Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2019 4:43 PM
Dec 2018
I like this season a little more than the first one but their story arc conclusions are sh*t. I hate harem stuff too but still I enjoy it so 8/10 for me.
Sep 27, 2019 4:52 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Danmachi has finished it second season, personally it was not a bad season, it had slow moments, but I think it helped to see how Bell grew from the other perspective, not as an adventurer, but as a person.
This episode was very moving, more than anything because we finally understood why Bell is afraid of loving Hestia and this through the history of the mayor of the village that welcomes them.
Bell's fear of dying and leaving Hestia alone is what does not allow him to return Hestia's feelings, but the adorable Hestia was very understanding and knew how to comfort and calm Bell.

I loved when Hestia and Ais were dressed in the outfits of the festival, they both looked really beautiful and I must admit that when Ais and Hestia were alone it made me laugh a lot, so Ais sees Bell as her pet rabbit, how funny and sad for Bell .

The scene of the death of Mayor Karm was very sad, it had me on the verge of tears to see how Hestia helped him to go in peace, it was fun to see how Hestia managed to meet the goddess of the family to which Karm belonged.

Anyway, the trio returns to Orario safely and everyone returns to reunite with their respective families, Haruhime hugging Bell was very adorable and I laughed a lot as the jealousy of Hestia and Lili looked on their faces, but already at the end of the episode A girl with what appear to be crystal scales appears in the dungeon, who will she be?
I guess this means that we already have the beginning of what will be the third season that was announced for the summer season next year and the news did not end and announced an Ova, that makes it clear that they did quite well with this season.

I give 9/10 to this season, I would have liked to see more of the war family and have enjoyed more of Apollo's defeat, but at least the Haruhime arc was not bad, besides this arc allowed us to see the terrifying power that He owns the Freya family.
Sep 27, 2019 5:03 PM

Apr 2019
this season was pretty much so, there could only be 8 episodes so it wouldn't get boring

5/10
Sep 27, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2016
well that was an utterly tonedeaf death scene.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Sep 27, 2019 5:30 PM

Apr 2019
Who is that girl in the last ? can't find her on wiki
Sep 27, 2019 5:37 PM
Sep 2016
Bronos23 said:
LAST SCENE! Whats the girls name?

Wiene, she will be relevant for S3.
Sep 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Oct 2016
By the looks of the ending it seems likely that there will be another season :D
Sep 27, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
as a anime only these arcs were kinda bad, and hardly served much development for most the characters besides a few moments in between them at least the arc with saving the new character ended up with them actually staying and not being a one and done deal.

sorta ended on a good note with bell and hestia though they had to put bell to dense harem mc meter to max for the start and it still feels like it's gonna be there.

would be lying if i didn't say i missed this show and wanted more but that was the problem , i wanted more than what we got and hearing we are already getting a S3 has me worried so not holding my breath until it's out .

6/10 needed more dungeon-ing
Sep 27, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2008
Season 1 was definitely better...

But I still enjoyed this season.

IMO...Hestia is the big winner here, Bell is probably a dense Harem MC...but he does have a valid reason for worrying about being with Hestia.

But no doubt he wants to be with her...and ultimately I believe that’s what will happen.

7.5/10 for this season....can’t wait for Season 3!!!
Sep 27, 2019 7:11 PM

May 2015
Ehhh, this season just wasn't it for me. The first season wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but it was a fun little show I watched when I first started getting into anime. I thought this season would be similar, but it felt like such a downgrade. I highly doubt I'll watch the third season when it comes out.

Overall, 5/10. Hestia with her hair down was truly *chefs kiss* though.

♡ artist
サコ
Sep 27, 2019 7:46 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
kevin_video said:
It was an alright episode. This mini arc could have used one more episode, honestly. I prefer the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling. Would have liked to have SEEN Ais rescue the others instead of being told she did. SEEN them interact with the mayor and daughter, or villagers, or whomever, and gotten set up in the house. This season could have used 13 instead of 12 episodes, but whatever.

Season's over, and another is announced. Hopefully we'll see more dungeon crawls.

Yeah, i was wondering if there was an episode 11.5 i somehow missed, cuz that “wow, we sure did manage to escape that situation we were in” sum-up was pretty bad 😐
Definitely a step down from s1, but now it kinda makes sense that it had an almost filler-like feel to it, seeing as how s3 is already on deck 🤔
Hopefully it will return to s1-levels of awesomeness 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 27, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
gappasaurus said:
kevin_video said:
It was an alright episode. This mini arc could have used one more episode, honestly. I prefer the "show, don't tell" method of storytelling. Would have liked to have SEEN Ais rescue the others instead of being told she did. SEEN them interact with the mayor and daughter, or villagers, or whomever, and gotten set up in the house. This season could have used 13 instead of 12 episodes, but whatever.

Season's over, and another is announced. Hopefully we'll see more dungeon crawls.

Yeah, i was wondering if there was an episode 11.5 i somehow missed, cuz that “wow, we sure did manage to escape that situation we were in” sum-up was pretty bad 😐
Definitely a step down from s1, but now it kinda makes sense that it had an almost filler-like feel to it, seeing as how s3 is already on deck 🤔

It did have filler aspects to it, which is sad because it's not. I stopped reading the light novels a while ago, but I know they skipped some stuff. I'll just have to hope that the manga fills in the gaps when it finally catches up.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 27, 2019 8:11 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
kevin_video said:
gappasaurus said:

It did have filler aspects to it, which is sad because it's not. I stopped reading the light novels a while ago, but I know they skipped some stuff. I'll just have to hope that the manga fills in the gaps when it finally catches up.

I do hope to read the novels and/or manga for this series someday... just dunno when that may ever happen 😅
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 27, 2019 9:28 PM
Jun 2017
love the final episode:
- Ais serving food to Hestia-sama
-the karm and brigid-sama story
- the bell and hestia-sama moment

its just sweet and touching moment... love this one. and im glad it will have season 3... yeah
Sep 27, 2019 10:03 PM

Jan 2012
They hit us with an emotional concept then play a cheery song
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 27, 2019 10:05 PM
Mar 2016
Did nobody realise that they used instrumental acoustic version of Oregairu's OP/ED during Karm's scene?

JC staff is what made this season like shit. LN 6-7 is so good that you wouldn't be able to stop reading it, tho Omori's bad writing in describing the fight scene made me cringe a lot.

Ep 11-12 covered only 1 chapter out of LN volume 8 which has around 350-400 pages if I'm not mistaken, so they skipped side character's character development, which is understandable but well..

The girl from the last scene is a monster, as you saw that it can talk so that will be the premise for the 3rd season, definitely better if you like the essence of dungeon adventuring. But again it's JC so I'm not going to expect too much.
Sep 27, 2019 10:14 PM

Mar 2018
So a village party, old man dies and Hestia plays her best friend so Karm can pass away happy
Got a teaser for season 3 at the end there too. New girl to the harem i guess

What I found interesting was Ais' resentment towards the black dragon. She looked really furios there. Scary

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 27, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2018
I can say, while Season 1 is more about "Dungeon" word in the title, Season 2 is more about "Familia Myth". I think that's good for me, as a non-novel reader, because I also want to know the story behind some familia around Orario.

So, as expected, last two episode is not as intense as the rest, and more about "Is Love between child and goddess okay?" things. The story from village head is an evidence that this thing is really happen. And that's a brave sacrifice from Brigid to her child, memorable scene from this episode.

So, ready for Season 3 ? Yeah, I'm ready. Although I don't know what part of the title will be told on S3. And, I want to know about that girl who came out fron the rock. Anybody want to share an idea about her ?

Final score: 9/10
Sep 27, 2019 10:59 PM
Oct 2017
Hopefully we actually get to see the dungeon next season since thats what the whole show is about...
Sep 27, 2019 11:15 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, even after these last 2 episodes to develop their relationship I didnt see much development coming from it. For me, it remained the same in the end. Like... Bell's thoughts dindt seem to change or whatever. Maybe these 2 episodes were just about a bit of Bell and Hestia moments together; a semi-filler / filler (even though we had those rushed episodes... -.-" )

I confess that it has been painful watching Bell when it comes to love / romantic relationships. Though it's kind valid why Bell is so hesitant in returning Hestia's real feelings.

I would bet Bell liking Ais due to admiration (not love) and in deep loving Hestia (but he hasn't noticed yet).
Though now I am curious why Freya is so obsessed over him, though it is probably another "loving the MC without any major reason or just because he's kind or something" lol

I think this season can be roughly resumed in: family wars, new family members and a better place to live.

Anyway, despite it being rushed in some moments it was an enjoyable ride in general, and I had a few good laughs.

7/10
TechOtakuSep 27, 2019 11:44 PM
Sep 27, 2019 11:22 PM

May 2015
Maybe it's just me, but I prefer this Danmachi that focuses more about the bonds of the members of the familia than actual fighting in the dungeon.
This season has been waaaaay better than the first one imo.
Sep 27, 2019 11:23 PM
Nov 2018
S2 ended the way I predicted when Ep10's title preview for Ep11 was "Rakia." The birth inside the dungeon teasing S3.

For the ppl saying its another Harem blah blah.....honestly what's the full title of Danmachi?

S2 ended on Light Novel 8. From here on out, light novel 9 and onwards its all about exploring the Dungeon and the irregularities inside it. I haven't read Sword Oratoria's novels but my guess would be those would focus more on the deeper levels of the Dungeon considering Ais and Lefiya are the main characters. In Bell's case, the irregularities he encounters are appearing in the upper/mid levels.

S3 will most likely cover LN 9, 10, and 11 because these next 3 books tells a single story arc. There is possibly going to be bad pacing issues like in S2 considering the amount of events happening. Theres just too much things happening.

This next arc is possibly Danmachi's strongest arc and will be integral to Bell's adventures going forward. Especially considering the adversaries he encounters in LN 12 and 13 in regards to what changes are happening inside the Dungeon. LN 9-13 are a lot darker than the light hearted portrayal of being an Orario adventurer from the beginning.
Sep 28, 2019 12:00 AM
Nov 2018
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:

So, ready for Season 3 ? Yeah, I'm ready. Although I don't know what part of the title will be told on S3. And, I want to know about that girl who came out fron the rock. Anybody want to share an idea about her ?

S3 will be the start of Irregularities occuring inside the Dungeon. Similar to how the Goliath appeared on the 18th floor being an irregular boss monster that shouldn't have been there. After all the Dungeon is "alive" and is the "Mother" of the monsters it birthed. From here on out, the God Ouranos and the cloaked figure we saw in Sword Oratoria's anime will make there appearances to Bell's story.

Sep 28, 2019 12:03 AM

Nov 2013
Definitely liked season 1 better, but this season was okay too . The Haruhime arc was pretty decent. I wonder if that girl at the end is the black dragon ...

Hoping S3 is a lot better ! ... this one felt a bit like filler for what’s to come
Sep 28, 2019 12:21 AM
Oct 2007
This season fall short personally for me when compared to S1 or even the side story with Ais. I'm just glad the anime is not ending yet with S3 confirmed and upcoming!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 12:26 AM

May 2018
mcNosurge said:

Umm, is that part outside spoiler tag supposed to be a spoiler, too ?

But thanks for sharing the explanation of what will go on.
Sep 28, 2019 12:30 AM

Dec 2007
Granted i have no idea about the source material so i am unaware of how well this season was adapted. The season has hovered around a 7-8 for me by just being lackluster. However, maybe its the fact im rolling, the interactions between hestia and the mayor really got to me on an emotional level. Im rating this a 9, yet fear later on during a rewatch i wont feel the same.
Sep 28, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
I might be one of the few who actually liked this season a lot more than the first season, granted it did not have that much action or dungeon exploration but at least it did not feel as fast paced or rushed and i enjoyed the characther development a lot more.

(i still find it funny that season 2 is being said to be rushed compared to s1 when s1 adapted 5 volumes where as s2 just adapted 3 although the last volume was rushed as it only had 2 ep and adapted one chapter but it istill better than s1 as the last volume was adapted in just one ep)

At least s3 is coming up and that one will be just one big arc and The Xenos arc is the arc that for a lot of fandom is when the series reached its peak, i look foward to it but it is going to be one hell of a depressing run.

8/10
Sep 28, 2019 1:30 AM

Oct 2015
A bland ending truly fitting for a bland series. Even that moment on the field was so bland that it made cardboard taste like chocolate! For a popular series it sure ended it ended lackluster. I knew this bullshit was popular for nothing, when I picked it up years ago I didn't know that much of anime. I didn't know what truly works for me, in other words I was finding myself. But now I think I'm better than before, and know this series was just another basic crap from the boonies. I mean nothing stands out from it, to give it that charm.

I mean this season was so boring that I found Cop craft the greatest masterpiece ever. Was it Hestia and Bell suppose romance that makes it popular? If it is then get your ass out of your head ( no mistake there!), because I don't see them as an ideal couple because Hestia is kinda out there about the whole thing. Bell is just avoiding her, because damn is she too loud, I think he loves her but not in a lovey way. Besides it wouldn't work, and that's why the writers shy away from their love.

There are so many things about this one, but I'm too tired to even mention, and it requires a bigger post. So I'll stop rambling!

4/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 28, 2019 2:13 AM

Apr 2016
This second season was pretty disappointing. Shame, i liked 1st season.. Also de OP and ED were pretty bad. Hope the 3rd season will be better
Final score 6/10

Sep 28, 2019 2:58 AM

Feb 2014
I thought this was a nice episode to end season two. It was a little bit more emotional than I thought it would be when the episode went into the backstory of Karm and how he came to fall in love with the goddess, Brigid. His death scene was done well, too.

Same goes with the moment with Bell and Hestia and how she was reassuring him about having a romantic relationship between a normal human and a goddess. I can understand how conflicted Bell is when it comes to romance, but I do hope he starts to break out of his shell and become more confident when it comes to romance in the future. =)

Overall, this season was pretty good, definitely better than the Sword Oratoria spinoff, but I would still say that season one was slightly better. The best arc out of this series was Haruhime's arc, mainly towards the latter end of the arc itself.

J.C Staff has been getting a lot of (well deserved) criticism with their mediocre production values so far this year and it really puts them far behind so many other studio's efforts as well. Thankfully, they did get their shit together and made this second season, visually at least, as good as the first season. Animation was also good overall, with episode 10 containing some great fighting animation between Bell and Aisha.

I'll give this season a 7.5/10 overall, maybe to be rounded up or down at a later date. Bring on season three and hopefully a LOT more dungeon exploring this time around! =P
Sep 28, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
Glad that this season is over...major disappointment compared to first season
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 28, 2019 3:27 AM

Nov 2016
This season was worse by 1* to compare with 1st season. Well it was good but it should be about "dungeon" but in whole season there were like 1 min in total about dungeon (and nicely skipped just seen death of monsters). Well I always preffer fighting with monsters than humans.
But if I'm not comparing with 1st season plot was interesting and enjoyable .But really looking forward to 3rd season (since i saw that cliffhanger in the end it looks like they go back to dungeon again :) )
PS: It's better to not make Freya angry she is so dangerous :D
Sep 28, 2019 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
found this season to be overall pretty boring. pacing etc was fine some fights were cool but found the plot disappointing imo
Sep 28, 2019 4:30 AM

May 2018
Weak season. Hopefully season 3 is better.
Sep 28, 2019 5:26 AM

Aug 2016
Don't know what light novel readers say about this yet, but this was surprisingly good episode for end. I mean, first season ended with epic boss fight, but this was pleasant ending after all struggle of season 2.
Hestia acted very deity-like unlike her usual self, and I was pleasantly surprised, I really liked her this episode, normally she really annoys me, but moments like this reminds me she is a goddess.

Can't wait for season 3. I agree though. We need more dungeon in danmachi, back in season 3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 6:08 AM
Oct 2018
So this season started the best way possible with Bell dancing with Aiz and ended the worst way possible with Bell dancing with Hestia.

And everything that was between these two things felt very disappointing to me tbh...
Sep 28, 2019 6:18 AM
Jul 2015
I didn't like how the entire first season was about Bell trying to get stronger, chasing after Ais and the second season is like "eh fuck it, I guess I'll just love my goddess instead". Now I think that Bell is as bland and boring as a main character as it gets, but still I don't get what is he thinking or what is his purpose overall. The first season felt like it had a direction, the second season is just a clusterfuck of random stories stitched together.

1st season 8/10, 2nd season 5/10, average.
Sep 28, 2019 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
and just like that the season ends...hmmm seems like season 3 will come next...never was expecting that
Sep 28, 2019 9:10 AM
Jan 2019
I think I got a tear with this final episode, and it was so dramatic and romantic showing us the love between a Goddess and her son. Simply touching.
I don't know if this second season was as good as the first or better, but it was one of the best 10 anime of the Summer season. DanMachi will always have a special place on my list.
I'm glad they officially announced the realized of a new OVA and the Third Season Ter. I will be looking forward to it.

Ps: I wonder why Ains put that expression on seeing the scales of the Black Dragon.
Sep 28, 2019 9:14 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This was a very emotional episode, but it was a good place to end season 2. Season 2 was okay, but I still Season 1 was better. The War Games arc was rushed in favor of getting to the Haruhime arc. Despite all that this season was somewhat entertaining so I will give it a 7/10. Can't wait for Season 3 and hopefully we will see more of Ryuu if possible because she very underrated.
Sep 28, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2018
Stupid Bell, how dare he choose Hestia over Ains, doesn't he know that Hestia can live for a thousand years and not grow old while he can only live up to 80 and be old??????

So new girl born from the rocks of the dungeon, so is she a demihuman or a new goddess??????
Sep 28, 2019 10:06 AM
Mar 2015
A nice commentary on the love between the gods and men
Sep 28, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
Anyone that didn't like the anime that much, I would recommend trying to read the books, they're a LOT better. Dangerous situations are portrayed well, fighting scenes too and overall the character's line of toughts and environment, I really enjoy reading this light novel
Sep 28, 2019 11:03 AM
Sep 2019
Im kind of glad it ended, I couldn't enjoy this season at all. Season 3 was announced, but I'm probably not going to watch it.
Sep 28, 2019 12:15 PM

Mar 2017
I liked this season for sure but i have to admit that i was expecting more of a focus on the whole 'Bell is Zeus's grandson' reveal from season 1 and i was also disappointed that there was no dungeon crawling.

A pretty good season though and i'm looking forward to season 3!
Sep 28, 2019 4:58 PM
Apr 2019
OKAY! I'M VERY UNDECIDED NOW!

if u didn't understand, go to my post on the episode 10's forum
HattoriRikkuSep 28, 2019 5:07 PM
Sep 28, 2019 6:41 PM

May 2018
Good way to end the second season. Some important hints from this episode is where Ais gets angry at the Black Dragon's scale, and the blue haired girl at the last part of the episode, maybe Bell will save her again for the next season. This episode mostly talks about on Goddess and Children love, and what will happen why they get split apart, RIP Karm.

Sep 28, 2019 6:45 PM
Sep 2018
Not a fan of this season. Although s1 packed in more LN volumes, it didn't seem so rushed. That being said, my perception may be a bit skewed, bc it was my first isekai :-) And LN came after.
IMO they skipped a lot of meaningful tidbits, which add on to the world, relationships and so on. There is hardly any angst in Familia War Arc (Soma part specifically) and Ishtar Arc is bland af.
Why would they not tell Bell that she's still a pure girl like in LN? That frog-like Amazon was done much worse then I'd expect - she was supposed to be repulsive, but still female and human, not a frog.
The last 2 episodes are frustrating for me too - I really liked the pacing of the 8th vol. of LN - the "calm before the storm" - a pity that they've thrown out Hephaistios+Welf and Takemikazuchi+Mikoto bits (not as much about magic swords)

PPS: Not a fan of Hestia forcing herself on our poor inexperienced Bell, who doesn't know what's what. Haruhime is a best girl for now (Hestia - goddess(-), Lili - imouto(-), Ais - idol(-), Eina and Lion - ara-ara(-), Syr - lap pillow in LN(+)), Wienne - we'll see(+-)
PPPS: Really, just read LNs - DanMachi and Oratoria - they tie up very good and make so much more sense together. One of my best LN reads.

madridista117 said:
Did nobody realise that they used instrumental acoustic version of Oregairu's OP/ED during Karm's scene?

JC staff is what made this season like shit. LN 6-7 is so good that you wouldn't be able to stop reading it, tho Omori's bad writing in describing the fight scene made me cringe a lot.

Ep 11-12 covered only 1 chapter out of LN volume 8 which has around 350-400 pages if I'm not mistaken, so they skipped side character's character development, which is understandable but well..

The girl from the last scene is a monster, as you saw that it can talk so that will be the premise for the 3rd season, definitely better if you like the essence of dungeon adventuring. But again it's JC so I'm not going to expect too much.

rindazzzSep 28, 2019 7:12 PM
Sep 28, 2019 6:52 PM

Jul 2012
Decent at best season, felt like i watched a filler story. Nothing really worth mentioning, 7/10 only cause i really like the setting. Hoping for something next season.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.