Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2020 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show really is getting close to the end game...

A march to Berlin and with all the prominent characters moving forward with their plan. Yup. That's not all either as the Neuroi they're facing are tough as ever. This is more than just a war if you ask me.
Dec 16, 2020 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Less focus on Miyafuji and Hatori then expected but still a great episode.
Kikari and Rall also made a appearance which was nice tho short.

Anyway now that Miyafuji and Patton are stuck they need another plan and i hope some of the other units will join the fight it would be nice to watch.
I expect Miyafuji will be doing something great again tho.
Dec 16, 2020 9:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm well I can see how they'll end it... I can't wait to see the final episode for this season, I hope it will be good
Dec 16, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
The battle to retake Berlin continues. Miyafuji and the tank team are now stuck.

I'm interested to see how they will finish things off.

Dec 16, 2020 11:55 AM
Oct 2015
Was nice to see the Hikari cameo. Wonder if next week we will see Nipa and the rest of Hikari's squad show up to help.
Dec 16, 2020 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Shizuka. She still feels guilty o what happened to Miyafuji after she made a mistake during the previous episode's battle against the Neuroi at Berlin, and seeing her break down in tears after seeing Miyafuji again was a bittersweet moment of this episode.

As a little bonus, we did get to see Hikari from the Brave Witches make her small cameo along with her commander. I doubt that she'll take part in this mission, but it would be cool if she did, though.

Either way, the main mission has gone underway with the huge anti-Neuroi tank, although the Wolf Neuroi was smart enough to cut off the tank from all outside help, save for the communications unit in the abandoned zoo building, where it was confirmed to the rest of the 501st squadron's surprise that Miyafuji was in the tank, being the reliable medic.

The final episode should be a really good one, where I think it's safe to say that Miyafuji will play another big role here once more, aside from being a medic. =)
Dec 16, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
Karmafan56 said:
Was nice to see the Hikari cameo.

The background music when Hikari showed up was the instrumental version of the Brave Witches OP (Ashita no Tsubasa). I loved the detail.

Dec 16, 2020 5:46 PM

May 2018
That Ratte tank sure is one impressive piece of equipment.
Really feel sorry for Shizuka, she's still feeling guilty for what happened.
The generals arguing and devolving into just throwing random crap at each other was hilarious.
The entire thing was a setup! Now the neuroi has the Ratte trapped. Can't wait for the next ep.

Also I love the unexpected cameo from Hikari!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 16, 2020 7:29 PM

Jul 2011
Was a great episode.
For the first time, looks like Miyafuji will win more awards than lose.
One disappointment, is all that ground forces attack and we don't see a single Land Witch in action.
Dec 16, 2020 8:47 PM

Apr 2020
If there was an underground passage into Berlin, why wasn't it used in the operation to sneak a strike team and blow up the command Neuroi?

I wonder if we'll see the Brave Witches next episode.

BlichoBoy said:
Was a great episode.
For the first time, looks like Miyafuji will win more awards than lose.
One disappointment, is all that ground forces attack and we don't see a single Land Witch in action.

There are Land Witches?

Dec 16, 2020 10:14 PM

Apr 2015
I wonder why, but i feel like they will not be able liberate Berlin. Miyafuji trapped and i wonder how they will destroy the Neuroi.
I feels like Mio probably gonna bomb the dome and then drop Shinden to Miyafuji.
Dec 17, 2020 1:13 AM
Jun 2013
The Neuroi this season are fricking insane. It's just one thing after another with them. The growth that we've seen from Neuroi from prior seasons to this one is staggering. The only issue I have with this story so far is: what is the Neuroi doing in Berlin? Yes; it walled it off and stationed the main body there, but what is it doing? Mining underground resources? Are they not looking for world domination? Why don't they just blow up Berlin instead of standing still waiting to counter attack? At one point, when the Neuroi was airborne surrounded by a big cloud, it would launch a mini-nuke to far distances. Yet, when it is standing still on Berlin, it didn't do anything until Ratte fired a shot at it.

RiceKnight59 said:
If there was an underground passage into Berlin, why wasn't it used in the operation to sneak a strike team and blow up the command Neuroi?

Tactically, that sounds dangerous especially with the Neuroi right there. This season has shown that Neuroi are not as dumb as were in prior seasons. Underground passages do not sound safe. There is limited space to maneuver and if they encounter Neuroi down there, it can be very bad. So the only strike team that can actually do well going through that passage would be witches. But they're trained for aerial assault, not land and close quarters combat with guns and avoiding/shielding incoming lasers. Mina and Sanya should be able to detect if there are Neuroi below ground but I don't know for sure. Obviously I don't know how narrow or wide the underground is; we will see next week. I doubt the anime will play out this way because that means 12 episodes isn't enough for closure. Can't rule out the possibility of it though.
Dec 17, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2014
RiceKnight59 said:

There are Land Witches?

Yes, there are land witches, which make a cameo in the previous installation. Their Striker Units resemble tanks. Their main responsibilities are land patrol and fighting on land which their main advantage from the flying witches are more firepower and more durability. Their operations time also longer than flying witches because flying consumes more magic.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 17, 2020 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
Gret episodfe. II like that thay wrote somethig new for the final this time. I just hope we won't get a Deus ex Machina with Yoshika regaining her power earlier than expected. It was reasonable in the movie but not here. Someone else finishing the core this time looks more logical.
Dec 18, 2020 2:07 AM
Nov 2019
Patton on a Ratte. Patton commanding the Ratte. That was awesome. And the line from Yeager about the Ratte "this must have been made in Karsland".

About the episode... well thinking of Miyafuji to find cover. Comes to think how a general hadn't tough of that.

I also loved to see Gundula there. I don't know how will do the rescue, but it should involve all the witches. It is the last episode and probably the last Neuroi nest. They should hit it all together.

After a lot of years the series is slowly going to the end. We will have spin-offs and such but the main story will conclude soon. In less than a week. I just hope they give it a good final.
Dec 18, 2020 7:32 AM

Oct 2008
that's a bigass twin barrel tank! and how convenient...our MC is inside it and the other girl didn't knew about it! LOLZ!
5/5.

Jan 5, 2021 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
this ep was amazing but i gotta say i really hate how they show other witches from other teams but then dont interact with each other

this is why im really hoping for like a world witches series that has all the witches in it

anyway final ep next
"one step at a time"
Jan 7, 2021 4:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kinda expect the real joint forces inter witches units. However, their commander seemed to make them attack separately. Goddammu!

Ah, right. That BW girl, surprisingly enter the screen. She was not just a back drop character. But, also served as a cameo with a few lines of her. Such a shame, she forgot the importance of Miyafuji role back there. Lmao, such a silly girl.

Anyway, the ground battles went on more than expected. Kinda expect Neuroi used some kind of a land form too. But, well, wall of type Neuroi surely already enough to troubleshoot them. So, no need to make it into an extremely difficult level. Lol.

The course of the battle was fierce. The 501 witches did their best to protect the very shiny red super tank out of its trouble from a lot of cockroaches type of Neuroi. Even Miyafuji managed to convince Jerry to helped the tank unit soldiers as a voluntary medic. What a persistent girl! The result was good. They, more importantly that tank, managed to break through the wall, and went straight-forward into the core of the 'wolf', only to get trapped later on. Goddammu!

Fortunately, they found some abandon concrete fortress, to survived for a while, until the reinforcements came from outside. Once again, the road to Berlin continued!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 12, 2021 9:27 PM

May 2012
nice brave witches cameo lol
Jun 24, 2021 7:14 AM

Feb 2020
Awesome episode. What an epic battle!

Rattle tank is HUGE.

SerafosNov 29, 2023 7:24 AM
Jul 5, 2021 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
I have to be honest, I absolutely despise Shizuka. It's been a long time since I hated a character this much. So tired of her whining and drama. I'll be glad when this show is over.... which is something I never would have expected myself to say about a new season of Strike Witches. :-/ Get Shizuka out of here and bring back Sakamoto pls.
Aug 6, 2021 10:22 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, Hikari cameo.. Wonder, what Brave Witches are doing now.. Well, they probably are busy with some other neuroi area as well, I imagine..
Oh, at map on 09:13 we see that Brave Witches actually will also participate in operation.. As well as some other Witches wings.. As well as we see them again on map on the briefing after that..
Berlin underground, huh?.. Well, quite nice to have witches from hometown, isn't it?.. ;P
Jan 3, 2022 12:05 PM

Nov 2010
Ah, the J7W Shinden. Another one of my fave from Il-2 1946. The IJN did manage to design several formidable aircraft towards the end of the war. It's too bad they never had the resources to develop and deploy em en masse.

I knew it! The P-1000 Ratte! One of Hitler's Wunderwaffe. It's so silly and impractical, but damn, it's such a sight to see had the Nazis were able to complete one in real life. I guess in this timeline, it has its use against such exotic enemies. Man, seeing it in action for the first time is giving me goosebumps. Thank you anime for this.
Nov 17, 2023 6:32 PM

Dec 2012
Get Patton a cigar. GOD DAMN!

Seeing the big tank made me think of Girls und Panzer. Hell, a crossover between that, Strike Witches & KanColle for total military domination would be amazing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2020

18 by Chaosx42616 »»
Jan 21, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Dec 23, 2020

53 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2020

23 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2020

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 17, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » Strike Witches: Road to Berlin Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2020

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 16, 2023 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.