Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Cobalt.

The beginning with Cobalt noticing his death was weird. At first I was surprised that Tezuka was basically discussing (and spoiling) a different chapter, one that won't be covered in the collection for awhile. Makes me wonder why not just save the speech for then. Guess I can't be too surprised at him changing his mind on Cobalt dying and re-working it, since Cobalt has appeared in other chapters at Astro's home before.

The chapter itself wasn't too interesting honestly. Figured Cobalt would matter more in the end, he was definitely important but I don't know, even M44 seemed to matter more than Cobalt overall, Cobalt was more plot device. It was also pretty obvious that Astro was searching for the bomb the whole time, and it felt weird that Astro couldn't just tell they were lying about just fixing Cobalt. The ending was pretty amusing, and I like Cobalt's design, how he basically has all of Astro's feature and design yet still manages to stand out from Astro. You can easily tell them apart despite having the same costume and hair cut, and I like that.
TerrestriousDec 10, 2020 3:06 PM
Nov 4, 2023 10:47 AM

Aug 2022
So that was the story of how Cobalt came to be. He didn't really play any role in previous chapters so it's nice seeing one dedicated to him. I like him so I hope that he'll return in future chapters with some bigger roles.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 1 Discussion

valoon - Mar 1, 2016

6 by hueyxo »»
Feb 7, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 68 Discussion

Terrestrious - Dec 14, 2020

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 67 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 66 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jan 13, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Atom Chapter 65 Discussion

1 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.