Forum Settings
Forums

Kickstarter Suspends Anime Tube Crowdfunding Campaign

New
Jul 13, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
Kickstarter suspended the Anime Tube crowdfunding campaign on Friday.

ANN reached out to Kickstarter, who confirmed it suspended the campaign and stated the company was "alerted to some possible violations of [its] rules regarding the accuracy of materials represented on the project page and elsewhere." Kickstarter told ANN, "All suspensions are final and cannot be reversed." The company also stated that since the Kickstarter campaign was suspended before the end date, backers have not been charged.

more here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-07-13/kickstarter-suspends-anime-tube-crowdfunding-campaign/.174987

lol well deserved
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 13, 2021 10:24 AM

Dec 2018
What was Anime Tube? This is my first time hearing about.
Jul 13, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2009
Monochrosanity said:

its a suppose Streaming App https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1937774
it says its legal and have all the anime licenses which is impossible for a legal streaming site
Jul 13, 2021 11:03 AM

Dec 2018
deg said:
Monochrosanity said:

its a suppose Streaming App https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1937774
it says its legal and have all the anime licenses which is impossible for a legal streaming site
I see. Thanks for the help ^.^
Jul 15, 2021 2:41 AM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
That would be dope to have a streaming platform outside of your standard Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll. I wouldn't mind paying for a platform that gives me my dubs and subs at the same time unlike that shitshow called Funimation. However, it's just too good to be true.
Jul 17, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2021
Wavey_Nooby said:
That would be dope to have a streaming platform outside of your standard Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll. I wouldn't mind paying for a platform that gives me my dubs and subs at the same time unlike that shitshow called Funimation. However, it's just too good to be true.

It becomes a bit of a money sink when you have to subscribe to different services because there isn't a one stop shop for them all. I thought anime was rather niche so I figured that could be rather easy to do.
Jul 17, 2021 4:30 PM
The Color Morale

Apr 2018
NewbBrawler said:
Wavey_Nooby said:

It becomes a bit of a money sink when you have to subscribe to different services because there isn't a one stop shop for them all. I thought anime was rather niche so I figured that could be rather easy to do.
Right, but as anime gets more and more popular every year, licensors make it harder for fans to consume content all in one place. I just pirate anime these days and support the studios by buying figures and shirts.
Jul 17, 2021 4:33 PM

Sep 2018
Honestly this kickstarter screams scam so this is a rare time I side with a shut down.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.