Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 7, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's like fighting a boss monster (Tiamat) together and keeping up the hopes. They even added an insert song to make the battle feel very important.

Enkidu and his speech though...damn. He's come a long way. Glad this episode was worth waiting for after the short break.
Mar 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well, Merlin and Azrael will change the fate of the battle. However, I wanted to see Gorgon avenger but not big changes from Gorgon's original model if I am right the game did presented those changes. On the other hand, Beast II Tiamat model is not that bad either maybe the lighting angles helped a bit. The episode was acceptable but not epic.

Mar 7, 2020 8:29 AM

Aug 2016
Holy hell what a stacked episode. We got Gorgon, Ishtar, Kingu using their NP's, Enkidu's speech, that look from Gilgamesh :( Merlin and Gramps too. I honestly wasn't expecting him to appear in this episode. The only downfall I could find is that the episode went a little too fast and I'm not a big fan of the new CG Tiamat.

Also Gilgamesh tired so hard that his sweat gone upwards lmao.
KozisMar 7, 2020 8:50 AM
Mar 7, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
Old man is here, and he brings death.

Also i will have nightmares tonight from that horrendous CGI.
Mar 7, 2020 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
AZRAEL! GRAMPS HOLY SHIT!

Who would have ever imagined that a Fate show would be underrated and under-watched, but this is criminally under-appreciated outside of FGO fans. Cloverworks have put together some of the best animation I've ever seen, but because it's not a Ufotable name it hasn't been getting the same love.

Ishtar and Enkidu's NPs were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined them. The episode felt like a double feature. We got so much amazing shit from Enkidu's final goodbye, to Gilgamesh, to Merlin and of course the finale. Next week will be the dreaded 11 Lahmu fight lol
Mar 7, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
i already read whats gonna happen next and wow is this episode too fast pace is it the ending next week already? lol so the final episode might be the final singularity?

ah well Ishtar says it best

Mar 7, 2020 8:46 AM

Dec 2013
Marinate1016 said:
Who would have ever imagined that a Fate show would be underrated and under-watched, but this is criminally under-appreciated outside of FGO fans. Cloverworks have put together some of the best animation I've ever seen, but because it's not a Ufotable name it hasn't been getting the same love.

You can blame first half of the season.
It was honestly average af by then, but it got amazing around eps 13-14.
Mar 7, 2020 8:51 AM
Aug 2019
NO! We are left on a cliffhanger.
So Ana/Gorgon came in and now she's dead, then Kingu helped is he gone too now?
And Gilgamesh also died rip T_T . But Merlin is here.
Also, I've been seeing a lot of hype around the old man who is Grand Caster class right and he's the first Hassan.
I'm anime-only so I don't know what comes next but I'm really hype for next episode.

Mar 7, 2020 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
Tellatez said:

And Gilgamesh also died rip T_T . But Merlin is here.
Also, I've been seeing a lot of hype around the old man who is Grand Caster class right and he's the first Hassan.

Solomon is Grand Caster (so is Merlin). Hassan/Ziusdura is another class: hint it brings death, what could be death related?
Mar 7, 2020 8:54 AM
Jan 2018
Episode 8- I was screaming with hype

Episode 11- I was hype over all of the Singularity's cameos

Episode 13- I was laughing at Ereshkigal's cuteness

Since Episode 15, terrified of the Lahmus. Didn't mind Tiamat's look that much (fitting, considering that her out-of-place nature in-lore fits with the out-of-place CGI), and Ishtar's NP was awesome. Quetz's NP was awesome. Both of them.

This took the damn cake. Ana's Pandemonium Cetus, Ishtar's 2nd NP, Merlin's reappearance, Gramps' entrance FINALLY here...

...But the best part was probably Kingu. Like Gilgamesh said, that Enuma Elish, and Enkidu and Gil's friendship and connection has been burned into my mind. I freaking cried, man. "Tell Me" is too good of a song.

And thanks to that, the Primordial Mother has fallen to hell, and will know Death.
Mar 7, 2020 8:58 AM

May 2015
Meh... The whiplash in direction from last episode to this was rough and pacing was fast again because??? I already said I was satisfied with this adaptation before, but that's really just as a fan. This episode content wise had WAY more potential than last week but awkward storyboard and script killed it a bit. Probably closer to a 4/5 but I'll give it 5 because of the insert song
EmblemzMar 7, 2020 9:03 AM

Mar 7, 2020 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode as always.

Ana!! It's sad to see her go out not once but twice. :(

Can someone enlighten me on Caster Gil's exact circumstances? If I understand correctly, he donated most of his treasury inside Gate of Babylon to the people so I assume his armory is not as strong as his Archer state, is EA also sealed? If so, is it because he decided not to use or is it because he can't? I assume EA won't work on Tiamat cause of the paradox they explained previously but even then, why does Gil not use to it to at the very least stall Tiamat?
At what point in Gilgamesh's epic is Archer Gil based on? Caster Gil appears to be the very end and he's far more mature and wiser but where does Archer Gil fit into his story. Both of them are supposedly after his quest for immortality right?

Cas Gil NP was great and damn when he took that shot for Ritsuka and still went on to use his NP. That undying warrior spirit.
Enkidu with Enuma Elish was awesome and damn those flashback images with him and Gil. That special ED insert too. :(

Ishtar NP was beautiful as expected, thank you for all the Ishtar love Cloverworks. <3
That shot of Gil smiling and falling as the ground collapses. T.T

Eresh being adorable even in the midst of a serious scenario.

Merlin and eventually Hassan's appearance at the very end was epic as hell. Can't wait to see more. Last two episodes are gonna be crazy.
Lelouch0202Mar 7, 2020 9:07 AM
Mar 7, 2020 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
This weeks episode wasn't put together as well i hoped but it was still good. I'm still hoping the last 2 bring it up another level. The way they executed the last episode was so much better.

I felt as if they downplayed Gorgon's part too much with how much they rushed this episode. It was awesome to see all the noble phantasms and more Ereshkigal screentime. Merlin's return and King Hassan's appearance has me hyped!
JaveraMar 7, 2020 9:22 AM
Mar 7, 2020 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
King Hassan's appearance was just perfect
All the lines kept, the soundtrack equal to the game, his design was wonderful
Incredible episode
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Mar 7, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2016
Marinate1016 said:

No it's because it's fate grand order. Story is thin as paper and outside of cool fights and sexy waifus there's nothing in it.
Mar 7, 2020 9:12 AM

Apr 2013
Medusa... yet another sad farewell.
Merlin that glorious scoundrel
Gilgamesh was amazing too that smile when they parted on their way to underworld though

Highlight was Kingu. Kingu's entry and him unleashing Enuma Elish was cool. The Chain of Heavens stopped Tiamat until she was dragged down into the Underworld.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 7, 2020 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
Honestly, the whole episode was excellent, maybe a little rushed, but the King Hassan scene was so perfect that I can't complain
Mar 7, 2020 9:17 AM
Jun 2015
I just don't know why they did this pacing.. it's epic that they did showing every noble phantasm but i kinda didn't felt this episode as epic as the last one. Im sorry CloverWorks but i think you did an oopsie directing this episode :(, or maybe they should've cut the opening to fit the content really well. In another hand i'll be happy if they release the director's cut of this eps just like rezero did 2/5

Btw the scene of Enuma Elish and First Hassan was really epic 5/5

That cgi tho sometimes looks weird, sometimes looks better 4/5

Sound effect? Nah its already 5/5

Overall 3/5, sorry CloverWorks. Maybe you should've fit this content in 1 and a half episode if they want the last episode will be "that"
nakazawasenMar 7, 2020 9:24 AM
Mar 7, 2020 9:17 AM
Sep 2012
10/10 as usual

I just love everything about babylonia!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 7, 2020 9:18 AM

Feb 2014
Everyone plays their own part once they are summoned in life. Each one ends fulfilling their destiny. And its all these actions that fulfill the conditions for that final hope in the end.

Gorgon/Ana did her part holding Tiamat so that she could create that bit of a chance to regroup.
Kingu, though living as an alternate did the very thing he as wanted, binding the divine.
Gil did his best to see the end through his very own eyes. The true vigor of a king, protecting what he held dear; the will. He also held on to lose his only friend for the second time though the later was with pride.
Merlin finally intercepts as his true self and revitalizes the lost hope.
And all these actions led to the fulfillment of the conditions for a Grand Servant to appear, King Hassan enters the final showdown to mow down the Beast II.
AZRAEL!!!

Also on the other hand the staff did an amazing work with the action sequences and the BGM this episode. That Tell me tune dropped right in the amazing scene.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 7, 2020 9:21 AM

Aug 2012
Was adding Anna's voice to Gorgon really necessary? Why you have to make me more sad about her fate :/

That smile

Mar 7, 2020 9:30 AM

Sep 2010
So apparently, Milet wrote Prover and Tell me based on the relationship between Gilgamesh and Kingu (and Enkidu?). Specifically, "Tell Me" is from the POV sending off the person you love.
Mar 7, 2020 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
Gil the GOAT, Sayonara the ancient king of Babylonia. Sayonara to Anna and Kingu too. Well this it folks, the final battle starts and the old man of the mountain has finally joined the battle. Ayy the first Hassan is here.

deg said:
i already read whats gonna happen next and wow is this episode too fast pace is it the ending next week already? lol so the final episode might be the final singularity?

Dunno what u read but there's still half of chapter 21 and entire chapter 22 from game still left.
MegamiRemMar 7, 2020 9:53 AM
Mar 7, 2020 9:45 AM

May 2019
good episode
a little rushed
and the CGI was weird
but gilgamesh and enkidu moments where awesome
and marlin is back !!!

4/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Mar 7, 2020 10:09 AM

Sep 2016
Lol Ereshkigal literally gave Fujimaru&Co CHAKRA FEET!

Anyway. He's here! Finally!

Next week for a proper full body shot of him, and action.
FullyChargedMar 7, 2020 10:21 AM
bruh
Mar 7, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
THE EVENING BELL HAS TOLLED THY NAME, B**CH!

Merlin entrance was simply beautiful

Ana, Kingu/Enkidu, Gilgamesh..... you all have done well....
Mar 7, 2020 10:20 AM

Mar 2015
They could try harder to put a more concise show, everything is happening too fast, the first half of the episode by itself could have been one full episode.

Not to mention the bad CGI, but everyone knows about that already.

Still, so many good moments, and so many good characters, I stand by my opinion on the first few episodes, if this was a stand-alone story, without the Grand Order thing, it would be fantastic.
Mar 7, 2020 10:36 AM

May 2016
Nice episode and all, but where tf is Jaguar Warrior? They straight up cut out all her scenes these past couple of episodes.
Mar 7, 2020 10:37 AM
May 2017
literally flipped a chair from excitement went the old man was revealed
Mar 7, 2020 10:38 AM
May 2017
Reshiram_IX said:
Nice episode and all, but where tf is Jaguar Warrior? They straight up cut out all her scenes these past couple of episodes.

im pretty sure she returns from what my friends have said
Mar 7, 2020 10:40 AM
May 2017
lezerman said:
They could try harder to put a more concise show, everything is happening too fast, the first half of the episode by itself could have been one full episode.

Still, so many good moments, and so many good characters, I stand by my opinion on the first few episodes, if this was a stand-alone story, without the Grand Order thing, it would be fantastic.

idk if id say bad cgi
you have to give the animators some leeway and drawing tiamat in every scene would be impossible under regular constraints
id call it a necessary evil
Mar 7, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2017
GLORIOUS AF!!!

Old man got the entrance that he deserve and we got a 2nd take on Ishtar's NP also Eresh being so Eresh!

PS
That Gil's smile tho :(
Dudi4PoLFrMar 7, 2020 10:45 AM
Mar 7, 2020 10:42 AM
May 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

Can someone enlighten me on Caster Gil's exact circumstances? If I understand correctly, he donated most of his treasury inside Gate of Babylon to the people so I assume his armory is not as strong as his Archer state, is EA also sealed? If so, is it because he decided not to use or is it because he can't? I assume EA won't work on Tiamat cause of the paradox they explained previously but even then, why does Gil not use to it to at the very least stall Tiamat?
At what point in Gilgamesh's epic is Archer Gil based on? Caster Gil appears to be the very end and he's far more mature and wiser but where does Archer Gil fit into his story. Both of them are supposedly after his quest for immortality right?

Cas Gil NP was great and damn when he took that shot for Ritsuka and still went on to use his NP. That undying warrior spirit.
Enkidu with Enuma Elish was awesome and damn those flashback images with him and Gil. That special ED insert too. :(

Ishtar NP was beautiful as expected, thank you for all the Ishtar love Cloverworks. <3

Merlin and eventually Hassan's appearance at the very end was epic as hell. Can't wait to see more. Last two episodes are gonna be crazy.
her voice in the gorgons body felt so wrong tho XD
Mar 7, 2020 10:47 AM
Sep 2017
People underestimate it half cour, but the one who play and read the whole story know that this is the BEST SINGULARITY!
Mar 7, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2013
Arent y'all overexaggerating the cgi again,,,, at this point im convinced 90% of you have no idea what real bad cgi is lol this is rly decent, maybe a couple of shots could have been blended better but they pass so quickly u dont even rly notice tbh

anyway, the ep was good, it did feel very fast but i re read the chapters like 2 days ago and except for something minor like
everything was covered so lol ig it just feels longer in the game thanks to the battles.
Mar 7, 2020 11:00 AM

May 2015
Tiamat will fall.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 7, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Another amazing episode.

Gorgan using Ana's voice was just too sad. :(

It was awesome seeing all those noble phantasms. Especially Ishtar's one again. And Eresh was just cute.

RIP Gilgamesh. You truly are a great King. :(

I was so happy when Merlin appeared. Fou's reaction to Merlin was funny. Fou really hates that guy.
Hassan is here.

Two more episodes to go.

Mar 7, 2020 11:06 AM

Mar 2015
DeitysDynasty said:
lezerman said:

idk if id say bad cgi
you have to give the animators some leeway and drawing tiamat in every scene would be impossible under regular constraints

It's not that it's bad because it's cgi, the cgi could be looking good if it was well done, sadly that was not the case.
Mar 7, 2020 11:09 AM

Aug 2017
Mika-taicho said:
Arent y'all overexaggerating the cgi again,,,, at this point im convinced 90% of you have no idea what real bad cgi is lol this is rly decent, maybe a couple of shots could have been blended better but they pass so quickly u dont even rly notice tbh

True, I always had a huge fear that they would make a horrible and fake Tiamat Dragonoid, but CGI was really good at it, the model is very detailed and it was very good on the stage
Mar 7, 2020 11:16 AM
May 2017
lezerman said:
DeitysDynasty said:

idk if id say bad cgi

It's not that it's bad because it's cgi, the cgi could be looking good if it was well done, sadly that was not the case.

Youre kinda expecting a little much because its in a 2D anime and its a prominent figure
do you know any other anime which did it better?
Mar 7, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:

deg said:

Dunno what u read but there's still half of chapter 21 and entire chapter 22 from game still left.

ah ok i read it here btw SPOILERS obviously https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Babylonia_Singularity so ye it feels like 1 episode is enough to wrap this all up
Mar 7, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
MegamiRem said:

ah ok i read it here btw SPOILERS obviously https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Babylonia_Singularity so ye it feels like 1 episode is enough to wrap this all up

I play FGO bruh! It's been long since I cleared Babylonia but as far as I remember Hassan came at the mid part of chapter 21 and
Mar 7, 2020 11:35 AM

Apr 2015
Man, this was really really good until the end. And the end was still great! Its just...

I don't know how to fix it off the top of my head, but, as great as they did with the reveal, putting at the end really neutered the reward of FINALLY breaking through tiamat's defenses. That should've flowed directly into the strike.

Now to be clear, given the content, there's almost no other place to end it. After this, its straight fights. This is the start of the push back. I feel like, I _really_ feel like, they should've forced a cliffhanger with the mud flairing up and filled in the time with something else. I really wanted to see the moment fully through, no ending pause.

I suppose we'll have to see the execution in the next episode.

but on the plus side, holy shit that kingu scene is insane. The amount of effort they put into his side story and the relevance it has to what the point is at the end of all this is is just so thematically relevant. They clearly recognized that when story boarding his part. Haha

the final fight is not call "childhoods end" for nothing, yknow. I don't blame them for putting priority for it over Hassan's scene in that sense.

EDIT: and sorry I have no idea what peoples problem is with the CG I just literally don't get it im sorry.
EmphaticPikachuMar 7, 2020 11:39 AM
Mar 7, 2020 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
Lelouch0202 said:

Archer Gil is before he returned from his quest for immortality. They explain it in the beginning of the series.

Just in case, Gil in Babylonia is a living person not a Servant.

Ea would take long to take out if it's locked in the vault (remember back in Zero). The way he uses his armory as "Caster" isnt really weaker. Ea is what makes the difference and it wouldn't change much against Taimat anyway.

Mar 7, 2020 12:00 PM
Jul 2019
Wtf so what the Gorgon simply did was just buy them a few minutes more from that Tiamat?????
Mar 7, 2020 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
it does feel like a really weird cop out sometimes to explain what feels like a huge personality shift, but

archer gil is indeed from before immortality search where he learned his lesson over months and years of searching. This gil went through that directly. So he's way more "mature."

but Archer gil isn't like...unaware this happened, he just didn't experience it iirc? it's like reading a book to him i think. "oh this is what I did huh", type of feeling. It doesn't have the same pull on him as if he experienced the character development himself. He is generally summoned directly from his "prime" in grail wars.

Archer/previous gil explains his backstory in CCC, so he's clearly aware of it unless there's details i don't know cause i can't read CCC fully that separate it from the one we know.
Mar 7, 2020 12:12 PM

Aug 2017
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Wtf so what the Gorgon simply did was just buy them a few minutes more from that Tiamat?????

She destroyed Tiamat horn, and Tiamat uses her horns to fly on this form, she would never fall to the underworld if she could fly
Mar 7, 2020 12:33 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I watched this with my good headphones on. A wise choice. Whoever did the sound effects on this show deserves a raise. They are nothing short of spectacular.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 7, 2020 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
ssjokg said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Archer Gil is before he returned from his quest for immortality. They explain it in the beginning of the series.

Just in case, Gil in Babylonia is a living person not a Servant.

Ea would take long to take out if it's locked in the vault (remember back in Zero). The way he uses his armory as "Caster" isnt really weaker. Ea is what makes the difference and it wouldn't change much against Taimat anyway.

Thanks. Yeah, I know he's a living person and not a servant.
Mar 7, 2020 12:56 PM
Oct 2017
Everyone going on and on and on about "awkward script" "bad storyboard" "rushed" "too fast" completely ignoring the fact that ??? nothing was cut in this episode besides Enkidu's chains holding Tiamat for an hour.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.