Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
RainyShadow said:
Well, the concert was awesome.
The girls were gorgeous.
The songs were great.

But, WTF was that alien attack in the very end?!

And, no Tae backstory yet, pffft.

When does the next season start???

P.S.
I somewhat expected to hear Awaken Returner one more time...
Tae backstory is in the spinoff manga
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 24, 2021 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
Was that a motherfucking UFO? o.O. Well, if Kotaro's blood wasn't enough, I guess this confirms a sequel.... idols vs aliens let's go!!! lol

God dammit Kotaro, if seeing the people coming to the stadium and watching the girls' performance hadn't already made me emotional, you just made me cry. Like you said "I'm a grown-ass man and I'm crying!". That blood though...

What a fantastic performance! I had already loved Yugiri's and Junko's and this one definitely lived up to a season finale, amazing.

Like with the first season this was my AOTS, it's simply the one I enjoyed the most. Really looking forward to what's to come for this series.
SkyLETVJun 25, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 24, 2021 11:43 AM

Sep 2020
I'm upset to know that Kotaro is having periods out of his nose :(
Jun 24, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
At 17:55, I heard Tae saying "你好" (hello) in Cantonese lol.

And man that ending, I just had it in my mind.
What if most of Saga's people all gathered in one place, just to ALL DIE TOGETHER?
And then a freaking UFO showed up lol.

Genocide for the win. What's next? Omnicide?
At least it's good to know that there's some kind of continuity with the story. Or maybe a season 3.
Or you know, the author playing with us and just ending the entire franchise with a blast...

Kotarou's illness is somehow connected to Saga's curse I guess.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 24, 2021 11:52 AM

Apr 2020
I got chilled. You got chilled. All of us of got chilled because of Franchouchou's performance... ENCORE!!!

The ending was perfect to end Zombieland Saga: Revenge. A 27 minutes not rushed ending. MAPPA just doing it great as usual. We can be 90% sure that MAPPA won't be easily leaving forget ZLS soon enough. A sequel, either Season 3 or Movie is fine.

Damn, I really liked those character's introduction. Very modern and stylish. And the background too. MAPPA really doing well this year.

And I also curious about the UFO. Why would they introduce this on the last second? But that also means they're going to continue the franchise. Yeay... But not yeay when Kotaro got bleeding. Maybe his time is up and Franchouchou is going to be flock of sheep without a shepherd.
Jun 24, 2021 11:53 AM
Jun 2015
Why did I silently cry during their entire concert 😭 I’m just so proud of them. And also ALIENS??
Jun 24, 2021 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
In many ways, this second season hadn't quite vibed with me like season 1 did, but these excellent final two episodes have really gone and redeemed it big time. Am I still disappointed that Yugiri's flashback was less about her and more about giving us backstory about Saga, or that we still didn't get Tae's backstory but had time for an episode of her doing basically nothing? Yep. Am I disappointed that we spent an episode on Iron Frill melodrama that had an obvious conclusion from the start, or that the reporter plot line still didn't really go anywhere? Absolutely.

And yet, last week's emotional scene between Koutarou and Sakura and this final concert were fantastically done (well, CG still wasn't great, but it's hugely improved on what it once was) and made for a great conclusion to this second season. I wouldn't be surprised if we were to get another season - there's certainly some set up for it, as well as a bunch of plot threads still unresolved - but I'm also content with this as an ending point. If we do get a sequel from the UFO thing, I'd much prefer a movie sequel than another full cour, especially as this cour already felt like it was struggling to find enough to do to fill twelve episodes at a couple points.

7/10. Not as good as season 1 for me, as it didn't quite have the same energy I was hoping for, but it ended well and was still a fun ride all the same.
Jun 24, 2021 12:00 PM

Apr 2016
i thought Kotaro menstruated lul
TriHard7
Jun 24, 2021 12:15 PM
Jun 2009
Just loved it! That Kagayaite performance was wonderful. Sakura is becoming a legendary center right before our eyes. Mappa knocked the concert out of the park. Great choreography and cinematography. The girls looked and sounded great!

So many hints at a season 3 were dropped, but I'm still going to pray everyday we get it anyways. Haha. Let's go, Saga idols!

Rakabat said:

Damn, I really liked those character's introduction. Very modern and stylish. And the background too. MAPPA really doing well this year.

Loved those intro slides! So cool.
RiichiroJun 24, 2021 3:01 PM
Jun 24, 2021 12:17 PM
Dec 2017
now I can wait for a season 3
Jun 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2018
That was actually the biggest fucking bruh moment I’ve ever had. This reminded me why I hate watching ongoing shows. I still have so much fucking questions, I was excited for season two but now I fucking NEED season 3 it cranes so badly.
So much questions.
What does kotaro look like without glasses
Why did a concert save saga?
WHY WAS THERE FUCKING BLOOD ON THE FLOOR
what is the extent of Sakura and Kotaro’s relastionship
What is kotaros full backstory
How come saga can only be saved by Fran Chou Chou and how did kotarou find this out?
What is Taes backstory
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT UFO ANNIHILATION AT THE END
How did kotarou bring these girls back to life
Jun 24, 2021 12:55 PM
Oct 2017
I understood absolutely nothing about the last 10 seconds of the episode...... why are xenomorphs destroying the city?
Jun 24, 2021 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
After all the girls have been through, and even after a disaster happened, they still managed to have the performance of a lifetime. That crowd was massive. I was really hoping that the final song they would perform would be the OP but oh well, it was still incredible to watch all their hard work pay off. BUT WTF WAS THAT ENDING LOL. ALIENS??? You can't just leave it there come on writers 😤 S3 soon please 🙏
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2021 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
Well.

That was a final episode.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 24, 2021 1:23 PM
Aug 2014
A legendary Wembley reference.
Jun 24, 2021 1:25 PM

Nov 2013
It would have been 10/10 BUT WTF, we get 2x cliffhangers.
1)Koutarou was coughing blood and is dying?
2)Aliens just wiped out everyone????

Why aliens? wtf?
Is this Darling in the Franxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx???
Jun 24, 2021 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
THAT LIVE AID REFERENCE WAS EVERYTHING OH MY GODDDDDDDDD

Jun 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Nov 2019
It was a grand finale in all sense of the term! We got some good idol CGI. This season started out solid, dipped in the middle, and then somewhat changed gears at the end adding a theme of mystery. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. I'll keep it at a 7/10 for the time being unless they pay off the set-ups in next season:

1. Truth behind Saga tragedy
2. Identity of Kotaro and his hinted relationship with Sakura
3. Explanation of things hinting at the supernatural (like God motifs and immortality)
4. Tae backstory (I dunno what spinoff manga covers that, but she is too legendary to not get the main story as the medium)
5. Significance behind choosing some of the Franchouchou members to be resurrected as Zombies
6. Whatever Independence Day reference they were pulling off at the end. (Maybe the super sentai and fighter plane piloting in the OP are a foreshadowing XD)

And many more... Actually I am surprised an announcement isn't out yet!

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 24, 2021 1:55 PM
Sep 2016
What a great finale!
This episode was amazing, 10/10

THE POST CREDIT??? ALIEN VS ZOMBIE?
Can't wait for the next season or movie!
Jun 24, 2021 1:57 PM

Apr 2015
Ok forget that concert for one second.... SEASON 3 WHEN?!?! Holy shit, we got an Independence day alien ship as a cliffhanger? Zombieland Saga is one show that keeps catching me off-guard with it's crazy ideas.

Now for that concert...

MAPPA, you done great. You delivered a fantastic final episode. The performance this episode felt so much better than all the other performances before, just looked so clean and I think the girls were a lot more expressive during the singing, could be just me though. The girls got their EFS revenge and they smashed it.

Tae's Encore reminded me of Freddie's Encore at Live Aid, brought tears to my eyes and chills down my spine. So emotional!!

That blood from Kotaro is concerning, he did say before that he didn't have long to go? Thought that was a joke, cause lol when do we take him seriously.

I WANT MORE! I heard it's doing great again, so very hopeful for a season 3. ^^ Easy 9/10 from me, still considered best Idol Anime for me, even though I still haven't seen many
CeddyyBearrJun 24, 2021 2:01 PM
Jun 24, 2021 2:11 PM

Mar 2020
Ok everyone said my thoughts on this great finale and I really enjoyed this Season (though I still think S1 was way better!) But seriously?! UFO?! Why? How?! This gives me such a bad premonition. It feels like they are trying to bite off more than they can chew and I am afraid going too far is going to ruin the charm of the show
nhc9Jun 24, 2021 3:12 PM
Jun 24, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
10/10 for me, if it had ended here it would lock itself in as the best idol anime out there. Hope they don't go too far with season 3, and ruin it. We still have a handful of things we are still waiting on answers for.

I do wish one of the OP themes was the encore, as I think that would have wrapped it up perfectly. That, or Mezame Returner.

10/10 Season. I had it at that score after the Windy Days Saki episode.
Jun 24, 2021 2:24 PM

Mar 2017
After seeing these girls struggle to regain their confidence following the huge fail that was EFS take 1 and then see them pull off an incredible concert with the same overwhelming obstacles PLUS a natural disaster... let's just say Kotaro's tears were justified!

Speaking of that scene - WTF was that blood on the floor?! It best not mean what I think it means, cause if Kotaro is dying a part of me will die with the bloody legend!

And then there was what looked like an alien invasion right at the end there?! We need a Season 3 to clear some of this shit up!
Jun 24, 2021 2:26 PM
Feb 2020
TAE PULLED A FREDDIE MERCURY AFTER THE SONG PFFFF
Edit: K, I was lowkey joking but even all the melodies of the growls match so that was clearly intentional lmao
Jun 24, 2021 2:28 PM

Dec 2015
I laughed a lot watching this anime, also everything was improved in this season like plot, back stories, 3DCG.

3rd season hype!
Jun 24, 2021 2:38 PM
Apr 2016
chakracat said:
That Queen's 1986 Wembley live reference holy fuck, hope someone else caught that.

This season's been nothing but quality. Gonna miss the girls.

Anyone who didn't catch that either has terrible music taste or is just ignorant of the reference, that shit was never going to slip by me though.

Also can someone actually just spoil me on the alien thing and Kotaro bleeding at the end? like DM it to me or point in to where I can read up about it, I can't be bothered waiting for the possiblility of season 3
Jun 24, 2021 2:38 PM
Jan 2021
Holy cow, this episode was amazing and soo much happened, especially the part when the UFO came and incinerated all of Saga. I wonder is there is going to be a sequel to that?
Jun 24, 2021 2:47 PM
Apr 2020
Ep was a banger yes 27 mins long put to good use and WTF?!? is that UFO?! at the end
Jun 24, 2021 3:02 PM

Dec 2007
Absolutely epic.
Tae doing Freddie, I almost expected her to start speaking.
Still no backstory for her, and more questions popping at the end, we can now wait for 3rd season.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Jun 24, 2021 3:36 PM

Sep 2017
So wholesome and awesome but what the fuck?? Kotarou is bleeding and maybe dying but aliens??? Season 3? Movie? This series is whack.
Jun 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
Alpha_Lily_Weeb said:
TAE PULLED A FREDDIE MERCURY AFTER THE SONG PFFFF
Edit: K, I was lowkey joking but even all the melodies of the growls match so that was clearly intentional lmao

You're the first one I saw who mentioned it. THANK YOU!!!

No one going to say anything that they gave Tae a Freddy Mercury moment?!?!?! I mean a Legendary Moment for a Legendary YAMADA TAE

He's the reference for anyone who is curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkbP5OPQhdQ

Kotoro paying the price for creating these Zombies and now it is showing. If FMA taught us anything it is equivalent exchange.

Please season 3 and PLEASE Tae Back Story.

10/10
SoraSenpaiJun 24, 2021 4:00 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 24, 2021 3:53 PM

Dec 2013
I'm so glad we got a second season, I'm going to miss them once again, and I would love a 3rd for more answers and questions.
Jun 24, 2021 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
And so it ends! I have to say, what a fucking banger of a finale man, WOW! This Franchouchou final act was fantastic, just fantastic! It was just what i was waiting for! ^^

Overall, just like the 1st season, Zombieland Saga delivers the whole package once again, good story, cool music, comedy, feels, and last but not least, enjoyment! Imo, a pretty successful sequel right here! Well done MAPPA! Would love to get more of this!

8/10
Jun 24, 2021 4:07 PM

Jun 2017
That was absolutely fucking perfect to close the second season! Banger performance, Koutarou bad health foreshadowing, FUCKING ALIENS!

9/10

Season 3 when???
Jun 24, 2021 4:12 PM

Aug 2019
man there better be a season 3 or a movie after that cliffhanger at the end
Jun 24, 2021 4:23 PM
Jan 2019
AKB or Macross Space Idols x Saga Zombie Idols incoming? Who knows but I'll be there!
Jun 24, 2021 4:28 PM

Aug 2018
A very pleasant sequel, I was waiting for this season 2 impatiently for a long time and it didn't disappoint !

Also, the very ending was surprising & unexpected, but after Zombies, why not aliens ?
Jun 24, 2021 4:31 PM

Aug 2020
This so wonderful revenge of Franchouchou and this is the one of the best season of Zombieland Saga so far. Hope that there was for next season in the future.

Jun 24, 2021 4:37 PM
Jul 2019
I LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH OMG
I CRIED THE WHOLE EPISODE, IT WAS PEEEERFECT
Jun 24, 2021 4:53 PM

Nov 2016
They surely saved the best for "Last"

It was a bit obvious that they would get their revenge by having a concert again at EFS since episode 1 but what I didn't expect was HOW it was gonna happen.

From when they got their own radio show to all of Saga being shut down because of the disaster. It was all leading up to making this their biggest performance yet and I think it has been the biggest I have seen in ANY Idol Anime.

3 INSERT SONGS!!! And almost back to back. There was a Reason they made this a 27 minuter.

And also that post credits scene where TRIGGER INVADES MAPPA WHAT????

Idol Space Jam Coming Next Year BABY
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2021 5:04 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Zombieland Saga takes idol anime to a whole new level and I'm so happy (and crying) for Franchouchou that they've finally had a successful concert in Ekimae Stadium that has been overflowing of audience.

Those were some really amazing insert songs during the concert! And they sound very fitting as the last songs for the 2nd season. Before I could even say "That's a wrap!", I'm curious as to why was there blood on the floor? Was that from Kotaro-san? And the biggest question that's been bugging me was that friggin' cliffhanger at the end. WHY WERE THERE ALIENS THAT JUST BLEW UP THE EARTH?! Are they going for a sequel?!

2nd season has really surpassed the 1st season and I was really overwhelmed by the quality & creativity of the 2nd season much more, so Zombieland Saga: Revenge is going to be an easy 10/10 for me! Solid show! I had a blast watching this season.

But still.....that alien invasion at the end....why though??
Jun 24, 2021 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
It was a not a show about Revenge at all... It was Hope all along!

Such a marvelous ending show! I got somewhat emotional because we are living really hard times with the pandemic. Damn, thank you Mappa and everyone involved in this project. It was marvelous.

And that cliffhanger at the ending... Damn, this episode was a 6 out of 5. Just perfect! Now I gotta stay alive for the sequel.

Gotta update this soon™
Jun 24, 2021 5:54 PM

Jun 2019
Well it had a good final episode so that’s nice.

This season is kinda odd compared to the first one because the performances look much better, it is more visually impressive, and it developed the lore in a surprisingly substantive way. But it was also a lot messier and had much lower lows narratively speaking.

I think it evens out to being about as good as the first season, which is not the worst thing for an original sequel.
Jun 24, 2021 6:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Franchouchou finally gets their revenge huh? It was a hell of a spectacle, that's for sure. Koutaro being a chad and begging the governor, the reporter advertising the concert in the papers, the girls' efforts in cheering everyone up paid off with great publicity, and then Saki's speech. It all culminated in this epic concert.

All in all, this was a good season, but not great. It lacked the fun comradery of the first season. Watching the girls do weird collabs and partnerships was half the fun. I'd say that Saki's episode was probably the best one, simply because it harkened back to the style of the first season.

While it was nice to see the backstory of the show, seeing Yuugiri finally fleshed out, and higher stakes, the other episodes came off as just ok. The melodrama between Franchouchou and Iron Frill wasn't too compelling, the MaiMai thing felt like more of a distraction/filler, and Lily's episode was just plain bad.

I can appreciate the writers trying to amp up things with the girls doing a charity concert for Saga, because it feels like they're actually taking steps to achieving their goal which is "saving Saga", despite the fact that's a little vague.

The music is still absolutely fantastic, the animation was just as nice as the first season, and there were still laughs to be had and the finale was a great payoff. But ultimately it lacked the charm, fun, and cohesiveness of the first season.

The after credits scene was just... stupid. But then I saw on Japanese twitter that they believe they were referencing last year's April Fools' joke that the ZLS twitter account made with Zombies vs Aliens. I really do hope it's a joke, I don't want this series to go off the rails. I know there are fantastical elements in it, but Aliens destroying Japan? C'mon now. This is better when the show is grounded rather than more fantasy-esque.

Oh, and what was the deal with the red liquid on the floor? Was that blood? What exactly is that trying to imply? Is Kotarou dying?

Of course, I still love Franchouchou. But there are a lot of things that still need to be expanded upon and explained. Such as Kotarou's past, the relationship between him and Sakura, Tae's backstory, and so on. I'm hoping we do get to see them once again soon.

7/10
Jun 24, 2021 6:26 PM

Nov 2012
Sondfer said:
Even though this whole season was about our beloved Franchouchou members past and present struggles (again), it was well done. Epic 12 episodes, epic CG, epic songs.
Too bad it's original show with not-so-big following, which means our chances of getting another season soon is like 0. We're 2 years away from it, at best.

Zombieland Saga is hugely popular in Japan. In fact, BD sales on Amazon skyrocketed after the finale, putting it on the current top selling along Uma Musume ss2 (which has the best selling single volume of a TV anime of all time). It's probably not gonna beat Uma, but it's popular enough to get a sequel.

Hoshino_MariaJun 24, 2021 6:40 PM
Jun 24, 2021 6:33 PM
Jun 2017
Love that concert final episode
Jun 24, 2021 6:43 PM

Aug 2020
i got goosebumps while watching this episode, almost made me cry but yeah when's the season 3? a clear 10/10 for the finale 💙

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 24, 2021 7:04 PM
Jun 2021
This finale was amazing, it made me shed a tear damn...

If you guys crave more ZLS content, there's a spin off manga with Tae while she was a human as one of the main characters. It's called Zombieland Saga Gaiden: The First Zombie.
Jun 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Mar 2017
What the fuck was that at the end? Lol are we getting alien idols in the sequel?
Jun 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Feb 2020
What an ending, amazing episode, the animation and cg were fully upgraded, almost perfect season!
9/10. Hope we can get s3 soon~
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

109 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2021

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

172 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 6, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2021

113 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

93 by Karva1 »»
Apr 2, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.