Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 22, 2020 11:37 AM
Feb 2015
Finest episode so far. Brimming with nice touches = the streak of blood in Kingu's hair, Gil's silent farewell to Siduri or Quetz's final wink to Ritsuka. (shame they cut out the kiss though)

Tiamat looks sooo much better now, hope they are able to touch up her appearance in the previous episode for blu-ray.

deg said:

when did Gilgamesh befriended Siduri? before his playboy days or after his playboy days? lol just curious

End crawl for episode 16 reveals that Siduri was already part of the palace staff back when he was the kid we see in Prisma Illya.
Feb 22, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
My new fav episode yet from this show
Feb 22, 2020 11:47 AM
Dec 2017
Simply majestic episode
Feb 22, 2020 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Holy fucking shit what an episode

The fate series truly is better when Ufotable is not animating it

Depending on how the last 3 episodes are done, this could actually land in my favorites. That is truly an amazing accomplishment
Feb 22, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2018
Holy shit!!! It's been a while since I've seen a bombastic episode like this. Absolutely insane!
Feb 22, 2020 12:34 PM

Feb 2019
Swagernator said:
If this song was not playing inside your head during that scene ..

.. you watched it wrong.

Best girl (who peeps thought is ded) here to stop the big moma. Next week last recap, and then big finale in the last three episodes.

Lmao

Holy shit this episode is hype asf, amazing! 2D tiamat is damn beautiful
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Feb 22, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2018
Did Gilgamesh just gave Enkido the holy grail?????

Welp, can say that Quetz has just kicked the bucket????
Feb 22, 2020 1:22 PM

Mar 2015
Swagernator said:
ssjokg said:

But Enkidu has no gender, we just use male pronouns because he actually slept with a woman.And then he created his image based on her.He is more female than male.

Wow that sounded weird even before I posted it.

Dont tell that to me, tell that to them .. they seem to really like Girl x That giant forest monster who was enkidu originally. Guess they are all into trees or some shit.

You talk as if people are getting things out of thin air, this is based on a story with thousands of different interpretations that vary based on the historians you ask, so treating something for granted is not the best thing to do, neither is getting triggered because of a ship in an anime.

Feb 22, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
That little glimpse of Siduri, it still hurts :(

That speech Gilgamesh gave was powerful, that was so good and worthy of being a King!!

Omg, this episode was LIT! Quetzalcoatl stealing the spotlight this episode with her Noble Phantasm Piedra Del Sol! The animation during this battle was pretty epic. I didn't expect Gorgon to show up again! What a cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode!! Which sadly isn't next week..

Rip Benkei & Ushiwakamaru... Now still hoping that Quetzalcoatl has used up just her energy and didn't die herself during that attack...
Feb 22, 2020 2:19 PM

May 2015
I'm not hardcore fan of Fate series (only some anime adaptations) and I never played any game of Fate franchise, but I always thought that servant have only one NP and it takes a lot of masters mana to fire even one of this kind of ultimate attack. Quetzalcoatl just used two or that comet/metor stuff was some kind of suicidal attack of hers?

Anyway, great episode. Quetzalcoatl was real beast.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2020 2:23 PM

May 2016
Hats down to best episode of the season.

FrozenRaider said:
I'm not hardcore fan of Fate series (only some anime adaptations) and I never played any game of Fate franchise, but I always thought that servant have only one NP and it takes a lot of masters mana to fire even one of this kind of ultimate attack. Quetzalcoatl just used two or that comet/metor stuff was some kind of suicidal attack of hers?

It looked like it cuz her body was broken apart.
Feb 22, 2020 2:23 PM
Aug 2014
Watching Servants burn away their lives to achieve victory is what I love in Fate anime
Feb 22, 2020 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
FrozenRaider said:

No, servants can have multiple noble phantasms ( in game - FGO they have one per class: Ex Quetz has two class, one ruler and one Rider ) but in anime there's actually no boundary for them to use the noble phantasms they own, since noble phantasms are techniques, weapons or special attacks that they mastered through their life/represents their myth.

Piedra del Sol is one, ( which is not her main Noble phantasm in game but a special card that is achieved via bonding with her, but can also be a noble phantasm for another Quetzalcoatl Class )
And Xiuhcoatl, the second one she used, is her main FGO Rider noble phantasm. And is not suicidal at all. Her NP basically seals the enemy Noble Phantasm and burns them. Is just very powerful and she didn't had her whole divinity to fully control the colateral damage.
Also
Feb 22, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
lezerman said:
You talk as if people are getting things out of thin air, this is based on a story with thousands of different interpretations that vary based on the historians you ask, so treating something for granted is not the best thing to do, neither is getting triggered because of a ship in an anime.

How about, next time you do both of us a service and don't quote me huh ? How about that.
Feb 22, 2020 2:47 PM

May 2015
Veromaye said:
FrozenRaider said:

No, servants can have multiple noble phantasms ( in game - FGO they have one per class: Ex Quetz has two class, one ruler and one Rider ) but in anime there's actually no boundary for them to use the noble phantasms they own, since noble phantasms are techniques, weapons or special attacks that they mastered through their life/represents their myth.

Piedra del Sol is one, ( which is not her main Noble phantasm in game but a special card that is achieved via bonding with her, but can also be a noble phantasm for another Quetzalcoatl Class )
And Xiuhcoatl, the second one she used, is her main FGO Rider noble phantasm. And is not suicidal at all. Her NP basically seals the enemy Noble Phantasm and burns them. Is just very powerful and she didn't had her whole divinity to fully control the colateral damage.
Also

I see. Thanks for informations. It was really helpful.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2020 2:57 PM

Mar 2015
Swagernator said:
lezerman said:

How about, next time you do both of us a service and don't quote me huh ? How about that.

Well, it's not my fault that you are in an open forum, but since you are already here you can always opt into not posting.
Feb 22, 2020 3:01 PM
Jul 2015
deg said:
btw is there any hints of romance between Gilgamesh and Siduri? since clearly Gilgamesh is missing her in this episode

You don't have to be romantically involved with each other to miss someone from the opposite sex my dude.
Feb 22, 2020 3:02 PM

Aug 2010
zasshu95 said:
As an anime-only, I can't even begin to put into words how blown away by this show I've been. I was expected something like Apocrypha - a shitty story with nice animation - but this has legitimately been incredible so far from a self-contained narrative standpoint and has done a fantastic job making the audience invested in the supporting characters.

This episode was honestly comparable to the best moments from the Unlimited Blade Works and the Heaven's Feel anime adaptations. I'm so damn excited to see how the last 3 episodes go.

Well, unlike Apocrypha, Babylonia and Camelot were written by Nasu, the author of F/SN himself. The story being above average at the very least, assuming the studio competently adapts his text, is kind of a given.

If you liked Babylonia, make sure to watch the Camelot movies when they come out too. It's as beloved as Babylonia by the players of the game for the quality of its writing as well.
Feb 22, 2020 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
JakkoFourEyes said:
deg said:
btw is there any hints of romance between Gilgamesh and Siduri? since clearly Gilgamesh is missing her in this episode

You don't have to be romantically involved with each other to miss someone from the opposite sex my dude.

i know im just curious if he treats her as more than friends or even friends with benefits that i still find romantic
Feb 22, 2020 3:07 PM
Jul 2015
FrozenRaider said:

Servants can have more than one NP. Diarmiud in F/Z had two for example, since both his spears were a seperate NP. And then there's Gilgamesh, who's weapons are all NPs.
In the game, sure, everyone has one NP, but lorewise, that's not really the case.
Feb 22, 2020 3:08 PM

Apr 2009
I did complain about the last episode - a lot, yep - but damn did they deliver with this one. Just wanna say ggthx, don't fuck up the next one, lads.

(5/5, loved it throughout)

Feb 22, 2020 3:08 PM
Jul 2015
deg said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

i know im just curious if he treats her as more than friends or even friends with benefits that i still find romantic

I think he just really cared about her, but likely not in a romantic way
Feb 22, 2020 3:19 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly impressed with Fujimaru in this episode. He used his head, calm and leading the group.

Ballsy moves like kicking the dinosaur to avoid Ushiwaka's attacks...why wasn't like this even before? Shit, he was almost cool.

Sad they cutted the kiss. Rest of the episode was PURE PERFECTION. Quetz is so fucking badass!

Great Speech from Gilgamesh aswell, i was hyped. MMh, they used the last command spell...i wonder what can even do Ritsuka from this point and forward.
Feb 22, 2020 3:21 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! With the odds ridiculously stacked against them, Ritsuka and his friends do everything they can to stop Tiamat's advance. This episode was really good at showcasing the heroes' struggles, both psychological and physical, and their determination to fight even in the harshest of times. Much like Commander Shepard, Ritsuka pushes himself really hard to get his team through and every loss in his team weighs heavily upon him. I think he's one of the most relatable anime protagonists in recent memory, because we're part of his journey as much as the Servants are. This has been an amazing episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 22, 2020 3:31 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty solid episode all around. For me though, the highlight is still Gorgon turning up for some good old kaiju rampage. The timing for her entrance was on point.
Feb 22, 2020 4:04 PM

Aug 2018
Okay I must confess ... this was fucking epic, like this 24 minute episode alone were more climatic than the entirety of Apocrypha lmao

I don't know how they achieved to put uninterrupted sakuga for so long but still it was a pure bad-ass from start to end, I still can't buy those bastards in Chaldea discussing about coffee taste in an end of the world scenario but anyway.

I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR GILGAMESH, ALL HAIL THE KING OF HEROES, FUCCCKKK YEAAAHHHHH THAT'S HOW YOU DO A MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH !

Benkei appearing like "I'm Deus Ex Machina, wonder where I was ? don't care I'm here to help you lads" his sacrifice was fantastic tho, too bad Ushiwaka stayed insane until the end.

The escalation of Quetz pure destruction is completely out of scale BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE IT WAS TOTAL ROLAN EMMERICH LEVEL OF EXPLOSION GOD DAMNNN !

Gorgon coming out of nowhere gave goosebumps and was perfectly sync with the ed I loved it, less bullshit comedy, more hype please.
James-LastOmnicMay 3, 2020 6:45 AM
Feb 22, 2020 4:15 PM

May 2019
James-LastOmnic said:
Okay I must confess ... this was fucking epic, like this 22 episodes alone were more climatic than the entirety of Apocrypha lmao

I don't know how they achieved to put uninterrupted sakuga for so long but still it was a pure bad-ass from start to end, I still can't buy those bastards in Chaldea discussing about coffee taste in an end of the world scenario but anyway.

I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR GILGAMESH, ALL HAIL THE KING OF HEROES, FUCCCKKK YEAAAHHHHH THAT'S HOW YOU DO A MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH !

Benkei appearing like "I'm Deus Ex Machina, wonder where I was ? don't care I'm here to help you lads" his sacrifice was fantastic tho, too bad Ushiwaka stayed insane until the end.

The escalation of Quetz pure destruction is completely out of scale BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE IT WAS TOTAL ROLAN EMMERICH LEVEL OF EXPLOSION GOD DAMNNN !

Gorgon coming out of nowhere gave goosebumps and was perfectly sync with the ed I loved it, less bullshit comedy, more hype please.

oh about the sakuga i think this episode was directed by Onsen the same one who did episode 22 of fate Apocrypha aka the one that have karna vs sieg
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 22, 2020 5:47 PM

Sep 2010
deg said:

Seki (Gilgamesh's VA) assumed she was Gilgamesh's girlfriend before Nobunaga (Ritsuka's VA) corrected him. But not that we know, although the anime didn't mention this, when Gilgamesh returned from his journey, his kingdom was in ruins and everybody had left Uruk except for Siduri who waited for him and together they rebuilt the place.

She's in line of super loyal secretary to the king trend that started with Sir Agravain in the previous singularity who is basically this hypercompetent devoted right-hand man of Arturia, even when she's the Lion King. Camelot finale
Feb 22, 2020 5:56 PM
Mar 2018
Askaa said:
James-LastOmnic said:
Okay I must confess ... this was fucking epic, like this 22 episodes alone were more climatic than the entirety of Apocrypha lmao

oh about the sakuga i think this episode was directed by Onsen the same one who did episode 22 of fate Apocrypha aka the one that have karna vs sieg

You are wrong there, Episode 22 of Apocrypha was directed by Hakuyu Go which also directed Mob Psycho II episode 5 . I think Onsen just worked on some scenes on that episode, I can't remember exactly right now. This episode of grand order marked Onsen's directorial debut.
ElGoblinoFeb 22, 2020 6:00 PM
Feb 22, 2020 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
Ushi: use Quick card.
Benkei: use Taunt

He really dedicated to his roll outside the game ya'll xD
Feb 22, 2020 7:26 PM

Dec 2014
I bet on 3 last episode will be full action!!!
Feb 22, 2020 7:27 PM

Aug 2019
oh my holy shit how i the last 15 mins was me going holy shit holy shit and then fucking screaming with Quetzacoatl NP and louder when gorgon appeared, i swear this anime is criminally underrated and the negative review make even less sense to me.
First Gilgamesh, how he hasn't got Dream Like Charisma EX+ as a bloody passive ability baffles me, that speech was quality. The scene with Gil and Kingu was a nice touch, seeing Gils more humane side.
Benkei your redemption arc was not wasted, he came in clutch and went out with a bang. Still super sad that Ushi's last moments were so morbid ;-;
Quetzalcoatl you absolute beauty. I have no fucking words honestly. Everything about it, to her NP release to her fucking animation turning into concept art as she quite literally kicked the shit out of a God was all perfect. Honestly would of given michael bay a run for his money on the amount of explosions there was.
oh and Gorgon, Gorgon you cheeky snaky beauty. When the ending theme started and i thought mash was gonna get deleted, I've never been more happy to see a character appear then this moment. I quite literally screamed of joy when i saw her appear. Whelp time for Gorgon to show the reason why everyone in the avenger class is put there.
Feb 22, 2020 7:53 PM

Apr 2013

I feel like nobody mention the scene of Gilgamesh looking back and remembering Siduri.

This was the highlight for me. Gilgamesh was always depicted as cold and straight forward. But that one short scene actually revealed his compassion and humanity more than any other versions of him we seen so far.
Feb 22, 2020 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
Aight so since Gorgon and wasteman Benkei showed up (and even Ushiwakamaru, AGAIN) I'm expecting Merlin too. MERLIN! WHERE YOU AT? MERLIIIIIIIIN
Feb 22, 2020 8:33 PM
Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
deg said:

You know you can miss a dear friend right ? You know that right ? You know that concept of friendship still exists right ?

But fujoshi will not stand anyone else other than Enkidu with Gil so be careful what you say. Fgo fandom is full of them.

Preach girl! 🙏
Feb 22, 2020 8:34 PM

Jan 2009
Thess said:
deg said:

Seki (Gilgamesh's VA) assumed she was Gilgamesh's girlfriend before Nobunaga (Ritsuka's VA) corrected him. But not that we know, although the anime didn't mention this, when Gilgamesh returned from his journey, his kingdom was in ruins and everybody had left Uruk except for Siduri who waited for him and together they rebuilt the place.

She's in line of super loyal secretary to the king trend that started with Sir Agravain in the previous singularity who is basically this hypercompetent devoted right-hand man of Arturia, even when she's the Lion King. Camelot finale

lol that tells me they are more than friends at least, thanks
Feb 22, 2020 9:06 PM

Feb 2014
Gilgamesh confronting Kingu was the most captivating scene this episode among-st others. As a Fate/Zero fan, this scene really had me in. Friendship with his one and only best friend even though the souls may have changed.

Benkei stopping Ushiwaka was the next cool moment. Hitachibou did something courageous in his new chance.

Quetzalqoatl ane-san took the saviour rote to fight head on with Tiamat. She knew about everything even Gorgon and yet still she faced them.

And Gorgon rising up from the ashes was the thriller.

Also when are we gonna see
enter the fray.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 22, 2020 10:32 PM

Sep 2016
Inugirlz said:
Aight so since Gorgon and wasteman Benkei showed up (and even Ushiwakamaru, AGAIN) I'm expecting Merlin too. MERLIN! WHERE YOU AT? MERLIIIIIIIIN

Feb 22, 2020 10:38 PM
Jul 2018
Lol dropping the rating to 5/10 due to these shitty breaks. Next ep on March 7. The series has been unimpressive to me. Sure the asthetics are pretty, but did someone not notice how wierd, elongated and badly drawn the faces looked with uneven lines?

Not to mention this was such a bad conclusion to Ushiwaka and her story. Nobody gave a fuck about her by the end.

Servants mindlessly throwing OP NPs after NPs in order to stop an unbeatable force was emotionless and didn't draw me in despite the visuals.

And then these disappointing huge breaks the anime keeps taking.

One of the worst Fate anime I have seen and it cannot even hope to match the likes of Heaven's Feel or Zero.

If they were gonna show people talking for half the episode should have maybe shown some Fujimaru and Mash whomesomeness but ever since the anime has started I have never seen them in a lovey dovey way except when Merlin asked them to go on a date and see the town.

Really damn disappointing honestly.
Feb 22, 2020 10:40 PM

Sep 2016
crisike said:
This is what we were waiting for before Ep.1.
This is how Fujimaru should be.

When can FGO have no more Ukyo Kodachi? Such cancer is he.

He's the series composition for Camelot movie, so... well
At least Quetzalcoatl now gets the moments she deserves, and GD did not act as weird as in episode 8 or 11.
Feb 22, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2016
Oh boy, the chills! No wonder why the animation during the first half looked so "off". It all went to the fight against Ushi and mainly to Quetzalcoatl's NPs. Seriously, the display of "Xiuhcoatlt" looked so glorious and now are you telling me Gorgon (how?) will join the fray too? Literally can't wait for next episode!

As for other scenes, Gil's speech sequence was truly encouraging and his moment with Kingu was very touching as well.

And on a side note, I gotta say that Tiamat's CG didn't look that bad here as in the previous episode. Guess it was because of the dark illumination and how they used it to "disguise" her 3D model but anyways, I just hope her design and animation remain this consistent for the remaining eps.
Feb 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2009
wehateupes said:
Lol dropping the rating to 5/10 due to these shitty breaks. Next ep on March 7. The series has been unimpressive to me. Sure the asthetics are pretty, but did someone not notice how wierd, elongated and badly drawn the faces looked with uneven lines?

Not to mention this was such a bad conclusion to Ushiwaka and her story. Nobody gave a fuck about her by the end.

Servants mindlessly throwing OP NPs after NPs in order to stop an unbeatable force was emotionless and didn't draw me in despite the visuals.

One of the worst Fate anime I have seen and it cannot even hope to match the likes of Heaven's Feel or Zero.

If they were gonna show people talking for half the episode should have maybe shown some Fujimaru and Mash whomesomeness but ever since the anime has started I have never seen them in a lovey dovey way except when Merlin asked them to go on a date and see the town.

Thank God everyone else disagrees with you.
Feb 22, 2020 11:24 PM
May 2015
i watched it 3 times already and got goosebumps every time
the studio surpased all my expectations
this episode had everything i love aboute fate
Feb 22, 2020 11:41 PM

Aug 2012
cities516 said:
Inugirlz said:

Feb 23, 2020 1:05 AM
Jun 2017
oragp said:
i watched it 3 times already and got goosebumps every time
the studio surpased all my expectations
this episode had everything i love aboute fate
come her and sit by my side i also watched it three times and i’m up for more
Feb 23, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
This episode...goddamn CloverWorks, so proud of you. They are really going all out with their potential in this. Thanks for doing Quetz the greatest justice ever.
Don't believe the hype.
Feb 23, 2020 1:39 AM
Jun 2017
ssjokg said:
wehateupes said:

Thank God everyone else disagrees with you.
no need to reply on him
He won’t appreciate the character build up in the previous episodes and he’s non-player
Feb 23, 2020 1:44 AM
Mar 2018
wehateupes said:

Butthurt ufotable fanboy right here. The only good fate series ufotable did is Zero. Personally I have no idea why people praise the Heaven's Feel movies so much other than the animation the movies are very mediocre, so much important content cut from them novel that it would take me hours to mention everything that's missing. This is the best adapted series after Zero period. This thread says enough, you are literally the only person in this whole discussion that disagrees .
This episode has only one 1/5 vote, I am sure that's you lmao, everybody else gave it 5/5 and a few 4/5's .
Feb 23, 2020 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
GLORIOUS GLORIOUS EPILEPTIC UNLIMITED BUDGET WORKS EYE CANDY. NONE SHALL USURP THE THRONE FROM THE VISUAL SPECTACLE THAT IS FATE!

Quetzalcoatl, you maravillosa luchadora de el sol. Que loco fue todo eso, MAL compas!?

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat here for next episode! Bring in the big guns! Let that bell toll, and let the AUO unleash rupture!
Feb 23, 2020 1:55 AM

Aug 2018
DoctorWasabi said:
The fate series truly is better when Ufotable is not animating it

Why do you say that? Genuinely curious here.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.