Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2020 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fated confrontation in the Underworld begins!

Hell of an episode featuring Ereshkigal, Gilgamesh, Ishtar, Ritsuka, etc. Ereshkigal is quite a character to keep an eye on. The buildup leading to this episode is worth watching if you ask me. She has a rather...entertaining personality lol

Jan 11, 2020 7:10 AM
Aug 2018
amazing episode!
Jan 11, 2020 8:32 AM

Feb 2019
Reminder that this is dominated for best animation in CR's Anime Awards, one of the few things they got right.

Cloverworks have to be commended for the absolute masterful job they've done with this, while also simultaneously working on my fave movie of the year, Sora no Aosa.

Also Eresh best girl, totally not saying that because she was my first ssr or anything. Back to grinding SQ for jalter.
Jan 11, 2020 8:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, I really like Ereshkigal now
Jan 11, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2016
I always cum bucket when i see white wall of camelot. And two when i see old man on the scene.

Also gil at the end was like

Jan 11, 2020 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
Yay the best goddess finally joined Ritsuka. Eresh best girl in Babylonia, she is so cute and adorable. The fight was great and Lord Camelot was amazing.
Jan 11, 2020 9:00 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

The production value on this is just insane, just incredible. Fight sequences were awesome especially the NP clashes and Gil using Gate of Babylon.

"Bemoaning the obligations you chose to uphold dutifully is evil,
and to praise that pain is an insult only to yourself."
"What should be praised is the triumphs you've achieved"
"The pain in your heart is for you alone"

Eresh is just too adorable.
Her flustered reactions when Fujimaru recognizes her for visiting him were too cute.

The sword slash shocked me for a second.
Old man with a sword and that pose! That's him right? The old man who the bells rings for? (Just trying to be vague here) What's he doing here?

Eresh, a goddess far too kind to be the ruler of the underworld. A lone battle against the world to save humanity.
Why did you not answer my summons?

Loved the final scene with Ishtar mentioning how she came just to give Eresh a piece of her mind and to tell her to live a little more freely.
Jan 11, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. 10/5.

Fujimaru finally used a command seal and I have to say, seeing Lord Camelot being animated was amazing.

Loved Ereshkigal in this episode. She might be the best girl.

Jan 11, 2020 9:31 AM

May 2014
Loved the episode! Too bad there's other characters I prioritized over Eresh, but that is FGO I guess. Thanksgiving Iskandar was a very pleasant surprise and took all my quartz.

Anyhow I liked the talk about Enkidu's corpse and the added lines for the real Enkidu.

Jan 11, 2020 9:58 AM

Dec 2015
Ok I totally forgot Ziusudra action here (severing the contract) from the game tho. Caught me by surprise ngl

From the PV I thought it's gonna be all dokidoki, deredere episode too, but what I got was feels...

Eresh is too precious, and Mash NP Lord Camelot is so awesome here. Can't wait for Camelot movies!

And I find it really adorable where Ishtar carrying Fou flying XD
Jan 11, 2020 9:59 AM

Jan 2009
Ishtar is still best girl for me since she looks exactly like Rin just with red eyes but ye i can see the appeal of Ereshkigal better now

and damn looks like Enkidu backstory is coming
Jan 11, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
so why is Mash always so useless?.......................................................
Jan 11, 2020 10:09 AM
Oct 2019
PhantomAssasin said:
so why is Mash always so useless?.......................................................

Lord camelot block Eresh attack is useless?
Jan 11, 2020 10:33 AM
Dec 2018
PhantomAssasin said:
anime only spotted
Jan 11, 2020 10:35 AM

Jan 2009
UltraLungs said:
PhantomAssasin said:
anime only spotted

welp are you gatekeeping? should this anime be only watch by mobile gamers? lol
Jan 11, 2020 10:36 AM

Apr 2009
PhantomAssasin said:
She's been doing pretty ok in team battles like the combo she has with Ana.
Jan 11, 2020 10:38 AM
Dec 2018
deg said:
UltraLungs said:
anime only spotted

how’s this gate keeping? Lmfao am I saying not watch it? All I’m saying is, if you’ve played the game you’d know she isn’t useless, calm ya tits
Jan 11, 2020 10:42 AM

Jan 2009
UltraLungs said:
deg said:

how’s this gate keeping? Lmfao am I saying not watch it? All I’m saying is, if you’ve played the game you’d know she isn’t useless, calm ya tits

i am calm ever seen any words that is not calm in my post?

and that is the thing do you want anime only watchers here to play the game?
Jan 11, 2020 10:45 AM
Dec 2018
deg said:
UltraLungs said:

lol whatever man, you got it, I’m not telling anyone to do or not do anything, I’m just tryna say that Mash isn’t useless, that’s it...... no more than that
Jan 11, 2020 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
UltraLungs said:
deg said:

lol whatever man, you got it, I’m not telling anyone to do or not do anything, I’m just tryna say that Mash isn’t useless, that’s it...... no more than that

you should have said that instead of saying a vague comment of "anime only spotted" then that can be misinterpreted

how hard it is to say she is not useless in the mobile game? lol

so ye whatever lol
Jan 11, 2020 10:49 AM
Feb 2019
Tbh, I'm quite unsatisfied with this episode. I feel something missing. To describe it, I feel it's funnier to rewatch the cutscene from the game than this episode. But I Really Love That LORD CAMELOT Animation.
Jan 11, 2020 10:57 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:
UltraLungs said:

you should have said that instead of saying a vague comment of "anime only spotted" then that can be misinterpreted

so ye whatever lol

Yes i only watch anime so what??????
i meant in the whole anime up till now in all the fights she didnt do any extra ordinary feat and always get trashed in fighting,
mind you comparing with other fate series servants like saber or lancer...................
Jan 11, 2020 10:59 AM
Jan 2015
PhantomAssasin said:
Look at who she's been fighting, there's levels to this. In actuality she's been doing pretty well, considering the strength level of her opponents.
My Queens

Jan 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Sep 2014
Been waiting for this, Eresh is just too precious hnnnngggg <3
Jan 11, 2020 11:21 AM
Aug 2018
PhantomAssasin said:
deg said:

so ye whatever lol

i meant in the whole anime up till now in all the fights she didnt do any extra ordinary feat and always get trashed in fighting,
mind you comparing with other fate series servants like saber or lancer...................

Sorry but...she just won against Eresh in this episode...like, i would understand before but how is she useless here?

She protected her master and she won the battle.
Jan 11, 2020 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Gilgamesh attacking Ereshkigal like:
Erish: "You are dead, you can't hurt me."
Gilgamesh: "I'm Gilgamesh! I stand above your rules, now bow down to my Royal Authority."
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 11, 2020 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
Boring to be honest, dialogue is so unengaging to me that I almost always find myself just skimming through it. I'm glad for the fans of the game and it must be a blast for them but as an outsider this hasn't done much to pull me in
Jan 11, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
Today is the day of amazing episode it seems, god damn.

Eresh is the dere side of Rin dialed up to the max with an extra bit of "pure" and "ojou-sama" tossed in.

So many good damn frames.
Jan 11, 2020 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
Mash using Lord Camelot was pretty sick! Also gotta love that Gilgamesh authority trumps everything! No matter what! XD

When this first started I absolutely adored to see another Rin-face in the shape of Ishtar. Ofcourse it didn't help that Ishtar got some wonderful shots throughout the show so far. But a blond haired Rin-face is some NEXT LEVEL stuff! Eresh is so precious and lovely that I can't wish anymore from this anime. Especially when they are both on screen at the same time. Also kudos to Kana Ueda, such a stellar job voicing them both!!
Jan 11, 2020 12:27 PM

Aug 2017
PhantomAssasin said:

Lord Camelot strength is proportionate to the willpower of the user, and it has been said that, so long the heart doesn't break, those castle walls too shall never crumble.
This also says a lot, because besides being practically indestructible, it shows a great maturation of the Mash as a character, who previously did not understand human feelings.
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Jan 11, 2020 12:48 PM

May 2019
Another Good episode

5/5
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jan 11, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2009
PhantomAssasin said:

Literally most useful Servant in this fight....
Jan 11, 2020 2:44 PM

Apr 2014

Breaking News! Local Goddess of the Netherworld does a blush.
Jan 11, 2020 5:14 PM

Nov 2015
Really good episode, was better than i expected it to be. Forgot the old man comes in like that. So the cut kinda suprised me. Lord camelot gives me goosebumps, even in game.

Time to take on Gorgon. I hope we get a new opening soon.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jan 11, 2020 5:15 PM
Aug 2018
This feels like a children's show where the moral of the story is everyone is good and everything is a happily ever after. Tbh the show has been fairly boring. It has mostly been going around and collecting up all the godesses. The other plot elements receive a small amount of development and are abandoned for the most part. Anyway, this is getting a drop from me.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Jan 11, 2020 5:24 PM

May 2015
eWEQRW123123 said:
This feels like a children's show where the moral of the story is everyone is good and everything is a happily ever after. Tbh the show has been fairly boring. It has mostly been going around and collecting up all the godesses. The other plot elements receive a small amount of development and are abandoned for the most part. Anyway, this is getting a drop from me.
I mean... sort of? Babylonia typically is like a normal fantasy quest for its set up. I'm not going to ramble on to convince you but you might as well finish it since the payoff it delivers is why most fans voted for the anime in the first place

Jan 11, 2020 6:04 PM

Sep 2016
Heh, it slowed down.

Also LORD CAMELOT! Hype!

Also "unengaging", lmao.
bruh
Jan 11, 2020 7:00 PM
Jan 2017
Fate/Grand Order delivers yet another fine episode! Not did we get a fine character study for Ereshkigal, we also got an excellent fight scene. With Ereshkigal on the heroes' side, maybe Ritsuka and his friends will have an easier time protecting Uruk from Gorgon. This show keeps getting better and better!
Jan 11, 2020 7:31 PM

Apr 2009
eWEQRW123123 said:
everyone is good
Eresh isn't good. Well-intention-ed sure, but locking souls in cages forever is far from good. Her justification is basically "at least Uruk folks won't get Gorgon'd", and while it's true that getting Gorgon'd is a much worse fate (as we'll see later), it's more of a picking the lesser evil thing. Gil does still call her out on it (as does Ritsuka albeit in a more downplayed manner, hence the "can't commend her for it" bit). Having a sad backstory may make the rationale more understandable, but it doesn't instantly redeem all your past actions.
Jan 11, 2020 7:31 PM
Sep 2019
eWEQRW123123 said:
This feels like a children's show where the moral of the story is everyone is good and everything is happily ever after. Tbh the show has been fairly boring. It has mostly been going around and collecting up all the goddesses. The other plot elements receive a small amount of development and are abandoned for the most part. Anyway, this is getting a drop from me.
Don worry after this the story truly get good and you see why the fan-voted for this one to be animated
Jan 11, 2020 8:41 PM
Aug 2019
This was a very good episode, I really like Ereshkigal and Gil looking like the king he's also been, it was nice to see Enkidu too.

Jan 11, 2020 9:01 PM

Apr 2013
where's the dude that post about cursing and swearing hoping for Gilgamesh to suffer? hahaha Just waiting for his disappointment post.
Jan 11, 2020 9:01 PM

Oct 2019
Excellent episode, i really like Ereshkigal
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Master was able to help free the goddess from the alliance and what she had become so that she could be what she was meant to be
Jan 11, 2020 10:13 PM

Jul 2016
Damn it, Old Man scared the shit out of me right there. Him "attacking" Eresh caught me so off guard I almost jumped off my seat xD

Another amazing episode. It's been a while since the last time I saw "Lord Camelot" (or was it "Lord Chaldeas" the one from the movie?... nevermind) being displayed and boy, it was so epic. Absolutely loved the animation as always and knowing more about Eresh's loneliness as well as her sense of duty was quite interesting too.
Jan 11, 2020 11:11 PM

Jan 2017
Aww... so touching.. I wanna give Ereshkigal a hug and pat her head. Best girl for the win!!
Jan 11, 2020 11:35 PM

Oct 2017
PhantomAssasin said:
deg said:

so ye whatever lol

Mash is a SHIELDER not a saber or lancer. Shielder class as name suggest it's for defense not offense and if u compare with other fate series then those servants were fighting other servants not gods lol. Also how was she useless in this episode lol. She stopped Eresh's attack and beat her with her noble phantasm.
Jan 12, 2020 1:04 AM
Ribbit

May 2015
Finally, finally Ereshkigal got her big episode!!! Ahhhh I am so happy, I've been waiting for this since the anime was announced!!! Finally my favorite servant has made her big entrance as a major character!!! I can't wait to see some of her future major scenes animated!!

Jan 12, 2020 1:56 AM

Dec 2014
hmm.. so the confrontation and then the make up as friends... hmm who is the actual villain hmm
Jan 12, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2016
It's honestly sick to see noble phantasms and characters' movements in anime, while in FGO we get to see the same things over and over again. Cloverworks is doing a great job adapting this arc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.