Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2020 6:36 PM

Feb 2008
What a journey man. Didn't really comment weekly because... well, addicted to some other things. But I have always liked SAO as the best MMO adaptation show. Just because I am a MMO player myself, and being world first solo player like Kirito is just the endgame goal. Also, his harem.

This second season had lots of sleepy points, useless battles, and more nitpick stuff that I could mention but nonetheless, a wonderful ride of 23 episodes. Really sad that it's over, man.

Waifus in a box, emotional conversation with his parents, a very metallic headbump from Alice to Kirito... and a very bizarre ending that made me remember Darling in the FranXX.

Loved Aincrad, only liked the fairy world because of Suguha, got bored to death in GGO, and didn't understand a thing of Mother's Rosario because of how fast paced it was. Alicization first season is probably the best I have seen, probably because of the very nice animation and loud sounds, because the story is weak as always.

Gonna miss this show a lot, until Progressive comes. Maybe I will give in and read some novels.

7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Sep 19, 2020 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
bruh what the fuck SAO give me back the brief good will i gave ya from last week lol

i really don't know what to say at this point

overall outside this final season Alice was fine not great(animation quality side because they got that money) it started off really strong but as usual drops the ball by the end this time more than typical lol

6.5/7 for the whole season 5 or even less at times for this cour shit was embarrassing to watch at times but also funny so eh
Sep 19, 2020 6:43 PM

Oct 2010
easily the worst season and in regards to writing, in insult to the word "literate" all together. Amazing animation tho
Sep 19, 2020 6:56 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Welp...now we wait years until "Kirito returns" with the sequel to this ending.... IN SPACE! or with WoU advanced technology after 200 years. (GGO?)

Meanwhile, we be getting spin-off just like with SAO Alternative: GunGaleOnline.
>SAO Progressive
Sep 19, 2020 7:04 PM

Feb 2014
So SAO reaches its end in a spectacular finale. We get to see Kirirto's Dad for the first time? Alice in the box was lit XD. Her jealousy was imminent with the mention of Asuna. Though the show ended, they did hint another arc in the making. SO WE BACK AGAIN!!!
Also they announced Progressive Arc from Asuna POV in Aincrad. Hope they make those 200 years in Underworld part too.

MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

Wow so we in the Underworld now??
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 19, 2020 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
NemozaZ said:
Confuse with the finale with how Underworld have these technology in 200 years but anyways I enjoyed this season so far, there's still some point that I know even I didn't read the novel that part yet, I still know they're cut it out from the novel like final fights with Vector that's turn into bulllshit Shonen super power fights but it's still fun to watch tbh.

200 years is a long time. 2 decades ago we barely even had mobile phones. Also Earth might die in a few hundred years at the rate we're going so I hope we'll have space travel to be more accessible in that time.

Maybe I'm dreaming.
Sep 19, 2020 8:02 PM
Aug 2020
I loved how kirito and alice were playing around and all the love-tension between them. The writers played with us with the idea of kirito cheating asuna with alice. Alice not being all comfortable that Asuna join them was really funny.

Am I wrong or is this the first time we've seen Kirito's parents? That was weird. Also, the space stuff gave me the last 4 eps darling in the franxx vibes. This is not one of my favorite shows, but definetely gonna miss it.

Sep 19, 2020 8:04 PM
Jan 2020
Yea no the second half of this series went all down hill.... 4/10 Like come on they threw space ships ad space monster... Then Kirito and asuna and ALice still have god powers beats space monster.... With a sword when everyone else uses spaceships
Sep 19, 2020 8:07 PM

Aug 2020
The ending is not that satisfying, but still okay.. personally i annoyed with spacecraft or robotic action in SAO, you know, the title said that itself "SWORD" so i just can't get it. Enough for Kirito battling all the gunner and shooter with a sword (but i still enjoyed it tho)

The only thing i hyped on this episode is at the end, new sequel confirmed!

i can say that 1st season was my favorite arc! yet it will be remaked with slower pace and progressive plot! hope it will be worth it waiting for another year..

But someone (maybe from LN reader) can give me a clue, if the plot and pace have further details, then how many episodes will this series cover?

I mean, 1st Season of SAO in Aincrad cover about 12 episode, with all those time skip and quick pace, then how about this series?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2020 8:33 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Not sure what confused me more, Kirito leaving his phone on the desk when heading out or Alice wrapping herself in a package and really delivering herself.nice tape job to whoever did it though...it was a clean tear
Ngl, her arm slipping out like that is definitely going to give me nightmares.

Ever so subtly, Kirito claims the best girl title is reserved to Asuna though as he invites her to go back with them. that tsun-- I mean true professionalism Alice exudes though haha
When you realize the two knight apprentices are now 200 years old... I wonder if they saw Asuna and Kirito return to the real world or if they assumed he had passed on (haven't read the manga if it's in there.) Additionally I wonder, if Asuna and Kirito were the causes for the rapid modernization as they could introduce Japan's current history and also understanding of tech to help out.

This episode was definitely a soft finale, but it still made my eyes well up. How is it already the end?
It's been a wild journey... and we won't see Alice for awhile.
MahdeenSkyYT said:
Easter egg

Interestingly enough, the ip shown, is a real thing.

This is what it redirects to

This easter egg made me start bawling. So many references to him....can they just find a way to release recollection him as his sword into the real world?
Sep 19, 2020 8:41 PM

Dec 2010
So much TsuguxKayanon ship that happened this episode...
Sep 19, 2020 8:55 PM

May 2012
Well its SAO. What were you guys expecting from this episode? You've gotten this far in the series, aren't you used to the deux ex machina plot armor and Gary Stu and Mary Su and their sidekick Alice pulling $#@& out of their asses to kill some alien scum in outer space?

5/10 overall
And yes I will probably watch the next season, that's how degenerate I've become.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 19, 2020 9:12 PM
Jul 2020
This is the first seasonal anime that I can talk about my opinions on MAL as it finish.

Aside from some plot holes and flaws,I really enjoy the Alicization arc.
Especially War of The Underworld.

I never got such an excitement for every week since The Forth Shinobi War arc of Naruto.And this is not even the end of SAO franchise.
Sep 19, 2020 9:36 PM

Aug 2017
10/10

Perfecto animu, Kirito is coming back to normal life, Alicu mails herself in a UPS box to Kiritos. Asuna is best waifu, Alicu is a live fleshlight.
Kirito and Asuna and Alicu go back into the Unworld and help Tiese And Ronnie's descendants fight the Abyssal Horror from Hollow Fragment.
On the other hand in the Under has progressed form a medieval to modern to interstellar civilization in ~220 years of extremes time dilation and Kiritos/Asunas technical expertise.
Kayaba and Star King Uploaded themselves into the interwebs via an undersea fiber channel.

Now watch the delicious tears of autistic screeching from SAO haters.
Sep 19, 2020 9:41 PM
Jul 2019
What the hell was that?! How do you go from classic RPG setting to goddamn space battles?! Mankind is not that smart to create spacecrafts in 200 years. Reki took the whole ...IN SPACE! thing literally. Bullshit till the end.

I enjoyed the first half of Alicization. It's the best SAO season imo. The only thing consistent about SAO is its inconsistency. If you create something good, next one is guaranteed a bad one.

4/10. Easily the worst season of SAO. What was the thought process of the director, to make something abysmal? The only thing I got out of WoU is great animation and ANIMA by ReoNa.

IP address easter egg is a good touch though.
Sep 19, 2020 9:47 PM
Sep 2020
Okay.. So Alicization project has finally come to an end.. Surprisingly I'm not sad even when it's ending, maybe because i missed Eugeo the whole time and I wasn't enjoying any episode after Kirito woke up (I wasn't enjoying ever since season 1 of War of underworld has been ended) I think season 1 was better than season 2. Still, I'm glad, Eugeo wasn't forgotten till the end ❤️

Alice needed the comforting, since she had gone through so much after getting out of the Central cathedral. Kirito is always so comforting, whenever someone needs him. He has a very manly side, that pops up during such moments 😅 and I'm kind of reminded of season 1's Kirito again, who was willing to die For Asuna while fighting Akihiko Kayaba 😍 hahaha such a nostalgia❤️

They didn't make an episode of how Kirito & Asuna spent 200 years together, why didn't they explain such an important thing?
When Asuna didn't leave Kirito after his fight With Gabriel, I wanted to see their love again, in those 200 years.. My heart skipped a beat, when she didn't leave him alone. I was expecting to see their chemistry again, but they didn't show anything 🙄 it's frustrating..

Also, I'm kind of disappointed with how Everyone (Leafa, Sinon, Klien etc) did so much to save Underworld, yet they weren't thanked properly. They waited for Kirito so much, I wanted to see everyone with Kirito and Asuna together again. Season 2 of Alicization could end with everyone being involved.. But it didn't..

Alice getting jealous With Asuna over Kirito was also a good scene but it wasn't continued either.. I always get sad thinking how Alice never came to know about how Eugeo deeply felt for her.. He died before telling her. Whenever she feels love for Kirito, I kind of get sad...

So many disappointments 😅
Still, I'm glad I was able to see Sword Art Online Alicization. ❤️
Misbah_shahSep 19, 2020 11:35 PM
Sep 19, 2020 9:56 PM

Jan 2017
Alice my love I love you

I was so confused why they were in space klasjdlka

Ok episode I guess. Absolutely loved the easter egg.
lovetwoyouSep 19, 2020 10:02 PM
Sep 19, 2020 10:06 PM
Dec 2019
SAO STAR WARS

btw, was that Eugeo's light cube?
Sep 19, 2020 10:46 PM
Jan 2019
Misbah_shah said:

Also, I'm kind of disappointed with how Everyone (Leafa, Sinon, Klien etc) did so much to save Underworld, yet they weren't thanked properly. They waited for Kirito so much, I wanted to see everyone with Kirito and Asuna together again. Season 2 of Alicization could end with everyone being involved.. But it didn't..

Kirito And Asuna did thank them properly. But that whole ALO scene was cut in the anime.
Sep 19, 2020 11:07 PM
Sep 2020
Sora_1303 said:
Misbah_shah said:

Kirito And Asuna did thank them properly. But that whole ALO scene was cut in the anime.
I think you must've seen that one in the manga. Since I'm only watching anime, I felt something was missing.
Sep 19, 2020 11:11 PM

Nov 2016
Really great season whole War of Underworld moved anime to a completely different level of quality, also the feeling has been made much more serious/bloody. Great battles, music and story. Maybe I was missing their reunion after they got back to real world (their traditional party like after each SAO arc). After bad alicization season, these 2 seasons of War of Underworld were again great SAO serie. It was worth to wait another months after delay for this season :). 10/10 for me. I liked 1st War of Underworld slightly more but both were great. But hope they won't adapt that world seen in the last secs because it would degrade my overall enjoyment from SAO serie. GGO was limit of technology level for me to watch and enjoy.
Sep 19, 2020 11:13 PM
Dec 2013
Uruz7Laevatein said:
10/10

Perfecto animu, Kirito is coming back to normal life, Alicu mails herself in a UPS box to Kiritos. Asuna is best waifu, Alicu is a live fleshlight.
Kirito and Asuna and Alicu go back into the Unworld and help Tiese And Ronnie's descendants fight the Abyssal Horror from Hollow Fragment.
On the other hand in the Under has progressed form a medieval to modern to interstellar civilization in ~220 years of extremes time dilation and Kiritos/Asunas technical expertise.
Kayaba and Star King Uploaded themselves into the interwebs via an undersea fiber channel.

living in ignorance is truly a blessing.
Sep 19, 2020 11:17 PM
Jan 2019
Misbah_shah said:
Sora_1303 said:

I think you must've seen that one in the manga. Since I'm only watching anime, I felt something was missing.

I don't know how many times I said this now but SAO IS NOT BASED ON A MANGA. IT'S BASED ON A LIGHT NOVEL SERIES

And Yes. That scene was in the LN but the anime didn't include it.
Sep 19, 2020 11:28 PM
Sep 2020
Sora_1303 said:
Misbah_shah said:

I don't know how many times I said this now but SAO IS NOT BASED ON A MANGA. IT'S BASED ON A LIGHT NOVEL SERIES

hahaha I got to know it from you for the first time, its not that you told me so many times. Sorry if it bothers you & thanks for this info. I didn't know that this series is from a novel, not manga.
It proves that Original sources are always detailed, Whether it's manga or a novel.
Sep 19, 2020 11:41 PM

Aug 2017
Alice's fan-service wasn't necessary at all but well, this is SAO after all.

I thought Kirito was elder but damn he's still a high school student wtf!!

And what was with that when they went back to underworld!!?? They left us with more questions. Were they Tiese and Ronye or their descendants??

And that ending, they pulled an Avengers move on us all XDXD!!

Sep 19, 2020 11:47 PM
Jan 2019
Misbah_shah said:
Sora_1303 said:

hahaha I got to know it from you for the first time, its not that you told me so many times. Sorry if it bothers you & thanks for this info. I didn't know that this series is from a novel, not manga.
It proves that Original sources are always detailed, Whether it's manga or a novel.

It's all good. It didn't bother me that much but I've said that to so many times in the past couple of days. And just So you know the upcoming SAO Progressive anime is also based on a Light Novel series and not the manga. Especially the Manga for SAO Progressive is like a fan-written parody of the Original SAO Progressive LN series.
Sep 19, 2020 11:48 PM

Sep 2019
Another ss of SAO ended.

First is swords, then magic, followed by guns, back to swords with magical elements, and now it turns to spaceship wars...

Ah, I missed SAO ss1 arc 1 so much...
Sep 19, 2020 11:56 PM
Jan 2019
What a Journey. From Alicization Begining back in 2018 to Alicization Lasting it's been a thrilling ride.

This tale ends here. The full story has been told.
But Kirito and Asuna and Leafa and Sinon and others will join Alice in the battle beyond this point. When next they gather, swords in hand, it will be for the final, greatest battle of all : the Inter - Intelligence War .

But as of this moment, all possibilities are merely bobbing along in flux , flickering beyond a field of fluctuating light.

From the beginning to the end, I enjoyed this season so much. It had its up and downs but overall the story was great. The animation was mesmerizing and the OST was amazing. I liked the first half of Alicization better than the second half because it introduced me to a whole new world full of mystery and possibility. But that doesn't mean that I didn't like the second half too. The Knightmare scene especially shows how much Kiritos Character developed throughout the entire Alicization story. But as a Light Novel reader, I was disappointed at some points of the anime, I was disappointed at how they adapted the LN story into anime form. The lack of inner monologues affected the story and the anime cut some elements which were essential to the story. And sometimes the watered-down explanations cause more questions than answers. But overall it was a solid adaptation.

The entire Alicization arc was 9.5/10 for me. ( I say this considering the original story of the LN series and how it was told in the Light novel and in the anime. If I only consider the anime It's a solid 8/10 for me because I found The story and the how it was told in the LN was far superior and the anime adaptation didn't quite capture it properly.)
Sora_1303Sep 20, 2020 12:15 AM
Sep 20, 2020 1:00 AM

Jun 2019
YEAA TIME FOR SOME SPACE ART ONLINE
Sep 20, 2020 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
So weird ... the spaceships at the end. Well ... 1 more episode. Let's just hope the next arc won't bring more of these spaceships ha ha.

(Worst setting so far. I liked the shooter game in season 2 but space theme is very bad.)
Sep 20, 2020 1:34 AM

Mar 2018
I thought I was watching SAO but it was Star Wars all along. Jedi Kirito when?

This season really is a mess and anything goes.

Sep 20, 2020 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
First season was way better. At this point genuinely wish Asuna and all of Kiritos friends would have just gotten killed off at some point. This series' biggest downfall is the baggage from all the awful writing and characters from the previous arcs. I'm so fed up with Mary Stu and Co and their friendship is magic asspulls and their throwaway lines totally pissing on the the actually well written characters like Alice and Eugeo and the suffering they went through. From the start, Kirito should have gone into Underworld with no memories and started from "birth" there along Alice and Eugeo, and lived a whole lifetime of struggle there, and then reckon with all these other people from his past and make a choice in the end. I remember physically groaning when Asuna said she was going to dive into underworld. Go kick rocks bitch. Alicization S1 is genuinly a 10/10 if it was standalone. And the whole starwars shit at the end. Fuck. Off. Now we return to our scheduled programming of "And then, and then, and then, and then" style writing. A broken clock is right twice a day I guess.
SurgetSep 20, 2020 1:55 AM
Sep 20, 2020 3:02 AM

Nov 2014
Well, that's a lot of Alice's in this final episode, hoping to see more KiriSuna tho :( haha.... that was fine actually. the package and the kendo practice were quite funny, quite missing another funny jelly scene, Asuna came when Alice was hugging Kirito XD.

Kirito justified his future once again to his family that he want to change his career path from Studying abroad into keep studying and Graduate in Japan, as he want to maintain and watch over Underworld (working on Rath), even his family know he called black swordsman haha..

The IP address references on the real IP's was really good. I'm really touched with the picture of those Rulid's trio in my browser.

I really loved how Kirito ask Asuna to accompanied him and Alice when they get back to thepost 200 years Underworld..after all they are the Star King and Queen :3, and lil jealousy in Alice... KiriSuna FTW yeaay.. XD

the post 200 Underworld was totally different,especially when they sentu into a coordinate that placed themselves in the space outside the Planet where Underworld was.Somehow they meet and beat a sorta space mosnter ?.. i guess haha and meeting 2 airship pilot who clearly descendants of Ronye and Tiese. I wonder what Higa's & co been doing according to massive changes in Underworld itself. It coiuld be related to Star King & Queen reigning too i supposed.. since both of them (Kirito&Asuna) really knowledgeable on building fast civilization.

phew...what a journey.. and a wonderful Ride... 47 episodes for this whole Alicization adaptation ( if recaps are not included). Been fan since the 1st release, I'm really satisfied with every of it's adaptation. Even though, i'm hoping for more completeness based on the source(LN) itself, but i think it quite difficult the fit all and every point of LN story properly into 12/ 24 adaotation, knowing they really to becareful to maintatin the pace and story intervals between the Episode itself.
especially with Alicization that took over 10 vol of LN (not including 3 Vol of Moon Cradle) even with 47 episodes, i think it still missing a few important part from the source itself. Still, i think the adaptation getting better and better since the 1st one. Especially in the term of completeness toward the source.

As usual SAO st/music never ceased to amazed me, all the OP, ED, BGM, sound effect. and for the Alicization itself i liked how they changed a little bit detail in the OP/ED sequence regarding to the story. As for the OP sequence, i liked how they modified a lil bit when the story in the adaptation reaching corresponding Alicization arc( Alicization Beginning - Alicization Unlasting).

It seem, they won't directly adapted next LN arc for the 4th season (either Moon Cradle/ Unital Ring). Instead they surprisingly adapted Progressive. i think that was good choice as we know progressive retelling/reboot the 1st arc Aincrad with more deepen approach on each floor instead of timeskipping like in the first LN volume itself. As a fan of KiriSuna and Aincrad arc personally i'm really happy they adapted the Progressive 1st since i just barely read the few begining chapters of the manga. Therefore we can ee their moments together and their adventure precisely at each floor.Beside think i think it quite good for Anime viewer who got confused with what fully happened in the 1st arc/adaptation(knowing the pace and some flaws in it).

As one of my best favorite franchise and one who strongly engrossed me in this culture.I'm really glad the Studio planned to adapt entire SAO franchise, I hope I won't need to wait for long to watch the next season (Progressive).. and I hope I got time in my life to watch entire SAO adaptation.. hahaha.....

Thank you Kawahara-sensei & team ,A-1 studos & team, VA's, and lot more others on making this. Definitely 10/10 for me :)

Sep 20, 2020 3:21 AM
Sep 2008
There's something that I don't understand, why in every season they pulled from their sleeves X amount of lame and without sense justifications to make Kirito more powerful but not a single one to revive Eugeo, this is why SAO frustates me Kirito must have all the waifus and all the powers for himself and for me because the author didn't dare to do something that really felt original this season felt like a complete dissapointment.

It would be better if they changed the title to Kirito Online since it is always and will alway be about kirito as if he was the center of the universe.
CesarMagnanSep 20, 2020 8:12 AM
Sep 20, 2020 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
I mean, decent ending for the Alicization arc. Really liked the start of the arc, but as it went on it became rather dull. Didn't like Eugeo at all and it was only annoying watching him all the time ...

The final fights were just completely random, Kirito pulling off whatever he wants, don't even think it should be even questioned.

So it is still not the end, i would rather want it to end, but fans obv want more and A-1 sellis whatever under SAO name like crazy. Well, the animation is great, can't deny.

So there's Progressive adaptation coming up. Was reading manga and enjoyed it quite a lot. But don't really know if will be watching.

7/10 overall
Sep 20, 2020 6:32 AM

Nov 2017
The part in space is WTF but there is surely some information about it.

In any case, the Alicization arc is clearly the most successful and therefore my favorite arc in Sword Art Online! <3 I can't wait for the Progressive reboot!
Sep 20, 2020 7:07 AM

Jan 2020
I have mixed feelings about this season. The beginning of this part was fire and the animation was dope af but it kinda went downhill when he defeated Gabriel so fast when the latter was really hyped up. After that it was just ??? to me.

The outer space part????? And of course, once again like in GGO, Kirito will compete with swords.
Also, how the hell did the two girls know who Kirito, Asuna, Alice AND Eugeo were?

Overall, really good Arc: 8/10
GuiltenaSep 20, 2020 7:10 AM
Sep 20, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
This Underworld war had it's ups and downs. But overall it was pretty satisfying. I hope we hear from 200+ year old, computer copy Kirito again.
Sep 20, 2020 7:48 AM

Sep 2019
I was never the biggest fan of Sword Art Online and I found War of the Underworld part 1 was bad. Part 2 was... okay... 5/10 for me.
Sep 20, 2020 7:59 AM

Aug 2017
Ii had fun watching this SAO season and am sure will wait until Kirito returns.

Sep 20, 2020 8:20 AM

Apr 2014
Any novel readers? I was just wondering if the last volume of Alicization also ended in this space battle or not. I haven't read that far into the novels but isnt Unital Ring after Alciziation?
Sep 20, 2020 8:36 AM

Sep 2017
2 years of fun ride, its finally comes to an end. bye Alicization

6/10

looking forward to the reboot and unitial ring
Sep 20, 2020 8:38 AM
Feb 2015
Accelis_ said:
The quality of this season was terrible. I don't know how to say but it could have been a better season.
And, I didn't really like Alice's character, she wasn't a very realistic character, to be honest.
Overall the animation wasn't clear for aiming. 4/10

Animation was the only one good thing here probably.
I didn't want to watch a crap ending like this... Space... Really?
It was one of the worse ending i ever saw in anime tbh, i think a whole Alicization was a mistake, maybe except first season, first season was like "meh, ok", but war of underwolrd is bad.
I would like to see more develop main characters, main story that went from SAO through GGO and as i said, i can understand first season of Alice, but they made a bad things for WoU and they're going more into bad story and bad develop.
Don't like it, i gave it 5 because it's still SAO, but since the next season i will be more serious about that.
Sep 20, 2020 8:43 AM
日野森雫

Apr 2019
The ending was kinda stupid imo, and not much really important happened i mean wth was that ending? leaving it off with a semi-hiatus? oh well, thats sao for yall. as for the animation, it was amazing, probably the best thing out of all of it. some of the scenes in this episode was useless, and alice in a box was hella weird xD

would give it a six at most ngl. it was a fun ride of alicization, and we thank A-1 Pictures for their work. :)

✧ forum set by the amazing, yashika-chwan <3 ✧
Sep 20, 2020 8:51 AM

May 2018
So, basically Alice an AI android that feels love for Kirito , literally mailed herself to him, Kirito say's she's her hope That was kinda a 2 timing thing cu'z Asuna should be his hope since she did spend an additional 200 years in that STL thing , they were married in SAO, they're in a relationship, she should be Kirito's hope and not that AI android that doesn't have a pussy and won't grow old................TBFH, They're really pushing Asuna way back, thus IMAO, this ep was just too unfair to say the least.

So, Kirito wants to pursue a degree in Electrical Engineering and wants to continue working for the Oceanic Resource Exploration and Research Institute or Rath....in other words he like to continue being a slacker living in that make believe world called "Underworld"... but wait, shouldn't Kirito instead pursue a degree in Computer Engineering with specialization in software and AI design???? Ya know if I were Kirito's dad, I'd probably punch him in the face ask him to get outta the house and call him a "LOSER" for wanting to live in that virtual world called "Underworld" and as for Alice I'd probably hose her with water so that way she'll short circuit and that's the end of Alice
Sep 20, 2020 9:50 AM
Jan 2019
allenjke said:

So there's Progressive adaptation coming up. Was reading manga and enjoyed it quite a lot. But don't really know if will be watching.

SAO Progressive is based on a Light novel series. The Manga for SAO Progressive is like a fan-written parody of the Original SAO Progressive LN series.

Sep 20, 2020 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
This episode is the equivalent of a 10-year-old writing a story.

Honestly, this season felt like one big boss rush, most of the things left unexplained.

I loved the first half of Alicization, but War Of Underworld was kind of underwhelming after all the hype.

Sorry, but this gets a 2/10 from me. Bonus +1 for the pretty effects.
Sep 20, 2020 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
kinda cute ending
the thing with outer space was a little weird, though a little logical too I guess
so I was left with the question - is there no more SAO?
Sep 20, 2020 10:41 AM

Dec 2015
Alicization was a slow path to a disaster. The first Season introduced us to the new inferior staff, with much simpler character design (I hope that doesn't happen with MAPPA in SNK Final Season) and a terrible sound design (sometimes it reminds me of some OPM S2 sound effects). Not only that, but the story was filled with long, boring and unnecessary exposition dialogues. No matter if it was from the real life military subplot, random loli with glasses, or the administrator, those talks were the lowest point of the first entry. But it had its good moments, like the first couple of episodes and Kirito and Eugeo climbing the tower in the middle of the series.

But War of Underworld was a mess. It throws so many subplots without getting in depth in any of them, and a lot of scenes in thoses moments somehow wanted the viewer to feel something about what was happening. Let's also not forget about the over amount of ass pull, forced rape fanservice (in both seasons), plot armor that surpass Kirito surviving in the end of Aincrad and an over amount scenes about Kirito's harem girls simping for him.

If Ordinal Scale was the entry that actually used the good elements from Aincrad and gave SAO a chance to get back on it's feet, Alicization destroyed any chance of the series achieving that, embracing the mistakes of previous seasons to create an arc around them. As someone who defended SAO, claiming first season isn't bad, Alicization deserves every little bit of negative claim most of people give to this series.

Alicization - 5/10
War of Underworld - 4/10
War of Underworld S2 - 3/10

I still don't know if I'll watch Progressive. Maybe it's their only alternative of creating something with dignity, but I definitely don't want to watch anything SAO for a while.
BetterTasteSep 20, 2020 10:50 AM
Sep 20, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
Adorelis said:
Uruz7Laevatein said:
10/10

living in ignorance is truly a blessing.

ahh I see the delicious tears of snowflakes ermm I meant SAO haters
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

209 by razisgosu »»
Jan 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2020

154 by White_Alice »»
Jan 12, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Aug 29, 2020

261 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.