Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2020 4:33 PM
Apr 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
We're finally back after a one-week break. And well...Let's just say don't mess with Aizawa's students.
NaiSk8Jun 25, 2020 4:37 PM
Jun 25, 2020 4:53 PM
Dec 2016
So while not quite at all might level. Shigaraki is now strong enough without a quirk to go flying through the air and move himself with air pressure. Damn the nomu project really did culminate in perfect shigaraki.
Jun 25, 2020 9:23 PM

Jan 2009
@Nobody5464
@RedneckAnimeGeek

so am i right after all that Quirk Singularity works like One For All? i bookmark that chapter thread on my watched list here on MAL

Shigaraki got an artificial One For All now but he wants the genuine one that made All Might super strong and Deku is using right now

it makes sense since the Nomu experiments is about multiple quirks just like One For All is
Jun 25, 2020 9:42 PM
Dec 2016
deg said:
@Nobody5464
@RedneckAnimeGeek

so am i right after all that Quirk Singularity works like One For All? i bookmark that chapter thread on my watched list here on MAL

Shigaraki got an artificial One For All now but he wants the genuine one that made All Might super strong and Deku is using right now

it makes sense since the Nomu experiments is about multiple quirks just like One For All is

No your still not right. The nomu from the first attack had all might level strength to and it wasn’t from a quirk just genetic engineering from the doctor. Shigaraki didn’t get an artificial one for all otherwise eraser would be able to cancel his power. His body has just been modified to be near as strong as all might even without having to use a qurik. Quirk singularity isn’t based around one for all, and shigaraki doesn’t have an artificial one for all.
Jun 25, 2020 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
Nobody5464 said:
deg said:
@Nobody5464
@RedneckAnimeGeek

No your still not right. The nomu from the first attack had all might level strength to and it wasn’t from a quirk just genetic engineering from the doctor. Shigaraki didn’t get an artificial one for all otherwise eraser would be able to cancel his power. His body has just been modified to be near as strong as all might even without having to use a qurik. Quirk singularity isn’t based around one for all, and shigaraki doesn’t have an artificial one for all.

lol ok we will see in the upcoming chapters more when the doctor finally explained the details of Shigarakis new powers right now

that fact that Shigaraki is liken to All Might now and the old thread discussion is suspect to me
Jun 25, 2020 11:41 PM

Mar 2015
very very expected development. can't be any more disappointed with this arc now.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 26, 2020 1:39 AM

Mar 2020
did aizawa only erased the decay quirk? and tomura shigaraki has the original all for one r8 so out of multiple quirks, aizawa only can erase the native quirk of the owner r8? i m confused rn...and abt this chapter..deku and kaachan wanted to get shigaraki attention so that he would follow them and his attention would divert from civilians and gran torino rescued them coz he knows that shigaraki needs one for all boz he was subconscioulsy told by all for one r8? plzz clear my doubts somebody
Jun 26, 2020 5:32 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
Nobody5464 said:

lol ok we will see in the upcoming chapters more when the doctor finally explained the details of Shigarakis new powers right now

that fact that Shigaraki is liken to All Might now and the old thread discussion is suspect to me

@deg
@Nobody5464

I can see where your suspicions come from. Is Quirk Singularity like One For All? Kinda, in that Quirk Singularity is about Quirks becoming to strong for the body to handle. One For All was too much for Deku to handle at first and it broke his bones, which is what Quirk Singularity is saying will happen to all Quirks eventually. The difference is that Deku eventually adapted to One For All and now has control of it. Quirk Singularity says that the body will never be able to adapt to the new power.

I still don't think Shigaraki has an artificial One For All. The Doctor just modified his body to be ridiculously strong so that his body would be able to handle All For One, like how Deku had to train to make his body ready for One For All. The Doctor has just helped Shigaraki skip the muscle building process. It would make sense for Shigaraki's natural strength required to use All For One to be leaps and bounds above Deku's natural strength required for One For All. Deku only has to hold the strength and Quirks of about 8 other people, depending on how many of those people had additional Quirks. There's no telling how many Quirks Shigaraki now holds, probably a lot more than just a few handfuls of people. So, Shigaraki would need a lot of natural strength to be able to use All For One without seriously hurting himself.

I think Endeavor likened Shigaraki's natural strength to All Might's strength with One For All because of similarities in ability, not that he was thinking Shigaraki had the same Quirk. It was probably included so that we, as the audience, would have a fair gauge of how strong Shigaraki has become, even with his Quirk(s) turned off by Aizawa.
Jun 26, 2020 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
If Shigi has the ability to steal One For All from Deku, I wonder why All For One never stole the power from the all the other One For All's he's beaten.
Jun 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
Retolee said:
If Shigi has the ability to steal One For All from Deku, I wonder why All For One never stole the power from the all the other One For All's he's beaten.

I think it was implied that every OFA owner before now passed it on last-minute, like Nana did for Toshinori. So by the time All For One reached the previous owner, they'd already given up the bulk of the quirk and just had embers left.

As far as this chapter goes, we got to find out another of Endeavor's sidekick's Quirks, which was simple yet effective, as well as a Manual-Aizawa teamup that makes WAY more sense than I would have expected. I feel like Deku's playing with fire right now, charging Shigaraki who's still a physical monster even without his Quirks active.
Jun 26, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2020
Great chapter!!

Kinda miffed that the spotlight was taken away from Aizawa. I want to see more of that badass teacher....
That Aizawa + Manual combo was pretty cool.

Shigaraki is turning out to be a great and intelligent villain.
Absolutely love how he used radio waves to induce a current to generate fhe pulse and transfer information to awaken the Nomu's.
Also, Shigaraki stomping Endeavour and imitating his pose was just too good.
MistaAshJun 26, 2020 11:26 AM
Jun 26, 2020 11:26 AM
Sep 2019
Just imagine this battle without aizawa sensei....
Jun 26, 2020 1:13 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I imagine Deku & Bakuago made a wrong choice is going for Shigiraki. Like I really hope they don't get off the hook for something this reckless... again. I am happy Manual is back. He's a cool guy.

Rodan_____ said:
Just imagine this battle without aizawa sensei....

Let's be honest. There would be no battle w/o aizawa. Things would be over real quick.

MistaAsh said:

Shigaraki is turning out to be a great and intelligent villain.
Absolutely love how he used radio waves to induce a current to generate fhe pulse and transfer information to awaken the Nomu's.
Also, Shigaraki stomping Endeavour and imitating his pose was just too good.

At this point I'm reading this series mostly for him & his friends
Jun 26, 2020 2:14 PM

Mar 2017
Oh my god, what are Midoriya and Bakugou doing?! I get that they don’t want to just hide while the pros are fighting but they are no where near ready to take on Shigaraki... they haven’t even finished their first year of Hero school yet!

Every chapter that comes out gives me anxiety cause something awful is gonna happen I just know it but I don’t know when 😖
Jun 26, 2020 2:27 PM

Jun 2017
I smell time skip, no way they are beating Shigaraki now.
Jun 26, 2020 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Shigaraki casually standing on Endeavor was amazing lol

I didn't expect any Nomu to return.

Protecting Aizawa should take higher priority than protecting one for all.
Jun 26, 2020 9:11 PM

Dec 2016
"Get off!" Lol. Wasn't expecting Shigaraki humor in the middle of all that.
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
Jun 26, 2020 10:00 PM
Jul 2016
Can someone explain for me what Manual was doing with Aizawa's eyes? Looks like he's putting water on Aizawa's eyes but i don't understand how is this working, sorry for being dumb
Jun 27, 2020 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
I see lot's of Aizawa death flags.
Jun 27, 2020 2:25 AM

Mar 2020
Kiritinha said:
Can someone explain for me what Manual was doing with Aizawa's eyes? Looks like he's putting water on Aizawa's eyes but i don't understand how is this working, sorry for being dumb

well aizawa's eyes dry out easily and he blinks rather easily and since the villian now is God-level Shigaraki so he cannot afford to take his eyes off from him even for a microsecond else the heroes might lose so manual manipulated water to be around his eyes so as not to dry out while other heroes r tryin their best to defeat Shigaraki
Jun 27, 2020 9:01 AM

Jun 2017
Yeah! Like you can tell 2 would-be Heroes to just sit there and hide. 😒

Where's my boy Todoroki again? I forgot about him.😣

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 27, 2020 10:08 AM

Feb 2015
This arc has really hurt BnHA, they just keep asspulling powerups for Shigaraki and the villains and there's no way to fix that without equal asspulls on the other side. And a timeskip solution for the manga which is suppose to show the start to finish journey of the #1 hero doesn't really seem to fit. Really doesn't help that Shigaraki is just a plain boring villain.

This manga is doing everything wrong it can in this arc, and god it sucks to see another one of the great shounen faceplant. This is worse than Naruto powercreep. Dude literally curbstomped Endevour with no quirks, while he was being supported. What a joke. I didn't think any arc could be worse than the villain arc, can't say I expected a second villain arc to immediately come after and prove me wrong.
Jun 27, 2020 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
IM UFCKING CRYING IF AIZAWA DIES IM GONNA LOOSE IT HONESTLY all these death flags make me so nervous PLEASE NO
Jun 27, 2020 2:06 PM

Apr 2020
Shigaraki doing the victory pose was the best part of this chapter.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 27, 2020 5:45 PM

Jan 2009
people worried about heroes losing their quirks to All For One by Shigaraki lol dont because Eri is shown again and she can reverse that quirk loss no problems
Jun 27, 2020 6:00 PM

Jan 2020
Yautja said:
Really doesn't help that Shigaraki is just a plain boring villain.
Well, maybe. But I'd say that's just difference in taste. I absolutely love him as a villain. He's got some great development. Just compare the current him to the season1 Shiggy and he's grown by miles. He started out as a bratty, spoilt and overconfident villain and over time became a very intelligent and badass villain imo. Plus, what I really love abt him is that his development never felt sudden, he gradually grew over time and his views became more refined with time.

Yautja said:
Dude literally curbstomped Endevour with no quirks, while he was being supported. What a joke.
I'd disagree because Endeavour rushed in believing Aizawa erased all of Shiggy's powers. As a result he was very lax and Shiggy was able to take him overpower him quickly with brute strength.
Jun 28, 2020 6:27 AM
May 2016
Isn't it already cleary told in the past that OFA cannot be taken from the user without his will? So what's all the fuss about? (And Gran torino is also unaware of this,wth?)

I don't know whether Shigaraki knows about it or not, and him not knowing would make a good scene where he catches deku and deku thinks shigi will use decay but he doesn't, shigi laughs and tells that he will not give him an easy death, instead, he will leave him quirkless for life. Shigi uses AFO to steal, nothing happens, shocked he looks at Deku's face. Deku understand what shigi is trying to do and hit him him with on his smashes!
Jun 28, 2020 9:50 AM

Apr 2019
Deku really just ignored everything that Gran Torino said and just straight up tackled Shirgaraki.
Wonder what his plan is?
Jun 29, 2020 12:08 AM

Mar 2018
Ameen_Aftab said:
Isn't it already cleary told in the past that OFA cannot be taken from the user without his will? So what's all the fuss about? (And Gran torino is also unaware of this,wth?)

I don't know whether Shigaraki knows about it or not, and him not knowing would make a good scene where he catches deku and deku thinks shigi will use decay but he doesn't, shigi laughs and tells that he will not give him an easy death, instead, he will leave him quirkless for life. Shigi uses AFO to steal, nothing happens, shocked he looks at Deku's face. Deku understand what shigi is trying to do and hit him him with on his smashes!

I'm pretty sure that when they said OFA can't be stolen they were taking about someone ingesting OFA's holder DNA.
But in AFO's case it's a quirk designed to steal quirks so It's very likely to work if he tries.
Jun 29, 2020 12:18 AM
May 2016
Florent3571 said:
Ameen_Aftab said:

I'm pretty sure that when they said OFA can't be stolen they were taking about someone ingesting OFA's holder DNA.
But in AFO's case it's a quirk designed to steal quirks so It's very likely to work if he tries.
If we take that logic, then Monoma's quirk is copy, which is designed to copy quirks for a certain time limit, but when he tries to copy OFA, all he gets is a dud!

Also, AFO had 8 people before Deku from whom he could have stolen it, and except All might other users weren't even that strong. So why didn't he do it?
Jun 29, 2020 12:57 AM

Mar 2018
Ameen_Aftab said:
Florent3571 said:

If we take that logic, then Monoma's quirk is copy, which is designed to copy quirks for a certain time limit, but when he tries to copy OFA, all he gets is a dud!

Also, AFO had 8 people before Deku from whom he could have stolen it, and except All might other users weren't even that strong. So why didn't he do it?

Reread chapter 217, Monoma did copy OFA during Joint Training, but he only copied the ability to stockpile, not the accumulated strength, so he couldn't use it.

It's said that almost every time OFA was transfered, the previous owner was at the verge of death, meaning that AFO was never able to get his hands on it when the power was easily obtainable.
Jun 29, 2020 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
Shigaraki's specs is just too high now, so OP.
Jun 29, 2020 4:19 PM
Sep 2017
Yautja said:
This arc has really hurt BnHA, they just keep asspulling powerups for Shigaraki and the villains and there's no way to fix that without equal asspulls on the other side. And a timeskip solution for the manga which is suppose to show the start to finish journey of the #1 hero doesn't really seem to fit. Really doesn't help that Shigaraki is just a plain boring villain.

This manga is doing everything wrong it can in this arc, and god it sucks to see another one of the great shounen faceplant. This is worse than Naruto powercreep. Dude literally curbstomped Endevour with no quirks, while he was being supported. What a joke. I didn't think any arc could be worse than the villain arc, can't say I expected a second villain arc to immediately come after and prove me wrong.

Just for curiosity, wich route do you think would be better for the current arc? because it's seems you're liking nothing...
Jun 30, 2020 9:18 AM
May 2016
Florent3571 said:
Ameen_Aftab said:

Reread chapter 217, Monoma did copy OFA during Joint Training, but he only copied the ability to stockpile, not the accumulated strength, so he couldn't use it.

It's said that almost every time OFA was transfered, the previous owner was at the verge of death, meaning that AFO was never able to get his hands on it when the power was easily obtainable.

I re read it. From what i gathered, what he meant was a generalization. He stumbles across this type of quirks where stockpiled resources need to be converted into energy. As far as he knows Deku's quirk is super strength, he doesn't know about stockpile. He has made his own theory that whenever his copy doesn't work,the quirk must be of that nature.

Anyway, ur 2nd point doesn't make sense. Take for eg, Bald ofa user was on the verge of death when he gave it to Nana shimura, so why not go to inexperienced Nana and steal OFA. Even leaving the first(his brother) and all might,there are still 6 users from whom AFO could have stolen OFA. And how is it easily obtainable now? It has 8 users stored power and Shigaraki is still going directly for it, with pro heroes surrounding him and i am pretty sure AFO in his prime was around the same lv as Shigaraki now(& more intelligent & experienced)
Jun 30, 2020 2:39 PM

Mar 2018
Ameen_Aftab said:
Florent3571 said:

I re read it. From what i gathered, what he meant was a generalization. He stumbles across this type of quirks where stockpiled resources need to be converted into energy. As far as he knows Deku's quirk is super strength, he doesn't know about stockpile. He has made his own theory that whenever his copy doesn't work,the quirk must be of that nature.

Anyway, ur 2nd point doesn't make sense. Take for eg, Bald ofa user was on the verge of death when he gave it to Nana shimura, so why not go to inexperienced Nana and steal OFA. Even leaving the first(his brother) and all might,there are still 6 users from whom AFO could have stolen OFA. And how is it easily obtainable now? It has 8 users stored power and Shigaraki is still going directly for it, with pro heroes surrounding him and i am pretty sure AFO in his prime was around the same lv as Shigaraki now(& more intelligent & experienced)

Well for that 2nd point I only gave you my 2 cents about it. Since we don't know what happened back then we can only speculate and from my pov, AFO not stealing OFA earlier is not hard to imagine.
Jul 5, 2020 12:08 PM
Apr 2015
Zooz80 said:
Yautja said:

Just for curiosity, wich route do you think would be better for the current arc? because it's seems you're liking nothing...

He doesnt know, as strong as the villains are, Class 1-A , Deku, Bakugo and Shoto in particular will be at high levels. It only made sense to make Shigaraki stronger. I wish people would stop with the DBZ and Naruto comparisons for animes.
Aug 1, 2020 8:14 PM

May 2015
The baby rage in this thread is hilarious. A certain someone in particular is being VERY hyperbolic. xD

Aug 3, 2020 12:39 AM

Oct 2019
So are we not going to talk about how shigaraki can just use near allmight level power with no drawbacks to his body? What was the point of the entire journey the mc has been on .... oh yeah it was for a normal body to handle that kind of strength. Why dont the heroes have any of the quirk destroying bullets from before to use on him. Also is any one else just sick of shigaraki and wants him to go down so we can move on to a new arc? Dont get me wrong the character is still neat I just get sick of the This isnt even my final form guys.
Aug 6, 2020 3:02 AM

May 2016
Those months of agony Shigaraki went through weren't just for enhancing his Quirk after all, shit! Not even suppressing his powers are enough to take him down now that it's been revealed that the doctor's surgically modified his body to reach absurd levels of strength. The way he casually taunted Endeavor by imitating his iconic pose as he steps over him and Ryukyu was awesome yet horrifying.

Aizawa wanting to survive so he can see his students become heroes was so sad but his two favorite pupils were able to come in at the last second to save the day! As long as he keeps his eye on that monster, being turned into dust would be the last thing they'll have to worry about.

Apr 6, 2022 2:22 AM

Feb 2021
Bro his powerups keep stacking. He has some more High-End Nomus on the loose and now he has super strength too? If it's not on par with All Might's strength, it should be on par with Deku and Muscular at the very least. That is very concerning.

Aug 24, 2022 10:26 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
Nov 6, 2022 9:55 AM

May 2015
This is the sort of fight I like in MHA. Curious to see how this will be in Season 6.
Nov 8, 2022 9:51 PM

Apr 2021
Even without a quirk, Shigaraki's gotten strong. His physical strength alone is close to Almight's. And yeah Nomu's appear, perfect timing. It's upto Deku and Bakugo now!!!
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
transition chapter, all is ready to the great confrontation!!! kekeke
Jan 30, 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
Horikoshi really has been amping his art in the recent chapters, Makes reading such a blast!
This was an extremely action packed volume.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.