Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2008 3:25 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was kind of surpring, at least to me, that it was Johan who killed everyone at that house (I was expecting someone else, like an internal rebellion, or something like that).
And I was also surprised so see that Wolfe, also wanted Johan dead. Can't wait to see what'll happen next :D
Nov 18, 2008 8:23 PM

Sep 2008
monster has the best plot twists in teh biz
Dec 24, 2008 4:46 PM

Jun 2008
Kind of figured Johan would've killed them. Obv. he has no prejudices in killing people since he talks to Tenma like he doesn't care.

This is awesome. I'm gonna stop leaving these stupid comments now.
Feb 8, 2009 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
Lol at Dieter in the bar. This episode was the bomb, a huge cliffhanger and its already so late here I have to go to bed. Nice developments in this episode though.
Aug 9, 2009 10:23 AM

Jul 2009
Awesome plot developments - can't wait for more ^_^
Jan 22, 2010 11:29 AM

Sep 2009
Tenma was right, when saying that Johan hates all humanity. Therefore, I suspected that he will kill everyone in the house. The thing I did not expect was that Wolfe is against Johan. Now that you think of it, it makes sense. In some episode, Anna said that all the people that took care of the twins were eventually dead, and that Johan ONLY his sister. Later we find out, that Johan is also attached to people who saved his life. That includes Tenma and Wolfe. That is the only reason why they both are still alive. Both of them understood who Johan is and is now going against him.

One think troubles my mind though. We know that Johan wants to meet up with his sister. Why didn't he already do it? He had an opportunity. While Johan was killing everyone in the house, Anna was there too. He must have a motive for that. Few comes to my mind. First of all, he could be afraid of Anna killing him. We know that she is as smart as Johan, and knows martial arts. Another one would be that he is not afraid of her killing him, but is worried that she will neglect him. Hate him. Therefore, Johan is trying to pull of some plan to make Anna join him. Second one seems more probable, since we know that Johan asked Anna to shoot him in the head when they were staying at Lieberts. The last fact I mentioned still troubles me as I have written in a post few episodes back.

P.S.
Sry for a long comment after each episode. I just have to unleash my thoughts somewhere. I think its better than writing stuff like:
Awesome ep!
Very good ep, nice development.
Tenma is gonna kick ass!
AlgirdyzJan 22, 2010 11:33 AM
No sig :(
May 28, 2010 2:22 AM

Sep 2008
Go Mamiko Noto, go! Run around the mansion and find dead people. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2010 6:16 AM

Jun 2009
Fantastic suspenseful episode. May have had the highest body count of the series, so far for the record. And, I had a feeling it was Johann who killed the residence of the mansion. I imagine he did it to save Anna, though it is kind of odd he didn't try to take her with him.

Best line of the episode, when Wolf mentions how his partners want to make Johann into another Hitler he says, " I think it's Stupid." Echoed my thoughts exactly.
Ston3_FreeN7Jan 25, 2017 2:04 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2010 11:10 PM

Mar 2010
wolf even wants him dead wow

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 4, 2011 8:11 AM
Jun 2010
wow, so it was johan who killed everyone, feel sorry for that turkish woman but oh well, those who die, die...

Oh and that theif guys a prick, taking advantage of the blaze.
May 13, 2011 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Poor Aysa. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 16, 2012 12:00 AM

Mar 2009
Lol that thief dude really wouldn't give up on the rug.
Sep 17, 2012 1:14 PM

Nov 2009
I would think that their would be something more expensive than a rug in an entire district of a town... Anyways this anime has gotten intense, its really bad too cause I've got studying to do but instead my mouse just clicks next episode...
Nov 22, 2012 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
The instrumental of the ED makes it even more creepy.
Dec 17, 2012 2:23 AM

Feb 2012
So Intense episode Wolfe is good guy O_O

About Episode:

It was nice to see that Dieter didn't need to be alone. And that Turkish woman keep company for him.

The Baby again punching with that stick Tenma he must really like punching people lol. Also when Tenma said Johan don't trust humans and don't want to be in any organizations his basically right in this.

That bar scene with Dieter was just EPICNESS! under age kid drinks smartini haha those guys where totally amazed by him. Until he threw everything up. So good scene.

I am not sure who that man was behind Dieter I first thought it could be Johan but naah I believe it's one of the organization guys.

Too bad Ayase couldn't escape in a time. Man I really hope Nina is going ro vengeance her.

Haha best part was that The Baby was so suprised that own organization turned against him. definitely great part.

Johan doing his evil deeds again this time whole organization how he does those things he got to be some kind of supernatural powers.

Tenma in that car pretty nicely he hold that other guy. Dieter run to tell Calwin Wayne evertyhing I mean that Turkish town.

Wolfe definitely seemed really old. Older than in that picture Tenma saw in Hartmann's house. So Johan leaved another message not that I wouldn't have guessed this. I wait for you in Romberg abandoned warehouse Interesting message.

Haha Otto were holding Dieter and some tough guys came there. I wonder what now happen haha.

So Wolfe also has same goal like Tenma this is getting really interesting. What Nina saw really on that warehouse. Maybe Johan wasn't there and that was just trap.

Awesome episode

5/5
Jan 27, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2012
So that Wolf guy actually wants to kill Johan too.I wonder what will happen next.

May 7, 2013 8:02 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, not into this as much as others
Aug 17, 2013 8:41 AM
May 2012
Oh come on it was pretty obvious that Johann is going to kill them did they really think that Johann will work with them? that guy is a Monster. So far all of my predictions has been correct I don't know if this show is predictable or I'm just good at things like this anyway this show is awesome. Dieter kinda looked like James Dean back there in the club maybe because of the jacket and poor Aysa getting killed just like that. This is getting intense let's see whats next.
Sep 18, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2009
wow this is getting intense as hell!!

glad the turkish lady feed Dieter :P

i think that bastard asshole that gave the fruits to Nina was the one that killed Aysa :(

lol Dieter walked into a bard, drank a tequilla and went off like a boss XD

then he suddenly pukes!

poor Aysa being killed :(

glad that punk ass bitch Baby's henchman got killed in the spot, should have killed Baby as well while your at it.

we finally see Wolf!

so Wolf didn't wanted Johan to become hitler, then what did he want from he?

just saving his life and nothing more? just like Tenma

i already can tell the last scene with Nina, she either sees blood on the wall or a person hanging(probably the former)

getting intense! can't wait for more of this!!!!
Jan 7, 2014 10:17 AM

Mar 2013
That scene when baby henchman was killed, kinda resembled that one scene on "box cutter" when gus kills one of his own . this is awesome. lovin every second of it
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 8, 2014 2:52 AM

May 2013
Last two episode were awesome, I couldn't even stop to leave a comment for 15 XD

So Wolf guy wants Johan to dead, didn't expect that and poor Aysa :(
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 9, 2014 1:27 PM

Apr 2014
Easily one of the best episodes - that plot twist.
Dec 18, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
Nice episode but did it really had to end on a cliffhanger like that ;_;?
Jan 29, 2015 11:55 PM

Nov 2013
This episode proves that Johan really is a monster. Killing off all those people in that mansion without Nina even being aware.

Fucking hate Rat-face. All he cares about is getting money even if it means a whole district dying in a fire. Glad he got beat up by those guys.

That cliffhanger.

Listening to that Turkish woman die through the drain was horrifying.

When Wolf wants Johan dead, you know this man is capable of doing some scary shit.

Awesome episode. Onto the next one!

9/10

Feb 12, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2014

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMar 29, 2022 1:11 PM
Mar 28, 2015 1:00 PM
Nov 2014
I have a feeling next ep is gonna be a blast :)
May 14, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2014
Interesting general Wolf wants Johan dead too
Jul 3, 2015 9:19 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 12, 2015 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
Wolf was different than what I expected.
Sep 23, 2015 12:27 AM
Sep 2015
Dieter in the bar was funny.
Oct 9, 2015 5:55 PM
Feb 2015
shiiii~ General Wolf giving the go ahead and his blessings to Tenma to kill Johan lol

Mod Edit: Removed quote of edited post.
KarinaraMar 29, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 22, 2015 3:18 AM

May 2015
So Wolf wants Johan dead!! Sure didn't expect that.. Maybe it's a huge scam to get Tenma to Johan? It's pretty obvious that Tenma won't get Johan this time. I wonder what will happen with Nina and what Johan's intentions are. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to kill her, but does he respect her or will he take her by force?? Anyway I WANT TO SEE JOHAN !
p.s.: Dieter in the bar LOL
markay23Dec 22, 2015 3:30 AM
Feb 27, 2016 12:08 PM
May 2015
Awesome episode, this one. Wolfe's speech somehow stuck me. Totally didn't expect him to also want Johan dead. That just made it all so much interesting. But why? I have one theory. Going by what he says -"Even Hitler only got so far"- I believe when he took him he thought of turning him into a deadly leader that'll bring wrath to the whole world. So that he'd rule the world or something to that tune. But Johan started killing people who 'knew' him. Everybody who knew him. As I said, his speech stuck me. Johan killed them all until nobody was left who 'knew' him. He now has to tell everyone who he is. They believe him but they don't 'know' him. His existence is only left in his own self and his only identity is through his own words. Solitude. True Solitude. Ironic Solitude. Thus he realizes how foolish, how futile, it'd be to rule the world, to kill all. How futile it'd be to be at the top but to be there alone. He may have had intensely evil intentions earlier but in the end, he is no Johan, he is no Monster. On observing the evil, the sheer pure darkness that Johan can bring, closer than anyone else, he realizes that only a Monster can find happiness in it. He realizes that the solitude of it all is unbearable for a human. He sees how absolute Johan's darkness is. One that can not be beared by by any human, no matter how evil. This changes him. That is why he wants him dead. Even the most evil turn away at the sight of the absolute. The slightest of humanity in a human is big enough compared to its complete absence in Johan, big enough to make that man realize that as a human he has to be against him. Its similar to how even the smallest number is infinitely times bigger than 0. The other people, hoping for Johan to lead them and stuff, don't realize this simply because they do not know him, they have not seen him truly, they have not observed him. Few do and few have. Wolf does, wolf has.
May 27, 2016 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Too bad that Aysa was killed.
Wolf had all his family, friends and henchmen killed by Johan, I felt bad when he said it.
Jan 25, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2009
"You will know how I feel", has to be the actual best line of the episode past me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 11, 2017 11:03 PM

May 2015
Hmm... so Johan is the anti-Christ? Unless he was triggered by some event in his past I will go with this theory meaning that he was born a Monster and not created... Wolf revelation surprised me... he wants him dead but it is because he killed all of her family & friends because he turned into a beast he cannot tame...? So sad for the Turkish woman... I hope nothing bad happens to Anna.
Jul 31, 2017 4:22 PM

Jul 2017
Algirdyz said:
Tenma was right, when saying that Johan hates all humanity. Therefore, I suspected that he will kill everyone in the house. The thing I did not expect was that Wolfe is against Johan. Now that you think of it, it makes sense. In some episode, Anna said that all the people that took care of the twins were eventually dead, and that Johan ONLY his sister. Later we find out, that Johan is also attached to people who saved his life. That includes Tenma and Wolfe. That is the only reason why they both are still alive. Both of them understood who Johan is and is now going against him.

One think troubles my mind though. We know that Johan wants to meet up with his sister. Why didn't he already do it? He had an opportunity. While Johan was killing everyone in the house, Anna was there too. He must have a motive for that. Few comes to my mind. First of all, he could be afraid of Anna killing him. We know that she is as smart as Johan, and knows martial arts. Another one would be that he is not afraid of her killing him, but is worried that she will neglect him. Hate him. Therefore, Johan is trying to pull of some plan to make Anna join him. Second one seems more probable, since we know that Johan asked Anna to shoot him in the head when they were staying at Lieberts. The last fact I mentioned still troubles me as I have written in a post few episodes back.

P.S.
Sry for a long comment after each episode. I just have to unleash my thoughts somewhere. I think its better than writing stuff like:
Awesome ep!
Very good ep, nice development.
Tenma is gonna kick ass!

I thought she shot him in the head to save herself??
Mar 11, 2018 3:54 AM

Sep 2017
This has been a epic episode. We see more of Johan and Wolf, bringing back the past of Johan. And it is quite chilling to see that Johan already had signs of creepy tendencies in his childhood. Especially with his promise that Wolf would "know soon enough". And what happened to Wolf is quite terrifying. Everyone who knew him is dead.

Also, Johan just killed every goon in the same building as Nina without making a sound. It is possible that not even Light Yagami will not stand a chance with him.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 18, 2018 6:12 AM
Jan 2018
Why did Johan want Wolfe to be alone? and feel lonely by killing all his loved ones?
Nov 15, 2018 7:58 AM
Aug 2018
It looks like Johan is eliminating everyone close to him so that no one even knows about him. That way, he can work from the shadows. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist."
Dec 2, 2018 12:11 AM

Jan 2017
“hey mister, can’t you go any faster?”
“im already going 200km/h”
“your meters are broken”
lol
i find it very fitting that the con artist closely resembles the caricature of a rat.
Dec 28, 2018 1:21 PM

Nov 2016
Very interesting revelations. If Johan is really a monster beyond anything imaginable, then it kinda makes sense that Wolf also wants to see him dead.

Too bad that Ayse had to die, hope they can save the district.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2019 9:03 AM
Apr 2016
Aaah, episodes pass so fast...to a point it's annoying to click buttons to open the next episode... Johan really is a monster, he's amazing.
Oct 24, 2019 3:23 AM

Dec 2018
"You will soon know how I feel." Well that's 1 way to answer someone who's been taking care of you.

Seems Johan is worse than Hitler.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 12, 2019 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Just amazing the way plot unravels..
May 17, 2020 2:48 PM

Nov 2017
Dr. Tenma is packin' heat, Anna is packin' heat... just nice characters you would expect to be the last people to have a gun in their hands.

Even Wolfe wants Johan to die and asks Dr. Tenma (who wants to kill him) to do it
Jun 19, 2020 3:02 PM

May 2019
Who would say that Dieter is so badass. :P

Sep 13, 2020 7:12 AM

Jul 2020
Quite a surprise that Wolfe is against Johan as well, I really thought he’s Johan’s accomplice. Well that’s a good thing for Tenma.

So Johan’s motive of killing is more broader than I imagined. Aside from killing those who took care of them, including those from the orphanage, he also kills Wolfe’s family and friends so Wolfe will be left alone? Wonder if Johan’s obsessed with Wolfe’s attention to do that. Or like what Tenma said, he hates humanity (something like that).
Sep 30, 2020 1:39 PM

Dec 2007
nina isn't thinking enough, she's doing things too fast and without too much thinking.

i was sure that wolf gonna give tenma more info than "you gotta kill him"...
Nov 1, 2020 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
Another creepy yet awesome episode with great twists. Johan just casually killing everyone is so insane, he makes it look like too easy. Even Wolf knows that there are only certain people who could be given a task to kill Johan, one of them being Tenma.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.