Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2020 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
LaatuMakkara said:
Wait what? I thought Akito being a girl was common knowledge?

Up until the revelation at the end of Chapter 97, the series led audiences to think Akito was male throughout its run up to this point and I'll admit said revelation had more shock among the title's fanbase years ago when the series was still being published. Then again, think the remake having Maaya Sakamoto voice Akito could also be a giveaway for fans who haven't followed the manga considering Maaya's voiced androgynous and male characters in the past.
Sep 21, 2020 3:31 PM
Apr 2020
“Akito is a girl...” - Tohru...

Yeah....were we not supposed to know that O.O...? Since season 1 Akito seemed like a girl to me but...others didn’t know? Oh well...
That was a quick comment I wanted to make but tiene than that! Can’t Wiat for what’s next! Really tempted to read the manga but I will just wait for the anime :)
Sep 21, 2020 3:40 PM
Mar 2015
Finally we get the revelation that Kureno 's curse is broken and Akito is a girl We alsl learn why this event has made Akito feel abandoned We now know why she changed
landofthekwtSep 23, 2020 2:35 PM
Sep 21, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2018
I'm among those who always though that Akito was in fact a girl. I don't remember anyone ever referring to her as a man. Maybe it slipped right trough me, but I was always sure that she was a woman.

Also it's such a shame that Kureno had the coolest transformation being the only zodiac able to fly and being the first to break the curse. I would miss being able to do that.

I can't wait to the final season. I'm so glad it's been announced already. The wait is already killing me! 9/5 for me.
darkling692Sep 21, 2020 4:11 PM
Sep 21, 2020 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
Since the season started I have been waiting to see this flashback animated and it did not disappoint! :D But damn.. I really thought they were gonna keep going and reveal Miss Ren (and Akira)... Can't believe I have to wait a little more to see her in action.. :/
Sep 21, 2020 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, I was excited to see season 2 animated because Kureno is the rooster. I'm born in the rooster year. But knowing the rumors that circulated around that Kureno is kind comparing him to a male version of Tohru.
It's true Kureno is kind. But he didn't stay by Akito's side just because he was torn with regret, pity, and guilt. He is kind because he acknowledges and loves Akito, and forgives all the wrong that Akito does.

He also didn't really fit the description about those born in the rooster year being selfish and materialistic.
Sep 21, 2020 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
LaatuMakkara said:
Wait what? I thought Akito being a girl was common knowledge?

The English dub version of the original Fruits Basket anime used a male voice for Akito. So it mislead viewers in thinking Akito is a guy. Akito was also referred to as a "he". Very few people knew Akito was actually a girl. In the manga, they explained Ayame, Hatori, Shigure, and Kureno were the only zodiac members that knew her gender.
By the time the other zodiac members were born, Akito was dressed as a male. So the younger zodiac members thought Akito was a guy.
Sep 21, 2020 4:21 PM
Sep 2017
Wow, this episode was so good! All the reveals were done spectacularly, most notably Kureno not being the Rooster anymore and (of course) Akito's gender. As an anime-only this season has been a very wild ride, full of twists and turns and smiles and tears, and this last episode ended it very well. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Sep 21, 2020 4:23 PM

Dec 2016
Now it's already confirmed that Akito is a she! Meh, who ships Kureno x Akito anyway? It's definetly a NO for me -_-" Felt bad for Kureno to be bonded to a bipolar like Akito. It won't be easy to let her go and be free. Hated to see the Kureno cry and feel trapped ;_;

And it's not impossible to break the curse, which brings a light of hope. Can't wait for the curse to be broken at least for Kyo and Yuki, but breaking all the curses for the rest of the zodiac would be better!

This season was rich in emotions. Great season! Can't wait for Final Season to start :D
PurpleGirl203Sep 21, 2020 4:28 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
As a person who discovered the manga (and the old anime) almost two decades ago, I came to this thread solely for the Akito reactions. :D I *knew* there had to be people who still didn't knew that Akito was female!

Man, waiting for the final season of one of the best adaptations I've ever seen will be rough, especially since it will most likely start airing in spring, too.

No, seriously, I'm starting to think that I like it more than the manga - I mean, I love the manga, but this adaptation feels like an improved version of the manga.
Sep 21, 2020 4:30 PM
Dec 2017
Araberu said:
it was an amazing episode! they animated the kureno reveal perfectly imo! although the revealing akito is a female was kinda dumb ngl, i mean it was kinda obvious but okie dokie lol

Apparently there were still some people that were surprised by this reveal :D

I can imagine that in manga panels, the twist probably was something very unexpected, mostly for the voice tone that can't be translated into pages, yet pretty evident when you're watching an anime adaptation among other many hints that were dropped throughout the episodes.
Sep 21, 2020 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
To absolutely no one's surprise, Akito is a woman.

I don't really care for the Kureno x Arisa ship. It just came out of nowhere and feels forced to me. No offense to anyone who ships it.

It was still a good episode. It was nice to see Tohru acting as the main character again. No offense to my boy Yuki. Shigure loves to shade Kureno. I'm here for that.

I wasn't sure about this season during the Beach arc. I found that particular arc exhausting and boring. I liked everything that came afterwards. I prefer Season 1 over Season 2, but this season is still a 9/10 for me.
Sep 21, 2020 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
Zarator said:
I'm just glad I don't seem to be the only one who, after the end of this season, still doesn't feel one bit sorry about Akito.

I just hope the show doesn't expect us to and actually gives a reasonable explanation in S3 for why she's such an arse. Because right now she's firmly in the "100% unexcusable" side.

Yeah, Akito seems highly irredeemable, because if she wasn't acting like such a bitch, then perhaps the Zodiacs wouldn't need/want to abandon her.

Theories ranging from some sort of physical pain from the curse, sickness and physical weakness, the weird woman that was foreshadowed in an episode or two doing something to Akito and making her crazy in the process?
Sep 21, 2020 4:43 PM
Sep 2020
Valyrian1124 said:
Welp. Season 1 had a lot of plot progression in the first 7 episodes, and most of the rest of the season was filler. Whereas season 2 was very uneven, with episodes that were half filler, half plot. I feel like very little happened this season outside of the beach trip, the Momiji episode, and the Kureno stuff. If season 3 is just 13 episodes, then hopefully there will be a lot of plot packed into it, but if it's 25 episodes like seasons 1 and 2, then I'm guessing there will be just as much filler. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if the manga is backloaded with plot, so maybe I'm wrong.

I feel like if you had cut the filler out of the show, you could have told all of the plot up until this point in about 16-18 episodes.

Anyway, (season 2 finale) I was initially thinking that Kureno gave the rooster spirit to Akito so that Akito might fly, but it appears that the Rooster spirit is just straight up gone. Forever. Kureno lost the rooster spirit years ago, and apparently the rooster spirit hasn't manifested in any newborns within the Souma clan since then.

We still don't have a straight answer on whatt drives Akito to be an asshole, besides the stress of pretending to be someone you are not. If Kureno left Akito, I'd imagine that Akito would probably commit suicide. Who's idea was it to force their daughter to be a man in the first place, again? If you want your firstborn child to become the next clan leader, does it have to be a he? Can't go the matriarch role? If it has to be a man, then just pass the mantle onto the next most closely related heir in the family? Or someone you trust? There are hundred better ways to handle this than the crap that last Souma chose.

Such a misguided approach to this series. Fruits Basket is not a plot-driven shounen, it's character-driven. What you dismiss as "filler" is actually crucial character development, without which the story wouldn't be half as brilliant as it is. The only real filler chapter in Fruits Basket is the haunted house one.
Sep 21, 2020 5:17 PM

Jul 2012
I didn't know that Akito being a girl was such a big secret, I thought she was a girl from day one lmao

What really surprised me was Kureno's curse being broken! Didn't expect that at all.
All of Furuba's chars are so interesting to watch, like really I don't think there's anyone who's backstory I didn't enjoy watching.

So we finished season 2. Amazing ride. I gotta say tho, that I think second cour was way better than first cour.

Seeing the confirmation for next season was bittersweet... I'm happy that the confirmation was fast and we're getting it next year, but when I read "Final" that hit hard. I don't want this to end! I'm really gonna miss it!... but, at least I get to enjoy one more season next year of this fantastic series :)
Sep 21, 2020 5:39 PM

May 2020
Really great last episode. We got to learn more about Kureno and Akito's past together. We've learned about the curse and how it broke for Kureno. It shows how much he really cares for Akito. Earlier in the season Arisa mentioned how Kureno and Tohru were similar and this episode showed how selfless Kureno is, just like Tohru.

Another great season of Fruits Basket and I can't wait for the next one in 2021.
Sep 21, 2020 5:40 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Kureno already had broken his curse yet stood to live up with it. I though he'd done so to keep Akito at bay, but it was to be there for her? Hard choice there mate.

Since the final season has been announced, should I expect to see some ships find their checkpoint? Like Kureno x Arisa, Yuki X Machi, Tohru x Kyo, Mayuko x Hattori, Hatsuharu X Isuzu, Saki X Kazuma and Hiro x Kisa.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 21, 2020 5:52 PM
May 2019
Akito's a woman?! WTFF i didn't expect that ! and now we know that the curse can be broken
Great season better than the first
9/10 for me
Sep 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Nov 2008
NamelyLight said:
Valyrian1124 said:
Welp. Season 1 had a lot of plot progression in the first 7 episodes, and most of the rest of the season was filler. Whereas season 2 was very uneven, with episodes that were half filler, half plot. I feel like very little happened this season outside of the beach trip, the Momiji episode, and the Kureno stuff. If season 3 is just 13 episodes, then hopefully there will be a lot of plot packed into it, but if it's 25 episodes like seasons 1 and 2, then I'm guessing there will be just as much filler. I haven't read the manga so I don't know if the manga is backloaded with plot, so maybe I'm wrong.

I feel like if you had cut the filler out of the show, you could have told all of the plot up until this point in about 16-18 episodes.

Anyway, (season 2 finale) I was initially thinking that Kureno gave the rooster spirit to Akito so that Akito might fly, but it appears that the Rooster spirit is just straight up gone. Forever. Kureno lost the rooster spirit years ago, and apparently the rooster spirit hasn't manifested in any newborns within the Souma clan since then.

We still don't have a straight answer on whatt drives Akito to be an asshole, besides the stress of pretending to be someone you are not. If Kureno left Akito, I'd imagine that Akito would probably commit suicide. Who's idea was it to force their daughter to be a man in the first place, again? If you want your firstborn child to become the next clan leader, does it have to be a he? Can't go the matriarch role? If it has to be a man, then just pass the mantle onto the next most closely related heir in the family? Or someone you trust? There are hundred better ways to handle this than the crap that last Souma chose.

Such a misguided approach to this series. Fruits Basket is not a plot-driven shounen, it's character-driven. What you dismiss as "filler" is actually crucial character development, without which the story wouldn't be half as brilliant as it is.

I'm really glad SOMEBODY gets it.

Yeah, that first post made me eye-roll. lol

Sep 21, 2020 6:22 PM

Feb 2016
The last episode focuses on Akito and Kureno's relationship. Kureno's curse broke already but he still stays with Akito to stop her from breaking down. I had my doubts on Akito the whole time and it proved to be true.

Most of the mysteries surrounding the curse have been revealed. I can't wait to see how things will go in season 3.
Sep 21, 2020 6:25 PM

Feb 2020
I did not expect Kureno being already free from the curse, but thinking back to some moments in the past episodes, it actually makes a lot of sense. Now I wonder if the break of the curse had some impact on Akito, it seems that she started being instable and hurting the zodiac members shortly after that.

Akito being a girl could have been a big surprise, but sadly a lot of manga readers couldn't keep their mouth shut and spoiled that for me.

I don't see how her being a girl changes anything so far, but I'm guessing they're going to explain that next season
Sep 21, 2020 6:31 PM
Sep 2020
Tellatez said:

I'm so excited for season 3 because the latter half of the story has so many great moments, each episode next season will be so good.
Next season will focus more on Kyo, Tohru, and Akito.
Really? You share 2 good news. Each episode will be good having so many great moments 👏🏼 and Kyo will be focused more in the next season? Thankyou for this info. I haven't read the manga yet so I'm really looking forward to the story 😍
Sep 21, 2020 6:32 PM
Nov 2018
i watched the finale 3 hours ago, because i had online classes. ANYWAY

i think falling in love is what breaks the curse? idk still not sure cause kureno's curse broke even before he chose to be with akito. but,, did they kiss before the curse was broken?? i gasped so loud at that scene.

we see him not wanting to let go of akito, but he admits he's in love with uotani. THEY SHOULD GO AND SEE EACH OTHER!! he admits he wants to see uotani. he admits he loves her. i think it's only akito who's holding him back.

shigure also knows that kureno isn't the rooster anymore. he chose to stay silent about it.

we'll see whether he abandons akito OR goes to see uotani.

IM SO HYPE FOR THE FINAL SEASON AAAAAA
Sep 21, 2020 6:46 PM
Sep 2020
Kureno bring free from the curse was quite a shock. Who could've thought that he's staying with Akito, out of pity and because she sobbed until her body started shivering.. Even though I hate Akito for being so selfish until now, yet I felt sad while seeing A God in that state, begging someone to stay by her side, just because she no longer has the power to stop someone because of the bond that's already been broken And Akito being a female was shocking as well.
This is another reason Kureno feels obliged to be by her side, since she's a female, she's fragile, she's weak. If Akito would be a male, Kureno's thoughts might be different for sure..

I'm amazed, how Kureno is such a Soft hearted guy who's willing to leave his first love just for the sake of pitying Akito? It's really selfish of Akito to bind him to herself even when he's no longer one of a zodaic!

Now it's understandable as well, why Akito felt terrified when Yuki said "I'll change myself" in new year's party. Akito thought that he's also going to be free from the curse and saw the same look of relief and happiness that she saw in Kureno's eyes when he got free from the curse.. "Akito no longer will be able to control him" This thought made her angry and fearful since the vision of Kureno being free from the curse became fresh in that instant.

The saddening part is, KYO wasn't in this episode. Missed him & Season 2 has ended. The most favourite episodes of this season turned out to be episodes from 5 to 9. (maybe because Kyo was focused in those episodes 😅) Really waiting for the next season. Overall this episode was okay.
Sep 21, 2020 6:53 PM
Sep 2020
Emerys_ said:

Akito being a girl could have been a big surprise, but sadly a lot of manga readers couldn't keep their mouth shut and spoiled that for me.
Honestly.. That's the reason I also already knew that Akito was a female. I think many people already knew about Akito being a female. Still, the shocking part is when she cries (VERY UNLIKE OF AKITO TO CRY) and begs Kureno to stay by her side, This exposes her feminine side a lot.
Sep 21, 2020 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
Wait, so Kureno had sex with Akito? wth lol
Sep 21, 2020 6:57 PM
Sep 2020
Kougeru said:
Wait, so Kureno had sex with Akito? wth lol
hahahaha I was also shocked to know that 😂
Sep 21, 2020 6:58 PM
May 2014
This is one of the most bizarre anime for me because normally I find anime in their later seasons either stay as good as the first or get substantially weaker

However this show went from a pretty good 1st season to a masterful 2nd and one that is probably my favorite anime since Made in Abyss. The story certainly got more engaging but moreso than that, the direction, pacing, music, animation is even better than the first where its use of montage editing is so perfectly layered into telling the story that everything is so well put together that it literally goes along with the music in how it builds up into this release. Especially with the last scene in this episode leading up to the Akito reveal.

Ultimately, this season gets a 9/10 for me.
Sep 21, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2015
Valyrian1124 said:

I don't think you understand what the word filler means.

Sep 21, 2020 7:11 PM

Oct 2019
The Akito reveal was actually a very big twist in the manga.It's just a little unfortunate how the whole thing was handled in the anime. Obviously with a female va and all it's harder to conceal
BUT my biggest annoyance was the subsss! They literally avoided referring to Akito as a "he" in every possible way leaving a lot of people confused about Akito's gender in the process

Other than that very satisfied with the ep and s3 can't come soon enough...
Sep 21, 2020 7:19 PM

May 2020
Red said:
Omg so many things revealed. But wait Akito's a woman?! Ok what. No wonder Shigure sounded jealous of Kureno lol. And Kureno is no longer a zodiac too? Now we finally have a clue on how this curse can be broken. What a way to end the season.

havent they already established that she is a woman lol but i do admit a lot of character looks like a girl lol makes me feel sexually confused lol hahaha
Sep 21, 2020 7:39 PM

May 2020
nanimeanswhat said:
Yoooo I didn't expect Kureno's curse to be already broken but my mans was doing pity sex with her all along, dang.

But honestly, I haven't really been a fan of the Uo & Kureno couple. Everything just happened extremely quickly and they act like they've found the love of their lives while in reality they actually don't know shit about each other. I dunno man I don't feel it.

I don't feel the Haru & Rin couple either but that's because I don't like neither of the two.

I kinda felt sad for Akito because she's surrounded by so many people yet she's the loneliest. I wonder if her horrible attitude is also related to the curse or something... But breaking the curse also means no more cursed harem of pretty bois and gals that exists exclusively for her. Tough choice..

true they kinda forced this love between uo and kureno makes it look dumb and i dont get it as well but how can u not like haru. He actually a cool character haha
if u say tohru then i will agree hahaha
Sep 21, 2020 7:39 PM

May 2020
i fucking loved this episode, but I guess I would've enjoyed a lot more had I not been spoiled that akito was a woman... all the way back in season 1
Everytime she came in scene, I would think "yeah she a girl" and that completely destroyed some of the mystery behind akito

Skibbidy skib skib skaa
say "NO" to fanservice
Sep 21, 2020 8:19 PM

Aug 2020
I don't even know what part of the manga I read up to it's been so long but Tohru finding out Akito is a girl.. I forgot that wasn't common knowledge. Really hoping everything ends nicely next season. I guess I'll finish the manga now.

Sep 21, 2020 8:29 PM

Mar 2008
Am I supposed to feel sorry for Akito!? After all it/she has done to the other Zodiac members and Tohru. Kisa was beaten to within an inch of her life, Isuzu was emotionally tortured before being pushed out of a fucking 2nd story window landing on a rock, Yuki has been emotionally and physically tortured as well along with everyone else, Kyo is being threatened to be locked away for life, I could go on and on. I will never feel any ounce of empathy for Akito. Sorry, Not Sorry.
Sep 21, 2020 8:51 PM

Oct 2008
Kureno is so hard to convince but deep inside he is crying!
they left the last episode of S2 as super duper hanging! and made me want more! damn!
damn! it is very hard to wait for 2021!!!
5/5
8/10.

Sep 21, 2020 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
I like when Rin got angry and they made Angry Horse noises.

Damn Kureno you gotta break off that crazy BITCH Akito (Known for a while) and go to your girl Arisa.

A little bit of jealousy from Shigure in this episode as well. Possibly has a thing for Akito? Idk.

Damn man going to have to wait until Spring for the final Season. There is a lot of open ended story right now and it will take at least 24 episodes.

Shit man was a great season!

10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 21, 2020 8:59 PM
Sep 2020
SoraSenpai said:

A little bit of jealousy from Shigure in this episode as well. Possibly has a thing for Akito? Idk.

10/10
I also felt so! 👍🏼
Sep 21, 2020 9:06 PM

Sep 2007
*APPLAUDS* The way they animated Akito's "gender reveal" was just as powerful as it was in the manga (in my opinion)

For those who think it's not a shocker....idk if it's a sign of the times but when I read the source wayyyy back when it first came out (and I don't mean in English, no I first read the manga before it was licensed into English).

Akito (when I thought she was a male) seemed more" scary" to me in how manipulative she seemed towards twisting everyone's feelings and being physically abusive....Once I had found out Akito was a girl I started to question why the other zodiac members just endured her physical abuse almost no questions asked since....if they really wanted to, the older members especially could easily overpower her if they tried....same could be said about the mental abuse....which points to "something deeper going on"

I could go on/explain more....but I'll stop myself at the risk of spoiling stuff that should/will be expanded on in the final season....

IkanoSep 21, 2020 9:09 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 21, 2020 9:27 PM

Jun 2019
It seems like Akito being a female was the worst-kept secret in Fruits Basket (albeit in a show that isn't usually reliant upon twists and surprises) or possibly the whole of the anime summer season. Since I've been reading spoilerish posts pertaining to it since all the way back to last season. But whatever - I don't really bitch and complain directly about spoilers unless someone is doing it intentionally and obnoxiously as a prank or out of malice rather than just discussing among themselves. It's ultimately the price for reading anything on the internet as you can simply choose to not read it, and I make a point of not reading any forum threads on this or any other website about any series or film I haven't yet seen myself in full unless I accept the very real possibility of spoilers. You can't actively police and segregate everything off.

About Akito himself though, technically herself, I feel like (and I've felt this way ever since Akito's first appearance in season one and reading about the gender mystery/confusion/twist) I just can't not see him/her as a male or refer to them as such. And it has nothing to do with the voice per se. There are a lot of men with more feminine voices. There are a lot of women with more masculine voices. And female seiyuu playing male characters is a historical tradition in anime anyway. So Akito having a female or male seiyuu wasn't the issue. It was more about and remains about their dress, mannerisms, and entire persona. Akito is so entirely evocative of an the epitome of the domineering male - especially around other males. And it's behavior not usually seen in that exact way from females toward males and their surroundings - even in fiction. Even the most dominant, controlling, or vicious females are usually portrayed as such in a slightly different way - It's very subtle and difficult to put my finger on and describe properly.

Chiibi said:
I'm really glad SOMEBODY gets it.

Yeah, that first post made me eye-roll. lol

What I also dislike in the sentiment expressed there is the idea that because a series can condense or cut out a bunch of content, that it means it should. "Can" be shorter and such. Something being physically possible or even feasible does not inherently make it desirable and nor does it mean that is the type of story the original author, director, and creative team want to tell, nor the type of story everyone in the audience is interested in watching. If people want faster paced and shorter series, I feel like that's over 90% of the market so it isn't like there's a shortage. 9 out of 10 anime that seem to come out nowadays are friggin 12 or 13 episodes. Let people who want the longer, fuller stories experience them for once. I don't want just a bullet train of plot and resolution; it starts to make shows feel very rushed and lifeless or artificial after a while when there is no breath and life in-between.
WatchTillTandavaSep 21, 2020 9:31 PM
Sep 21, 2020 9:35 PM

Jun 2013
This season was even better than the last one, this one is a 9/10 for me. One of the best shoujo series I've ever seen in a long time. It's definitely in my top for shoujo and anime in general.

Anyway, I already know a lot of spoilers from snooping around but even though, I am still surprised by how things unfold. I love the OST in this series and how it perfectly fits with the scene plus the voice actors did a fantastic job. I'm still chuckling over the fact that Tohru and Chuntarou, Zenitsu's little sparrow companion from KNY share the same voice actress.

Man, despite hating Akito so much. Seeing her cry as a child, desperately begging Kureno not to leave her made me feel sorry for her. I will NEVER forgive her for everything she has done to Rin, Yuki, Momiji and the others but damn, I'd be lying if I said that my heart didn't break for her when she was a kid. I feel she's more likable as a child than as an adult. I have a soft spot for kids and find it difficult to hate them forever unlike I do with adults.
臭い-
Sep 21, 2020 10:02 PM

Feb 2010
One of the best shoujo series, hands down great season 9/10, loves the calm vibes.

I think people are already spoiled by Akito being a girl, Kureno as the only one who has his curse broken probably serve more as a surprise

Honestly i still have no pity whatsoever towards Akito, Kureno should just abandon her right to her face (but probably can't because she's still a kid) but just because she doesn't want to feel alone or only have this "bond" as her reason to make her life better doesn't mean you can abuse the shit out of your zodiac members, she's still a pathetic shit that deserves to get punished for what she's done.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Sep 21, 2020 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
Man... Arisa has no idea of the drama she's about to get into. God is an extremely jealous, possessive and twisted young woman and that can only mean problems for whoever tries to take her most precious person away. Let's hope nothing serious happens to her.

Quite intriguing way to conclude this awesome season, with a lot of mystery surrounding Kureno's nature and feelings towards Akito. Honestly, finding out that his curse was already broken since a long time ago really caught me off guard. So in the end, he stays with Akito mostly out of pity and loyalty to his promise of being always by her side. Personally, I don't feel there is any sentiment of love involved in that decision from his part but it's still sad to know that despite being totally free from the curse, his kindness is now the new "bond" that chains him.

Now, as for the love he feels towards Arisa, sorry but the episode didn't help me empathize with them one bit. I still don't like their pairing and to be clear, I'm not referring to the almost 10-year gap between them but to the fact of how forced their relationship looks. Not to mention I don't believe in love at first sight so seeing them acting like they have found their soulmate with only two encounters is just too much for me.

On the other hand and as for the other revelation of the episode regarding Akito being a woman all along, I sadly got spoiled about it while watching season 1 so this new piece of info didn't particularly "wow" me. The sequence that led to the revelation of her genre was still perfectly executed tho.
By the way, Akito's VA did such an amazing job during that scene with her begging young Kureno to stay. Not gonna lie, I felt kinda bad for that sobbing little girl and seeing her sudden despair made me feel even more curious about just how toxic the curse can actually be for the Zodiac God. On a side note, I'm now seriously wondering if Akito might actually die or disappear if Tohru releases every zodiac member from the curse...

Overall, it was an incredible second season. Yuki's character development was truly fantastic as well as rewarding to see and I can only wish for Kyou to receive a similar treatment in the final season. Many episodes left me feeling quite moved and the way how the drama was handled was as impeccable as in season 1.

9/10 - Easily AOTY contender and seriously considering in putting the series in my Favorites List but guess I will wait for the resolution of the story so I can give a better judgment. As for now, final season was announced for 2021 and you can bet it will be among my most anticipated anime for next year. Hopefully, with no delays in the near future.
SouthRzVaSep 22, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 21, 2020 10:12 PM
Aug 2016
It was a fitting finale episode. It was the tough to watch it as the bonds between Akito and others are based on so many emotions that it's difficult to comprehend. All of them are hurting for different reasons. So it makes it all the more interesting to know what the final season will bring to the plate.
Sep 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Dec 2018
This was a really good episode, the final season awaits.
ScepifySep 22, 2020 11:31 AM
Sep 21, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2014
Such a good season for Yuki. Well, in 3rd season I hope at least he and Machi get more screen time. Now, that Yuki already a better person, its time for Yuki to save Machi. But I know it won't be the spotlight. I'm sure the spotlight will be about Kyo, Tohru, and Akito. Since they still haven't overcome their problem.
Sep 21, 2020 11:27 PM

Aug 2017
What the!!! Kureno's curse is broken!!
And I thought Tohru knew that Akito was a girl.
Damn! This episode was amazing!

Sep 21, 2020 11:31 PM
Sep 2020
SouthRzVa said:

So in the end, he stays with Akito mostly out of pity and loyalty to his promise of being always by her side. Personally, I don't feel there is any sentiment of love involved in that decision from his part

I still don't like their pairing and to be clear, I'm not referring to the almost 10-year gap between them but to the fact of how forced their relationship looks. Not to mention I don't believe in love at first sight so seeing them acting like they have found their soulmate with only two encounters is just too much for me.

On the other hand and as for the other revelation of the episode regarding Akito being a woman all along, I sadly got spoiled about it while watching season 1 so this new piece of info didn't particularly "wow" me.

Akito's did such an amazing job during that scene with her begging young Kureno to stay. Not gonna lie, I felt kinda bad for that sobbing little girl

These points of yours, I strongly agree with them.

Just like you, I also don't believe in Love at first sight, so it seems to me very unreal for them to cry for each other like the way they're doing it..

Getting sad for Little Akito (not to mention, I hate the older one who only tortures all zodaic members) when she was begging Kureno to say with her, made me all emotional too.

And just like you, Akito being a woman didn't "wow" me too. 😂
Sep 22, 2020 12:10 AM
Dec 2019
That was a good way to finish the season. Interesting to find out the the curse can be broken, though we don't know how.

With the curse being broken for the rooster, does that mean that there is another person who is/will become the rooster now?
Sep 22, 2020 12:53 AM

Jun 2019
This show gets me so emotional and I both hate and love that.

They handled Yuki's character very well, I quickly grew more fond of him <3

The ost is so beautiful I hope they keep the same melodies in the finale. I love the piano that plays at the perfect time, so fitting to the scene. The ending song has become one of my favorites...everything was perfect.

EnchantedHeartSep 22, 2020 12:56 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2020

123 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 3:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.