Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2020 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I think about it, the more I kinda feel bad about Seth. The kid gets caught up in this war drama.

At least he's got more allies now. The whole mystery about the abyss could be very important this arc. The cliffhanger....Jill!
Stark700Jan 15, 2020 6:24 AM
Jan 15, 2020 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
the animation in this ep seemed painfully bad, the budget probably got redirected for some epic final fight, but god damn did the ep suffer from it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 15, 2020 8:07 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, look like I'm not the only one who notice the quality drop in this episode, though for me it's just a little bit. But the sync between mouth and sound is quite bad. Sometimes the character move the mouth but we can't hear that.
Jan 15, 2020 8:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I must say Mélie's strat to runaway was pretty good xD
Jan 15, 2020 9:08 AM

Sep 2016
shenro said:
the animation in this ep seemed painfully bad, the budget probably got redirected for some epic final fight, but god damn did the ep suffer from it.

This might have been the worst episode so far in terms of quality, and it sucks because the plot is really good right now and season 2 has been going really well.

I really hope you're right and they're just putting more animation budget into the later episodes, but this really had me worried. Even the still images looked really bad as if drawn by a completely different studio.
Jan 15, 2020 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
Typical shounen crap Make everything hopeless until the hero gets a powerup until Deus ex machina rolls in
Jan 15, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2017
The way this is going it's gonna be a repeat of Rumble town. I hope nothing bad happens to Myr and his family. Melie was the best in this episode XD.
Jan 15, 2020 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
particularly this episode...the animation is abysmal!
3/5.

Jan 16, 2020 1:22 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Lots of story and twists and turns right now. The animation drop is jarring but I hope it pays off later.
MegamiRem said:
Melie was the best in this episode XD.

She really was and she didn't even have to fight anyone to do it.
Jan 16, 2020 2:24 AM

Jul 2017
When the content is getting better, the animation has to suffer, a win-lose situation. Maybe even the worst looking episode in the series to date, if counting Season 1.

In the skies, Ocoho fighting against the Inquisition and their new-found Merchant Barons' Fantasia-neutralizing tool (Harmonizium), while Seth reels in the difficulty of Diabal trying to hide against the Inquisition, most particularly Piodon, and Myr and Jill feeling the effects of the time-stopped forest. But most ultimately, the real target is Seth, the reason why the Inquisition and the Thaumaturges are in cahoots.

And dang, Melie got caught in Dragunov and Liselotte's issue, and naive Seth came to the rescue, with the same emotions felt during Rumble Town. But she's playing the game smart.

Meanwhile, Lord de Guils (also a naive one) also got caught in the affairs of the Inquisition with spy Mordred.

In all of this while the Inquisition and Thaumaturges gain the unexpected hand, Cyfandir is in danger, Queen Bordica, Ocoho and the Knight-sorcerers, and especially Seth and Melie. What is truly the Merchant Barons' reasoning to start the war?
Jan 17, 2020 9:36 PM
Jul 2017
heyo, towards the end, since when melie gets kidnapped and dragunov gives the hard talk to seth, the background music is super, i think it was same when dragunov was meeting with the merchants. any idea how to listen to that soundtrack?
Jan 20, 2020 9:41 PM

Nov 2009
I have this feeling from last episode that Myr and his hidden realm is going to be affected by the Fantasia neutralizing thing... Cause they're still technically just hiding in the forest.
And the forest gets hit... Hope the Pixie kids and Jil doesn't die at the end as an result of this... that would be literally genocide done by the Inquisition.

Also... Seth... again... this dude literally does nothing until the very end every single time...

I wonder what the hell Dragunov is doing... is he going to help Seth or is he just stalling Seth until every other sorcerer is dead...

And I also wonder about Seth's brother/ kindreds... are they already captured by the Inquisition and turned to moot? or are they also hiding somewhere?

Cause you would think if they're still alive and free, they would come help the Sorcerers, since technically the Horn-ones are also sorcerers, and if the Inquisition kills off all the sorcerers, they can then easily go after the horn-ones and kill them off without any Sorcerers in their way.

And the Spy is Mordred... which we already suspect at the beginning of this arc as a traitor, except we thought he was the one that summons Spectres... turns out he's even a bigger spy that's out to kill his own friends for money.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 29, 2020 4:38 PM

Jun 2014
Unfortunately, Nobody listened to Okoho, and now a large amount of sorcerers are dead. Also, Mordred is even more evil than one could think.

The forest is dying, fast. Can Seth stop the inquisition before it's too late?

Feb 13, 2020 12:06 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
6/10
Sep 4, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
I know the animation isn't the best but this episode bothered me, really looked weird with the movements and stuff which is disappointing considering the plot really is getting better. Damn I knew Marmot was a traitor but didn't expected him to turn out to be that merchants son. They better not kill Myr's wife nor his children

Dec 22, 2020 5:25 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like the animation went downhill in this episode. I'm surprised to know Mordred's father lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 18, 2022 3:45 PM

Jul 2017
Got to give Melie some best girl points for that one lol

More topics from this board

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

52 by Attackonfiller »»
May 6, 2022 1:22 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.