Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Drifting Dragons
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2020 6:58 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
our crew was just about to save the day, until they got screwed again. ngl, something doesn't sit right with me during these episodes. big ass dragon attacking the city, yet there's almost no uproar, no chaos, no alert. somehow it lacks impact to deliver this danger

also Giraud about to save the damsel in distress, maybe even get some of that, ya know
Feb 1, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
I have a feeling those 2 guys from the other draking ship got fired and maybe even blacklisted from draking business. If i were their captain, i wouldnt stunt like that slide.
Feb 1, 2020 6:40 PM
Jan 2017
Is it just me or Giraud seems like a better choice for main character status than Mika or Takita? Seriously, he's the only character to have real development across the show. He runs into danger to save a girl he just met and that was the only sense of urgency this episode delivered. This episode wasn't bad by any means, it was cool watching the drakers get ready for another hunt, but so far, the show hasn't really delivered any dramatic tension or emotional stakes, except for Giraud, of course. It's been 7 episodes and he's the only character with something to prove and something to work for. Everyone else is just… there.
Feb 2, 2020 2:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A dragon in the city... that's kinda interesting but I prefer when it's in the sky tbh
Feb 2, 2020 2:59 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty good - so far. I liked the first episodes with episodic stories and the nice characters. Really likeable all of them. Then the story in the city is also great. A bit more serious with the dragon and Jiro falling in love with that girl.

Still we have the great comedy that fits in pretty well. The old guy wantig to say something deep ... and Mika only "can we eat it?" :D

Solid 8/10 for me atm. I don't see how this could get worse. Just better ... the more i get used to it and the more I like the chars. (When they get more background.)

Better than Kotobuki - which also featured an Airship - since here they don't even try starting with some bigger overall plot (wich was pretty boring at the end there) and keep the focus on the daily life as Drakers and on the chars.

Also the music is nice - makes the atmosphere pretty great and relaxing - even in this episode when we have a bit more trouble at the moment.

Edit: Btw ... who is the captain? I first thought it was Gibbs since he seemed superior to a lot of the other guys. Crocco deputy captain only. But in the previous episode I think it was mentioned Crocco could just call himself captain and he seemed superiour to Gibbs. The guy talking about money probably is just an accountant working there. I guess the real captain is dead or missing or something ... and we'll get that as background to Crocco later in the anime (or in the manga in parts not adapted in this anime)?
LuthandoriusFeb 2, 2020 3:06 AM
Feb 4, 2020 4:22 AM

Oct 2017
This wasn't what I was expecting, this was less tense than I thought it would be. Anyway those two greedy dumb bastards ruined it all.
Feb 19, 2020 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Dragon rampaging in the city because of a mistake from the other crew using poison and not keeping check.
Guess this will be costly for them.
On the other hand this explain the bad rep of the dragon hunters in general.

The the guys have an opportunity the gain some cash and clear their rep.
I also wonder whether Jirou is able to claim his girlfriend.
Feb 19, 2020 6:09 PM

Nov 2010
The anime team should have prepared some serious music. All the tense scenes were spoiled by the BGM with merry folk vibe.

"Can I eat it? Can I eat it?" Mika is an idiot as usual. It's not funny at all.

Vanabelle's move was smart as usual. She witnessed Giraud and a blond girl running hand in had in the previous episode, realized why he insisted to save the town, and constructed a logic why they should kill the dragon in an instant.

Although it seems this small arc uses three episode long, it's kind of redundant.
Aug 24, 2020 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
It's really beyond me how the other crew caught the dragon in the first place seeing that they are too incompetent to kill it and even more incompetent for angering it without a means to properly put an end to it. Felt sad for the dragon here since it just wants to live and only attacks as a defence mechanism, kinda wished they would save it but I guess that would go against the logic of them being dragon hunters.

Sep 25, 2020 10:11 AM

Sep 2018
Perhaps a little less exciting episode than I imagined at the beginning. The narration was a bit too telegraphed in the various situations, there was not even any progress as regards the knowledge of the characters. I hope that in the next episode the narrative will be more colorful and less faded than this one here. However looking from the perspective not of the hunters but from that of the dragons, the episode manages to be somewhat engaging, seeing their suffering, say for when they are killed and slaughtered, I often remember the bloody death that whales do and the thing I'm very sorry.
May 6, 6:33 PM

Nov 2019
This episode I was expecting less talk more action but fo course they want to drag this episode out with meaningless back and forth chatter between the drakers teams and the residents of the city. Jiro is compelled for his love at first sight to head into the flames while the other drakers plan to make their move out from the city. Bad episode, slow pacing and not enough action.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 12 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 9, 2020

31 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 11 Discussion

11 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 9 Discussion

11 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 8 Discussion

9 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 6 Discussion

10 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.