Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2020 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Sakura is so friendly. No wonder that new kid can get along with her.

Got to also see a bit of Anastasia's singing and piano skills. (maybe we'll see more of that later?) I'm kinda underwhelmed by the action but whatever. Clara should be more careful if she doesn't want to be taken again.
Apr 10, 2020 7:54 AM

Feb 2019
I’m probably like the only person watching this. Not gonna lie, I’m only finishing it out because I started it and never drop anything. I truthfully have no idea what’s going as I’ve not played the game that drops this month. I like sakura and the kubo designs, that’s about it
Apr 10, 2020 7:55 AM
Apr 2020
For those wondering, characters in the source game cutscenes were rendered in both 2D and 3D. Most characters are 3D in a 2D background, but some characters were left in 2D form.
Apr 10, 2020 8:08 AM

Jan 2014
Animation felt a little off in todays episode not gonna lie. Like I know it was weird to look at to begin with, but more that this weeks felt way more off in areas.

Plot could be fun though. It has it's interests.
Apr 10, 2020 9:13 AM
Apr 2020
Murasame Hakushuu, the white haired lady, is a supporting character from the source game.

She was designed by Shigenori Soejima, character designer for the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game franchises, and Catherine. Sega originally intended Murasame to be male, but Shigenori was able to negotiate to design Murasame as a woman.

For comparison, Dr Takemi from Persona 5. https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/8c/97/aa8c97979f4fcf80923450ea1ea46591.jpg
Apr 10, 2020 9:48 AM

Oct 2008
what haired lady voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki was just swave and would probably make girls squeel! lolz

Apr 10, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2018
Ya know they should've given Anastasia a Peacemaker or a Shofield , not that puny derringer.........

Oh C'mon Sakura the White Cape is already in front of you....
Apr 11, 2020 7:16 AM

Jun 2015
Sakura is so dumb it makes it funny. How could she not realise who the white cape was. Bless her. Now the question which needs asked, is what are these Russians about to do!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 11, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2010
I think now the things starts to run.
Sakura-chan how do you dont recognises your sensei? lol
Apr 12, 2020 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
That white cap guy most definitely isn't Sakura's teacher. She and that cape guy doesn't look similar at all.

Kinda funny episode and more mystery surrounding Klara. She's really cute so must protec her smile.
Apr 12, 2020 2:11 AM

Jan 2009
seems this anime can be viewed as a standalone show with all this character introductions

and damn Sakura is so dumb that she did not recognize the White Cape is her teacher all along

im liking the red hair tomboy girl already Hatsuho(?) im bad at memorizing such mouthful of a name
Apr 12, 2020 12:10 PM

Jun 2012
This episode felt a lot more focused, it had a coherent plotline from start to finish this time, and we actually got to see some of the defining traits of the characters. Problem is, these traits were pretty one-dimensional. Also, the character animation is doing a terrible job of rendering the nuances of body language and facial expressions which are really needed to pull you in to the characters' heads.

I'm also still kinda baffled by some of the director's choices with shot framing. One of the reasons why I'm not feeling the characters as much as I could is because the director doesn't use any sort of unique angles or POV shots or camera tricks to give the scenes more feeling and color, and opts for long takes over quicker cutting. The result is that so many of the dialog scenes are just these bland long-shots with every single character in the frame, and the camera holds for 10+ seconds while people just talk and talk and talk, mouths and faces barely visible and no defining sense of mood to color the conversation with. It feels really visually monotonous for that reason.

End result of all of this is that this show just feels really plodding and generic to me. Even with the hook of the series being introduced, I really had a hard time feeling like I was being pulled into this world or the internal struggles of these characters.
Apr 12, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2016
deg said:
seems this anime can be viewed as a standalone show with all this character introductions

and damn Sakura is so dumb that she did not recognize the White Cape is her teacher all along

im liking the red hair tomboy girl already Hatsuho(?) im bad at memorizing such mouthful of a name

Sakura has the same Lois Lane dementia I guess.

I was thinking at first that the White Cape is the grown up Remi from the Orig. Sakura Wars. Though I'm still of the opinion that Murasame Hakushuu could still be the adult Remi in incognito.
Apr 13, 2020 12:21 AM

Aug 2018
I eventually remembered the show which had a similar animation/style : Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai

Apr 14, 2020 11:40 AM

Sep 2018
I didn't expect much, as I said earlier, but this episoid amazed me a little, showing much more than I imagined. The narration piqued my attention and was interesting to follow. I also put this anime series on the list of those to follow in this spring 2020 season.
Apr 14, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, it's depressing how almost nobody's watching this, but I guess it's understandable. If I had the possibility to play the game, I would have put this on hold for example.

Does Sakura really not recognize her sensei? lol.

I'm really liking this show, it's very enjoyable even without having played the game.
SkyLETVApr 14, 2020 12:52 PM
Apr 17, 2020 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
TBH if the game drops, probably that will be the first thing I'll play, and then come back to this standalone show, but for whatever it is, it's still a fine one. Tite Kubo's character designs are pretty much still the apex, reagrdless of how this turns out.

Otorez said:
I eventually remembered the show which had a similar animation/style : Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai
Kinda, but not quite though.

Still pretty much a introduction for Klara into the Imperial Revue, whilst the danger of catalyst applies.

The same question applies: is Sakura really blind to NOT see her own Sensei?

IDK...this is turning out to be another Azur Lane, hopefully it'll be decent.

Apr 18, 2020 7:27 AM
Apr 2020
Oh Sakura~~~~ *facepalm*
Apr 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Nov 2009
so far it's interesting with some minor humor in it.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 21, 2020 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
Lmao. Sakura is such an airhead.

Klara blaming herself. But she's still adorable.

So the Russian Combat Revue will be the new enemy now?

Jun 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
Disappointed with how Azami was portrayed in this episode. It felt out of character for her to just chill at salon - during free time events in game she's always shown either running around town munching on manju or patrolling the theater the ninja way, meaning it's hard to spot her. If i remember correctly there were only a few instances in which she were just standing there normally waiting for you to interact with her.

Also sad we didn't get to see Itsuki during character introductions, i bet she would be head over heels for such a cute new troupe member. Though on the second thought it was always just Kamiyama she was interacting with, so the revue members probably aren't really familiar with her.

It was also weird to see Sakura try to introduce Clara to Hakushu immediately when in the actual game they interacted exactly once basically just saying hello and then, once again, it was Kamiyama talking to Hakushu for the rest of the game. What i mean is i'm pretty sure the other team members weren't introduced to her yet, except maybe Hatsuho. I guess they just needed to establish Hakushu somehow as she will play a pivotal role in anime plot given all the screen time she received so far. Speaking about which, was that kid in the beginning a demon? If so, given how Hakushu protected him, is she striving for peace with demons?

The action scene turned out surprisingly decent, showcasing each girl's fighting style and featuring an enjoyable choreography despite being done in 3D.

It was indeed quite retarded of Sakura to not recognize Hakushu as White Cape, as well as wondering how does anyone know her name when at this point she's a famous actress in this city.

Sakura's plea to trust their new family member sounds naive considering how one of their 'family' members turned out to be a traitor not so long ago.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 8, 2020 12:40 AM

Jul 2015
This iteration's flower division is pretty weak, only getting a scratch on the black cape guy/robot/thing

So Sakura both knows and doesn't know White cape....I mean it would be a pretty huge coincidence to meet a WHITE haired person wearing white clothes after chasing a WHITE haired person who also wears white clothes....

Oct 10, 2022 9:06 AM
Dec 2017
deg said:

Play the original games for sakes, because its best if you fucking do so, if you wanna have a better time watching this

OT

No matter what generation Sakura will always be a cute densey air head

Mod edit: swearing removed
-DxP-Jan 20, 2023 9:12 AM

Oct 10, 2022 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
Crow_Black said:
deg said:

Play the original games for sakes, because its best if you fucking do so, if you wanna have a better time watching this

OT

No matter what generation Sakura will always be a cute densey air head

i do not have money for games dude lol even if i did im too lazy to play games

Mod edit: quote edited
-DxP-Jan 20, 2023 9:15 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2020

19 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 4, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

61 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 1, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

15 by Magito »»
Oct 18, 2022 5:19 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2020

14 by Wakashimazu »»
Oct 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

29 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.