Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The game is finally over, and although Hinata didn't score the last point himself, he was the ultimate decoy until the very end. Kuroo finally made his big appearance, everyone is reuniting all over the place, and we're ready for the biggest stage of them all. You can't stop the freak duo.
Jul 10, 2020 11:45 AM
Jan 2016
Is there really only one chapter left? I feel like this last arc was rushed.

But I have to say, this chapter was pretty good, all things considered. Aside from the match results we got some nostalgic character interactions, though this whole arc seems to be grounded on nostalgia alone. And we got to see Kuroo, which is always a plus imo.
Jul 10, 2020 12:07 PM
Sep 2018
I always thought the game would end this way with 3-1 Black Jackals. Finally got to see Kuroo.
Next chapter is the end of this 8 year journey eh.
Everything building towards the 2020 Tokyo Games.
Go get em freak duo!
Jul 10, 2020 12:37 PM
Jan 2019
Overall it was an amazing chapter. One question I have was with the panel with Akane Yamamoto and someone else. Was she catching up with Lev Haiba?
Jul 10, 2020 12:56 PM
Jul 2017
Damn. It's finally ending. Will I be able to stop my tears?
This manga git me into my college volleyball team even when I never played volleyball before. The journey is too close for me.
Great to see them reunite. Freak duo to destroy everyone eh?
Kuroo finally made an appearance as predicted.
Also who was the guy with the kid who got shocked with Kageyama on meeting him for autograph?

There is one thing we'll never come to know. That is how the fuck did tanaka end up with kiyoko. Greatest myterey for me ever. Everyone please make a dj. for me. I want to know before I die at least. Or my spirit will haunt you guys as well as sensei forever.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jul 10, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2016
I'm glad that Bokuto was the one who got the point, but it was Hinata who laid the groundwork. These panels were so expressive.

And finally, Kuroo :D

Amazing chapter and I'm honestly too fucking sad this series is going end. I wanted to see more of the league and the world stage with the Japanese team. Please Furudate-sensei, announce the sequel manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2020 6:07 PM

Nov 2018
Thank god kuroo is not the prime minister.. wait.. i’m not ready for the last chapter yet..
sogegesogeJul 10, 2020 6:13 PM
Jul 10, 2020 6:33 PM
Oct 2013
I am already crying a week in advance. So sad the next chapter is the last. The nostalgia of that last point really got to me.
Plus really glad we got to see Kuroo. Man do I love Haikyuu. The only consolation prize is that we still have a while before the anime will wrap up so get to experience this a second time before the story is truly over.... 😔🥺🥺😭😭😭😭
Jul 10, 2020 6:36 PM
Oct 2013
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Damn. It's finally ending. Will I be able to stop my tears?
This manga git me into my college volleyball team even when I never played volleyball before. The journey is too close for me.
Great to see them reunite. Freak duo to destroy everyone eh?
Kuroo finally made an appearance as predicted.
Also who was the guy with the kid who got shocked with Kageyama on meeting him for autograph?

There is one thing we'll never come to know. That is how the fuck did tanaka end up with kiyoko. Greatest myterey for me ever. Everyone please make a dj. for me. I want to know before I die at least. Or my spirit will haunt you guys as well as sensei forever.

I wanna know how Tanaka got with Kiyoko too! I am hoping they do some sort of spinoff manga or a special bunch of OVAs that show the transition years (Tanaka and Nishinoya as 3rd years, Tanaka getting with Kiyoko, Kageyama and Hinata as 3rd years, meeting some of the new talent that came into Karasuno in the last 2 years, etc)
Jul 10, 2020 11:32 PM
Dec 2019
osika4 said:
Is there really only one chapter left? I feel like this last arc was rushed.

But I have to say, this chapter was pretty good, all things considered. Aside from the match results we got some nostalgic character interactions, though this whole arc seems to be grounded on nostalgia alone. And we got to see Kuroo, which is always a plus imo.
THIS! I mean, I loved seeing all the characters appear during the match, but at the end of the day everything was so rushed that it kinda feels like we're just getting fanservice. I don't mind that Furudate decided to show us how everyone is doing but I feel like it could have been done a little bit more sporadically, so it could feel more natural.

I did like the way in which the match developed, cause you can really feel how they're really playing at pro level. During the highschool matches a lot of panels were spent with the players thinking about what they needed to do to overcome a situation. However in this match they know what they need to do in order to win and they do it. That's why we got more outside pov explaining what was happening rather than the players thiking about the play they were doing, and why the match lasted way less than the previous ones. I do think however that this match deserved at least 3 or 4 chapters more, which could have been taken away from either the Nekoma or the Inarizaki match.

Also, can we talk about how the little gigant said he's manga had 7 chapters more to go and that he was already thinking about his next story? Could this be Furudate trying to hint that they're already thinking about a new story?

Overall I reaaally enjoyed this final arc, it's even one of my favorites, but I certainly think that it needed some more time, and that it could even have been split into three separated arcs: Hinata in Brazil (I think the number of chapters spent on this where actually okay tho), the BlackJacks vs Alders game (which needed a couple of chapters more) and the road to the olympics (which could have taken at least 4-5 chapters).
Jul 10, 2020 11:48 PM

Mar 2016
Only one word, one thought: Kuro doesnt change
Jul 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Kuro made his apperance and lol he's the same old Kuro.

Nice Hinata's team beat Kageyama's team thou lol the winning point was gained by Bokuto.

They have gone through a lot but once again it's time for the monster duo to play together. Too bad we won't get to see the match as the next chap will be the last.
Jul 11, 2020 4:00 AM
May 2020
I feel like crying y'all, IM NOT PREPARED TO SEE THE ENDDD
Anyways, the Final Arc did feel really rushed, but I'm happy to see everyone grow into adults. The game ended with MSBY Jackals winning 3-1 against Schweiden Adlers. The reunion (ig?) was really fun to look at, and we're going to see them playing for the national team together!
Too bad Haikyuu!! is going to end soon, but I'm looking forward to Furudate Haruichi's other works!!
Jul 11, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Omg, we got to finally see Kuroo! I literally screamed!

I love how the match ended. Hinata being the decoy for the final point just hit home so perfectly! On top of that, Bokuto got to score the final point, which feels especially gratifying with us knowing he couldn't put away the spike to stave off match point in the finals for Nationals.

While I can see why people feel this final arc was rushed, I think it did fairly well overall. Do I wish we got to see more of Hinata in Brazil with Oikawa? Definitely. What about the moment when Hinata joined the Black Jackals? Yeah, it would've been nice to see more there instead of him just suddenly joining. As for the match, I think it was nice and concise and wrapped up practically everything that really needed to be addressed. This match didn't need to be dragged out since it was ultimately to highlight how far Hinata progressed rather than seeing a winner/loser. It was obvious from the get-go that Hinata and the Black Jackals would win this so that Hinata would finally triumph over Kageyama like he said he'd do at the beginning of the series.

Regardless, this has been a great ride; looking forward to the finale next week!
Jul 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Sep 2018
When Kuroo appeared I was like "omg that's it, that's really the end, I saw everything, imma die"

vinnml said:
I feel like crying y'all, IM NOT PREPARED TO SEE THE ENDDD

during last panel I was trying to stop my tears already, don't wanna know, what'll be then

btw what do you think Furudate, one chapter left and still no IwaOi official announcement lol

Jokes aside, what'll be national squad for Tokio Olympics?
I pray for Oikawa (at least on bench as 2nd setter) cuz he deserves it
Jul 11, 2020 12:28 PM
Sep 2018
Do any of yall reckon we'll see any real life Japan representatives in the final chapter? Like Nishida, Ishikawa etc. I mean sure it'd be pointless since Ushiwaka and Sakusa are basically their fictional counterparts. But I just remember seeing a rumor about it so
tzyhaJul 11, 2020 4:03 PM
Jul 12, 2020 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
FUBK IM CRIYNYG SO HHARD RN IM SO PROUD OF THEM??? ALSO KUROO IS STILL THE SAME CRACKHEAD IM-
Jul 12, 2020 11:55 AM

Oct 2018
I'm getting emotional here, it'll be sad to say goodbye to Haikyuu next week.
I'm glad that the story has stayed strong until the end though. Even if the last arc was definitely rushed, there was an underlying melancholic, nostalgic feeling in many chapters that was quite beautiful.
Best of luck to Furudate for his/her next work!
Jul 12, 2020 1:50 PM

Jan 2020
ndefauwes said:
One question I have was with the panel with Akane Yamamoto and someone else. Was she catching up with Lev Haiba?

It seems to me that it was Saeko-san, Tanaka's big sis.

MakingTheMaouCry said:

Isn't that Suga? Hair, clothes and emotional face expression fit him.
Jul 12, 2020 1:52 PM
Jul 2017
Auruguen said:
ndefauwes said:
One question I have was with the panel with Akane Yamamoto and someone else. Was she catching up with Lev Haiba?

It seems to me that it was Saeko-san, Tanaka's big sis.

MakingTheMaouCry said:

Isn't that Suga? Hair, clothes and emotional face expression fit him.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Suga has a kid?
They didn't introduce his wife?
Wait be back after I re read soon
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jul 12, 2020 1:56 PM
Jul 2017
OK sorry.
I feel dumb.
That's not his kid. It's the brother of the girl on front of him.
But....
That's not Suga.
I don't know who he is. But he is definitely not Suga. The eyebrows are different. He has long black ones. Suga has short white eyebrows.
Jul 12, 2020 2:14 PM
Mar 2015
The boys really are one once the match is over
Jul 12, 2020 5:33 PM

Dec 2011
I'm not ready to say goodbye!!! T.T T.T T.T

I got choked up last week looking at this last panel because it all came full circle.. it's like how they started in middle school as opponents AND looks like Kageyama was settting for Hinata again.

And the way it ends this week with Hinata being the greatest decoy and Bokuto scoring the final point-- i really love Furudate-sensei's storytelling </3

I also love all the scenes with no dialogue, but just the characters interacting so happily. And KUROO!!! We finally got to see him.

The freak twins are back! Get ready to get stunned, world!!
EmmrysJul 12, 2020 5:36 PM
Jul 12, 2020 11:18 PM

May 2018
IM CRYING AND I CANT STOP.

Just a week. A. Fucking. Week.

Really, how can I live without waiting for my weekly chapter of my fav sport manga?? HOW??

Jokes aside, I love this chapter, finally we saw every important character appearing and interacting as we were used to. I'm waiting to see Oikawa in the next chapter, BECAUSE YES, he'll appear again and I'm suuuuure that he's in Argentina National Team, he said he'd beat everyone and that's the answer...

Now I'll just wait until October for the continuation of the anime....
Jul 13, 2020 7:12 AM

Jan 2020
MakingTheMaouCry said:
OK sorry.
That's not Suga.
I don't know who he is. But he is definitely not Suga. The eyebrows are different. He has long black ones. Suga has short white eyebrows.

I still believe him to be Suga. Compare to Suga at the end of Ch.378: the same light gray hoodie + a darker gray jacket with a while collar.

Also remember in Ch.292, after the match against Inarizaki Suga talking to Daichi and Asahi about taking Kagayama's autograph. So here he is, i guess.
Jul 13, 2020 8:05 AM
Jul 2017
Auruguen said:
MakingTheMaouCry said:
OK sorry.
That's not Suga.

I still believe him to be Suga. Compare to Suga at the end of Ch.378: the same light gray hoodie + a darker gray jacket with a while collar.

Also remember in Ch.292, after the match against Inarizaki Suga talking to Daichi and Asahi about taking Kagayama's autograph. So here he is, i guess.

Guess we'll have to wait for the anime to find out huh?
Haha.
Jul 13, 2020 12:48 PM

Jan 2020
MakingTheMaouCry said:

Guess we'll have to wait for the anime to find out huh?
Haha.

Sure :D That will be worth waiting.
Jul 13, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
The two are back together playing again!!

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jul 13, 2020 1:54 PM

Oct 2017
Sad that the series is almost over :( this was a great chapter though, and I look forward to next week's wrap-up.

The Black Jackals won the game (surprise, surprise). Some nice character interactions, and Hoshiumi acknowledges Hinata's growth as a player. Hinata and Kageyama stand at the Olympics wearing the same jersey numbers as from high school. I'm sure next chapter will make me cry.
Jul 14, 2020 5:40 AM

May 2019
Ahhh one more chapter left. Guess it'll be time to rewatch Haikyuu again soon

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 14, 2020 7:30 AM

May 2016
Kuroo the swindler~ damn I died I totally coud see it too hahaha.

A last game, oh gosh.
Jul 15, 2020 5:07 AM

Aug 2015
I just cried the whole chapter. So much of feeling that I'm going to say goodbye to those good guys.

Color pages and double pages were sublime !
Jul 15, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2020
Awesome chapter! I feel like crying ‘cause I’ve been so attached to this anime/manga for years now. Too excited to see the last chapters but also really sad that it’s finally coming to an end.
Jul 16, 2020 8:26 AM

Apr 2020
I love Kageyama.and I was a little upset about BJ winning....
But I think it was a good chapter.
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Apr 12, 2023 11:25 PM

Oct 2014
Anyone else notice on the page where Bokuto scores the final point, Atsumu's jersey has Bokuto written on it?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.