Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2021 4:08 AM
May 2020
niggas are beefing over course work
Jul 19, 2021 8:11 AM
Mar 2012
More groupwork nostalgia, all the stubborn artists, perfectionists come back.
That trio train scene has nice framing of future, past & present aligning their age and their shared motivation for artschool. As aside also looks like a shippable family lol.
Accidentally pulling future info can become a dicy subplot Kyouya's facing.
Jul 19, 2021 9:01 AM

May 2020
Komla_6 said:
niggas are beefing over course work

u know what i mean hahaha
Jul 19, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2020
PecoTheHero said:
Eifue said:
Can you at least elaborate? I don't know where you find the bad writing is in this show.

The entire "platinum generation" aspect is extremely forced and shoved into the viewers face with it's timing. Did the writing put any effort so we know why it's important? Did we see the effect they had on our mc?

Over played tropes: ex. girl somehow doesn't know she has a bra on -> gets embarrassed

Example from ep. 2: when mc is talking to the teacher 'has anything interesting happened lately' -> flash back to fan service moments for 0 reason.

Tsurayuki and his script for the project: 'you managed to come up with the same idea, like you read my mind' asks the mc if it could possibly be something other than a coincidence even though the idea was locked away (very unnatural reaction).

Climatic moments are weak: when the mc goes to talk to Tsurayuki, who had issues surrounding his script being adjusted: mc goes 'it's too soon to give up!' Oh. And not even a minute later we have another 'we are not out of options!' moment when they have the camera issue. I think this is mainly because of pacing and not showing the process of the events. As a result, there's no tension and therefore no satisfactory feeling watching it play out.

I've never been a fan of self-insert mc's. Yes I can relate to that same feeling of regret in college but is there 1 other interesting thing about the mc? The writing reminds me of the 2nd half of Higehiro where things feel so unnatural.

sucks u disable it man. love to know more
Jul 20, 2021 11:08 AM
May 2018
At first I was wary about this "I'll go back in time to fix my shitty life" trope, which I hope doesn't become a thing like with certain isekai, but this one is actually pretty decent, very interesting themes and characters, and shows that mc having knowledge from the future doesn't really give him that big of an advantage and can also very well work against him.

Hopefully it will be more seinen and less fanservice as the plot moves forward.
Jul 28, 2021 4:34 AM

Apr 2015
The characters and conflicts are way too elementary, it reads like a cheap dating sim common route event.

Aug 7, 2021 1:37 PM

Aug 2017
We have to see Nanako being a bitch in the first 1 minute, I hate her so much and she's ruining the already bad anime for me. Also, the drama between characters is kinda forced.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 8, 2021 5:59 PM

Apr 2020
i feel bad for tsurayuki. he came up with the idea but kyoya addressed it first since he read it in the future
water
Aug 28, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2018
I liked the twist about Kyouya accidentally reusing Tsurayuki's idea as an unintentional plagiarism. I really wish there will be more plotpoints like this which uses the time-leap aspect of the protagonist well from time to time instead of forgetting about its existence like typical isekai anime forget its main character is from another world.
Aug 31, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2009
I thought the part about stealing the script was a joke. But they were actually trying to be serious. Lol. Whut. Stop trying to make this drama, which is not even close. It was just a general idea. Take a chillpill.
Anyway I wonder if theyre going to try to make more of these "scenes". Hope not.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 29, 2021 7:55 AM
Jul 2019
Dude, this thing was so weird, Kyouya, even though he's 28, he can still sit there, but I still feel weird instead of seeing Shinoaki or Nanako, but I'm not 28 either.ヾ (≧ ▽ ≦ *) o And I really like his enthusiasm, so don't give up and don't regret it again.
Sep 29, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2018
eh.... its already starting to bore me...

Oct 6, 2021 2:38 AM

Jul 2015
I can't blame Kyoya for sort of stealing Tsurayuki's short story idea given that the general setting is something a lot of people could've come up with and also Kyoya basing it on his conversations with Shinoaki and Nanako.
Read some comments on this and its indeed kinda suspicious how Tsurayuki questioned Kyoya like he's trying Kyoya to reveal about the time travel

Nov 2, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2013
To think we are getting such character development this early in the series, I have high expectations for this! Kyouya said a cool warcry at the end, what will happen next... O:
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 13, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2020
Still progressing with Kyouya getting used to his new daily life routine as an Art Student

A new project comes to hand and tests their group chemistry this is getting interesting as drama stirs up around them, Quite odd how they had the same idea in hand

I'm curious how things will change based on his actions as he came back to the past, Still drama stirring up when Tsurayuki listed the wrong item but I think they'll deal with the camera from thereon.
Dec 29, 2021 10:24 PM

Aug 2014
It is kinda scary... I hope Kyouya won't ruin their talent and future... When I think about it... it gets terrifying to think that if you get back in time, you can ruin someone else's lives just trying to make yours remade.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 2, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2016
Decent episode MC starting to be likable.
Aug 18, 2022 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
"There is nothing we can do now" are now trigger words for Kyouya. I really do appreciate his attitude at the end.
Sep 1, 2022 4:35 PM
Dec 2018
Im starting to thing that this anime has nothing to offer
Dec 18, 2022 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
That drama felt very forced, not a fan of it. Overall I though they would do a bit... more? Maybe the pacing was just quite slow.
Apr 7, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
The team has to do a 3 minute short film. Kyouya learns how to be part of the creative team and compromise to allow everyone's ideas to be heard. A member makes the mistake of borrowing a DSLR camera instead of a video camera to shoot the short film. Will things be saved?
Jul 27, 2023 3:53 PM
Oct 2022
COWARD MC FOR LEAVE THE WIFE AND DON'T LOVE EX-WIFE IN PAST TIME FOR THE FUTURE LOVE
Aug 5, 2023 8:00 AM
Aug 2021
I wish I have a life
Aug 13, 2023 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
This anime just got so much into me.
The whole "the production need to be united" reminded me the reason the old mario bros movie was so bad, the cast were drinking between shots lol

wonder where they gonna get camera from ?

i feel that the fanservice came from the studio fearing that "people will be bored without some" . . .
it's also feels as they rushing too much, that the story getting a short hand.
User-NameAug 13, 2023 3:47 PM
Apr 17, 1:18 AM

Apr 2008
BRO WE HAD THE SAME IDEA
THE EXTREMELY BASIC IDEA IN WHICH WE SEE A PERSON DOING SOMETHING MUNDANE ACROSS THEIR LIFE...

Jesus man
It was an idea that has been done literally 100 times before
It's literally the basis of the song Cat's in the Cradle

It's like I understand the attempt by the author of the anime itself to convey the message that he accidentally stole the idea from whatever tall guy's name is...
But like... make the example more obtuse than that at least...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

171 by Talamare »»
Apr 17, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

130 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

89 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 1, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

84 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jan 25, 6:42 AM

» Season 2

Samdragnor - Jul 15, 2023

20 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.