Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 30, 2021 8:38 AM

Jan 2021
Ngl I hate Eva. ( I will probably get hate lol)
I just hope she will get character development if she’s gonna stick around
Sep 28, 2021 5:42 AM
Sep 2021
At first I thought that Eva was really sorry for what she did in the past to Tenma, She looked really convinving and genuinely sorry, but in the end she really is manipulative woman even after 9 years, Good thing tenma could see it and ran off, Really enjoying this series so far
Oct 10, 2021 4:02 PM
Sep 2015
Weakest episode so far.
Too many unnecessary flashbacks showing us that Eva is a bitch as if we didn't watch the previous episodes, no wonder this anime has 74 episodes. I hope they won't drag it like this because the story is really interesting.
Oct 11, 2021 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
After 9 years have passed I had some small hope Eva would've turned for the better but I guess she's still the same ol' bitch. Also its infuriating to see Lunge, with his impressive memory and basically already told its Johan, still acting like Tenma is the perpetrator behind all murders despite Tenma literally having perfect alibis for all of them except the Heidelberg castle one.

Oct 26, 2021 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
Why all Evas in anime turn out to be bitches? She got what she deserved.
Nov 26, 2021 12:39 PM
Nov 2020
Twists after twists after just some few episodes in!
Dec 3, 2021 10:23 PM

Aug 2020
Drunk Eva is living off daddy's money, huh. It's funny how she complains how men only want her for her money, yet Tenma was the only one that loved her, but she chose to leave him. Karma is a bitch. Also, she a snitch ass.

A time skip? I wasn't expecting him to leave his job early on and hunt down Johan. I mean, we are eight episodes out of 74. I cant wait to see what's next.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Mar 2021
Tenma crying because the sandwich was so tasty! I thought the two detectives from the previous episode would continue looking for him but I guess Johan called them off? Nice to see Ava suffering a bit then showing how much of a manipulative creature she is. Willing to defend someone she thinks murdered someone until he turned her down. It was nice to see the patients defending Tenma. No way that guy didn’t notice he had his hand in his jacket while holding a peg open with his face on it haha Good episode overall let’s see if he meets Johan again I don’t think he has what it takes to pull the trigger though.
Feb 8, 2022 4:25 PM

Jan 2021
Eva is a bitch fr hopefully everything works out for Tenma and here I was thinking that the detective guy could actually help Tenma out
May 5, 2022 7:15 AM

Feb 2021
After 9 years of countless failures with men who are there to only take advantage of her wealth Eva realizes Tenma was the only person who showed genuine care for her. She can't accept the fact that she ignored and lost that opportunity so I guess she blames him as a cover up for her own fault. I sense a good redemption arc coming for her

I don't get how just growing a beard makes him unrecognizable from his past self? You don't change physically that much in 10 years
Jul 4, 2022 1:52 PM

May 2020
Tenma's character development can't come soon enough. The smart, benevolent archetype is always a little boring. He barely has a personality in these first few episodes.
Aug 2, 2022 10:42 AM

May 2020
I mean I think the flashbacks are justified, the complexity of the past 7 episodes is something most anime fail to achieve with more than double that.
Oct 7, 2022 4:29 AM
Oct 2021
I want to see Johan more.
Oct 8, 2022 9:55 AM

Mar 2021
I think it a damn big stretch that Lunge found out the origin of the necktie... but otherwise good episode. Another timeskip!

Oct 8, 2022 4:40 PM
Nov 2021
amına koyayaım güzel bölüm işte
Oct 30, 2022 4:18 AM

May 2017
Shibunari said:

And Tenma flee? that was the perfect opportunity to talk to a police officer apparently reliable! *facepalm*

RIGHT WHAT THE F

just making himself look more suspicious

he shouldve talked to Lunge from the very beginning and worked with him; kinda lost me it took this turn
Nov 6, 2022 9:25 AM
Aug 2017
made me want to watch the next episode
Jan 4, 2023 10:34 AM

Nov 2017
Hard episode to watch. I never thought I'd be sitting down to rewatch this series ever, but its appearance has made me quickly reconsider.

I understand she's supposed to be the 'broken woman who nobody likes', and you'll call me a simp or whatever, but I can't believe he wouldn't show her a little mercy and reconsider. The story is written like he was young and never serious about her in the first place. She's a castaway character, to be dismissed at a moment's notice.

9 years is a long time to forget somebody like that. True, marriage is a contract of trust, and she broke that hideously. The fact though that he never looks back even once is unrealistic. He's unmarried, nine years, he's not getting any younger. Things like this are a game of musical chairs in a way.

I mean, I don't blame him or anything, but it's still f-d up not to at least reconsider after all this time. She's a daddy's girl with a broken heart and would have been a huge asset for his meandering, passive ways. There's strength in a wife like that.

You can't blame the heart for what it wants, but it makes me feel differently about Tenma that he doesn't even give it a moment's thought to get back with her. She was clearly destroyed by the entire thing and manipulated by her father, in truth a woman like that needs a man like Tenma to look out for her blind spots.

I mean, I get it, it's not 1945, way more options on the table...but wouldn't you be horny asf sitting around at a hospital all day while this rich woman keeps trying to seduce you? She'd have broken down my walls long before nine years with no kids and a poor, bitter drunk with nothing to live for.

This guy is hard on her. I don't blame him, but I find it hard to understand his mode of thinking here except in the most brash, chad-like, machismo way: a bitter stone is scorned forever.

He even got the director's job back, and he had feelings at the funeral. I forget if Tenma gets with Johna's sister, it seems like the perfect match, but damn, for a man as passive and peaceful as Tenma, the director's daughter should've been somewhat worth considering at that stage in life.

Oh well, what can you do? His mind is made up.
Jan 5, 2023 7:27 AM
Sep 2007
That dumb bitch... First, she bluntly breaks up with him for a petty reason, then she wants him back? Should have thought about that back then, now it's little too late, madam.
Also, her complaining about men wanting only her money sounds hypocritical, since this was exact reason she dated Tenma in the beginning.

And apparently still didn't learned her lesson, since she called the police on Tenma as he refused to go back with her. You don't always get what you want.

So Tenma not only has to catch a dangerous murderer, but also has the police chasing him. Wonder if he'll manage to prove his innocence, ot at least stop Johan before he ends up in jail.
Jan 9, 2023 6:53 AM
Oct 2019
More about Eva Heinemann. Didn't exprect that tbh.

So Tenma is in danger now...Lunge will hunt him I guess.
Jan 9, 2023 2:36 PM
May 2020
monster taught me that women aint woth shiii
Feb 1, 2023 11:49 PM

Dec 2020
THIS BITCH EVA....couldnt stand her from the start. the ending was so good cant wait to see what happens next ..more and more people are getting involved
Feb 6, 2023 4:00 AM
May 2018
thephilistine_ said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I hope that bitch Eva dies soon.

Agreed.

Watching this episode I was like, "He better brush that bitch off or I may be done".  He did.  I'm quite happy.  The show goes on.

i had the exact same reaction
Mar 26, 2023 5:01 PM

Aug 2019
Eva, ma’am, he doesn’t want you anymore.

And now she is blackmailing him? How low can you get.

I hope Eva dies tbh. Im so tired of her bs.

Tenma has acquired a Gun.
Apr 6, 2023 6:32 PM
Feb 2023
That's actually crazy where did bro get a gun
May 17, 2023 11:38 AM

Mar 2016
Eva is the kinda bitch that leaves you for something petty but is clingy when she deems it necessary for her own selfish desires to be loved.
Fuck her, what an annoying meddler, let her realize that the consequence of her belittling Tenma all those years ago can't simply just be erased by mere time and distance. She does not deserve a man such as him, she had her chance and she blew it, L.

To think that it could not get any worse, she has begun to cooperate with the detective after her second rejection from Tenma, and nooooow he must let go of his formal occupation and be on the run. of course, this is the point when he finally reunites with Johan Liebert, the former boy whom he saved from death a decade ago... Johan definitely holds a presence, even after murdering a guy in point blank, his smile shows no sympathy or regret, only the joy coming from a meeting with Tenma, his savior. 
Jun 8, 2023 6:09 PM
Apr 2020
Half this episode was stuff we've already seen and I was pretty confused when Tenma just went back to work. At least the new stuff was pretty interesting
Jun 9, 2023 12:11 AM

Dec 2022
Tenma is literally a walking w like big respect to him for what he did with Eva but at the same time i felt bad for both of them due to Tenma's current objective.

Again and again it's getting interesting.

Jun 25, 2023 2:35 AM
Jun 2021
fire content if you ask me
Jul 7, 2023 6:15 PM
Feb 2019
I fimd it hard to believe any doctor would go out of their way to kill a former patient, no matter if that patient is now a killer. It just doesnt make sense from an ethic standpoint. But I guess it gives a nice story
oof is my motto of life
Oct 15, 2023 12:37 AM

Oct 2013
>literally a recap episode
>only episode 8

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 16, 2023 2:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm very interested in Eva.
Dec 6, 2023 6:04 AM
Feb 2023
I've been sucked into this show for the last seven episodes, but this one was kind of bad. I mean, we're eight episodes in and we're showing multiple flashbacks to events from a few episodes ago. It takes up far too much time, and since the moments that are flashed back to are already so memorable, there is absolutely no need to spoon-feed the audience like this. Literally nothing new or interesting is revealed from these flashbacks, either, it's just the same scene, playing as a reminder for audience members who haven't been paying attention.

Things are also starting to feel a little repetitive with the whole dynamic of the police hunting Tenma and him going after the killer, again, so I'm hoping these frustrations will be singular to this episode and it manages to stay as engaging as it was until now. Otherwise, trust your audience, I've been watching - cut the needless, condescending flashbacks out and focus on fresh storytelling.
Jan 7, 7:12 AM

Jun 2020
I still dont understand why inspectors only really interested in Tenma and not in missing twins. I guess you dont need to be smart to be inspector
Jan 28, 10:55 AM
Jun 2022
Man , Once Spoiled Can Never Return Back To Good . Smh , Eva & That Detective Shown As Genius As One Can & Still Couldn't Stop Mc From Escaping . Makeshift Crap!
Feb 11, 7:02 AM
Apr 2014
So proud of Tenma. I really like the writing. Finally a main character that isn't a push-over with his ex relationship. But seriously. The audacity of that bitch. It's pure insanity. Just leave Tenma alone already. You broke the relationship off for shitty selfish reasons when he was at his lowest. Get help and deal with it.
Feb 19, 8:22 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Yeah, this show is badly written. In the previous episode, those 2 detectives clearly had orders from someone to capture Tenma at all costs. And now, the doctor has returned to his daily job, and those 2 detectives didn't bother to capture him? And Tenma was stupid enough to risk coming back to his job, even though he knew he'd probably get captured by those 2 detectives? Just goes to show how the overwhelming majority of anime watchers completely lack any semblance of logical thought. What a shit anime. Shows like these live and die based on how well the plot is written and how consistent the characters' actions are. Monster fails terribly on both fronts.
BigBoyAdvanceFeb 19, 8:37 AM
Feb 22, 7:55 AM

Jan 2022
Monster Episodes 6-8

The act of killing without any purpose, greed, or bitterness is the work of a devil.

Dr. Tenma's life spiraled down because of a decision he thought was right.

Even the police are in Johan's hands.

What happened to Ana?

Eva is still the same. Now, Dr. Tenma is a prime suspect for all of the murders because of her.

Poor Mr. Maurer, he did not get the chance to meet his wife again.

It seems like Dr. Tenma has already decided to end things with his own hands.

(2024-02-22 23:55)

2 hours ago
Dec 2022
Eva continues to be cringe! Tenma better!!!
Tenma resigning and he is a big murder suspect oh dear

TENMAS OUT FOR BLOOD
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

158 by wallus81 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Apr 26, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.