Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 2021 5:24 PM
Feb 2021
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:
This may be a bit controversial but I do believe that all the members in the Todoroki family, aside from Shoto, has contributed to making Touya into Dabi

I get what you mean... And you certainly have a point, but everyting they did to contribute was caused by Endevour. I especially understand with Rei, she kinda had other options, but she did this involving innocent children and still having more.She could have been a better mom (at the beginig when Endeavor's abuse was still pretty light) but didn't. HOWEVER, Natsuo and Fuyumi were little kids, they could have doen little things better, but it wasn't their responsability, had their own struggles under his abuse/neglet and everything they did wrong was without realising or to cope. So I can't blame them
Feb 22, 2021 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:
This may be a bit controversial but I do believe that all the members in the Todoroki family, aside from Shoto, has contributed to making Touya into Dabi

what what what is this thinking? fuyumi was 12 and natsuo was 8, how were they supposed to help touya huh?
Feb 22, 2021 10:16 PM
Jan 2021
Broskei_ said:
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:

I get what you mean... And you certainly have a point, but everyting they did to contribute was caused by Endevour. I especially understand with Rei, she kinda had other options, but she did this involving innocent children and still having more.She could have been a better mom (at the beginig when Endeavor's abuse was still pretty light) but didn't. HOWEVER, Natsuo and Fuyumi were little kids, they could have doen little things better, but it wasn't their responsability, had their own struggles under his abuse/neglet and everything they did wrong was without realising or to cope. So I can't blame them

I don't fully blame Fuyumi and Natsuo but I do think that they did play at least a little part of making Touya into Dabi like how Natsuo just chose to ignore Touya's rants and stuff like that. The parents was the main reason though.
Feb 22, 2021 10:19 PM
Jan 2021
Edge_is_a_weapon said:
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:

what what what is this thinking? fuyumi was 12 and natsuo was 8, how were they supposed to help touya huh?

Seen in the panels, Natsuo did choose to ignore Touya's rants and tell him to go and talk to Fuyumi instead. I can understand that Fuyumi did nothing wrong now that I think about it cause she did try and look out for him. Though most of the blame should be on Endeavour and Rei
Feb 23, 2021 3:08 AM

Nov 2016
Natsuo and Fuyumi did nothing wrong tho, Dabi trying to convice Natuso with all his shit in the middle of the night (probably) and just one "I don't care" and he becomes ape shit, he didn't even care about Fuyumi, the same for the whole family.
Endeavor probably didn't give a shit about them both unlike Touya and Shoto, the mother more of the same, and still in the last pannel Fuyumi was still 12 and Natsuo 8, they wouldn't have been able to do shit in the middle of a discussion.
Feb 23, 2021 3:10 AM

Nov 2016
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:
Edge_is_a_weapon said:

Seen in the panels, Natsuo did choose to ignore Touya's rants and tell him to go and talk to Fuyumi instead. I can understand that Fuyumi did nothing wrong now that I think about it cause she did try and look out for him. Though most of the blame should be on Endeavour and Rei
Touya woke up Natsuo in the middle of the night, and with only one "go talk to Fuyumi" shouldn't be that big of a problem, also Touya was like this people that ring the bell to talk about the lord and saviour Jesus
AlvaritoterreosFeb 23, 2021 3:18 AM
Feb 23, 2021 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:
Edge_is_a_weapon said:

even if natsuo had listened nothing would have changed, blaming an 8yr old kid is just silly
Feb 23, 2021 10:15 AM
Feb 2021
Edge_is_a_weapon said:
TAEHYUNGDIOR said:

even if natsuo had listened nothing would have changed, blaming an 8yr old kid is just silly

True, if he had listened all the time mabye the story of how and when it happened would have changed a bit. But the result was only avoidable if Endeavor or Rei did smth. Aside from that, idt anybody has said this but, that would have been pretty harming for Natsuo's mental health.

ig my point is that they did contribute, but they are not to blame, just like Todoroki.
Feb 23, 2021 12:09 PM

Mar 2016
I'm loving the family drama that's happening.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Feb 24, 2021 1:38 AM
Jan 2020
i didnt like this chapter, at all.i was hoping that rei would hold enji responsible, show him how much he hurt everyone. from what we see in tha backstory, and what we already know, enji abused his whole family a lot. i think reis and shotos decision to help him defeat dabi is unrealistic.
also i ve seen thrown around that dabi is a misoginist and i have to disagree. we have to take into account that he was a broken child when he said those things, and that all the women in his life, all his family, had failed to protect him and also he has enji as a father figure, who as we all know treated women as baby factories. i may be biased because in a weird way i see myself in dabi, and the leage of vilains, i support their cause and ideology.
its worth mentioning that not all his bad character traits should be dismissed by his trauma, but an intresting question to ask is, what if the roles were reverced? just because dabi has a vilain tag, does this me we cant forgive anything? and just because enji is a hero all the horrible things he did and still does can be ignored?
Feb 24, 2021 1:40 AM
Jan 2020
dabisbasement said:
I have no words, I’m just disappointed in rei, instead of trying to help her broken child, she wanted them to fight him and even kill him.

same i was really expecting something different from her
Feb 24, 2021 2:01 AM
Jan 2020
Nobody5464 said:
Broskei_ said:
Ik ppl are mad abt the whole Endeavour's redemption thing, don't get me wrong I am too. Like I hate the motherfuker and really can't wait to see Dabi crush him. But there is this reflex in me when they, mostly Natsuo, ush him away that just says "he is trying don't you see you are hurting him". Still when characters say smth posiyive abt him, taht he ies trying to do better or don'r really care (like Hawkws) I just get furious.

I guess what im asking is, does anbody als have that reflex but hates it bc they still hate Endevour (with more than enough reason)?

Idk mabye its the Dabi kinnie in me but when ppl defend him I just get real mad and can't take them seariously

Wow. Dabi is a self admitted multi mass murderer whose killed more than 30 people and would destroy the entire country of japan just to satisfy his own twisted desire to hurt his dad. How you can sit here and say you want him to win is mind boggling
i dissagre. if you think about the hero society has ruined many lives as well, not killed people but destroyed them mentally. all of the league of villains are a byproduct of hero society.

the ends dont justify the means abviously and killing people is bad, but a society that forces kids to destroy themselves for love, tells kids to kill themselves because they have no quirks and does many other awfull acts is not it as bad too?

i think many people see themselves in dabi, as many are burdened by sociatal expectations, and expectations of their loved ones, sharing a similar trai of thought with him.

(i kin him to, i am biased lol)
Feb 24, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2018
imboredsaveme said:
i didnt like this chapter, at all.i was hoping that rei would hold enji responsible, show him how much he hurt everyone. from what we see in tha backstory, and what we already know, enji abused his whole family a lot. i think reis and shotos decision to help him defeat dabi is unrealistic.
also i ve seen thrown around that dabi is a misoginist and i have to disagree. we have to take into account that he was a broken child when he said those things, and that all the women in his life, all his family, had failed to protect him and also he has enji as a father figure, who as we all know treated women as baby factories. i may be biased because in a weird way i see myself in dabi, and the leage of vilains, i support their cause and ideology.
its worth mentioning that not all his bad character traits should be dismissed by his trauma, but an intresting question to ask is, what if the roles were reverced? just because dabi has a vilain tag, does this me we cant forgive anything? and just because enji is a hero all the horrible things he did and still does can be ignored?

I don't think this chapter is ignoring anything regarding Endeavor, it still paints him as a failure of an husband and father, and like Rei said, he now has to take responsability, along with all of them.

Also, while I see how you can be unwilling to forgive Endeavor (tho not what he is looking for), being ready to forgive Dabi is simply impossible at this point because, remember, he killed 30+ innocent people, Touya could have been saved, Dabi is way past that point.

Also, if you look at it from the most pragmatic point of view possible, Endeavor only ruined 5 lives, and being the n°2 hero, he most likely saved infinitely more, while Dabi possibly ruined 30+ famillies.
Feb 24, 2021 5:22 AM
Jan 2020
Florent3571 said:
imboredsaveme said:

I don't think this chapter is ignoring anything regarding Endeavor, it still paints him as a failure of an husband and father, and like Rei said, he now has to take responsability, along with all of them.

Also, while I see how you can be unwilling to forgive Endeavor (tho not what he is looking for), being ready to forgive Dabi is simply impossible at this point because, remember, he killed 30+ innocent people, Touya could have been saved, Dabi is way past that point.

Also, if you look at it from the most pragmatic point of view possible, Endeavor only ruined 5 lives, and being the n°2 hero, he most likely saved infinitely more, while Dabi possibly ruined 30+ famillies.

i agree with what you said, for me at least endeavor embodies all the things wrong with hero society. the corruption, the disregard for human life in exchange for fame and the double standarts.

for me at least it seemed a bit out of character for rei to forgive him that easily, and help him.
Feb 24, 2021 11:13 AM
Nov 2019
Very interesting to see the family as a whole taking responsibility for what happened to Touya, not just Endeavor. We already know that Endeavor is the main reason he ended up that way( as Natsu said, he's the root cause) but I like how we also see how the others had simply talked to him a little differently, things could have turned out better.

It's also quite refreshing g to see that they're not really trying to redeem Dabi here. That's something Deku would definitely try, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this situation.
Feb 24, 2021 4:04 PM
Nov 2020
Can’t untuck the thanksgiving turkey
Feb 24, 2021 4:30 PM

Mar 2018
that backstory and the last couple chapters in the hospital have been 10/10
Feb 27, 2021 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
Endeavor deserves the worst outcome considering he's a piece of shit. Ideally, I hope it's Dabi who kills him.
Feb 27, 2021 11:02 PM

Mar 2016
Political marriages are so messy..... with some exceptions, of course. Touya waited for Endeavour and that is what caused him to go awry since Endeavour never really showed up. Each member of the family except for Shoto is to blame. Yet, resolution has arrived.
Feb 27, 2021 11:39 PM

Jun 2017
It has to be a "Todoroki," either Shoto or Endeavor who will beat Dabi. I will not accept it if it's another hero who will do the deed.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 7, 2022 1:02 AM

Feb 2021
I liked how all of the family members accepted that they were wrong at some point and they could have done something to stop all this shit.

Of course, Endeavour's the root cause but I'm still not that sympathetic towards Toya. He was too hung up on being a hero, to the point it was unhealthy for him. Like it's the same shit as Deku destroying his body way too much and his mom showing concern and telling him to stop.

Nobody was forcing Toya to be a hero after the problems with his quirk were discovered. He even talked shit about his mom without even knowing her whole story.

Also, he's murdering innocent people just to take revenge on Enji? If he wants to take revenge/watch Endeavour suffer, why not stop being an edgy bitch and go face him man to man. Why is he including the lives to innocent civilians? I can't sympathize with a murderer with a lame ass goal and an edgy ass mindset.

Aug 25, 2022 5:44 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
They were all wrong but, they're trying to make things right.

I'm rooting for the Todoroki family.
Mar 27, 2023 4:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the family united, will never be defeated! kekeke
Jan 31, 11:36 PM

Apr 2015
The family collectively taking responsibility for their own shortcomings, This is the stuff that I like to see. Endeavor's development is Plus Ultra!
I really really like Endeavor's character now.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

15 by ThatDeadMikey »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Today, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.