Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2020 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I laughed a bit this episode when Ryouma went to do his cleaning duties. The kid's got style, especially with how he uses the slimes.

Pretty chill episode and we got to see more of the other animal girls around the village.
Oct 25, 2020 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
I thought slimes were the weakest monsters but gathering like this isn't bad either. Those memories is so sad, at least Ryouma for now have some place to go home.
Oct 25, 2020 8:37 AM
Oct 2016
Definitely just cried at the end there. Ryoma finding warmth again in this new world, so heartwarming. His mom dying and causing the loneliness to feel normal, now he's got that warmth of family back in his life. This is a truly wholesome show. Miya at the beginning too was so sweet. Her joy from Ryoma cleaning up a mess that everyone else thought would be too much work. His slimes are so cute. Great little helpers cleaning up all the trash that came through the basement wall.

The bigger job of cleaning up those toilet troughs that had awful miasma in them got pretty bad. Love how everyone rallied around Ryoma and supported him cleaning it all. Bad situation but he with the slimes was the best option. Less people could get hurt that way. Ryoma worked himself to the bone for three long days to get the job done quick as possible. He did great work cleaning it all, even multiplying his slimes with all the food they got from the filth. Truly commendable. I'm glad he sees the Jamil family as his own now. He's got a great support network like he never had before.
Oct 25, 2020 9:08 AM
Sep 2015
Slime level up by eating human shit, I think this is original idea among thousands of isekai fiction.
Oct 25, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Yep, tears were shed at the end.

Ryouma worked hard to clean up the toilets. He deserves to get a big pay for that.

Oct 25, 2020 9:32 AM

Nov 2013
More slimes info dump, more brainless adults, more conversations at a table. What an exciting anime to watch.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 25, 2020 9:57 AM

Apr 2020
The last scene caught me. Family drama will always be the one that will break my heart. And damn Ryoma's past story is really heartbreaking. Her mother cared for him in his lonely life until the end. She's always there waiting for him to arrive even after her own hard day's night. And then she can no longer do more. And coming from the recent episode of Trash Taste, our MC wants to shed tears from his mother's death, but it didn't happened. And that hole in his heart was waiting to be filled in this isekai world. When an exhausted Ryoma opens the door, a whole family welcomes him back. And that is a direct hit for me, I feel him in his ugly cry. What a good episode, from the wholesome cleaning to the dramatic welcome scene. This episode is...the best so far for this series.
Oct 25, 2020 10:03 AM

Mar 2020
Is there anything Ryouma cannot do.

Slimes are overpowered. Rimuru from That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime was very powerful and now we have Ryouma with his many slimes that can do about anything.

Ryouma has quite the sad backstory but he finally found his new home.

Good episode :)

Oct 25, 2020 10:04 AM

Mar 2019
I was not ready for the feels man not cool...
Oct 25, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
Bruh I thought this anime was pretty chill and calming and then they went ahead and got me teary eyed by the end. I actually have a thing for watching dirty things become clean so I loved this episode. Show's pretty wholesome and calm on the whole, may not be for someone looking for something very entertaining, but for people wanting to have a relaxing experience through anime, this is pretty good
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 25, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2010
I'm not crying... you are crying!!

Did not see that end coming, oh boy
Oct 25, 2020 10:17 AM

Nov 2016
Quite touching moment at the end.

DannyTheDonkey said:
More slimes info dump, more brainless adults, more conversations at a table. What an exciting anime to watch.

At least this anime is offering some people comfort and thus serves a greater purpose than you, who's trying to take the piss out of this with a comment that's devoid of anything constructive.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 25, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Clean-up duty with the slimes, well that's a thing...but the jobs exhaustingly done with effort. Ryoma should be paid A HELLA LOT for having his tamed slimes to just eat shit and decompose them whilst he does the cleaning from the inside out.

The toilet-cleaning scene with Ryoma fully covered in protective clothing is like Corona in anime LOLs

From a previous life of living alone with his mom until her passing, and the new life of Reinhard's family acting like his second family, with man tears shed. OH THE FEELS.

This was a FAST episode that's perfectly paced though. My favourite episode of the bunch so far.
Oct 25, 2020 10:34 AM
Feb 2018
This week episode was so good hopefully the tamer guild will see ryoma and his slime value. I wonder if he can leave a scavengers slime in each pit as a natural waste disposal system? The do take the waste and make a fertilizer so that can help gimul become a new farming center. The scene at the end was so sad glad he has a new family in his new world
Oct 25, 2020 10:35 AM
Feb 2018
Question is the light novel as for this have an english version?

edit found both manga and light novel english version on Amazon
Paladin23Oct 27, 2020 12:48 PM
Oct 25, 2020 11:04 AM
Mar 2018
What I think is this anime is an equal to Arte last year in respect to the warmth there is in this anime and what to say it's not soo good but ok to watch and the opening is warm and today at the end it made me teary.
So I am waiting forward to what Ryoma does in the show.
Every year a warm show comes and I think that is this show this year.
Oct 25, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2011
I thought they did a super good job simplifying the story from the manga. They put quite a few chapters in just one episode but it still worked. And the emotional moment was really good.
Oct 25, 2020 11:24 AM

Mar 2019
Slimes da real heros...where can I get such slimes, need someone as well cleaning up for me.

The end was very emotional...one day we will all lose someone important to us and feeling empty afterwards....
Oct 25, 2020 11:25 AM

Sep 2019
I was trying to chill but that last scene got me.
Oct 25, 2020 11:53 AM
Feb 2020
So now we've met all the characters in the themes and at doesn't appear we'll have a time skip 😁

I can see a lot of people being put out of work with those slimes, a few for trash and maybe a handful each in the waste systems, a few tamers and it's taken care of
Was amused at the slime-headgear
BastionoOct 25, 2020 12:07 PM
Oct 25, 2020 12:06 PM
Oct 2020
it has been a long time since anything as made me cry, but the ending really got me.
Oct 25, 2020 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
So much wholesome I have to admit I teared up at the end too. Still, those King slimes started advancing the clear up nicely, very cheeky way to show power ups and so much waste he even has a few of them. Great episode and heart warming!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 25, 2020 12:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh well, Ryouma did a lot of work like his past life. Even on that world, the situations were never changed. But, he knew that the family awaited him more than he could expect until he realized his past mother. I never knew it could turned out to be these full of moral lesson. Nice work, Ryouma. You really deserved to be isekai'd to that world!

Well, as a cleaner, scavenger slimes did a lot of great works. Thanks to them a lot on these episode. Even Ryouma had more than 3 thousands pieces of slime. Damn, son! XD. Well, not just that. He was saved by a nice magic too, and that white slimes (i forget these slime name :o). Even a powerful magic like Miasma couldn't even break to his body. Sasuga, boyya!

Also, on these episode, they introduced the adventure girls from the ED. Its good to knew they better. Even though their roles just, well, helpful! At least its still a nice attempt to expand the overall characters for the worlds building.
A soothing and a bit sad kind of episode on these, really appreciated for me....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 25, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2020
God of slimes goes on janitor duty and gets a family in return

That ending surprisingly got me with the feelsies
Oct 25, 2020 1:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn didn't expect to see him crying at the end... the brown slimes are sure useful xD
Oct 25, 2020 2:05 PM
Sep 2018
Yo they really had me bawling at the end like damn x().......Hopefully my guy ruins can find the peace he’s been longing for with this new family!
Oct 25, 2020 2:51 PM

Apr 2020
Great episode. The flashback in the final few minutes hurt, but Reinhart's family handled it beautifully. Reminds me when I would come back home late after studying or from work and my mother would stay up waiting.
Oct 25, 2020 4:13 PM
Oct 2020
Well, hell... One hell of a tear jerker ending, but this is shaping up to be one of my favorites this season.
Oct 25, 2020 5:30 PM

Nov 2013
FMmatron said:

DannyTheDonkey said:

At least this anime is offering some people comfort and thus serves a greater purpose than you, who's trying to take the piss out of this with a comment that's devoid of anything constructive.

The point of the post is being honest. I do not enjoy this anime. I don’t care for any of the characters in this story, so I’m obviously biased against them. But good lord,the sob flashback scene just so generic. It has no weight, it has no bearing, and I found the losing of his mom is just a cheesy attempt to evoke empathy.

I just think it’s silly that none of the adults never does anything useful in this anime. I also never like the message in this type of anime that, in order to solve your miserably life as a working salaryman, the way to go is just got killed and being isekai'd. It just pure escapism and also could bring a bad influence to the audience. You may say it just a fiction but how many people got themselves getting obsessed over fictional story. That said the audiences could also takes the positive aspect only but who could guarantee they won't got influences from the negative aspect unconciously.

Also, I do not see myself serve greater purpose than this anime. Obviously the guys who making this anime are bunch of professional. When being negative on the show, I never attack the fans who enjoys it. I just attack the products. It just a rant that anyone could ignore and I'm just making the post here to record my opinion in case there's discussion about it in the future. About being Constructive, one man well-expressed opinion is not gonna change Japan to stop making terrible anime, even if we assume it did, for me personally I just don't care enough to make an proper analysis for something I found boring. That should be saved for series that I found interesting, more so if I liked it.

DannyTheDonkeyOct 25, 2020 5:41 PM

Oct 25, 2020 5:35 PM

Aug 2011
DannyTheDonkey said:
FMmatron said:

The point of the post is being honest. I do not enjoy this anime. I don’t care for any of the characters in this story, so I’m obviously biased against them. But good lord,the sob flashback scene just so boring. It has no weight, it has no bearing, and I found the losing of his mom is just a cheesy attempt to evoke empathy.

I just think it’s silly that none of the adult never does anything useful in this anime. I also never like the message in this type of anime that, in order to solve your miserably life as a working salaryman, the way to go is just got killed and being isekai'd. It just pure escapism and also could bring a bad influence to the audience. You may say it just a fiction but how many people got themselves getting obsessed over fictional story.

When being negative on the show, I never attack the fans who enjoys it. It just a rant that anyone could ignore and I'm just making the post here to record my opinion in case there's discussion about it in the future. About being Constructive, one man well-expressed opinion is not gonna change Japan to stop making terrible anime, even if we assume it did, for me personally I just don't care enough to make an proper analysis for something I found boring. That should be saved for series that I found interesting, more so if I liked it.

It's fine not to like an anime. But maybe by now you know you won't like the series. The manga had much more unexciting stuff, the cleaning was dragged out for much longer, and there's bound to be more of this kind of thing in future episodes. Maybe it's just not your jam.

Plus, anime is escapism, and then isekai is double escapism. I just see it as a way to quickly set up a plot. Not the best, but still not bored of it yet. Some animes can be pretty cliche tho.
WindDashOct 25, 2020 5:39 PM
Oct 25, 2020 5:37 PM

Nov 2015
That's some quality isekai content.

Love when an isekai finds its ways to be really "Self-insert" without being an otaku power fantasy. This is the true "i want to be useful, and have people counting on my skills" fantasy that i think isekai genre should sell.
Oct 25, 2020 5:46 PM

Nov 2013
WindDash said:

It's fine not to like an anime. But maybe by now you know you won't like the series. The manga had much more unexciting stuff, the cleaning was dragged out for much longer, and there's bound to be more of this kind of thing in future episodes. Maybe it's just not your jam.

Plus, anime is escapism, and then isekai is double escapism. I just see it as a way to quickly set up a plot. Not the best, but still not bored of it yet. Some animes can be pretty cliche tho.

I've been watching many bad anime for a decade so I'm getting used to it and don't see my self not to continue what I started. It's painful though sometimes.

Oct 25, 2020 5:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You can't be making me cry with this shit, god damn it ;_;

This is an Iyashikei disguised as an Isekai.
Oct 25, 2020 6:20 PM

Aug 2011
DannyTheDonkey said:
WindDash said:

I've been watching many bad anime for a decade so I'm getting used to it and don't see my self not to continue what I started. It's painful though sometimes.

I don't watch animes I don't like, I value how I feel too much :P

There's a lot of crappy animes out there. I'm glad this season has at least a few decent ones, at least enough that I feel like i have a few animes to look forward to.

Oct 25, 2020 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
Who knew a whole episode about poop and toilets could be so entertaining

That emotional ending was unexpected but damn great, I almost shed a tear
Oct 25, 2020 7:18 PM

Apr 2019
this is starting to look like my type of iyashikei anime!

Oct 25, 2020 7:37 PM

Feb 2018
I LOVED this episode! It was truly great! The last bit got me crying rivers hahaha! Such a calming and relaxing ep! <3
Oct 25, 2020 7:49 PM

Mar 2020
Slimes are still incredibly useful. And that ending was really surprising.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Oct 25, 2020 8:54 PM

Dec 2010
Such a wholesome anime indeed...

Really touching scene at the end there.
Like Ryoma said, no tears came out but I felt a big hole in my heart...
Oct 25, 2020 8:56 PM

Sep 2010
Can't believe I just watched an anime about cleaning up human waste for 20 minutes and enjoyed it the whole time.
Oct 25, 2020 10:41 PM
Aug 2016
Dukino said:
Definitely just cried at the end there. Ryoma finding warmth again in this new world, so heartwarming. His mom dying and causing the loneliness to feel normal, now he's got that warmth of family back in his life. This is a truly wholesome show. Miya at the beginning too was so sweet. Her joy from Ryoma cleaning up a mess that everyone else thought would be too much work. His slimes are so cute. Great little helpers cleaning up all the trash that came through the basement wall.

The bigger job of cleaning up those toilet troughs that had awful miasma in them got pretty bad. Love how everyone rallied around Ryoma and supported him cleaning it all. Bad situation but he with the slimes was the best option. Less people could get hurt that way. Ryoma worked himself to the bone for three long days to get the job done quick as possible. He did great work cleaning it all, even multiplying his slimes with all the food they got from the filth. Truly commendable. I'm glad he sees the Jamil family as his own now. He's got a great support network like he never had before.

likewise, i cried also bcoz also my mom died of iilness at end of 2019, now i will never taste her cooking,hear her bickering and see her doing housework at home anymore..2020 worst year ever in my life
Oct 26, 2020 12:16 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
When he shed tears at the end, I felt that. Man, I thought this episode just going to be about cleaning. I was caught off guard with the feels. Really liking this relaxing isekai.
Oct 26, 2020 12:44 AM

Aug 2019
Whenever I see shows shed light on overworking employees in Japan, I always hope it’s an over exaggeration because I couldn’t fathom working more than 40 hours a week(the standard work week in the states).
snowykevinOct 26, 2020 12:51 AM
Oct 26, 2020 1:37 AM

Oct 2016
Another good and relaxing episode, Ryoma is a really good protagonist and every character so far in this show is wholesome and really likeable.

And that scene towards the end man, let's just say tears were shed. I didn't expect it to hit that hard but, it did. That was really good.
Oct 26, 2020 2:55 AM

Jun 2019
Enjoyed this episode and it got more emotional than I expected.

There's an underlying sadness to this isekai story when we keep getting flashbacks to our MC's previous life and the hardships and losses he endured. It makes the gods decision to give him a new live understandable.

I thought it was going to be more relaxing and chill, like UchiMusume or Somali & Forest Guardian, but so far it's surprised me in a good way.
Oct 26, 2020 10:05 AM
Jan 2008
Orayon said:
I'm not crying... you are crying!!

Did not see that end coming, oh boy

You didn't? Well, I definitely did. And not just a little, even.

I mean: I knew it was coming, but that didn't protect me one-single-bit...

Honestly, I think this show may just be hand-made for older adult-men. Just a theory, but you throw in that soundtrack, the art-direction, the directing in general, and then how damn well the characters have been casted, and it feels like a show cater-made as an Achilles heel to older guys that can make 'personal sense' out of the MC's stubbornness & loneliness.

Welp, I guess there's still a bit of background to cover for our MC and why he's an unfortunate sod. That title we see - "Overcame an Unhappy Life" (Ep. 3) - was a good touch as a clue prior to covering that part of his backstory earlier than when we get the full picture.

(Damn though, I really needed tissues though. That really hit in the feels despite being the kinda guy who never feels that way, too. Gotta go let my eyes cool off now, lmao. ... Do I need to invest in a fricking box for the rest of this show? Good grief...).
Oct 26, 2020 11:34 AM

May 2015
The only things I didn't like were:

- The zero explanation as to where he got his clothes from (even a super simple explanation like "I used slime gel to do it" would have done the trick)
- How they named whatever was wrong with the poop "miasma." Even saying the poop had very bad bacteria would have made more sense.

And tiny nit pick:
- Getting so many adventurers to guard a poop-infested place is very strange. This place was said to be known to have a very bad smell and lots of poop, I fail to see why there would be anyone willing to visit it. I don't think so many guards were necessary.
SegacoOct 26, 2020 8:30 PM
Oct 27, 2020 12:41 AM
Apr 2020
Slimes are really useful in that kind of mission.

Oct 27, 2020 2:42 AM

Dec 2014
so happy for ryouma...hmm
Oct 27, 2020 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
WTH, did i really just watch almost an entire episode of a guy cleaning shitters?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2020

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2020

102 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 2:40 PM

» Jamil duchy knows about isekai protagonists. / Eliara is prophecised chosen one.

KuroudoAkabane - May 4, 2022

4 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:55 AM

» this kid is like 8. Why cant he just be a normal age

Toxic_Hollow - Feb 13, 2021

2 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 11, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko Episode 11 Discussion

Ringare - Dec 13, 2020

33 by HanamiDango »»
Jun 2, 2023 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.