Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2019 5:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh the amount of strategic planning in this series' finale...

Idk, this finale felt rather rushed. Feels like the anime could need another episode to cap the series. At least Nobunaga himself is living up to expectations as a character.
Sep 23, 2019 6:22 AM
Aug 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Idk, this finale felt rather rushed. Feels like the anime could need another episode to cap the series. At least Nobunaga himself is living up to expectations as a character.

already aired? where can i watch the raw? i'm curious
Sep 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see that Toshiie came back.

Yeah, I agree, this episode felt rushed. I wanted to see of the battle of Okehazama.

Overall, 4/10 for this show.

Sep 23, 2019 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
I'm pretty sure at this point, Nobunaga should have planned ahead (plus the production stuff) in order to finish his war (and the anime) SOMEHOW.

Despite this being the final episode, it felt more like a further set-up for even more ruckus within Nobunaga's and the Imagawa's borders, for their final clash.

The seemingly ill-washed and scatterbrained Nobunaga has had his past issues of wishing-washing over serious issues, but with determination, he's back into his character.

Stark700 said:

Pretty much felt the same way, heard that there's a 13th episode from the looks of LiveChart, but it looks pretty much done at this last-minute stage.

Nevetheless, nothing good nor bad here. Just your average historical Studio Deen show.
Sep 23, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2019
Historical facts :

Imagawa Yoshimoto's decision to invade Owari on his trip to Kyoto to proclaim himself the new shogun would result in the 1560 Battle of Okehazama. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okehazama

Nobunaga's victory at Okehazama was the turning point in his fortunes, and would establish him as a major player in Sengoku era politics. He was well on the path to reaching national unification of Japan until he was assassinated with his eldest son at Honnoji Temple in 1582.

The Imagawas never recovered from their defeat at Okehazama and swiftly declined in power.

Tokugawa Ieyasu would later join Nobunaga's side as a loyal follower until the latter's death. Successive disputes between Ieyasu and various faction leaders over who would truly inherit Nobunaga's legacy resulted in the decisive Battle of Sekigahara in 1600. Ieyasu would win the war and go on to found the Tokugawa Shogunate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sekigahara

Stark700 said:

Feels like the writers were going for a "full-circle "ending, where Nobunaga's final scenes fed back into Ep 1's intro. IIRC the series was always more about Nobunaga's character growth until this Okehazama turning point that would cement his status as true leader and potential unifier of Japan. For the remaining cap, best to look up the history wikis.

If you're interested, otome game app Honey's Magazine will be running a Wakaki Nobunaga themed interactive story that will also be available in English and French.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-06/kochoki-wakaki-nobunaga-gets-spinoff-story-with-english-french-releases/.150707
Sep 23, 2019 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
7/10 from me. While at first it seemed promising it also showed typical stuff that you see in otome-game adaptions. (Beautiful faces and stuff.)

Still I liked it and I like samurai stuff in general - as long as there is not too much annoying stuff (annoying chars). Most things were okay here and I liked to see a bit of the Nogunaga story - since usually we mainly have Bakumatsu and Sengoku era (later when Nobunaga is in full power or already dead) so some of the earlier stuff was nice since I wasn't too familiar with that.

Other (and much better) anime that focused more on Nobunaga was Nobunaga Concerto. I'd recommend this one to people that haven't watched it yet. Despite time travel stuff - where I feared the worst - it was really great.
Sep 23, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2015
I really wanted to see how Nobunaga killed Imagawa Yoshimoto, damn did they have to rush! I liked Tsuneoki's speech to Nobunaga, it really brought back the demon. His plan of surrendering and committing seppuku was really messed up, I'm glad he didn't go through with it. But shit, I really wanted to see how he defeated the guy.

Overall it was a nice watch to waste time. But just that, to waste time only. Crucial moments were never shown, or they were brushed off from this series. It rushed like crazy, from episode to episode. How will we know his glory besides from the narrative, we want to see rather than hear. Us being shown, makes us engage with the series and his greatness. To me it was just an empty cupboard that hardly gave us anything to remember it by. I doubt anyone will miss this series or even talk about it in future, and that's super sad. The story needed at least a 2 cour segment to showcase its full potential, but it couldn't since we live in an era cursed by 1 cour series. Feel bad it couldn't spread its wings because of this curse!

Characters were hardly engaging, plot ran like Usain Bolt, Music was alright, animation was very good though, And as a memorabilia it failed.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 23, 2019 10:10 AM
Aug 2018
Confirmed best seasonal for me. I loved EVERYTHING in this show. I loved it, and I bet that in february 2020 they will announce season 2. Yeah the ending was a bit rushed but the feeling were shown throughout this series, and it was beautufil. Amazing animation and music, character's developmente and hidden thoughts. It's underrated only because of mainstream series, which personally i find overrated (vinland saga and dr stone firstly). This show is memorable. I will never forget it, and I wish not to be the only one.
10/10 and it's still not enough
Sep 23, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2017
wait was this the last episode??? The end sounded like there was one more to come o/
Sep 23, 2019 11:25 AM
Mar 2015
Historically I have never heard he had a plan to kill himself The plan was to attack the HQ and kill the enemy leader The rain served as a cloak to the attackers who appeared behind the HQ from a gulley and quickly overran and killed the enemy leader The plan is typical of Sengoku surprise attacks. He gave a great speech before the battle about what they were doing and how when they succeeded they would be forever remembered
Sep 23, 2019 1:43 PM

Mar 2018
This anime was far from perfect but I really liked it. Yes, I know the last episode was rushed and could've been made into two instead. All in all, I honestly don't know what score is adequate for this show so I'll leave scoring it on the side until some time passes and my mind clears.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 23, 2019 2:07 PM

Sep 2017
Stark700 said:

Couldn't agree with you more!
Sep 23, 2019 3:09 PM

Dec 2011
I wanted more Kichou...
We need a OVA which will be the 13th episode.
Sep 23, 2019 3:27 PM
Sep 2019
I wanted to see what happened with him and Kichou >.< like at least one more moment together. And maybe something remembering his loyal retainers that died in that battle. I wish they had one more episode fml
Sep 23, 2019 5:36 PM
Jan 2019
And so ends one of my favorite anime of the season.
At 27, Nobunaga was one of the best strategists. From an early age he demonstrated great skill on the battlefield, and was a great lord. Although it was combined with some fiction, I learned a little more about Japanese history. I enjoyed it and it was exciting while it lasted. Maybe it wasn't one of the best anime of the season, but it was good and decent. It was a pleasure.

"There is no better strength than experience."
Sep 24, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
Never been into otome-game stuff, and this one won't make change my mind at all. I won't lie, it was visually appealing. 4/10
WaterLordSep 24, 2019 7:01 AM
Sep 24, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2009
I wonder if we'll ever get a sequel that covers the rest of his life. Doubtful that'll ever come to fruition though.
Sep 24, 2019 11:59 PM

Mar 2009
Damn shame we only got 12 episodes out of this. It's not often we get a serious anime about Nobunaga.
Sep 25, 2019 10:00 PM

Apr 2015
I like Nobunaga for the japan histoy, its grate to see him in anime, the characters are handsome and the history its fine, I like this anime but the ending its a bit fast

And I'm waiting for the otome game xD, thanks for have a version in english
Sep 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2009
What kind of absolute shitto ending is shit.

Oct 1, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
Would have been cool to see the final moments of the battle. Sounds like a lot of cunning went into it.

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oda_Nobunaga?wprov=sfla1
"Nobunaga's scouts reported that Yoshimoto was resting at the narrow gorge of Dengaku-hazama, ideal for a surprise attack, and that the Imagawa army was celebrating their victories while Yoshimoto viewed the heads. Nobunaga moved towards Imagawa's camp and set up a position some distance away. An array of flags and dummy troops made of straw and spare helmets gave the impression of a large host, while the real Oda army hurried round in a rapid march to get behind Yoshimoto's camp. The heat gave way to a terrific thunderstorm. As the Imagawa samurai sheltered from the rain Nobunaga deployed his troops, and when the storm ceased they charged down upon the enemy in the gorge, so suddenly that Yoshimoto thought a brawl had broken out among his men, only realizing it was an attack when two samurais charged up. One aimed a spear at him, which Yoshimoto deflected with his sword, but the second swung his blade and cut off Imagawa's head."

Overall seems like there was a lot of filling in the gaps with fictional imaginings between actual events. But still entertaining enough.
6/10
Oct 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Jun 2014
This was quite good, and it ended good as well, although we didn't see much of that final battle.

Feb 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
Nobunaga found his strength again through the support of his own men though the end fight was a bit too rushed

Overall decent anime but they really should have taken some time with certain parts of the story

Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM
Mar 2012
Last few episodes were kinda rushed, but still decent closure with Imagawa, really more focused on Nobunaga's relationships & politics.
lol been awhile since Takugen disappeared to who knows where.
Nice art & at times surprisingly great osts. His formative years & most his close allies were fun to see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

32 by Obabby »»
Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM

» Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

Luthandorius - May 31, 2019

7 by OP_Rider »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

15 by Unkrowned »»
Feb 5, 2020 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.