Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2020 2:56 AM
Mar 2012
This OP song so nostalgic even tho i haven't played the game or seen prequels.
Action quite good, sanzigen's CG quality with good character designs, but a few awkward face shots.
She called Snowflake really!?
Infodump parts very dry, all the usual plot tropes and could've shown the info in more active ways.
Apr 17, 2020 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Honestly it was disappointing... I liked the game, but anime hmm not really. I'm not buying this Moscow Division story.

I will finish it though since I'm big Sakura Wars fan.
Apr 24, 2020 3:43 PM

Nov 2009
___ ___ ___

So... we're going with the 3D character models (which most "Idol" anime uses to save time)

Tho I do miss the OP, it was one of the best anime song back years ago.

Speaking of years ago... Sakura Wars used to be extremely popular, so much that almost everyone that knew anime knew about this series (it was pretty much the "Big 3" before the "Big 3" appeared) (it was right next to Evangelion in term of popularity)

But looks like this series isn't getting much attention, mainly because times has changed and the genres that people like also changed. Plus, since the first series, there has been a lot of other better series that's similar to Sakura Wars with better graphic, story line, etc etc.

It's one of the reason why in 20 years, they never made another series until now.

They only do it now, because of DBZ, who rebooted the series and made it semi-popular again. Which is also why there has been a lot of other series that's doing Reboot/ Remake/ Remaster now... they're trying to give those series attention again and boost sales that has dwindled as people move onto new series merchs.

___ ___ ___

working at an essential store sucks, while everyone is at home watching anime, I am here working hard and trying to find time to watch anime >_<
amlgApr 24, 2020 3:54 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Dec 2009
Didn't expect this to start with a phantom thief. The animation could be better but the CGI is good overall, this could look really good if it was interpolated.
Didn't know much about this so i didn't expect it to be Meiji era Macross, one of the girls looks straight up from Love Live. The demon girl's design was awful, but i like the rest of the designs, specially the mech with a straight up book for casting spells, that was fun.
Jun 14, 2020 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
Uh oh, looks like they really went with canonizing Sakura as Seijuro's love interest. Very questionable decision, i don't think any previous installment in the franchise dared to declare one of the girls routes to be canonical.

The visuals were straight up awful- a choppy, poorly detailed 3D, i can see now why this anime has such a low score.

Also why the hell was Sakura piloting a Mugen? In the game, hers got destroyed and she was given an Obu, which is a better mech, so why change back into Mugen now? Hope this will be explained in the following episodes, otherwise it looks like the studio was cutting costs on 3D models.

P.s. Tencent Japan on production commitee, these chinese guys are everywhere nowadays, aren't they?
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 7, 2020 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
Never played the games and only watched the old anime, sure didn't expected this to be animated in cgi which doesn't look to bad but a bit too stiff.

Pretty sure this takes place after the new game's story since it feel as if this is an afterstory. The new team really feels similiar to the original flower division especially Sakura who looks like a carbon copy of...Sakura..

Jul 24, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2019
It's decent enough, but i plan on playing the game so i'll pause it for now and come back if i want more of those characters.
Dec 28, 2020 1:07 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
I'll forgive the CGI because Sumire is here and because of that kickass OP
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Feb 9, 2021 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
When you've seen the first 3 minutes of the first episode and you can already it's going to be bad, yet you keep watching cause shitty anime is your thing...
Oct 10, 2022 9:04 AM
Dec 2017
its pretty obvious who that vigilante is if you played the game lol

Dec 4, 2023 12:07 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Drop it, the song is good but the story is worse especially about that love thing annoying
Mar 1, 3:11 PM

Dec 2022
Uh, am I the only one that's excited to see the cast back together? Loved the game and this first episode was a warm return.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2020

19 by yakisobaman »»
Mar 4, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

15 by Magito »»
Oct 18, 2022 5:19 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2020

14 by Wakashimazu »»
Oct 11, 2022 11:36 PM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

29 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:29 AM

Poll: » Shin Sakura Taisen the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 10, 2022 9:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.