Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2020 9:57 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty sure this episode was peak Oregairu
Sep 17, 2020 10:00 PM

Oct 2017
Animdev said:
MegamiRem said:
Yeah I swear it's just sweat and not tears.

Damn just one final episode to go.
MegamiRem said:
Yeah I swear it's just sweat and not tears.

Damn just one final episode to go.

"2 episodes to go"
Nah, only one more episode left.
Sep 17, 2020 10:32 PM

Jan 2020
I knew it was going to happen from the beginning, but I cried nonetheless. Not that I hate Yukino, rather, I really, really love her, but seeing Yui suffer like this makes me really sad.

Hachiman and Yukino's interaction in the end was easily the best part of the episode, though. I've never witnessed a confession more vague than theirs, but I've never witnessed a confession more beautiful than theirs, either.

Probably the best episode so far. I hope that the last episode is going to be even better.
Sep 17, 2020 10:33 PM
Jun 2020
I see, most of the Yuifags are in denial, calling the episode a mistake and such, and best girl Yui lost, I love the minorities denial, well, 80% of Yui fans are from anime, and still is lower than Yukino anime fans, and this is without counting the readers who are 90% Yukino fans. Man, I love when people are in denial so much!!!!
Sep 17, 2020 11:09 PM

May 2015
A_G_N said:
I see, most of the Yuifags are in denial, calling the episode a mistake and such, and best girl Yui lost, I love the minorities denial, well, 80% of Yui fans are from anime, and still is lower than Yukino anime fans, and this is without counting the readers who are 90% Yukino fans. Man, I love when people are in denial so much!!!!

Pretty much no one in this thread is doing that, and you Yukino simps have been crying for like two months straight, but go off I guess.

Sep 17, 2020 11:12 PM
May 2020
Yukino is indeed the best girl. It was decided from the start and he was the main protagonist
Sep 17, 2020 11:23 PM
Jul 2020
Now I can die in peace. I have no regrets.....
May Almighty bless these two souls! 😭
Sep 17, 2020 11:26 PM
Aug 2015
bruhhhhhhhhhh the last scene got me hyped so bad when yukino goes in for the kill got me standing up sweatin so bad. i was happy yet a lil bit sad for yui tho. but still this gotta to be the best episode of the season a lil bit sad that its ending next week but im just so hyped for whats to come next..... damn bruh yukino pouring her feeling and ask for hiki's life was so amazing how they did it..... for me this episode a 10/10
Sep 17, 2020 11:26 PM
Nov 2015
The whole fake prom conversation was basically a reference of yukinon having 8man as a significant other, Since 8man doesn't have good future prospect just like the fake prom. 8man basically informed yukimom and yukinee that he wants to go out with yukinon, I'm glad that yukimom wasn't that much against it and let yukinon decide.
Sep 17, 2020 11:38 PM
Feb 2016
Fuckin finally worth goin through all the tiresome drama for this cute as heck confession. Aaaahhhh i cant take it my hearts melting. And in this episode, sensei what a best sensei. Where she at during my high school years. Damnn. And in the early part, we can hear yui shatter to pieces lmao. “You dont have to wait anymore” holy shit 8-man, you kill her dude
Sep 17, 2020 11:48 PM

Oct 2012
Yo that hurt to watch =/
Sep 17, 2020 11:50 PM
Apr 2020
Gave me chills. That bridge scene just conveyed so many emotions. It really puts into perspective how difficult it is to proclaim your love to a person. The bridge scene was just... words cant convey the emotions I felt. Amazing ep
Sep 17, 2020 11:57 PM

Jan 2014
I can't even begin to type. This was by far THE MOST genuine episode yet. We'll go part by part cause I was freaking out the entire time with some sweat under my eyes. Maybe they were tears idk.

Hiratsuka knew exactly what was going on and that they were being antagonized by Haruno. She knew just how to get through to Hachiman and it was the needed advice to get him going and achieve what he truly wants, something real. Hachiman was talking about how he will END his youth. He ended it by growing up and admitting his true feelings to every single party involved. I think it's important to note that Hachiman sees the three of them as a "love triangle" too. There's an old saying where you shouldn't date within your circle because it can lead to complications. This anime proves that.

That last part leads into the Yui bench conversation. First of all, Hachiman straight up admitted to Yui that he wants to "stay associated with Yukino." That's as cold and hard as a truth can get to "reject" someone. HOWEVER, I found it really sweet and shocking, even Yui was surprised, when Hachiman said that Yui will not have to wait for the day where he can express his true feelings. I believe that was simply saying that he was already genuine with her and sees her as someone special to him, a friend. It hurts to hear that coming from someone you love, but Yui saw it coming and no amount of preparing will prepare you for that. I'm glad Gahamama is very comforting to her daughter. It was a bittersweet scene from start to finish. It's important to also note that Yui's wish was to have it all and when she explained it to Hachiman, "where you and Yukinon are, I want to be there too," she was already conceding the race to Yukino but was still wanting to be friends with them both. You can even see this in the part where she told Hachiman that his main issue is that he doesn't try to communicate when Hachiman was talking about not wanting to leave Yukino. Yui is helping out her best friend, Yukino, get the man that she loves. That is so bittersweet, but Yui is such a nice girl. She'll come across her happy ending too and they'll all still remain friends and she'll learn to move on.

The Iroha investigation scene was hilarious. I especially enjoyed that scene where Zaimokuza mocked Iroha and she "tch" them to the point they all got terrified lmao.

Then the whole "prom" debacle Hachiman was trying to achieve was another roundabout way to get him and Yukino together cause they both suck at socializing. I really love the fact that that scene was basically an informal "meet the family" scene and Yukimama is not an idiot. She knew EXACTLY what was going on, hence the stare that Yukino was waiting for. The stare of "this is your choice, see it through." That was a huge stepping stone for Yukino since it seems like Yukimama is finally acknowledging Yukino's achievements and choices. Even Haruno played Hachiman's game. "Do you really understand what it means to get involved in our family matters?" "I understand...If I can take responsibility for that stuff, too, then I intend to do that." Hachiman literally said "I am willing to be a part of your family." Yukino was surprised to hear that coming from Hachiman. I think everyone in that room understood what was going on, even Hiratsuka-sensei, except for Yukino, which leads us to the possibly iconic bridge scene.

Oh man. This scene was the culmination of all the events and situations, and heartbreaks that they all had. Hachiman finally admitting the truth and telling it how it is. First off, Hachiman roping Yukino's family was something neither of them expected and kinda scared both them equally lol. Anyways, Hachiman started to create his lead in about his feelings and Yukino got upset cause she thought he didn't upheld his part of the deal but Yui literally helped out EVERYONE. When Yui said she was selfish a few episodes back, goodness she is SELFLESS. Moving on, Yukino was saying that she can maintain a regular "friendship" even if Hachiman can't so Yukino STILL isn't being honest with herself. Hachiman called her out on her BS and she storms out. This is a SUPER important part because, as Hachiman later says, if he lets her go now, he will be lying to himself and he will never be a part of her ever. He will regret not saying what was inside his heart this whole time. (Honestly, this part resonates so well with me because I ended up in that situation where it is actually too late for me to express how I truly feel and that person and I ended up drifting apart. Hachiman took his shot than regret it for all his life. I gotta commend my boy for that!!) I love that Hachiman pursued after her and basically confessed his love for her in the only way that these two anti-social people can. "So allow me the privilege of distorting your life." Wow. The next time I confess to a girl, I will use that line. I will let you all know how it goes. From here on out, the conversation went to the "cliche" convo where the girl goes "but I'm this and that" and the guy says "I accept that and that makes you lovely" but of course with the Oregairu twist. I've been waiting for this so even if it's cliched, I love it. I also love the switch in the tenseness of the atmosphere where Yukino playfully punched Hachiman. I don't ever recall a scene where she playfully touched Hachiman and I knew this was a turning point. Yukino tried to squeeze a better confession out of Hachiman too but they both suck at socializing lol. But Yukino with the "please allow me to have your life" is as close to saying as be my boyfriend or stay by my side through thick and thin I guess lmao.

That was a long post cause I felt like this episode wrapped up so much that was built up and the tiny details in the episode was so well made. THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS SEASON IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASONS and I love it!

TL;DR: Hiratsuka is the only adult involved with the trio that truly cares and knows about them (exception for Gahamama). Yui is actually very selfless because she wants to stay with them regardless if she's not chosen AND she actually helped push them to be together even if it's at the cost of her. Iroha is menacing but that's her charm; also don't mock her as Zaimokuza did. Yukino and Hachiman both suck at socializing and a confession is probably the worst thing they can do but leave it to them to say random things like "let me distort your life" and "let me have your life" to make it work. The soundtrack is amazing.
Sep 18, 2020 12:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009

Just rewatched it. I knew it was coming but it was still a sledgehammer moment

That handgrab and the line "If I let you go, I can't grab hold of you again"

Veribal said:
The whole fake prom conversation was basically a reference of yukinon having 8man as a significant other, Since 8man doesn't have good future prospect just like the fake prom. 8man basically informed yukimom and yukinee that he wants to go out with yukinon, I'm glad that yukimom wasn't that much against it and let yukinon decide.

It really can be read that way I just rewatched it and substituted "second prom" with "going out with Yukinon" during the whole time when Yukimom was talking and it totally fits. This whole series really is about being roundabout with how you say things. No one shoots straight from the hip. Except the mom at the end with those laser eyes telling them to see it through the end.

Yukinon- said:
7 years bros... I can finally die in peace.

That means a lot with that username, lol.

@zeron824 Great points. I agree with you on most except Iroha. I've never liked how she treats people so differently depending on their position vis a vis her.

FarabeufSep 18, 2020 12:27 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 18, 2020 12:29 AM

Aug 2019
Azri3l said:
ncviik said:
The music and visuals were really good this ep. Really loved the camera angels, the first person perspective reminded me of Monogatari. Loved how they used the first monologue ("Youth is a lie, it is evil") in such a way, showed how much he developed. Really well done feel., no one will praise them here so I should atleast!

My boi finally did it! He finally mustered the courage to do it! I teared up. Best confession by far, not your typical one but a great one indeed.

“Give me the right to mess up your life.”

Best c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ partners.

Ouuuu how come I didn't notice that, the camera angles were realy similiar to it, but I think Monogatari has a lot more movement and change with their animation style. I did like that the animation was very different from other episodes, where the same angle was kept most of the time.
Omegeria said:
ncviik said:
The music and visuals were really good this ep. Really loved the camera angels, the first person perspective reminded me of Monogatari. Loved how they used the first monologue ("Youth is a lie, it is evil") in such a way, showed how much he developed. Really well done feel., no one will praise them here so I should atleast!

My boi finally did it! He finally mustered the courage to do it! I teared up. Best confession by far, not your typical one but a great one indeed.

Thank you! Finally someone else talking about the production, I’m getting tired of all the LN nitpicking. The production and directive/sound design decisions from Feel. this season have been consistently awesome, and really help elevate the writing to something truly fantastic for me
Omegeria said:
ncviik said:

Thank you! Finally someone else talking about the production, I’m getting tired of all the LN nitpicking. The production and directive/sound design decisions from Feel. this season have been consistently awesome, and really help elevate the writing to something truly fantastic for me

I could easily say the direction in Oregairu S3 improved a lot from S2, people are forgetting that the content they are adapting is also weak compared to S1 and S2. The direction was on par with S1 for me (for the most part). The thing about slow pacing also mostly comes from the LN.

I love the music in Oregairu. Monaca does the music for Oregairu as well as Monogatari (for the most part, some are done by other people but they're mostly from Monaca) so now you know why the music is so good, if you didn't know that is.
Believe, believe there's magic here tonight~~
Sep 18, 2020 12:37 AM

Jun 2016
zeron824 said:
I can't even begin to type. This was by far THE MOST genuine episode yet. We'll go part by part cause I was freaking out the entire time with some sweat under my eyes. Maybe they were tears idk.

Hiratsuka knew exactly what was going on and that they were being antagonized by Haruno. She knew just how to get through to Hachiman and it was the needed advice to get him going and achieve what he truly wants, something real. Hachiman was talking about how he will END his youth. He ended it by growing up and admitting his true feelings to every single party involved. I think it's important to note that Hachiman sees the three of them as a "love triangle" too. There's an old saying where you shouldn't date within your circle because it can lead to complications. This anime proves that.

That last part leads into the Yui bench conversation. First of all, Hachiman straight up admitted to Yui that he wants to "stay associated with Yukino." That's as cold and hard as a truth can get to "reject" someone. HOWEVER, I found it really sweet and shocking, even Yui was surprised, when Hachiman said that Yui will not have to wait for the day where he can express his true feelings. I believe that was simply saying that he was already genuine with her and sees her as someone special to him, a friend. It hurts to hear that coming from someone you love, but Yui saw it coming and no amount of preparing will prepare you for that. I'm glad Gahamama is very comforting to her daughter. It was a bittersweet scene from start to finish. It's important to also note that Yui's wish was to have it all and when she explained it to Hachiman, "where you and Yukinon are, I want to be there too," she was already conceding the race to Yukino but was still wanting to be friends with them both. You can even see this in the part where she told Hachiman that his main issue is that he doesn't try to communicate when Hachiman was talking about not wanting to leave Yukino. Yui is helping out her best friend, Yukino, get the man that she loves. That is so bittersweet, but Yui is such a nice girl. She'll come across her happy ending too and they'll all still remain friends and she'll learn to move on.

The Iroha investigation scene was hilarious. I especially enjoyed that scene where Zaimokuza mocked Iroha and she "tch" them to the point they all got terrified lmao.

Then the whole "prom" debacle Hachiman was trying to achieve was another roundabout way to get him and Yukino together cause they both suck at socializing. I really love the fact that that scene was basically an informal "meet the family" scene and Yukimama is not an idiot. She knew EXACTLY what was going on, hence the stare that Yukino was waiting for. The stare of "this is your choice, see it through." That was a huge stepping stone for Yukino since it seems like Yukimama is finally acknowledging Yukino's achievements and choices. Even Haruno played Hachiman's game. "Do you really understand what it means to get involved in our family matters?" "I understand...If I can take responsibility for that stuff, too, then I intend to do that." Hachiman literally said "I am willing to be a part of your family." Yukino was surprised to hear that coming from Hachiman. I think everyone in that room understood what was going on, even Hiratsuka-sensei, except for Yukino, which leads us to the possibly iconic bridge scene.

Oh man. This scene was the culmination of all the events and situations, and heartbreaks that they all had. Hachiman finally admitting the truth and telling it how it is. First off, Hachiman roping Yukino's family was something neither of them expected and kinda scared both them equally lol. Anyways, Hachiman started to create his lead in about his feelings and Yukino got upset cause she thought he didn't upheld his part of the deal but Yui literally helped out EVERYONE. When Yui said she was selfish a few episodes back, goodness she is SELFLESS. Moving on, Yukino was saying that she can maintain a regular "friendship" even if Hachiman can't so Yukino STILL isn't being honest with herself. Hachiman called her out on her BS and she storms out. This is a SUPER important part because, as Hachiman later says, if he lets her go now, he will be lying to himself and he will never be a part of her ever. He will regret not saying what was inside his heart this whole time. (Honestly, this part resonates so well with me because I ended up in that situation where it is actually too late for me to express how I truly feel and that person and I ended up drifting apart. Hachiman took his shot than regret it for all his life. I gotta commend my boy for that!!) I love that Hachiman pursued after her and basically confessed his love for her in the only way that these two anti-social people can. "So allow me the privilege of distorting your life." Wow. The next time I confess to a girl, I will use that line. I will let you all know how it goes. From here on out, the conversation went to the "cliche" convo where the girl goes "but I'm this and that" and the guy says "I accept that and that makes you lovely" but of course with the Oregairu twist. I've been waiting for this so even if it's cliched, I love it. I also love the switch in the tenseness of the atmosphere where Yukino playfully punched Hachiman. I don't ever recall a scene where she playfully touched Hachiman and I knew this was a turning point. Yukino tried to squeeze a better confession out of Hachiman too but they both suck at socializing lol. But Yukino with the "please allow me to have your life" is as close to saying as be my boyfriend or stay by my side through thick and thin I guess lmao.

That was a long post cause I felt like this episode wrapped up so much that was built up and the tiny details in the episode was so well made. THE SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS SEASON IS SO DIFFERENT FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASONS and I love it!

TL;DR: Hiratsuka is the only adult involved with the trio that truly cares and knows about them (exception for Gahamama). Yui is actually very selfless because she wants to stay with them regardless if she's not chosen AND she actually helped push them to be together even if it's at the cost of her. Iroha is menacing but that's her charm; also don't mock her as Zaimokuza did. Yukino and Hachiman both suck at socializing and a confession is probably the worst thing they can do but leave it to them to say random things like "let me distort your life" and "let me have your life" to make it work. The soundtrack is amazing.

Thats fantasic post I agree with this

Sep 18, 2020 1:04 AM

Jun 2017
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!! FINALLY! FUCKING FINALLY! My childhood is complete.

Gentlemen, it's been an honor sailing with you, we have finally come to an end after 7 long years, the ship is ours.

Damn waiting 5 years after season 2 was all worth it! Damn, that was one of the best love confessions of all time, if not the best.
EmperorAlfredSep 18, 2020 1:15 AM
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Sep 18, 2020 1:08 AM
Apr 2016
F's in the chat for Yui
Sep 18, 2020 1:15 AM

Jan 2016
oml. This episode is basically the climax of my favorite series ever. I can't believe the ship for 8man and Yukino has finally sailed. Even though I was rooting for Yui, I'm still completely fine with this. God damn, this series is so good.
Sep 18, 2020 1:19 AM

Dec 2016
Wow!! That was amazing episode fulled with emotions!
The speech and the conversation that Hachiman talked in this episode is much than the entire series. Finally, he decided to release all his feelings.
Sep 18, 2020 1:24 AM
Apr 2018
Best episode for me by far. Hiratsuka sensei she is truly a chad and her supporting these teens is so clutch, i cant respect her enough. Yui always will be an amazing girl, even though she knows what she is losing on ready to help yukinon as always and be there for her two best friends. She definitely deserves all the love and i hope one day she gets her happiness.
Finally the moment i have been waiting for, 7 years and it was near perfection

The way hachiman was so expressive. he finally acts on his desire and runs after her to catch her, plus Yukinos out of character bashfulness and her also wanting a better confession was so adorable .The lines and the emotions, feelings from these two expressing towards each other. More importantly the fact that they know their shortcomings & they still have hurdles to face on ahead and yet still ready to face it together. I just loved every bit of it, while tearing up a little and smiling too.

The ending scenes with OST was just the cherry on top. This episode was truly the defining moment of this season and i am glad i was able to watch it <3
Sep 18, 2020 1:35 AM
Jan 2017
His finally do it hatshiman
Sep 18, 2020 2:04 AM

Aug 2018
that confession reminded me of King of the Hill
it was not clever
Sep 18, 2020 2:12 AM

Jan 2018
I would like to make a toast for the people who are watching this anime at this moment, around the world.. I have a lot of emotions right now and I don't know what to do with it. Maybe I'm the kind of person who can get drunk. There are two major events that happened in this episode that got me in this state. That is the "Yahalost"... And "Give me the right to mess up your life". I can't think right now, I'm only feeling. Cuz watching this series ends, it f*cking hurts..

Let's keep watching till the end!

Sep 18, 2020 2:15 AM

Jun 2019
A really beautiful episode.
Sensei telling Hachiman her feelings. Someone marry her, please.
I felt really bad for Yui in this episode. She was about to confess her love :'(
Also, rather a strange way to confess your love to each other. Those were some great choices of words for confession there.
Yukinoshita X Hachiman hug was so cute.
Amazing episode. 10/10
Sep 18, 2020 2:17 AM
Sep 2018
ncviik said:

Aha got that reference
Sep 18, 2020 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
The location, the music, those camera takes, and that proposal without saying the word love on them, great combination.
It made for me the best episode of an anime I have seen for a long time.
Sep 18, 2020 2:36 AM
Apr 2020
Just because im being paranoid and anxious right now, the bridge scene was a confession of love between the two right? Hachiman and yukino were confessing their love to one another is that correct? and did they both understand that the other was confessing their love? Also are they dating or will they say I love you or kiss?

I really hope the whole scene wasnt a just hoping to be friends for the rest of our lives thing.
Sep 18, 2020 2:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this is what peak Oregairu looks like! Such a pity that I'd to miss this out late last night (2 am this morning) because of my Engineering CAD lesson but I suppose it's a plus, in a sense, that I'm fully awake now so I can appreciate this more because this episode deserves that!

Possibly the very best Oregairu episode we've been blessed with and that's saying a lot. Starting off with Hiratsuka-sensei moments are always a bloody hit but this especially more so! Sneaking in that "I love you" was an absolute treat, fudge do men have no proper taste in the Oregairu world? Seriously, we need that "My Adult Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected" adaption.

And then off to Hachiman's rejection to Yui. We've been getting a few of that in this season but this was clearly the finishing touches. God, Yui's shock there really dug deep too. Gaha-mama responding to that with empathy was really sweet.

Followed by Irohas trying to make sense out of Hachiman and the trio, can't keep them out at this point and that's how it ought to be xD. Some priceless Iroha expressions though, I must say.

And finally, the highlight of the episode and possibly the series as a whole. Hachiman's done it! Albeit in an extremely unorthodox and bruh fashion but that's just how the two are. xD, if there were any people crossing by, I bet they'd literally be thinking that the two were making vows right there. That's how awkward some of the lines were but god did it strike my sweet zone! Yes! Yes! Yes! It's what we've been waiting for and it's finally here, follow Yukino stans! Not going to forget this happiness for a good darn while, that's for certain.

Hachiman's desperation being the prime reason for the second prom was really sweet too. I'll be honest, I didn't know what was going on fully during the "meeting" but, at this point, I really couldn't care less to clarify that. I'll eventually by next episode airs but for now and for this weekend, this is more than bloody enough.

Thank you Studio feel., the VAs & the creators! Regardless of how next episode goes (and I'm completely expecting it to end on a fine fashion, don't get me wrong there!), this series has made it to a special place in my heart.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 18, 2020 2:52 AM
Apr 2019
Feel so bad for yuigahama T__T

Sep 18, 2020 3:01 AM
Oct 2016
Syureria said:
Yuigahama cried seeing this, lol.

Hahaha bloody yuifags deserve this.
Sep 18, 2020 3:25 AM
Jun 2014
You know it really makes you notice that you wasted a whole high school without feeling those feelings and making those kind of mistakes and mature as a result of it. I'm really happy with this episode. It really reminds me of my own regrets. Two awkwards loners who ended up together is not your common story and it was a unique premise. I wonder if we can see any series like this in the future.
Sep 18, 2020 3:29 AM
Jun 2019
NakolHira said:
Best confession of all time .

A confession without saying "I love you"
A confession with making a promise to stay together for lifelong .
A confession where they both crossed the line together.

I'm crying ,I can't explain how much I've waited for this moment to come !!!!

Hachiman and Yukino ,best luck for rest of your life ! Please continue to live for each other ,and have a better life !!!!

it is what it is, i've been team yui ever since and im heart broken.
Sep 18, 2020 3:59 AM

Sep 2019
Shorthair girls = rejection

Feeling sad for yui that bench scene was touching.

8man did it, that confession made me happy for the entire day.
Sep 18, 2020 4:16 AM

Jul 2020
What a great ending, so heartwarming. (clapping)
Glad to see Hachiman and Yukino finally got together.

Yet I'm also really tearing up for Yui <3

May we meet again!
Sep 18, 2020 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
Well, feel bad for Yui. She cannot defied the inevitable.

I am fortunate enough to not get myself pulled in this shipping wars, but when I think of it, Yukino being the chosen girl is a definite, but it wasn't that bad, it's not like she just some random characters that just thrown away at this last event of the series. She's also had her moment in S1 and S2, even more than Yui in S1 when things tone are still light-hearted and the characters still in the beginning of the relationship.

The bridge scene was one of anime moment of the year, yeah definitely. The last episode was OP season 2 as a backsound tune and this time at the bridge scene they using the OP of season 1, that's kinda nice.

But Totsuka covering his(her?) chest. Laaaame.
DannyTheDonkeySep 18, 2020 4:23 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 18, 2020 4:24 AM
Jul 2020
Best oregairu episode, is what I can say
Sep 18, 2020 4:36 AM
Dec 2017
Man I love this series which continues to shock us time and again. I love how the episode went from Hiratsuka to Yui to Yukino. Damn I knew this was coming and was inevitable but it hit hard😭😭😭....All characters were in their best even Iroha munching down on those geeks...lol...Studio Feel hopefully continues to make such anime and inspire us❤️❤️❤️❤️...
Sep 18, 2020 5:26 AM
Sep 2020
Yahalose for yui team
Sep 18, 2020 5:32 AM
May 2020
In my opinion, one of the best POreGairu episodes. Yuigahama got shot down?
I guess it will be a Yukino x 8man ending.
Oh well, 3 months ago, I didn't know about OreGairu, and now, this series has become one of my favorites!
Sep 18, 2020 5:35 AM
Dec 2019
Primo_Itoko said:
Fullmetal Alchemist is that you?

thought the same lol 😂
Sep 18, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
For me, Hiratsuka will always be the MVP of this entire series. How she's STILL single is beyond all knowledge and compression, in my eyes that is. XD

Still, as a Yui fan, this episode hit me in the heart and it really hurts. Seeing her converse with Hachiman was nice before parting ways, but when she went into her home and starting tearing up, her mother came along to hug her, so that Yui could release all of the feelings and sadness stored in her heart. The poor girl broke down, which made me tear up. =(

Either way, the whole scene with Yukino and Hachiman was brilliant. Loved the soundtrack for it, too. ^_^

Overall, this was easily the best episode of season 3. Looking forward to the final episode.
Sep 18, 2020 6:07 AM
Jun 2020
TsukuyomiREKT said:
A_G_N said:

Pretty much no one in this thread is doing that, and you Yukino simps have been crying for like two months straight, but go off I guess.
I was talking about the thread that was created, nothing else.

And Yukino simp? Yh, okay, I'm a Yukino simp, the author himself is a Yukino simp, Hachiman is also one, and the author wrote the story to make the readers that too, just because anime downgraded it, doesnt mean its not true. The season was far from accurately adapting the build up, the readers complained about it, cuz the confession is 10x more impactful in novel, thats why people were angry, this ep may saved the anime, or atleast thats what people are saying, but the execution was a downgraded a lot, but this ep was great none the less..
A_G_NSep 18, 2020 6:23 AM
Sep 18, 2020 6:08 AM
Jul 2017

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sep 18, 2020 6:11 AM
Jun 2020
civonad said:
Just because im being paranoid and anxious right now, the bridge scene was a confession of love between the two right? Hachiman and yukino were confessing their love to one another is that correct? and did they both understand that the other was confessing their love? Also are they dating or will they say I love you or kiss?

I really hope the whole scene wasnt a just hoping to be friends for the rest of our lives thing.
It was pretty much a marriage proposal.. no need to worry there, they're dating now, there's a date after this comfession but donno if anime will adapt it cuz thats rare, this ep got a pass atleast..
Sep 18, 2020 6:12 AM

Aug 2017
already watch this episode for the fifth times today, never got bored, my ship has sailed, know one of my existence in this world already completed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2020 6:39 AM
Apr 2020
Loved it, if it was like a game and this was best ending. And the way they confessed was different than most of the anime and i loved it.
Sep 18, 2020 6:51 AM
Dec 2019
Very good episode. Maybe it's because I haven't watched the last two seasons in forever but as this season went on I very much wanted Yui to be with Hachiman. It was hard seeing her cry and know it was over but the bridge scene and confession of confessions made me realize and Yukinon and Haichman should be together since day 1, and thinking back to their past makes sense. The ending was so well done I didn't feel bitter about Yui losing, which is a big deal for me as I'm usually sad or bitter about my best girl losing. That's how good this wrapped up.
Sep 18, 2020 6:56 AM

Jun 2020
I hope I can watch this episode soon...
I got COVID! 😢😷
Sep 18, 2020 7:14 AM
May 2016
ToraiS said:
Definitely the highlight was the quirkily good confession scene.

But I don't know, for me this "climax" was a bit underwhelming. The entire prom arc where Yukino tries to be independent and tries to deflect her sister's accusation where they are codependent of each other, is thrown out: Yukino proved to her family that she's capable, but she is still insecure about her role when it comes to her friends, and now lover.

While the Hiratsuka scene is great, she spelled it out so much that there was no room for Hikigaya to have self-realization. In the past, her messages were always cryptic to the point that it only guides Hikigaya to an answer. But now, she plainly states the answer and it was a bullseye too. Compare to S2, after Hiratsuka's advice, Hikigaya couldn't sleep because he was busy thinking what to do before the "genuine" scene. That sense of self-realization and character development is missing.

There isn't a time where all three talked to each other honestly and made a compromise where all parties knew each other's motives. Most of the season comprised of the three talking behind each other's backs and made decisions for them without even them knowing. In that sense, their relationship as a club was thrown away too as if it was nothing. Which is bad since S1 and S2 built upon this relationship. It would have been interesting if they could have incorporated at least some of it before dismissing it as fake or codependent.

Don't get me wrong, I love this series to bits but aside from the confession scene, and the anime humanizing Yui's plight, the whole season has been lackluster, especially when compared to the more human conflicts of S2. The entire ordeal doesn't feel like a satisfying climax for me. It just feels like it's just an ending for the sake of having an ending.

Unsatisfying is the term I would use. I'm honestly surprised to see such enthusiasm for the confession. This season was just an excuse to make what should have been inevitable, obvious and easy for the characters into something strained, awkward and difficult. Also weird, I mean these ARE just a couple of shy high school kids who have never been in a relationship. "Give me your life" I mean happily married couples don't talk that way. These two haven't even dated yet, that felt like the proposal a couple in their late 20's would have after an on again off again relationship for the past 10 years. And yeah sensei and the sister just became simple plot devices compared to earlier seasons. It was a great routine until now but IMO the author just couldn't stick the landing.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

283 by venbals »»
Mar 31, 11:43 PM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.