Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2020 10:19 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hikki's outing with Yui was very heartwarming. I was smiling like a dork the whole time. Man, I love these characters so much.

8man's love for Max coffee is way over the roof lol.

Yukimama is very scary, she is going to be a big obstacle for Prom considering how much power she holds. She strikes down everybody's opinions with facts. Sobu High is a pussy.

My girl Yukinon need more bravery.

Codependency Kinda true but completely false.

Yui :(
Probably the best episode till now. 8man being his very best. Yukinon trying very hard to prove a point to her mother. Yui is too nice :(

5/5
cchiguJul 30, 2020 10:32 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 30, 2020 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
Yui's personality hit me this episode with her feelings. She still reflects on events from the previous episode which connects to the overall relationship storytelling.

Those tears tells it all. The VA did a fantastic job at protraying her character if you ask me. Those last few minutes of the episode hits the feels.
Stark700Jul 30, 2020 11:00 AM
Jul 30, 2020 10:26 AM

Nov 2007
So that last time was for promo.

Taking photo of vending machine w. special coffee? lol @ IKEA as IKE.

Yukino's mother... Prom is inappropriate? and she is on that side. The teacher is good at responding to that kind of "opinion". Then helping out or being independent.

Then prom is cancelled. Main guy goes to Yukino and hurting Touyama-san's character.

ED is Touyama-san's character ver.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 30, 2020 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
It looks like they were looking at an album from Prom's party yesterday. I hate to admit this but I don't want to see Yui and Hachiman together, lol. Komachi's birthday? Is taking pictures in front of vending machines becoming popular? I know Yui is aggressive in this episode, like a bride and taking pictures together.

Haruno and Yukinosita's mom came to school, for some reason this conversation makes me sleepy, really. I feel like I've seen this scene, Yuigahama crying Ohh shit this is indeed full of sweet and sour. I like the insert song.

Yukinon NO
Yuigahama NO
Iroha No
Haruno de best

Jul 30, 2020 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
One more episode of Oregairu...

This time we had one and just one star: Yui, she is just superb here, and her moments with Hachiman great...
And also e ´ve seen Yukino and Haruno Mother and this seems to be a big thing for future episodes...

Good episode today (Probably best Yui´s episode so far)°
Just waiting for next one!!
Jul 30, 2020 10:35 AM

May 2020
what happened in this ep hmmmm
Jul 30, 2020 10:41 AM

Feb 2018
Natsude_tanaka said:
Nothing happened, only Yuigahama was happy to be able to take a picture together with Hiki.

Jul 30, 2020 10:42 AM

May 2020
Syureria said:
Natsude_tanaka said:
Nothing happened, only Yuigahama was happy to be able to take a picture together with Hiki.

i wish they were together but its not gonna happen is it smh hmmm hahahah
Jul 30, 2020 10:44 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Syureria said:
Nothing happened
Idk if you are joking but
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 30, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2015
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman looks like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime
ShiroHachiJul 30, 2020 11:08 AM
Jul 30, 2020 11:02 AM
Apr 2019
Doesn’t matter much.
Oh it felt good, I can't describe how much pain I had to endure when I was reading Volume 12-13. I have to go through them again.
Yuigahama crying was heart touching, that's what happens when you try to be dishonest with people's feelings.
Hachiman left her behind, good to cry.

Another thing, Codependency got introduced. I hope people would research a bit on this topic. It's a clever plot point, ngl.

Anime skipped a bit of monologues, people might get the wrong idea, as expected.

Fucking wonderful episode 5/5
Jul 30, 2020 11:03 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
This at least to me feels like the last Yui episode it was a good one to tell us what she was feeling. I think now to make the rest of this season work they will focus on Hikki and Yukino.
As to me just based on the anime I don't think it got fleshed out enough as compared to Yui, although I did watch the second season drunk on my birthday so maybe not.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 30, 2020 11:06 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I knew it was coming but it still had a lot of impact. Well executed! Yui's VA really brought it home and the art/music didn't let me down.

ShiroHachi said:
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped the real reason Hachiman helped Yukinoshita. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason, the reason he helped Yukino was because of his feelings. He used "I promised I would save her" as an excuse because he didn't want to be honest. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman looks like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime

The anime has for the most part skipped the monologues so this isn't really a surprise, don't you think? I don't think anime onlies think he's got romantic feelings for Yui; Hachiman blushes when any woman is within 50 cms of him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 30, 2020 11:07 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ShiroHachi said:
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped the real reason Hachiman helped Yukinoshita. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason, the reason he helped Yukino was because of his feelings. He used "I promised I would save her" as an excuse because he didn't want to be honest. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman look like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime
My dude, to adapt everything they would require 2 cours.
Jul 30, 2020 11:08 AM
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
I am disappointed with this adaptation. Does studio Feel hates Yukino for some reason? How can the audience guess Hachiman's feelings now. They skipped the real reason Hachiman helped Yukinoshita. They skipped Hachiman monologue about codependency is not feeling. They skipped Hachiman monologue about losing his bullshit reason, the reason he helped Yukino was because of his feelings. He used "I promised I would save her" as an excuse because he didn't want to be honest. Good job Feel in misleading the audience, Hachiman looks like interested in Yui in the anime because he is always blushing in the anime

Bro what are you even talking about? There's no chance in the anime that even anyone thinks Yui×8man will happen.
You can tell that 8man doesn't think of codependency as feelings with his expressions, your really don't need any monologue for that. As for the reason for him helping yukino, he clearly hesitated for 15sec (where shizuka was forcing him to put the reason in words) after which he said 'i promised to save her'. It was really very obvious that he saves her because he loves her.
And to confirm all that we get the never changing, full of sadness monologue from Yui to confirm every fact that I've said.
Yui says she was afraid to ask him the reason because she knows 8man loves yukino.
Jul 30, 2020 11:09 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Farabeuf said:
Hachiman blushes when any woman is within 50 cms of him.
Haha, true as hell.
Jul 30, 2020 11:13 AM
Oct 2015
ninadyeole said:
ShiroHachi said:

Bro what are you even talking about? There's no chance in the anime that even anyone thinks Yui×8man will happen.
You can tell that 8man doesn't think of codependency as feelings with his expressions, your really don't need any monologue for that. As for the reason for him helping yukino, he clearly hesitated for 15sec (where shizuka was forcing him to put the reason in words) after which he said 'i promised to save her'. It was really very obvious that he saves her because he loves her.
And to confirm all that we get the never changing, full of sadness monologue from Yui to confirm every fact that I've said.
Yui says she was afraid to ask him the reason because she knows 8man loves yukino.

I hope you're right bro, this is just undewhelming compared to Hachiman's feelings in the novel. I'm just afraid people will think the ending will feel forced later
Jul 30, 2020 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
Well the date at Ikea was funny.
Anyway more drama heading there way and all because someone disagrees with the prom thing.
Well i hope they managed to solce it since this seems to be a huge blow for them.
Jul 30, 2020 11:14 AM
Jul 2020
Another solid feels ridden episode of Oregairu.
Watching 8man obsessing over the new max coffee, i never expected that episode to take a turn for such sadness in the end.
8man and Shizuka's bond is so strong that 8man realizes shizuka is leaving with such less leads. All we see is haruno asking shizuka and shizuka looking a little sad when entering the class and 8man figures out she's leaving the school.
I feel Yui's character is so nicely portrayed.
I almost cried when Yui started crying in front of 8man. Man i thought there was going to be some kind of closure but i guess it's not that easy.
I don't think I'll be able to handle the moment where Yui decides to give up on 8man.
Well i really want Yukino×8man anyways but Yui is just such a great character
That aside this episode is one of the best overall episodes oregairu has given until now. As for the animations, I didn't notice anything strange this episode.
Jul 30, 2020 11:15 AM
Apr 2018
Oregairu's best episode yet this season imo,
Oregairu got me with them feels once again...

Hachiman & Yui's Date was very cute and heartwarming to watch.
Hikki loves Max Coffee alot, I mean ALOT! :)
Prom cancellation stuff goes down & we got a Yukinoshita standoff.
The biggest part of the episode is Hachiman telling Hiratsuka sensei that Yukino asked him to save her.
God the last few minutes of this episode i was tearing up.
Yui is too nice, she let Hachiman go to Yukino's aid though she has those feelings for him i couldn't help but cry at this scene.

Rating: 5/5

Jul 30, 2020 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Yui. It was hard watching Yui cry on her own. The VA did a good job. Them feels...

Yukino's and Haruno's mother there being an obstacle to the prom.

Feb 2018
cchigu said:
Idk if you are joking but

Idfc about Yuigahama, As long as I can see Haruno, that's enough, xD.
Jul 2020
ShiroHachi said:
ninadyeole said:

I hope you're right bro, this is just undewhelming compared to Hachiman's feelings in the novel. I'm just afraid people will think the ending will feel forced later

Well from the start, oregairu anime was supposed to be very deep only because they didn't put everything straight into words(what we call monologues)
Most people that watch already now it by now and look for such small things for explainations.
Anyways that's why we have these forums where people come and understand things they don't.
Jul 30, 2020 11:24 AM

Feb 2019
Being a Yui stan is pain.

That’s really all I have to say on this episode. Sometimes I come in these threads and see mfs writing theses analysing the series and I feel like I’m not big brain enough to comprehend these subliminal messages and what not.

All I can comprehend is pain.
Jul 30, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
Stayed up late just for this episode. It was both amazing and depressing.

It started off really nice that I was just smiling wide from start to end! Yui spending time together with Hachiman. It was really lovely to see, especially those smiles from Yui! That was just too sweet.

It seems Yukino's mother will be playing a much bigger role this season, as expected from the first episode and now this. She's certainly someone sharp and dangerous. It seems all the Yukinoshitas are very sharp and intelligent... but Yukino's mom has experience behind her which gives her an advantage in this.

So Hiratsuka-sensei is leaving. I wonder why. I guess next episode will tell us more.

Haruno always dropping those bombs. Two weeks ago it was the bit about her and Hachiman not being able to get 'drunk' completely. And this time... co-dependency.

That end hit really hard... I knew something was wrong the moment they didn't show Yui's face and just showed her back... Seeing her cry breaks my heart. But I feel that it's not the last time either, and that she's got a lot ahead of her... I don't have too many words right now. That scene was depressing for me, really made me sad... When she started full-on crying after Hachiman left, that tore my heart in half completely. She couldn't continue crying and stop him from going, even thought from the deepest parts of her heart that was what she wanted.

She was definitely the star of this episode. Touyama Nao has been doing an amazing job. And that Yui version of the ending song came just at the right moment to stab me in the heart. And simple white credits on an empty black background...

Definite 5/5. Will revisit this thread once more after I get a good night's sleep since it's 1 am in the morning here. Will probably need to rewatch it to analyse and get a better understanding of it all. I hope there'll be good news for Yui... I'm guessing next episode will either focus on Yukino or Hiratsuka-sensei.
Jul 30, 2020 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
Stayed up late just for this episode. It was both amazing and depressing.

It started off really nice that I was just smiling wide from start to end! Yui spending time together with Hachiman. It was really lovely to see, especially those smiles from Yui! That was just too sweet.

It seems Yukino's mother will be playing a much bigger role this season, as expected from the first episode and now this. She's certainly someone sharp and dangerous. It seems all the Yukinoshitas are very sharp and intelligent... but Yukino's mom has experience behind her which gives her an advantage in this.

So Hiratsuka-sensei is leaving. I wonder why. I guess next episode will tell us more.

Haruno always dropping those bombs. Two weeks ago it was the bit about her and Hachiman not being able to get 'drunk' completely. And this time... co-dependency.

That end hit really hard... I knew something was wrong the moment they didn't show Yui's face and just showed her back... Seeing her cry breaks my heart. But I feel that it's not the last time either, and that she's got a lot ahead of her... I don't have too many words right now. That scene was depressing for me, really made me sad... When she started full-on crying after Hachiman left, that tore my heart in half completely. She couldn't continue crying and stop him from going, even thought from the deepest parts of her heart that was what she wanted.

She was definitely the star of this episode. Touyama Nao has been doing an amazing job. And that Yui version of the ending song came just at the right moment to stab me in the heart. And simple white credits on an empty black background...

Definite 5/5. Will revisit this thread once more after I get a good night's sleep since it's 1 am in the morning here. Will probably need to rewatch it to analyse and get a better understanding of it all. I hope there'll be good news for Yui... I'm guessing next episode will either focus on Yukino or Hiratsuka-sensei.
Jul 30, 2020 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
It was a great episode. It was quite intense when they're talking to Yukino's mother regarding the prom. but that IKEA Sign I mean IKE though xD
I'm Curious about why Hiratsuka-sensei is leaving though. Hope to see more details of why Hiratsuka-sensei is leaving in the Future Episodes.
Naegi-KunJul 30, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 30, 2020 11:29 AM
Oct 2019
Wow. Those last minutes were perfect. Poor Yui.
Yukinoshita has the saddest smile I've ever seen.
So many things happened in this episode. I'm glad; I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes, and thought they were enough build-up to prepare us for the most important parts. Not disappointed.
Jul 30, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, I really like how this season is exploring yui's feelings a bit but I really feel sad for her.

Yukino's mom is a bitch alright, I hope to see her act like a proper mom someday

This legit made me laugh.

Too self aware lol.
cythraulJul 30, 2020 12:55 PM
Jul 30, 2020 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
A fine episode overall. Don't really have much to add in this episode but the voice acting in the end for Yui was solid. I never really cared for her personal conflicts but the anime's atleast doing a good job in making it seem more confusing and genuine for her.
Jul 30, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2020
animejas said:
A fine episode overall. Don't really have much to add in this episode but the voice acting in the end for Yui was solid. I never really cared for her personal conflicts but the anime's atleast doing a good job in making it seem more confusing and genuine for her.

still u got to feel sorry for her
Jul 30, 2020 11:54 AM
May 2019
Why does the best girl Yui have to be subjected to such pain?
Jul 30, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2020
Gotta say that I was never a fan of the Oregairu series, but damn, this season is impressing me, waaay better the S1 and S2.

F for Yui, she has my respect.
I neither agree nor disagree, on the contrary.
Jul 30, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Me after seeing Yui cry and then seeing the preview for the next episode..

Jul 30, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
Me after seeing Yui cry and then seeing the preview for the next episode..

Jul 30, 2020 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
animejas said:

Yea, I can get people may not like Yui as a character cause of the character archetype she falls under, but it was still impressive at how the anime portrays her internal conflict and emotions.
Jul 30, 2020 12:12 PM

Dec 2015
At this point, the best ending would be revealing Hachiman have no fucking clue what everyone's is thinking or implying, and they give 1-2 episodes to slowly explain events with more clarity.

I'm a fan of "non-obvious" type of storytelling, but sometimes this show doesn't feel like it has a concrete answer for some scenarios. I'm sure the novel does a better job in telling a story through subtext, but for me, an anime only, it's honestly really hard to care at certain scenarios considering they're extremely ambiguous. It still a good watch, but I really can not give this show more than a 7/10
Jul 30, 2020 12:17 PM
Jul 2020
It hurts to see Yui heartbroken, even if I do ship 8man x Yukino =(

Hopefully, she can now move on and find her own happiness from someone or something else. She deserves her happy ending too.

Watching the scene with Yukino's mother was hard. She's like a classic example of these overbearing, old-fashioned Japanese parents who thinks they know what's best and are stubborn to any changes. Nonetheless, I can't find myself to despise her. It's easy to see her as a villain, but for me, there has to be a reason why she's like that. Not everything is black and white.

Jul 30, 2020 12:17 PM
May 2017
Well i know Yukino will eventually win, but i still don't understand the logic why Yui is already like giving up at this point.

I mean, it's not like helping somebody in need is the same as being in love with her.
Jul 30, 2020 12:19 PM

Nov 2018
Sad episode, that ending hit me hard, the OST was pretty good, looks like we already know what girl Hachiman is going to choose.

The best girl crying, oh god, it hurts me.

Yui and Hikki taking a picture was cute though,

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jul 30, 2020 12:29 PM
Apr 2019
but bruh,can Feel at least give a stellar design of Yukino ?
They have struggled so much with Yukino and Sensei;Sensei when she was talking over phone with 8man ,her face look completely different,why's so happening ?
At the afterwords,we already got to see another version of Yukino.lol why so inconsistency with school's supposed most beautiful girl ?Yui or Iroha easily looks better than her.
Jul 30, 2020 12:29 PM
Dec 2015
That peace sign of Hachiman is total cringeworthy,
Poor yui another bad day I guess
Nc episode
5/5
Jul 30, 2020 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
Oregairu 101: Rejection
Yui </3 :((

Codependency. Holy shit Haruno, ramming it up in Hikki's ass without lube.
At least 8man is right about their relationship being a love triangle.

The Yui character song was good, sasuga Touyama Nao!

5/5

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jul 30, 2020 12:56 PM
Apr 2015
Sad but great episode. Honestly I was on team Yukino in the beginning but as things have progressed I am not so sure anymore. Just hope it won't be an open ending
Jul 30, 2020 12:58 PM

Jun 2020
My heart aches for Yui. I'm team Yukino and nothing can change that. But this episode, this episode just shattered my heart, I feel so bad for Yui.

Oregairu isn't an anime, it's a feeling. Shit it was really hard holding back my tears on this episode.

I said keep your hands on the table
Jul 30, 2020 1:15 PM
May 2019
Damn, Yui winning some groud here
Jul 30, 2020 1:16 PM

May 2010
Someone explain to me why Haruno was even in that meeting. She isn't part of the council nor the school board, she's just alumni.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 30, 2020 1:25 PM
Sep 2013
I'm so sad for Yui T-T

Jul 30, 2020 1:27 PM
Oct 2015
Kodoku_VN said:
I gonna cry! Why can´t my girl Yui win this war? She did like everything. She is like the best person you can imagine! She did everything right! And she is gonna lose :/ I love this show and also I hate this show! I can´t anymore!
Because the MC doesn't love her and his taste in girls is different from yours. Simple
Jul 30, 2020 1:33 PM
Mar 2020
Nice episode. Don't like Yukinon's mom.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

489 by Antivist64 »»
Apr 27, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

421 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

214 by venbals »»
Apr 5, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Aug 13, 2020

189 by venbals »»
Apr 1, 12:33 AM

» Does the light novel continues from where season 3 ends

Alfee_51 - Jul 22, 2021

20 by Tobitwo »»
Mar 30, 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.