Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 5, 2008 10:55 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tenma exposes himself way to much. I wonder what would happen if that cop didn't "turn good" (can't think of a good term to say =P).
So Naruto...err... I mean, Dieter is still going to travel with him. I was actually expecting Dieter to stay at that village.
Apr 6, 2008 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
It was pretty obvious the cop was going to turn good. Predictable episode is predictable, once again. Also, is it really very intelligent to bring a young boy with you when you're a fugitive murder suspect? Sigh. Episode is only OK.
Nov 17, 2008 1:27 PM

Sep 2008
i thought deiter was going to eat ramen. guess not D:
Dec 24, 2008 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
psssh this show rules. i can't believe i hadn't watched it yet. but yes maybe naruto should go eat some ramen elsewhere. still, he isn't an annoying kid - he doesn't whine/talk much
Feb 7, 2009 1:17 AM

Jul 2008
I also expected Dieter to stay at the village, Temna though is quite the tensai.
Jul 9, 2009 1:39 AM

Apr 2009
I thought at first that Dieter would stay at the village and try to become hokage...but I guess he decided to go with Tenma after all.

Aug 9, 2009 8:14 AM

Jul 2009
Worst ep so far...hopefully it'll get back on track next ep
Jan 14, 2010 3:08 PM

Apr 2009
Osaka117 said:
I thought at first that Dieter would stay at the village and try to become hokage...but I guess he decided to go with Tenma after all.

haha yeah
Jan 20, 2010 12:14 PM

Sep 2009
The episode was bad, everything was predictable: cop turning good, tenma saving the patient etc...
But I must say that I was really expecting Naruto to stay at the village. I thought this lame ep would be made to get rid of him...
It was like a filler.... No story development.
No sig :(
Feb 5, 2010 9:41 PM

Jan 2010
"I thought it was him because he was Asian." lol k.

And I also thought Naruto was gonna stay in the village to be hokage especially when the doctor ran after him and kept him there.
\
Feb 27, 2010 8:37 PM

Jan 2010
In this episode Tenma made very clear he's going to kill the monster.
At first he just kept saying he wanted to capture Jona, but at the end of this episode he made it clear his determination to hunt down and kill Jona. Wonder if he can pull it off, though.

btw, love the episode, as it in a way proves Tenma's determination. He could have stayed there and lived with Dieter in the village, form a family, escape from the cops, and leave his old life behind, but he didn't. Also, when doctor Schumman said to Tenma that he could stay and save lifes, I thought that's exactly what Tenma is trying to do by hunting down Johna.

And yeah, I can't remember how to spell the monster guy's name.
Aug 16, 2010 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
Tenma is too nice for his own good :p
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Aug 16, 2010 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
Yonatay said:
Tenma is too nice for his own good :p
being a medical science student , and a soon to be doc , i envy tenma for his awesome skills . And his goodness :(
Oct 5, 2010 1:37 AM

Jun 2009
Well, this episode further proves to me that Tenma is exactly what a doctor should be. Despite the fact that he plans to kill Johann he still hasn't lost himself and I think that's important. I guess you could consider this filler, but considering the future implications of Tenma's comments at the end I don't think it actually is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2010 9:35 PM

Mar 2010
thats right tenma has work to do he cant stay in that village

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 13, 2011 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
Ehhhh, everyone wants to use Tenma.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 17, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
for a minor side-story, it was a clear depiction of human emotion and the distinction between good and evil intentions; Tenma's conscience will not allow him to forsake a life regardless of his own personal situation and the cop who's mother oversteps his duty as an officer of the law.

well made episode that further provides us Tenma's determination to not only complete his goal (whatever that may be) but also to continue to uphold his 'way of life', which is to save others in need.

insan3soldiern said:
I guess you could consider this filler, but considering the future implications of Tenma's comments at the end I don't think it actually is.

very much agreed. although, he could just be spouting thoughts to show his seriousness, he is obviously striving for something along the lines of serving death.

once again, great series ^^
Feb 13, 2012 9:28 PM

Mar 2009
Well Tenma got to help others.
Mar 3, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2011
Kayro said:
...Tenma exposes himself way to much...

Seriously, you think he would at least have an alias figured out by now.

Predictability aside, I really enjoyed this ep. It solidified Tenma's resolve to kill Johan despite it going against his nature and everything he believes in.
Apr 12, 2012 8:54 AM

Apr 2009
insan3soldiern said:
I guess you could consider this filler, but considering the future implications of Tenma's comments at the end I don't think it actually is.

Algirdyz said:

I can't believe how there's almost not a single thread in this forums that wouldn't be stained with this 'f****' word... ><
Anyway, every single episode of this show so far is a masterpiece.
FumofuApr 12, 2012 8:59 AM
Sep 17, 2012 11:50 AM

Nov 2009
Filler doesn't need to be bad, Fumoffu was a 13 episode filler series between Full Metal Panic 1 and 2 but I personally liked it a lot more than the series itself. Anyways a pretty good episode, just unsure where exactly Tenma is heading, as well as what Johann's complete scheme is... I mean this is post WWII Germany... they are saying he is the leader of men because he is persuasive... I'm pretty sure that after Hitler his type wasn't exactly the most popular type of personality in Germany, just saying.
Sep 27, 2012 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
Tenma held at gunpoint, no a care was given.
Dec 16, 2012 11:47 PM

Feb 2012
Another filler but it's true Tenma finally determined his struggle with Johan. And is ready for him now for real.

About Episode:

Dr. Schumann was really nice doctor first I notice that he was really strict and so on. But when he find out some guy left patient to his care. Haha he goes to chase him kind of cool.

Also that bar scene when the Hainz came in and asked who Tenma is and doctor saved him by lying out that his another doctor Cheng, haha nice thinking there.

This episode also thought that Tenma can made evil go way from a person I mean that Petra didn't like doctors and did not open door until later when Tenma talked with her and said he make mistakes too. That's true especially resurrecting Johan.

Luckily that cop changed his mind arresting Tenma. And it was relieved that Petra survived from that operation. Even though Tenma is now escaping cops he is getting more and more skillfull in operations. Doing surgery without certaiin things is amazing for Tenma.

Hopefully we get new plot episode soon.

Still 5/5 for this episode.
Jan 27, 2013 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
Tenma sure walks around in public a lot for a wanted man. Anyway, it was a rather nice episode.

May 3, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Liked this episode a lot.
Aug 17, 2013 5:47 AM
May 2012
Nice episode ;) I'm glad naruto stayed with Tenma.
Aug 26, 2013 2:43 PM
Aug 2013
Oh Dr. Schumann, you so tsundere.
Sep 15, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2009
another great episode :D

it was kinda a filler, but i really enjoyed just as much as the gun training camp episode ^^

Schumman is just as kind as Tenma!

can't believe both also wanted to rise as chairman, only Schumman's wife dies along the way.

if Schumman didn't persist on that lady's house she would have been dead.

i'm glad Schumman is understandable, he probably thinks Tenma was framed or something.

and wow i thought Dieter would be left behind, glad he followed in the end!!

and lol does Dieter really sounds like Naruto? i don't watch the show tbh XD

she kinda sounds like Romi Paku at times :P

next episode is now about Eva!!
Jan 7, 2014 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
Fumofu said:
insan3soldiern said:

Algirdyz said:

I can't believe how there's almost not a single thread in this forums that wouldn't be stained with this 'f****' word... ><
Anyway, every single episode of this show so far is a masterpiece.

I second that. best episode for me until now. that confession was so beautiful
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 7, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2013
I'm going to be mad if Dieter dies, I wanted him to stay save in that village :(
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 2, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
is everything that's not a climax considered "filler" now? jesus christ. there was definitely development in this episode, just no huge reveals like previous episodes.

great episode. was also hoping dieter would stay, i imagine at some point he'll have to end up in the way of tenma.
Jun 9, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
undercoverism said:
is everything that's not a climax considered "filler" now? jesus christ. there was definitely development in this episode, just no huge reveals like previous episodes.

great episode. was also hoping dieter would stay, i imagine at some point he'll have to end up in the way of tenma.

Agreed. Definitely not a filler. I really enjoyed the episode, but somehow, I've been thinking Tenma is too much of a great guy... Isn't he too good to be real?
Aug 12, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
Aww, even though Dieter not staying at the village is a a unpredictable move, which makes the viewers more surprised, I don't think that is a good idea if I was Tenma. The kid could have lived a pretty good and carefree life there. Now, he'll annoy the viewer if he gets in Tenma's way and he'll make me worry about his safety. :/
Sep 21, 2014 12:11 AM

Nov 2011
^I think that's the point. Tenma keeps telling Dieter to not follow him, but I guess he doesn't have the heart to ditch him.

Anyway, I think this series does the semi-episodic format well. It's a lot easier to pick up and watch in small spurts that way as well, as each episode has a fairly complete story while still carrying along the plot. I liked that somewhat lighter tone this episode had.

Still, Tenma has decided to kill Johan. I don't really think it's his place to do so. I mean, it's not that I don't understand why, but eh... Maybe he hopes to invoke self defense somehow? I kinda doubt it, though, and "invoking it" is dubious anyway, since the goal should be to capture rather than kill if it's self defense.
Dec 17, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
vibskov said:

It's just that that the series set the bar for a normal episode pretty high and I personally didn't like this one that much. Definitely not filler tought. Tenma's confession at the end was important.
Jan 22, 2015 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
That Dietrid is so fucking annoying. I didn't start watching this series to see a kid accompany the doctor
Jan 27, 2015 10:09 PM

Nov 2013
It was alright. No plot progression annoyingly enough. Have yet to see a god-tier episode. Hope one's coming sometime in the near future.

7/10

Feb 12, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
Yaay, every thing goes just like I want. It is so good to see Tenma with someone rather than being lone wolf in this world. However, I don't think Deter will stay with him for long.
Feb 23, 2015 4:50 AM

Nov 2011
They're starting to feel like fillers but this was the best of them all i have to say.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2015 7:22 AM
Nov 2014
Tenma is just too kind, that cop was an ass but atleast he called off the roadblocks.
Apr 7, 2015 10:21 PM
Jun 2013
Finally a "positive" ending.
This series is too dark for me sometimes...
May 26, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2015
Personally I absolutely loved this episode. Everytime we get to see Tenma save lives I always smile. Of course it's also quite conflicting as we know that Tenma will eventually have to kill Johan. I'm really excited to see where the series goes, what you guys and gals?
In the argument of sub vs dub all I have to say is why not both? Cue the Mexican music!!!!
May 26, 2015 6:22 PM

May 2015
I really enjoyed watching this episode. It's so interesting to see the ways in which Tenma effects those would himself. It's also interesting to watch the conflict between Tenma's desire to save lives and his desire to kill Johan. I'm really excited to see where this series will go. What about you guys and gals?
In the argument of sub vs dub all I have to say is why not both? Cue the Mexican music!!!!
Jun 30, 2015 8:05 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 12, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2013
This episode felt like filler. Still enjoyable. Doctor was pretty cool.
Sep 22, 2015 11:10 PM
Sep 2015
Simple but nice episode.
Final lines of the episode were pretty intense.
Oct 8, 2015 4:53 PM
Feb 2015
Tenma should have said that he is trying to save countless lives and that's why he has to leave.
Killing Johan would save countless lives after all :P
Jan 3, 2016 7:40 PM
May 2014
Holy crap, what a crazy task to give to a 10-year-old O.o
Jan 9, 2016 9:35 PM
Jul 2015
Interesting that Dieter is still with Tenma, gotta wonder where he'll end up. It seems like Tenma's goal now is more personal than it was to begin with - he's out for blood. Also, I can't be the only one that's creeped out by those drawings in the ending credits.
Jan 10, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2015
Interesting that Dieter is still with Tenma, gotta wonder where he'll end up. It seems like Tenma's goal now is more personal than it was to begin with - he's out for blood. Also, I can't be the only one that's creeped out by those drawings in the ending credits.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Apr 26, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.