVA will even be bothered to be licenced to be dubbed. And if a Voice Actor doesnt want to repirse a previous role, they cant do much about it. And like I said it already looks like Brian Beecock has taken Lloyd's place for future events.

My Avatar? I guess you could say I tweaked it around in Photoshop, it was originally a picture of Emil and Martel, but I made it so its just of Emil, and then I have a image of the Ratatosk Core and put it in the background o-o Though I am still searching for the image of the Red Eyed Emil that screams epic =/ no luck so far though.
May 22, 2010 9:16 PM

May 2008
My 2 cents...

A dub version seems both likely and unlikely. If I'm not mistaken, ToS seemed to be more popular than ToP when it came out and seems to be still (somewhat) loved among most fanbases. That could make it likely to come out if support is high enough.

Unfortunately, I don't think the ToP anime did well enough when it was released here nor are is the series exactly a high selling . The casting is another problem that makes it unlikely that it'll be dubbed as most want the original cast not the replacement ones. No company might see it as worthwhile since game based anime/shows/movies don't turn out well most of the time. Of course, that is if the anime is doing well in Japan; if it isn't than a dub is very slim.
May 27, 2010 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
raw version of episode 2 is out now :D
May 30, 2010 7:44 PM

May 2009
I'm liking it better than what I can remember from the first series

It's kind of different from the game, but still awesome, and I wonder if Zelos is gonna betray them or not
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
May 31, 2010 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, I still haven't gotten used to Kratos's voice, and that was back in the first OVAs~ LMAO
Jun 12, 2010 8:35 PM

May 2008
What is Zelos up to

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 23, 2010 2:03 PM
Mar 2009
They took out every part that was associated with Sybak. Even the rescue the half-elves part. Bleh...

So the Zelos scene happened A LOT earlier and Yggdrassil kicking their asses happens at the same time?
Jun 24, 2010 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
ChronosXIII said:
They took out every part that was associated with Sybak. Even the rescue the half-elves part. Bleh...

So the Zelos scene happened A LOT earlier and Yggdrassil kicking their asses happens at the same time?

Which is strange because Yggdrassil kick's there asses when Kratos betrays them at the Tower of Salvation o_O (dont understand why they changed that).
Jul 14, 2010 7:48 AM

Feb 2009
Good episode, I'm looking forward to this part of the story.

The fight in the beginning was incredible.
Aug 20, 2010 9:16 PM

Jan 2010
I liked the fights and I loved that ending.
Apr 6, 2011 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Jun 28, 2011 12:38 AM

Jul 2007
So they changed it from the original games story line and decided to introduce Yggdrasil later in the mines, along with Kratos showing up beside him. Personally i thought it would of fit better being introduced during the end of the first ova in the tower of salvation. Since that is when kratos revealed his true self. But oh well. Still pretty cool.

This episode was definitely better, this ova will probably be better paced, considering most of the huge plot points are detailed in this part of the story.

ArtimesGamerJun 28, 2011 12:44 AM

Jun 28, 2011 12:47 AM

Jul 2007
OP (shanaflame) you really need to spoil tag that, that is a huge spoiler.

Jun 28, 2011 12:54 AM

Jul 2007
adamantine said:
AisuKriimu said:
Did anyone else find Yggdrasill's voice awkward?
Yes. God yes. I was not excepting such a deep ~MANLY~ voice coming from some slight Scandinavian man.

lol yeah i liked his eng voice actor more in the game.

Jun 28, 2011 12:57 AM

Jul 2007
Clous said:
decimoVONGOLA said:
can't wait for the second episode ;w;
i rlly enjoyed the first one :3

maybe they're waiting until the tethe'alla part is finished before they dub it o.o dunno ._. i would be happy if they dub it into english, i hate Kratos' japanese voice >_> (english is waaaaaaaay better than this, he sounds like a old man o_o *how ironic LOL*)

I'd hope so. I don't mind the jap dub/english sub. It just feels different from how I interpreted the series since im used to the game, which I played in english. If that makes sense.

Anyways, 10 days till ep 2. Yay

Yeah i think alot of fans will feel the say way, like my self. If you usually watch a series first in japanese, you get more used to the voices and perfer the japanese over the english. But like if you watch a show in english first and you like it, some times it hard to go back to the japanese and visa versa. Certain series ive grown up on like dragon ball z and rurouni kenshin. I just can't stand watching those in Japanese because im so used to the english voices.

But for the most part, i watch most anime subbed.

It is just games like this that i played in my early years and grew up on, its just hard to get accustomed to the Japanese voices cause its a different experience.

Aug 28, 2011 7:40 AM

May 2009
YAY for the Zelos anticshumor and other characters!

I love Lloyd's Japanese voice, but it's like he's 'over-acting' it. Especially in the later eps.

Nov 30, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, the animation in here improve quite a bit, the action in here was amuzing. It was a good 42 min Tethe'alla Hen arc start. Now everyone is determined to save Colette of the curse inside of her.

Though I like the balance of the comedy ending and drama in here especially Zelos who is like the comic relief character. Also that ending credits, Ufotable made their ending credits so funny XD.

Jan 1, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
Wait so these are 40+ minutes each? Wow.

Haven't played games before but that ending was kinda confusing. I hope we get to see Presea's abilities soon at her full extent.
Mar 16, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2009
Wow the budget sure jumped up, that opening fight was awesome!
Still going great, same as the first season :D
Funny ED XD
May 21, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2012
These clay ED's are terrible.
Mar 17, 2016 8:12 PM

Oct 2014
The OP is a copy of Naruto's 7th opening (Namikaze Sattelite) lol, same filter, same camera angles, same scenes in the intro...
Aug 8, 2016 4:34 PM

Nov 2015
Less rushed, there's an obvious difference compared to the previous 4 OVAs. Well, from 2007 to 2010 there had to be a difference. This time the pacing was much better.
May 6, 2018 2:46 PM

Jun 2011
I don't really care much for this. OVA Lloyd is stupider and he's more cheesy than he is in the game. Also, he seems too bubbly this time around.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Feb 8, 2021 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ngl, the ed was so good, really depicting well enough to their new dynamic, especially with the arrival of Zelos.

Anyway for the story wise, this second ova felt better, with a decent pace of story telling. The conflict seems pretty much the same from the previous arc, and i may have a guess that the two worlds will soon reach the final battle between them, for the sake of Collete, as Sylvarant chosen one, and Zelos as Tetheala chosen one. So, lets see whats the deal with that arrogant angel....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 1, 2021 6:35 AM

Jan 2013
heh...i knew something felt missing, no Genis’ bff Mithos story arc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 4 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 2, 2011

38 by bushman66 »»
Mar 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 3 Discussion

Blackbird - Oct 5, 2010

39 by badabass »»
Feb 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

51 by badabass »»
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 AM

» Possibilities on getting Dawn of the New World ova?

pacuuuuu3 - May 30, 2010

34 by Shahan88 »»
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 AM

» Fansub?

BRC - Mar 27, 2010

3 by YumeHanabi »»
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.