Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 16, 2020 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
OH GOD, CGI Tiamat looks awful. CGI has been fine so far but she really stands out and feels out of place. Other than that, the episode was great!

Ishtar's NP was fucking awesome. It was so exciting to hear that "Gate Open" xD.

Eresh is love, Eresh is life <3. And the whole scene about Gugalanna was hilarious.
SkyLETVFeb 16, 2020 12:22 PM
Feb 16, 2020 1:07 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
chapters that are gigantic enough to have their own self-contained stories and character arcs. gilgamesh also doesn't need much in salomon because he's not a pivotal character in that chapter. KH is in babylonia.

It's just an example, you know what I mean, it would have been just weird if KH had the same importance as Camelot.

if it makes you feel better to call me an anime-only because i don't fit your idea of an fgo player who has to love everything that happens in the story, then that's on you. you should at least admit you're doing a "no true scotsman" tho

Not really, since English isn't my main language my vocabulary can feel overwhelming sometimes. But you know, I can say the same thing about you with this statement.
VncriticalFeb 16, 2020 1:14 PM
Feb 16, 2020 1:53 PM

Mar 2016
Vncriticalshit said:

It's just an example, you know what I mean, it would have been just weird if KH had the same importance as Camelot.
he had a role in camelot and the character to show for it. he had no characterization in babylonia yet still came in as one of the main players. it's not exactly a fair comparison

Not really, since English isn't my main language my vocabulary can feel overwhelming sometimes. But you know, I can say the same thing about you with this statement.
"no true scotsman" = "you're not a real 'x' if you don't do this." the no u doesn't really work if you're the only one doing it
'x' = a group of people
if you need me to explain other phrases in english, just remember to ask
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
"no true scotsman" = "you're not a real 'x' if you don't do this." the no u doesn't really work if you're the only one doing it
'x' = a group of people

Thanks sherlock, I wasn't talking about this statement thought. If it makes you feel better to talk about narrative structure to someone who's just trying to explain the lore behind some plot point then go ahead. But if you need some advice about reading comprehension, I guess you can ask me in private.

Regarding your "no true Scotsman", I wouldn't say you're not a "True Fate Fan" so pls don't get mad. But if we want to talk about FSN you definitely miss a lot if you didn't read the VN. Like always, adaptations just don't reflect the source material. But people need to stop feeling inferior because they didn't read or don't want to read the source material. Whether you like it or not the VN is the best way to experience FSN as a whole. Not to mention you still need to read HA to get all the answer FSN left behind. And the same goes for FGO, it's just plain stupid to want Babylonia to stand on its own and not relies on the previous chapters.
VncriticalFeb 16, 2020 3:05 PM
Feb 16, 2020 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
Vncriticalshit said:
Aure0lin said:
'x' = a group of people

Thanks sherlock, I wasn't talking about this statement thought. If it makes you feel better to talk about narrative structure to someone who's just trying to explain the lore behind some plot point then go ahead. But if you need some advice about reading comprehension, I guess you can ask me in private.

Regarding your "no true Scotsman", I wouldn't say you're not a "true Fate fan" so pls don't get mad. But if we want to talk about FSN you definitely miss a lot if you didn't read the VN. Like always, adaptations just don't reflect the source material. But people need to stop feeling inferior because they didn't read or don't want to read the source material. Whether you like it or not the VN is the best way to experience FSN as a whole. Not to mention you still need to read HA to get all the answer FSN left behind. And the same goes for FGO.
in case you haven't already figured it out, i literally don't care about the lore. what i care about are the characters and the story elements. i'm also focusing more on how the writer introduces the lore, not the lore itself.

ill make this even simpler since it looks like my past two replies have flown right over your head. you seem to think that just because im complaining about certain elements about the story that i could not have read the original story in the game. maybe it doesn't count to you because i play the english server, but i did actually read the cutscenes and still felt irritated at the finale. people are not robots. i can read the same thing you read and have a different reaction.
Aure0linFeb 16, 2020 3:52 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 16, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
I literally don't care about the lore.

Sad, the nasuverse is awesome. But if you don't care about the lore, there's no point in me talking to you anymore then. Still, it's kind of contradictory. If you're interested in how the writer introduces his lore then you should be able to understand it even if it's poor from a narrative perspective.

i could not have read the original story in the game.

video on youtube isn't an option.
Feb 16, 2020 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
Ishtar's NP animation was sick!
When she said GATE OPEN, I was like "YES!"

On the other hand, the CGI Tiamat makes me sad. They could've made something similar to what they did with Gorgon which I don't mind much. It just looks awkward with the 2D on the frame.

Lots of different Gil's facial expressions in this episode. I love his reaction when Eresh said she was plotting something on Uruk the whole time. XD

Feb 16, 2020 4:10 PM

Mar 2016
Vncriticalshit said:

Sad, the nasuverse is awesome. But if you don't care about the lore, there's no point in me talking to you anymore then. Still, it's kind of contradictory. If you're interested in how the writer introduces his lore then you should be able to understand it even if it's poor from a narrative perspective.
when did i ever make it seem like i wasn't aware of the lore. ur the one with a half-baked understanding of english that came into this thread to lecture me about shit i knew already

video on youtube isn't an option.
what, do you want my friend code as proof
Aure0linFeb 16, 2020 4:24 PM
Feb 16, 2020 4:47 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
I wasn't aware of the lore
No you don't, deep stuff about the lore? Definitely not. Give me your friend code in private if you want to, but since i don't want to get bullied on my real account, i won't send any request.
VncriticalFeb 16, 2020 5:22 PM
Feb 16, 2020 5:19 PM

Mar 2016
Vncriticalshit said:
Aure0lin said:
i wasn't aware of the lore
No you don't, deep stuff about the lore? Definitely not. Give me your friend code in private if you want to, but since i don't want to get bullied on my real account, i won't send any request.
that's funny, you were the one who went after me first. do you always play the victim when you find that you were in the wrong
Feb 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
Vncriticalshit said:
that's funny, you were the one who went after me first. do you always play the victim when you find that you were in the wrong

Wrong in what? Give me your friendcode. If you're not going to bully me, then maybe I'm sending you a request. xd
I'm just getting bored of this whole conversation, it's just getting stupid at this point.
VncriticalFeb 16, 2020 5:27 PM
Feb 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
Vncriticalshit said:
Aure0lin said:

wrong in what? Give me your friendcode. xd
I'm just getting bored of this whole conversation, it's just getting stupid at this point.
it got stupid a long time ago, now it's just getting tiring.

proof that it's me
https://myanimelist.net/comtocom.php?id1=5278692&id2=4934797
Feb 16, 2020 5:35 PM

Jun 2019
Aure0lin said:
Vncriticalshit said:

wrong in what? Give me your friendcode. xd
it got stupid a long time ago, now it's just getting tiring.

proof that it's me
https://myanimelist.net/comtocom.php?id1=5278692&id2=4934797

Oh well, my bad. If we want to take this conversation a bit further you should rename yourself Aure0lin. I'm sending you a request.
Feb 16, 2020 6:52 PM

Sep 2010
Aure0lin said:

ThessFeb 16, 2020 8:07 PM
Feb 16, 2020 8:12 PM

Mar 2016
Thess said:
Aure0lin said:

Aure0linFeb 16, 2020 8:17 PM
Feb 17, 2020 2:05 AM

May 2018
Goddamn useless Ishtar has to ruin the day. She is a beta Aqua at this point
Feb 17, 2020 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was good, Ishtar's NP was awesome, but Tiamat CGI... was really horrible. I hope that they will fix this in the Blu Ray version.
Feb 17, 2020 4:54 AM

Jul 2014
The cgi looked ok to me since it looked really scary
Ishtar being so cool at the start of the ep until became useless at the end of the ep
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Feb 17, 2020 5:12 AM
Jan 2015
Byniavo said:
Tbf it wasn't actually HER fault that she didn't have the bull of heaven.
My Queens

Feb 17, 2020 5:33 AM

May 2018
-Mahesvara said:
Byniavo said:

Ishtar so useless that she caused Tiamat's CGI to go to the PS2 days
Feb 17, 2020 5:58 AM
Jan 2015
Byniavo said:
-Mahesvara said:

I don't think you've ever played the ps2 then.
My Queens

Feb 17, 2020 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
CeddyyBearr said:

Best part of the episode lol

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2020 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
-Mahesvara said:
Byniavo said:

It wasnt Ishtar's fault. It was ishtar's falt.

Let anime only people have their brains explode from that.
Feb 17, 2020 10:07 AM
Jan 2015
ssjokg said:
-Mahesvara said:

It wasnt Ishtar's fault. It was ishtar's falt.

Let anime only people have their brains explode from that.
Lmao true, they'll never get it.
My Queens

Feb 17, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2018
-Mahesvara said:
Byniavo said:

It's called an exaggeration
Feb 17, 2020 12:22 PM
Jan 2015
Byniavo said:
-Mahesvara said:

Then you shouldn't use it as criticism, unless you want to look like an ass that is, then more power to ya.
My Queens

Feb 17, 2020 12:24 PM

May 2018
-Mahesvara said:
Byniavo said:

Then you shouldn't use it as criticism, unless you want to look like an ass that is, then more power to ya.

do you even know how to take a joke?
Feb 17, 2020 12:37 PM
Jan 2015
Byniavo said:
-Mahesvara said:

I do, but only good ones, not half-assed and overused/recycled ones KEKW.
My Queens

Feb 17, 2020 12:44 PM

May 2018
-Mahesvara said:
Byniavo said:

I do, but only good ones, not half-assed and overused/recycled ones KEKW.

do be on your adventure to find a joke that fits your 'refined' tastes, then

about Tiamat's CGI, I checked and it is almost as bad as PS2 cutscene graphics. So, er... ha
Feb 18, 2020 1:57 AM

Apr 2016
The level of gatekeeping in this thread is off the charts. My God.
Feb 20, 2020 8:27 PM

Jul 2009
Quetzalcoatl punching Jaguarman was was fucking hilarious. I'm dying.
Feb 21, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2017
I'm so gonna hate this series if they won't even show Gilgamesh in the limelight. Come on now! He's the only one I look forward to.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Feb 22, 2020 2:12 AM

May 2016
This episode was Gold I loved how they build up for next one.
Feb 22, 2020 4:34 AM

May 2015
KoniginElle said:
I'm so gonna hate this series if they won't even show Gilgamesh in the limelight. Come on now! He's the only one I look forward to.
You won't hate it then...

Feb 22, 2020 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
Definitely in the minority here, but I like Tiamat's CGI. They made her so otherworldly and unnerving with that extreme uncanny valley look. I also like how they added fangs in her mouth, makes her look cuter :^)

Ishtar's NP was a sight to behold. Sadly, it didn't do jackshit and only made Gil roast her even more lmao.

This is probably the most suspenseful episode so far. Glad to see Eresh back, and I look forward to seeing the group's plan to bring the monstrous goddess down.
Feb 22, 2020 6:39 PM

Aug 2019
hooo great ep, jumped about from being dead serious end of the world scenario, to oh cool we might still have a chance and then to just pure memes.
Ishtar's NP was oooo crisp and def how i imagined it to look like irl.
Tiamat was ok, the contrast of this-is-a-literal-God-Of-Creation-and-Destruction-please-take-it-seriously and her CGI only seemed to reinforce the sheer fear anyone would get looking at her ,still her amazon prime order of "concept of death" is gonna arrive soon.
Ereshkigal did a great job at being a 10/10 cutie, oh and please ignore the fact she literally had an entire plan to kill the whole of Uruk, instead may i introduce you to my religion of "100 photos of Eresh smiling and blushing"?
yeh ishtar pulling moves that if Gilgamesh wasnt half God. he probably would of had a heart attack. Honestly his expression changed faster then my parents looking at my school reports. My guy never gets a break, feels bad that coffee wasnt invented at that time, guy would of loved it probably.
Mar 8, 2020 7:43 AM
Apr 2016
Welcome to the Aqua squad, Ishtar! The CGI was just terrible...
Mar 15, 2020 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Marvelous episode. Ishtar NP was animated gorgeously. Literally the concept of Venus in an arrow. I don't think a lot of people appreciate the OST for the anime enough. I absolutely love it.

They adapted the comedic scenes so perfectly. Eresh and Ishtar screaming at the same time was fucking hilarious and the look of Gilgamesh's face when Eresh reveals that she may have been plotting something to destroy Uruk was gold. The whole scene with Gugalanna was fucking great with Gil trying to praise Ishtar for the first time, everyone cheering for her even Fou (the cutest) and then the reveal that Ishtar actually lost it, Quetz shutting Jaguarman up, Gilgamesh crowning Ishtar as the most useless goddess. Wonderfully adapted episode.

Tiamat CGI is the least of my concerns.
Mar 16, 2020 4:46 PM

Aug 2017
After seeing CGI Gorgon, im not surprised by CGI Tiamat. The plan looks like it's going to work, all they have to do is keep Tiamat busy for a day. The only thing I could criticize is that the number of days is excessively convenient but nevermind lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
So many epic moments, ishtar is soo cute and her full power was soo fucking cool. ANd loved seeing the underworld goddess be cute as well damn I couldn't stop laughing at the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2020 12:53 AM

Jun 2016
Knowing that Ishtar's Gugalanna is stolen by... Ishtar, the last part of the episode really made my day. It could've been a real good distraction to buy off time for them though
Apr 26, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
What's with the awful comedy and random undermining of the story with hints of 4th breaking that ruins the atmosphere?

What's with the horrible CG of main antagonist? (like really, that's was just other level of bad, if you can't do it right, don't do it at all). They could just draw her in less time and it would make her look thousand times better.

All of this felt pretty anticlimatic.

Terrible episode. Honestly, the start of this series was good but then it all turned into constant parade of ups and lows. Another Fate spinoff, another failure.

Honestly, just bring on the Ataraxia and maybe new Tsukihime, at this point I'm not interested in anything else. Even the game feels like constant reshash of the same from writing perspective with almost every event story being poor attempt at the same and the worst they are not even taking themselves seriously, going just for pure fanservice.

I would want to say I enjoy this mess as I loved and enjoyed the franchise 15 years back but in comparison DanMemo game is wholly different level right now, at least from story and technical perspective.
May 14, 2020 5:57 PM

Dec 2018
Well at least CGI Tiamat is better than the unoriginal design of Lahmu.

So far, all I can say for Fujimaru is he's just a storage for command seal.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
May 27, 2020 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
big ass bosses without character singing weird sounds is a thing in anime that makes me cringe real hard. Feels so freaking empty and boring
Aug 8, 2020 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
Terrible CGI.

Ishtar "lost" her bull. How convenient, need to drag this out somehow I guess.
Sep 4, 2020 6:13 AM
Apr 2020
Ishtar reminds me of Aqua...
Apr 11, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2018
Why was the cg so much worse in this episode?
_______I like rocks__
Nov 21, 2021 12:16 AM

May 2021
The cgi had me laughing
Inhales oxygen
Jan 6, 2022 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
CGI Tiamat looks quite horrendous. It feels like Mash is only there to say "Senpai" and "Hai" at this point.
Jan 26, 2022 8:56 PM

Mar 2014
lmaooo Gil's reaction when Eresh admitted she'd already been planning to destroy Uruk for the last 10 years
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.