Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 5:16 PM
May 2009
Fantastic movie 10/10!!
I think you will only be able to see the true value of this movie if you have some knowledge of Sherlock holmes and game programming. I can imagine why this is boring for people who dont know anything.
May 2, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2014
The Holmes references were fun, even if they were a bit on the nose, considering the nature of Conan's name. It was also a pretty good adventure movie.
However, despite all of the holmes stuff the lack of any real mystery killed the suspense for me. We all knew who the killer was right from the beginning of the film, so it was really more about the adventure inside the game than anything else. Also, the suspense of "will they make it out alive?" doesn't really work, since Ran and Conan, and a bunch of the rest of the main cast is in there. So, there wasn't any suspense there, either.

On top of all that, it bothered me when everybody started getting upset when people died in the game. I mean, didn't they hear the rules? It's either everybody survives or nobody at all... all or nothing. One kid getting a game over in the beginning wouldn't mean much. It would only really matter when there aren't that many players left.

Still, it was a decent enough film, even if it was divorced from the mystery and suspense elements that make Detective Conan so special.
Blah, I'm going on for too long now... I think I'll write a full review.
vigorousjammerMay 2, 2014 7:10 PM
::End of Transmission::

Aug 31, 2014 10:24 AM
May 2014
I thought it was mediocre at best--the immense potential of the main plot was all but mostly forsaken when the guy was shown committing the murder (I suppose the director wanted to try something different for a change) and when the audience already knows who the culprit is before the MC(s) do that usually does not bode well--the sub-mysteries seldom possess, let's say, the same captivating authority which can keep the viewers at the edge of their seats. There was also not that much action all around compared to the sheer explosiveness (pun was intended) of the previous film which would have perhaps aided in offsetting the shortcoming of the plot. The movie, therefore, probably do not merit such high ratings. The only ones who are likely to give it high praise are probably comprised largely of Holmes fans or those who are into science fiction.
But kudos to the director for aggressively mashing together two vastly different genres with the goal of realising a sequel that cater to both fan bases. 🈯 🈳 🈵 🈴 🈲 🉐 🈹 🈺 🈶 🈚
elavine0Aug 31, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 22, 2014 4:33 AM

Jun 2012
I may be remembering this wrong but doesnt conan revert to shinichi when he gets drunk?
Jan 28, 2015 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
Well they found a way to have Conan and Sherlock Holmes side by side, however I would have liked them to have been together more than those 30 seconds.

I gave it a 6/10. It was fine but not my favorite movie.
Apr 5, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
I'm just biased because it included jack the ripper and sherlock holmes references but I liked it.
Apr 29, 2016 5:22 PM
Apr 2016
I think it was an awsome movie everyone has an opinion but dont tell me it was crap it was fab movie love it ♥♥♥♥♥♥♡
May 24, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2011
It's a matter of perception whether you'll like something or not. Just saying

anyway, I like this movie, but there are lame parts. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Aug 13, 2017 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
I thought it was an entertaining movie, but it got more ridiculous the more time passed. There wasn't even a point to entering the game because Conan's dad solved the case (honestly they didn't even need a detective. It was just checking video tapes and physical evidence within the building).
Sep 7, 2017 7:51 PM
Mar 2015
Was amazing to have Conan in the streets of London, though I'd wish SH would be side by side with Conan for more than a short time.
Feb 17, 2019 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
One of my favorite Conan movies so far, especially liked the setting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2019 8:19 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really liked it. Jack the Ripper in it was just awsome since I really like the Story behind it and watched a lot of stuff about it.
I even liked the setting when they said if u wont win u die it somewhat reminded me of SAO xD
That they showed the murderer at the beginning was ok aswell imo.

Sep 12, 2019 6:37 PM

Jul 2016
Wow.. pretty surprised by everybody thoughts on this movie.

Looks like it suffered from "this is the best film of the series" syndrome so people's expectations were very high.. and when I say this, I'm not knocking anybody. When people put anything on a pedestal, we're more susceptible to focus on what we're watching even more and pay attention to everything. I really enjoyed reading everybody's post because a lot of the critiques make person sense.

I loved this film! Perfect pacing, and I was completely engaged the entire time. Favorite of the Conan films so far.
Dec 16, 2019 9:03 AM
Nov 2019
The interesting thing is, if it weren’t for the programer getting killed in the beginning, 50 people would have died since Conan wouldn’t have participated. He wouldn’t have seen the dying message JTR. Anyway, I love this movie so much. Amazing game plot. Also, I really liked the progression of relationships between characters.
Apr 9, 2020 1:48 PM

Jun 2007
i'm so shocked people actually not only liked but loved this movie?! wow... for me it was so incredibly boring, even though usually i can be entertained by the shittiest filler DC episodes lol
gogeta said:
Fantastic movie 10/10!!
I think you will only be able to see the true value of this movie if you have some knowledge of Sherlock holmes and game programming. I can imagine why this is boring for people who dont know anything.

i have read every SH book, and for the game programming, there is practically nothing on it, you are making it sound like we are in a ghost in the shell thread or something haha
see you, space cowperson . . .
Oct 23, 2020 7:25 PM

Dec 2011
Oh no this reminded me again. It must be said.
Why is Ran still around when Haibara is literally the Irene to Shinichi/Conan's Sherlock, SIGH

Probably my favorite of the films so far for the emotion and pacing.
Dec 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Jun 2012
I've fallen asleep once in the middle of it and I had to rewatch everything again. And after the full experience of watching it, it's not so bad but this type of fantasy setting in Conan ain't just entertaining for me.

And I do have some knowledge of Sherlock novels and programming but not game's coding but nah, that's still beside the point for any movies like how I can't appreciate the anime Hakuouki even though I'm a fan of Shinsengumi references.
Jul 14, 2021 12:48 AM
May 2018
CMYK said:
Oh no this reminded me again. It must be said.
Why is Ran still around when Haibara is literally the Irene to Shinichi/Conan's Sherlock, SIGH

Probably my favorite of the films so far for the emotion and pacing.

Because Conan doesn't love her nor is he Holmes.
Jun 26, 2022 10:00 PM

Jan 2016
If you guys rated this less than 5/10 then you’re wack in the head. You’re telling me this wasn’t better as the same boring 3 possible suspect bs? I was engaged every moment of the movie. Yes I too was disappointed that there was less Sherlock interaction as I had hoped, and even wanted to see lestrade, but I still enjoyed it and the pacing was great. 8.5/10

Apr 12, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 2019
This movie for me is a bit weak but I don't understand why it gets such a high score?
May 5, 2023 5:59 AM
May 2023
:))))))))))))))))))))
Sep 1, 2023 8:32 AM
Nov 2018
This was one of the best DC movie ever. Loved it
Oct 2, 2023 12:58 PM
Dec 2021
“Goodbye, Kudou Shinichi” ~ Hiroki. Holy smokes, what a ride. Hiroki drawing the… non-parallels between his and Conan’s father-son relationship was something else. I love Yusaku’s involvement we’re seriously starved of it omg.
This whole movie idea was insanely unique. What a brilliant, genius idea. We shall cherish it forever <333

More topics from this board

» Can I watch this without having watched detective conan?

BerriesSan - Oct 5, 2021

12 by TNTDUDE »»
Oct 6, 2021 2:22 AM

» Game world

EsenEcho - Jul 28, 2009

2 by Mayuka »»
Sep 30, 2012 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.